Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 541 - 550 of 993 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...100

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: liner makes the difference?
I've never believed that using odor-proof bags is going to do much. For one thing, you are handling the bags, and thus they smell like people even if they don't smell like food. And bears a...

In GEAR » ursack vs bear canister
August 13, 10:59pm

Re: Do you carry redundant backups of critical gear?
Summer: I carry 2 mini bic lighters - although I have never had one fail in 20 years of carrying them. Snow trips - I carry backup sunglasses, which are slightly different than my main pair - be...

In GEAR » Do you carry redundant backups of critical gear?
August 13, 10:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: pole shape?
You're probably already aware of this, but the nylon will stretch significantly more than the cuben. Which means that if you proto with nylon, be prepared to alter the pattern somewhat when you...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dome tent design run through
July 30, 9:56pm

Re: Re: pole shape?
I'm curious what material you are planning to us for your prototype.

In Make Your Own Gear » Dome tent design run through
July 29, 10:15pm

Re: impossible numbers
I wonder how much the breaking strength numbers really matter. If you are using this stuff as tent/tarp guylines, I think it's likely that the stake will pull out or the pullout will rip out of...

In GEAR » Lightweight line comparison chart
July 29, 7:01pm

2 weeks
Bob, I agree that is the real dilemma. I've yet to have the actual issue come up, but there are trips I'd like to do that fall into that 2 weeks or more range. I am fairly sure I could get ...

In GEAR » ursack vs bear canister
July 29, 3:36pm

Re: Fitting for those built different than the norm, advice and recommendations?
As for fitting a bear can horizontally, make sure you try it that way before you take it on the trail. it may or may not be comfortable that way for you with that particular pack. I have had excel...

In GEAR » Fitting for those built different than the norm, advice and recommendations?
July 28, 11:03pm

Re: Need advice - bad ankles
Seeing a podiatrist would be a good idea. Also, there is a simple method I have used to strengthen ankles: Find an sloping, paved area - a driveway can work if it is fairly steep, but a larger are...

In GEAR » Need advice - bad ankles
July 21, 10:14pm

Re: Polar Explorers Died of Starvation
A fairly recent book on the expedition shows through research on weather conditions that the weather was significantly worse than average that year, slowing their progress sunstantially, so much so...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Polar Explorers Died of Starvation
July 17, 10:48pm

almost crossed paths
I was up in the same neck of the woods. In fact we went by Deer Lake on Friday morning on our way from Leighton Lake to Pinto Lakes. Came in from Gianelli TH on Wed, to Leopold Lake, to Leighton...

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness Loop
July 17, 7:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.