Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 541 - 550 of 918 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: Gearlist
Hi Doug - Having been on San Joaquin Ridge in the summer, I'd say that getting all the way to San Joaquin Mtn is a pretty tall order. However,you are right about the first part of that route - ...

In Winter Hiking » Snowshoeing Mammoth questions
March 09, 10:27pm

JMT permits
If you don't mind starting somewhere other than Happy Isles, there are other trailheads you can try. You could start at Glacier Point and take the Panorama trail over to the top of Nevada falls...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT permit problems
March 07, 2:04pm

Re: Best ultralight 2 person tent for appalacian trail?
Did you consider the Tarptent Stratospire?

In GEAR » Best ultralight 2 person tent for appalacian trail?
March 06, 10:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Sleeping bag condensation w/ Pictures
At those temperatures the breathability isn't the big factor, but it can be at warmer temps, when the dewpoint is outside the bag. and a more breathable fabric will allow the bag to dry faster ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping bag condensation w/ Pictures
March 05, 10:20pm

Re: Stove recommendations please
Jetboils are great for hot water but not the most controllable for real cooking. take a look at the stover reviews here on BPL or on Hikin' Jim's blog for some suggestions of stoves that a...

In GEAR » Stove recommendations please
March 05, 10:15pm

Re: Sleeping bag condensation w/ Pictures
Totally normal. At those temps the dew point is inside the insulation - unless maybe at super-low humidity. An enclosed tent might help, since the interior of the tent will be maybe 5 degrees warme...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping bag condensation w/ Pictures
March 05, 9:58pm

Re: JMT First camp site
There aren't a lot of water source options in that section. If go past Sunrise creek, you have a ways to go before you get to any other water. And between the top of the falls and Sunrise Creek...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT First camp site
March 05, 9:41pm

Re: Realistic Number of Days Food in Bearikade Weekender/Expedition
My experience with my Bearikades: I got food for 9 days for 2 people in a weekender and an expedition - so a total of 18 person-days. Had to repackage most of the FD food into ziplocs to get there,...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Realistic Number of Days Food in Bearikade Weekender/Expedition
March 05, 9:37pm

Re: "Kindle in cold weather"
David - no, I'm sticking with my usual timing, late April/early May. I had to lock my dates in a while back, and the odds are still with me I think. The snow may be thin by then, but probably t...

In GEAR » Kindle in cold weahter
March 05, 9:16pm

Kindle in cold weahter
Has anyone out there used a Kindle in temperatures below freezing? The specs say the operating temperature range is 32F to 95F. If I gt one I might want to take it snow camping in the spring, and I...

In GEAR » Kindle in cold weahter
March 04, 11:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.