Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale London, UK
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 541 - 550 of 1092 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...110

Forum » Thread

Re: Down hooded jackets
Typical sewn thru down jacket will need ~5oz of 800FP down at 20F and ~7oz at 10F to keep relatively warm at rest wearing just a base layer and 100w fleece midlayer.

In GEAR » Down hooded jackets
October 15, 11:48pm

Re: snowshoe advice, please
I have the Tubbs Flex TRK 24". Some things I learned from my rental experience about choosing snowshoes. First, temper your expectations about snowshoe flotation. IMO, all the makers weight...

In GEAR » snowshoe advice, please
October 15, 11:31pm

Re: Black Swan event sooner than you think
Well it seems the most powerful typhoon in 10yrs is on a bullseye path for the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant tonight. Will this be the Black Swan event no one planned for? USA West Coast will hav...

In GEAR » Bug Out Bag / Prepper Setup / Survival-based UL kit and philosophy
October 15, 3:08am

Re: Potential move overseas-Tokyo
We have world-class hiking/mountaineering/skiing/snowshoeing in Japan. Much of it within 4hrs of central Tokyo by public transport. Extensive mountain hut system too, so camping and carrying lots o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Potential move overseas
October 13, 7:49pm

Re: Re: Neo XTherm too warm?
I've read in lab testing the parameters of the EN13537 test, it was determined that wind velocity, the ground insulating power of the mattress, and the time-to-loft of the bag will have the gre...

In GEAR » Neo XTherm too warm?
October 13, 6:55pm

Re: Cliff Notes
Thank you James Klein for posting the basic details. Two more questions for whoever wants to answer. Do you have to send a stove to Roger for this mod or does Roger get them? If I become a B...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
October 10, 4:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cliff Notes
"Roger's articles are worth the price. He addresses a number of problems and goes into infinite detail" I'm sure they would be IF that was the kind of detail that I wanted to k...

October 09, 8:42pm

Re: Re: Cliff Notes and Support
Yes, and let's not forget the Kovea Spider can be had on eBay for only US$50 shipped. But from what I've gathered in Franco's post above, his 116t RC stove weighs 90g and may offer more...

October 09, 4:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday 6-Oct ??
Roger, don't suppose there is a Cliff's Notes version of the info for those of us not privy to the BPL secret handshake?

October 09, 3:12pm

Re: Any base layer works for sleeping
Having just weighed all my Winter long underwear combos including Patagonia Merino 1/2 and 3, Smartwool NTS Micro, Cap1/2 and 4EW, and Terramar Thermasilk, I decided on Cap4 EW hoody and bottoms (n...

In GEAR » Sleeping clothes
October 09, 3:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.