BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 541 - 550 of 834 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...84

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Successful Windpro mod
I just use the heat reflector by itself right on the snow with my Simmerlite. Works fine.

In Winter Hiking » Inverted Canister Stove Winter Fuel Consumption
December 08, 9:31pm

Re: Going Stoveless
I've gone stoveless a couple times, only in the summer. I wouldn't want to be without hot drinks and a hot breakfast and dinner while snow camping. For me, the best thing about it is the si...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Going Stoveless
December 02, 10:29pm

winter poles
I would sitck with ski poles. There are lots of adjustable ski poles out there. Mine are Black Diamond Flicklocks. I really like the flicklock adjustment over the threaded ones. Rock solid, no jams...

In GEAR » Rugged winter trekking poles?
November 26, 4:04pm

Re: Inverted Canister Stove Winter Fuel Consumption
A little comparison: The use you describe amounts to what I would call one day of stove use - one breakfast, one dinner - plus you heated water for lunch. You used 110 grams of fuel. On a 7 coo...

In Winter Hiking » Inverted Canister Stove Winter Fuel Consumption
November 22, 10:39pm

Re: Mt. Whitney Via Mountaineering Route
I suggest you post your question here: http://www.whitneyzone.com/wz/ubbthreads.php/forums/1/1/General_Discussion or here: http://whitneyportalstore.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/cfrm ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mt. Whitney Via Mountaineering Route
November 20, 1:24pm

winter fun
Well, if you are warm and dry, have plenty to eat, and something to entertain you after dark, you will have fun. If you are inexperienced, the best advice I can give is to err on the side of extra ...

In Winter Hiking » How do you make winter backpacking more enjoyable?
November 15, 6:42pm

reticulated fiber
I've used reticulated fiber as back padding on an internal frame pack, covered in leno mesh. In use I don't find that I sweat any less than with a solid fabric pack body, so I don't use...

In Make Your Own Gear » Giant 3D spacer mesh
November 14, 8:47pm

Re: Stevensen's Warmlight Question
I believe it was called Filmgap. Never saw one, just heard of it.

In GEAR » Stevensen's Warmlight Question
November 13, 4:21pm

Re: What have I been doing?
Always remember, the most important measuring device is not the scale, it's the fun-o-meter.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What have I been doing?
November 03, 8:06pm

Re: Best inherently waterproof fabric?
Using silnylon you should be able to get well under 10 oz. I'd bet that you could be under that even using 1.9 oz coated ripstop or a light coated taffeta. Either will be somewhat more durable ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Best inherently waterproof fabric?
November 02, 7:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.