BPL Community Profile

Russell Swanson (rswanson) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midatlantic
About Me Russell Swanson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Russell Swanson

Showing 541 - 547 of 547 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Forum » Thread

Evernew products
I'm pretty sure that Evernew cookware is proprietary to REI, or at least exclusive there. I think you're going to be out of luck getting that locally.

In GEAR » gear sources in Canada?
March 15, 12:38pm

Maybe a bit off topic?
I'm sure you've all read similar but I thought I'd post this: http://www.bushwhacker.ca/noboots.html

In GEAR » Shoes for Long Distance Hiking
March 08, 5:19pm

Re: spoon fixed blade "the NOON"
"I shape my fixe blade in a titanium spoon...http://www.randonner-leger.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=960" Ok, now that looks like a potential accident!

In GEAR » Light Fixed Blade? Any knife knuts here?
February 24, 5:11pm

Les Stroud = multitool
Plus, if anyone has seen Survivorman, apparently you can MacGyver anything with a multitool!

February 24, 1:33pm

To refute...
I'm not that interested in starting an argument here but I will reitereate: if you need a knife in the backcountry for an emergency situation, you need a knife. If the need arises and you're witho...

February 24, 12:53pm

Several...
Anyone that regularly uses a non-locking penknife in the backcountry is asking for it, in my opinion. Benchmade folders are quality. The Mini-Griptilian is a great all-purpose knife. It's only...

February 24, 8:26am

REI Quarter Dome
For the bucks it's hard to beat REI's Quarter Dome. I just love that thing! I just had it out in 18 inches of snow and it held up fine. Awesome in winds up to 50mph (maybe a tad more) and venting ...

In GEAR » JMT shelter recommendation?
February 22, 1:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Russell Swanson

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
This is a little dated as the new Ether series has since replaced my POE pad but I still feel the review is relevant due as a statement about the company. First, the pad is comfortable, so I won'...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 29, 11:48pm

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Max Compact
I'll be posting a similar review under the POE Max Thermo regarding the quality of the pad. First, the pad is as comfortable as advertised, so I won't go into details about this. My comments ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
September 29, 11:41pm

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
I also had difficulties securing the seal on the on the OP Sak in both a Bear Vault and an Ursak (w/aluminum liner). The OP Sak is square and the bear containers are round. Perhaps a better design w...

In Miscellaneous Products
September 22, 9:42am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
I don't need to add to the comments about the jacket's usefulness and breathability. I practicaly live in mine on the trail. I'm dinging the perfect rating down to a 3/5 for two reasons;...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
May 03, 4:33pm

ULA Conduit
A lot of superlatives have been already said in the above reviews and I don't have a lot to add, other comments about the pad sleeve. It was clearly designed to accept self inflating 3/4 length p...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 10:57am

REI Quarterdome
If you must have a double walled tent, this one is hard to beat. For the price, you're getting a great package. I've had the Quarter Dome for a few years now and it's been quite a serv...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
March 21, 5:18pm

ULA Equipment
Aside from Brian's phenomenal products (which are well documented), I recently had a great experience shopping with ULA. While researching a new pack purchase, Brian Frankle my emails to ULA Equi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 14, 1:58pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Ok, I'll admit that I'm posting this review just to see what it does to my BPL rating. Oh the vanity! I bought this bag sight unseen, based largely on Western Mountaineering’s reputation within th...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 30, 6:02pm