BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 541 - 550 of 903 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...91

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: High Sierra Boy Scout Trip
Four gables is a total walk-up (well, actually for me it was a ski-up since I did it on a ski trip) There may be some talus but it's not steep at all. Going over the ridge from Humphreys to ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Route for Boy Scout Sierra Trip
February 28, 11:01pm

Re: Re: High Sierra Boy Scout Trip
John - If you haven't already, you might want to look over another thread on this forum, the "Ca. destinations" thread, which has a bunch of discussion of a similar question, and may ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Route for Boy Scout Sierra Trip
February 28, 11:25am

Re: i was cold...
Anytime you have been working hard, when you stop you will cool off pretty quickly. But more than that, I find that my metabolism goes below the usual baseline. By that I mean that if I wear what I...

In Philosophy & Technique » i was cold...
February 27, 9:12pm

Re: Re: Ti vs Al
Plenty of steel pots available. Nice, heavy steel pots. Last you a lifetime.

In GEAR » lightest HE pot
February 21, 8:41pm

Re: gear weights
High-end Down-filled articles I would expect to be pretty darn close, as the shell fabrics will be pretty consistent and the manufacturer has a strong incentive to get the down fill weight right (b...

In GEAR » gear weights
February 21, 8:39pm

Re: JMT... Best spot for zero day.
I'll second the notion of getting off the trail a little. It doesn't take much. Pick just about any spot, head off the trail a half mile or a mile and enjoy. Pick a lake if you like lakes, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT... Best spot for zero day.
February 21, 3:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Desolation Wilderness
Vincent - for the skeeter conditions, check this site: http://www.highsierratopix.com/community/viewforum.php?f=1 Every summer they have a skeeter reports thread, and there are usually some fro...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » CA destinations
February 20, 1:10pm

Re: Extreme winter sleeping bag system advice?
How long do you expect your trips to be? Makes a big difference in terms of how critical moisture management in your sleeping system is going to be. 2-3 nights is very different from 5-7 nights or ...

In GEAR » Extreme winter sleeping bag system advice?
February 19, 3:48pm

portal to Yosemite
From the Portal to Yosemite is not too hard to do but it does take some time. It's easy to hitch a ride down to Lone Pine since thre are so many hikers coming and going. Once in Lone pine yu ca...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vermilion Valley Resort (VVR) "Free" Barrel
February 18, 8:13pm

Re: Jetboil Heat Exchanger
As long as you can comfortably touch the canister it's not too hot. Your hunk of metal may be larger than you need - most of the rigs I have read about use copper wire. And make sure that is a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil Heat Exchanger
February 16, 8:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.