Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 541 - 550 of 1022 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...103

Forum » Thread

Re: Solid Fuel Stove Techniques
I have used Esbit on a couple trips. I did nothing to deal with the residue except put my pot in a plastic bag before putting it in my pack. Cleaned it off at home. Left it on the stove forever....

In Philosophy & Technique » Solid Fuel Stove Techniques
September 17, 6:30pm

Re: Science and Giardia
It seems to me there are two studies that would need to be done to provide a reasonably scientific basis for the assessment of the risk of getting Giardiasis in a particular area: 1) A study of th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia: Let's Talk SCIENCE
September 15, 2:40pm

Re: JMT - Can we/Should we?
I think the only way to be confident that schedule will work for you and your mom is to test it - and by that I mean a week-long trip in similar conditions on similar trails at a similar pace. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT - Can we/Should we?
September 10, 10:56pm

Re: Thank you! A few more questions
The road to gianelli is doable with a Prius, just go slow and watch for the rocks. If you don't pay attention you will do some scraping, but as long as you are careful you'll be fine.

In Pre-Trip Planning » First backpack trip with my 11 year old son
September 09, 11:05pm

Re: First backpack trip with my 11 year old son
Be aware that Relief Res. will be pretty low this time of year - meaning like 20 or 30 feet low, and thus a big bathtub ring of dry lake bottom between you and the water. You might consider goi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » First backpack trip with my 11 year old son
September 09, 4:32pm

Re: New tarp design, I think.
Jack - nice design. Have you tried pulling the end panel in under the side instead of wrapping ti over? I'm thinking that might get you better coverage. Another thought is that if you made the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » New tarp design, I think.
September 08, 9:44pm

Re: Versatile 3 season pad combo to 15F. Could this be the answere?
For me, on snow, that would be a little less than what works. I use a neoAir like you have, on top of a CCF pad that's probably a bit warmer than your 3/8", on top of a 1/8" Suluk 46 ...

In GEAR » Versatile 3 season pad combo to 15F. Could this be the answere?
September 08, 6:06pm

Re: Working in boots
Jen, if it works for you, do it. Everybody's feet are different. I'm not so sure about the working in boots, though, since I work in boots (construction) and have for many years, but I hik...

In GEAR » Has anyone gone back to wearing boots after trying shoes?
September 08, 5:52pm

Rodents
If you leave your pack out, make sure all zippers are open so your little friends can get in and out easily. Otherwise, they WILL get in any way they can, and you'll have some nice holes in you...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » rodents
September 06, 6:46pm

Re: Re: twin island lakes to Catherine
Den - I don't have a good way to send you a map, but if you look at the topo map of the area and draw a line straight from the outlet of the pond just below the Cathrine outlet to the inlet of ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » off trail hiking
September 05, 11:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.