Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 541 - 550 of 1001 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...101

Forum » Thread

Re: Starting to rethink my stake tent on granite
I make a distinction for my own purposes between ground that is funky for stakes - has too many rocks in the soil - and just plain slabs. On funky ground, I can usually get some stakes in. On a sla...

In GEAR » Starting to rethink my stake tent on granite
August 21, 6:32pm

hut hut

In Photo Gallery » Iconic Muir Pass Hut
August 20, 9:32pm

another one

In Photo Gallery » Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
August 20, 9:28pm

Re: Sierra Lakes & Tranquility

In Photo Gallery » Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
August 20, 9:26pm

Re: Nylon is nylon is nylon
Nylon is nylon in that the raw material that the threads are made from is pretty much the same (although not entirely), but the threads themselves and the weave of the fabric can vary a great deal....

In GEAR » Nylon is nylon is nylon
August 18, 3:52pm

Re: Hiking Sierra's: newbie confused with the permit system
If you start at Echo summit, you are starting in the Eldorado National forest. You will still be in the Eldorado when you enter the Mokelumne Wilderness. So you get your permit from them. From wh...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hiking Sierra's: newbie confused with the permit system
August 17, 9:22pm

Re: How much water to carry for overnight hike at elevation?
When I camp away from a water source, I figure 2.5 liters to get me through dinner, breakfast, and some water to start the day. That has always worked well in the past. Also, one one trip I recall,...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How much water to carry for overnight hike at elevation?
August 15, 11:05pm

Re: campfire protocols...
Having put out a few campfires that people must have thought were out - since they had packed up and moved on - I agree completely with the drowning method. Plenty of water and stir vigorously. And...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » campfire protocols...
August 14, 7:02pm

Re: Re: liner makes the difference?
I've never believed that using odor-proof bags is going to do much. For one thing, you are handling the bags, and thus they smell like people even if they don't smell like food. And bears a...

In GEAR » ursack vs bear canister
August 13, 10:59pm

Re: Do you carry redundant backups of critical gear?
Summer: I carry 2 mini bic lighters - although I have never had one fail in 20 years of carrying them. Snow trips - I carry backup sunglasses, which are slightly different than my main pair - be...

In GEAR » Do you carry redundant backups of critical gear?
August 13, 10:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.