Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 541 - 550 of 821 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...83

Forum » Thread

Bear populations
When the griz populations get high enough outside the parks Im sure you will see a hunting season open up. BTW we dont get any wandering into Iowa. Maybe a few black bears from minnesota now and th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Another death in Yellowstone attributed to a grizzly
August 31, 2:18pm

Help me with this one
You are in a tent, its night a bear attacks, you have a gun, its dark, you cant see sh#t you just do what ? start shooting where you think the bear is? If its got your leg you could try shooting th...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 30, 10:13pm

Well done
Good job Randy

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where Should Dog Sleep?
August 30, 8:44pm

Ridge rest
I have an old ridge rest 72" 12oz 36" would be 6oz I have an old blue ridge pad that was 72"x22" and 10oz b4 I cut it down to 36" to go under a prolite xs combined weight 1...

In GEAR » Lighter yet more durable sleeping pad?
August 26, 7:18pm

SMD
A friend of mine bought a SMD skyscrape trekker and once we replaced the pole that connects the trekking poles together I was very impressed, we made a new one out of pex tubeing. The part that com...

In GEAR » In search of the perfect lightweight solo tent!
August 26, 12:53pm

Perfect lid for sp700
Great idea its gotta be better than what snow peak sends. I really like the jet boil lid it snaps on really nice on the sp700. You can order just the lid from jet boil I stole mine off my PCS and t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Snowpeak 700 perfect lid
August 26, 6:45am

yes I do
I have the northern lights ultralight collapsible oil candle it sounds like your first one I also have the stove adapter to heat small quantities of liquid I have not used it for years. Its one of ...

In GEAR » Candoil lanterns
August 25, 4:31pm

Montbell Diamond
If you like the idea of this tent using trekking poles try the lightheart solo or sixmoons designs sky scrape tents

In GEAR » Questions about Montbell Diamond
August 24, 11:11pm

Sweetwater cartrage life
I have an older pre MSR sweetwater the cartrages used to at best get us maybe 25-30 gallons. Are people getting more than this out of the newer cartrages, I have not used this in years. BTW I used ...

In GEAR » Another water filter thread...
August 24, 10:56pm

Wet Dog
If your dog is wet and its wet outside and you would have your dog sleep outside Im out of this discussion. You pet deserves to be warm, dry and bug free bring him/her a mat and use rain gear to se...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where Should Dog Sleep?
August 24, 10:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.