BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 541 - 550 of 813 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...82

Forum » Thread

Sweetwater cartrage life
I have an older pre MSR sweetwater the cartrages used to at best get us maybe 25-30 gallons. Are people getting more than this out of the newer cartrages, I have not used this in years. BTW I used ...

In GEAR » Another water filter thread...
August 24, 10:56pm

Wet Dog
If your dog is wet and its wet outside and you would have your dog sleep outside Im out of this discussion. You pet deserves to be warm, dry and bug free bring him/her a mat and use rain gear to se...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where Should Dog Sleep?
August 24, 10:05pm

Filters
Was the MSR mini water works left out due to weight I believe it has a carbon core also and you can tell if the cartrage has much life left. The sweetwater when you see the scrim its worn out not m...

In GEAR » Another water filter thread...
August 24, 9:21pm

tent floors are easy to patch
And I never had to patch one from any of five dogs I have hiked with. Bring a closed cell pad cut to size for them.Coverthem with rain gear if cold. And dont give us dog people a bad name, pick up ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where Should Dog Sleep?
August 24, 6:00pm

Shelf life
That would depend on what is in the meals but get as much air out as possible and some stuff will keep in a cool dark place some you might want to refridgerate. If dehydrated it can depend on how d...

In GEAR » How long will it last???
August 24, 2:11pm

Re: The epiphany
The fish want to eat what they are eating at the moment, if there is a hatch then you must match, thats a quote from Johney Cochran. AND they like to eat alone, or with their own kind so you need t...

In Fishing » My tenkara story (and why you should too)
August 24, 7:35am

Curtis Creek manifesto
Thats Sheridan Andreas Mulholland Anderson eternal foe of the work ethic to you. He also wrote a book Baron Von Mabel's Backpacking which is maybe a little hard to find nowdays but an excellant...

In Fishing » My tenkara story (and why you should too)
August 22, 10:54pm

Thanks Josh
Thanks for the name of that lake I will be sure to try it sometime. BTW if you eat the small ones does that mean that the ones on the stringer are the small ones :^) It kinda hurts seeing them ...

In Fishing » Fishing along the Highline Trail?
August 19, 11:29am

Im no bear expert but...
I think its pretty well documented that a tent is a psychological barrier to most bears yes they can rip in easily but its something most bears dont understand. That is till they investigate cause ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Sleeping Under Stars in Glacier National Park
August 18, 6:00pm

Re:Re: Re: Re: Pee in a bottle
Bet that will drop the value of used nalgenes and platys

In GEAR » Nalgene bottles, worth their weight
August 16, 4:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.