Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 541 - 550 of 958 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...96

Forum » Thread

Re: Antarctica book suggestions
Here's one I enjoyed many years ago: The crossing of Antarctica; the Commonwealth Transantarctic Expedition, 1955–1958 with Sir Vivian Fuchs (1958). Cassell ASIN B000HJGZ08

In GEAR » Antarctica book suggestions
May 30, 10:26pm

Re: Freezer bags at altitude?
I did the pinhole thing, keeping the hole right next to the zip so it wouldn't be a leak problem when rehydrating, and it worked great. Definitely helped me squash that last bit of food into th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Freezer bags at altitude?
May 27, 1:42pm

Re: Material for Pack Stay Sleeves?
I use flat nylon web for the pockets at the bottom, and grosgrain ribbon for the rest. No problems in 30 years.

In Make Your Own Gear » Material for Pack Stay Sleeves
May 26, 12:44pm

Re: Flooring underlayment foam
Eric - can you please weigh some of that stuff and post results?

In GEAR » Flooring underlayment foam
May 26, 12:42pm

Re: November Trip Suggestions
November in the High Sierra can be a really neat time to go, or horrible, and you can't tell in advance which it will be. Other places along your way I can't comment on, but if I were in yo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » November Trip Suggestions
May 24, 10:57pm

Re: Emigrant Wilderness
I take my canister because I am done with hanging food. But the bears in the Emigrant do not seem to be problem bears, so a good hang should work just fine, particularly if you camp away from the u...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Emigrant Wilderness
May 24, 10:53pm

Re: Mt. Whittney options
Is your girlfriends permit for the Whitney Main Trail or for a westside approach? Makes a big difference, if it's for the Main trail then you don't have apermit to come from anywhere else. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mt. Whittney options
May 24, 10:49pm

Re: Issue
second the motion that a bear might just walk off with it. The approved canisters are made to be a size that a bear cannot get its jaws around so that it cannot carry the canister away.

In GEAR » The "E. C. Bear Bullet"
May 24, 10:31pm

nice start
Lawson – nice looking pack. My comments (based on over 35 years of making my own packs): 1) Hipbelt could be narrower and probably better. On my lightest packs I use a 3” wide belt; 4” is d...

In Gear Deals » Possible Backpack- Feedback Wanted
May 12, 5:35pm

Re: Distance : miles or time ?
In effect I have always dealt with trail distances this way - accurate mileage measurements being hard to come by, I read the map and estimate miles and translate to hours depending on whether it ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Distance : miles or time ?
May 05, 7:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.