Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 541 - 550 of 938 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...94

Forum » Thread

Re: Cracked fingers from snow camping
Try some Bag Balm: http://www.bagbalm.com/

In Winter Hiking » Cracked fingers from snow camping
April 11, 6:25pm

Re: Mesh vs. Fabric back panel on packs
My experience is that it's a very small difference. I've used (and made) packs with solid fabric, with mesh over reticulated fiber, and also external frames with mesh backbands. My shirt is...

In GEAR » Mesh vs. Fabric back panel on packs
April 02, 2:09pm

Re: Stoveless, potless, sporkless, knifeless, assembly free, pre-packaged food ideas...
if it's just one or two nights, bagels hold up pretty well. Add some cheese and some salami and you've got a nice dinner going. I find the string cheese in individual packages does really w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Stoveless, potless, sporkless, knifeless, assembly free, pre-packaged food ideas...
March 31, 11:25pm

Re: Create Silnylon Rainfly?
I tend to agree with those who say give this tent a chance before you attempt any fly-ish mods. And if you made a silnylon second skin for it, it will definitely have major condensation issues. But...

In Make Your Own Gear » Create Silnylon Rainfly?
March 30, 11:15pm

Re: Source for EVA Foam
It looks like SULUK46 does not sell the 1/8" foam anymore. Looking at the Foamorder website, they don't give weights or density. My 1/8" foam from Suluk is lighter than what you have ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Source for EVA Foam
March 27, 8:08pm

nice one
Doug - excellent judgement call. Sounds like you learned the most important lesson of all - when to back off in the face of conditions. I'm curious about your lighter - I've always used BI...

In Post-Trip Reports » Snowshoeing Mammoth report
March 20, 10:37pm

Re: Thanks
Brent - here's a suggested route for you that is logistically easy - starts and ends at the same point and has a resupply (MTR) reasonably midway - and has lots of options for on and off trail ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SHR solo in a single thru-hike??
March 20, 3:21pm

Re: SHR solo in a single thru-hike??
I would suggest that from what you say it sounds like your off-trail high mountain navigation experience is pretty slim. If that is correct, then a solo thru-hike of the SHR in a tight time frame i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SHR solo in a single thru-hike??
March 19, 1:20pm

Re: Octamid Help
You'll get a lot more efficient cutting layout if you have horizontal seams in each panel - you can nest the upper triangular pieces in between the lower trapezoids. Your selvage edges will be ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Octamid Help
March 19, 12:21pm

Re: Balaclava ?
I've had pretty good luck with these: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/wickers-balaclava-moisture-wicking-midweight-for-men-and-women~p~56028/?filterString=mens-earbands-balaclavas-and-neck-ga...

In GEAR » Balaclava ?
March 19, 11:53am

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.