Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 541 - 550 of 920 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: Prostate exam
I was told the thing you dont want to feel during a prostate exam is a hand on each of your shoulders

In Chaff » Life lesson 793
March 21, 7:03pm

OOPS
The May weekend is mothers day. I for one could still make this work but dont want to invite Mom, she would bring her RV and embarass me

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Upper Midwest GGG LETS DO IT !!!
March 21, 8:00am

Re: Upper Midwest GGG LETS DO IT !!!
I might have spelled that wrong If you BP and are from Iowa you understand the WAH part. And by the way this area is some of the best iowa has to offer, its a corner of the state the glaciers misse...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Upper Midwest GGG LETS DO IT !!!
March 20, 11:24pm

Upper Midwest GGG LETS DO IT !!!
Wondering if anyone would be interested in a midwest GGG. I have contacted Travis Leanna,he is up for meeting at Yellow River State Forest which is by Marquette Iowa in the north east part of the s...

March 20, 10:53pm

Fat man on a UL 7 with the blues
Im fatter than you are and I sleep on a UL7 just fine on my back or side. If on my back I cross my fingers from each hand (like praying) over my fat gut and my arms stay off the ground. Also mike c...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad Advice..please
March 17, 10:14pm

Re: Re: Chlorine Dioxide in Platypus Soft Botttle
No problems here either Buh Buh Buh Benny and the aquamira mix

In GEAR » Chlorine Dioxide in Platypus Soft Bottle
March 17, 9:53pm

Synthetic sleeping bags
Its been along time since Ive used a synthetic bag I used to own a cats meows back when they were polargaurd HV. I really hope the synthetics have improved. I would be leary of a stretchy synthetic...

In GEAR » Synthetic sleeping bags - best weight to warmth ratio
March 17, 10:24am

Re: Re: Re: Kootenia
Yes we were married by John Fredricks who was a justice of the peace then stayed in one of his tiny log cabins that night behind the hostel then went for a hike and had a close encounter with a mam...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 3-4 day Glacier National Park trip suggestions
March 15, 5:37pm

A big step up from Ramen
I like the Nissin brand Chow mein noodles, the Teriyaki beef flavor in particular. Cost like 80 cents repackaged weight 4 oz and 520 calories 20 gr. fat thats 130 cal per oz. The directions say to ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Looking for instant food ideas.
March 15, 11:19am

Re: Kootenia
And the bad part about kootenia lakes is the mosquitos I did the northern circle starting the day after getting married in polebridge. The ptarmigan tunnel trail was closed due to bear problems so ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 3-4 day Glacier National Park trip suggestions
March 14, 12:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.