Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale London, UK
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 541 - 550 of 1087 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...109

Forum » Thread

Re: Cliff Notes
Thank you James Klein for posting the basic details. Two more questions for whoever wants to answer. Do you have to send a stove to Roger for this mod or does Roger get them? If I become a B...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
October 10, 4:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cliff Notes
"Roger's articles are worth the price. He addresses a number of problems and goes into infinite detail" I'm sure they would be IF that was the kind of detail that I wanted to k...

October 09, 8:42pm

Re: Re: Cliff Notes and Support
Yes, and let's not forget the Kovea Spider can be had on eBay for only US$50 shipped. But from what I've gathered in Franco's post above, his 116t RC stove weighs 90g and may offer more...

October 09, 4:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday 6-Oct ??
Roger, don't suppose there is a Cliff's Notes version of the info for those of us not privy to the BPL secret handshake?

October 09, 3:12pm

Re: Any base layer works for sleeping
Having just weighed all my Winter long underwear combos including Patagonia Merino 1/2 and 3, Smartwool NTS Micro, Cap1/2 and 4EW, and Terramar Thermasilk, I decided on Cap4 EW hoody and bottoms (n...

In GEAR » Sleeping clothes
October 09, 3:08pm

Re: Re: Wednesday 6-Oct ??
What the heck is this? Roger is now making/selling a winter remote canister stove? Is it a limited beta or a full on production? What are the details/specs? Do we send our stoves to be modified? Ho...

October 09, 12:50am

Re: Dromedary Hydration nix
Serge, IMO Hydrapak makes the best hydration bladders. Super tough and perhaps more importantly, super easy to clean. Slick insulated tube option too, though I suspect in sub-freezing temps you wil...

In GEAR » Dromedary Hydration
October 08, 1:30am

Re: First Ascent Downlight 50
What else did you want to know? The only pertinent spec I can't see is fill weight. Knowing most sewn thru baffled jackets have fill/weight ratio of 30-40%, we can guesstimate that since uses 1...

In GEAR » Downtek jacket/parka with a good warranty?
October 07, 5:37pm

Re: Can the thread be saved?
Doubt it because the whole concept is ludicrous in any practical sense. Why? Because the SOP for any local, regional natural disaster is to shelter in place until help arrives. If your "place&...

In GEAR » Bug Out Bag / Prepper Setup / Survival-based UL kit and philosophy
October 07, 4:25pm

Re: Still uncertain
IMO, a French press is not practical for brewing small individual servings and using one in a 1L Nalgene will lead to a pretty nasty/rancid bottle after a week or so on the trail. If you can de...

In GEAR » Classic Backcountry Coffee System Revived!
October 07, 3:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.