Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 541 - 550 of 983 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...99

Forum » Thread

Re: Day hike from base camp, how do you carry water/food/essentials
As long as your regular pack is reasonably light (and of course it must be if you're a BPL member :-) ), then just use it for dayhikes. That's what I do - no extra weight at all and plenty ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Day hike from base camp, how do you carry water/food/essentials
July 17, 6:37pm

Re: pillow slips...has anyone velcroed the pillow to the pad?
I glued velcro to my pad and sewed it to the clothing stuffsack I use for a pillow. I sewed some pieces of grosgrain ribbon to the sack and sewed the velcro to that so that the velcro is on the und...

In GEAR » pillow slips...has anyone velcroed the pillow to the pad?
July 15, 6:50pm

Re: East Access to JMT?
Taboose is the most used of those trails and probably the easiest to follow. All are serious slogs - like 6000 feet of climbing in 8 or 9 miles. All start low enough that they are in the desert, an...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » East Access to JMT?
July 08, 10:23pm

Shorts and pants,no convertibles for me
I wear shorts at all times, with wind pants to go over them in the evening or if it gets cold during the day. My shorts and windpants together are lighter than any convertibles I have found, plus t...

In GEAR » pants vs shorts vs convertibles
July 08, 9:56pm

Re: Camping/Hiking with a small child (<1 year)
When ours were that young, we kept to fairly warm locales and doubled up on the fleece footy jammies with hoods, which worked well for sleeping. We stuck to car camping and used a porta-crib inside...

In GEAR » Camping/Hiking with a small child (<1 year)
July 08, 9:49pm

Re: Light Weight External Frame Packs?
This is bigger than you want, but it's likely the lightest frame you'll find for a low price: http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___60987 Says it goes up to 21" torso. ...

In GEAR » Light Weight External Frame Packs?
July 07, 10:20pm

Re: OK everybody, show me your bookmarks
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=8994

In Make Your Own Gear » OK everybody, show me your bookmarks
July 02, 10:17pm

Re: Regular or Short length?
Over the years I have come to the conclusion that I won't buy any sleeping bag without getting in it first - or at least knowing that I can return it if I don't like how it fits. The number...

In GEAR » Regular or Short length?
July 02, 10:11pm

Re: water management
I agree, I'd rather carry the filter than the extra water. My trips are in the Sierra, and I rarely have to go more than an hour between water sources, so I rarely carry more than a 1/2 liter o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » water management
July 02, 4:03pm

twin island lakes to Catherine
I have been over to Twin Island Lakes from Lake Catherine, and it's pretty easy. I understand there is a trail that comes up the canyon almost to Twin Island Lakes. They way to go is come up to...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » off trail hiking
July 02, 3:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.