Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 541 - 550 of 905 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...91

Forum » Thread

Bring it on
My front yard is higher than any of the flat open Iowa corn field to the west of me for miles it aint mt washington but it will do. I know who Henry Shires is Ive owned one of you tents and spoken ...

In GEAR » Tarptent StratoSpire 1 vs Lightheart Solo Wedge
March 12, 11:56pm

Re: Re: Re: notch vs lightheart solo
David it is that stake that holds the two halves of the vestibule at the bottom of the zipper that concerns me I think it will be a hard one to keep in when the wind is coming from that direction a...

March 12, 11:13pm

RE: notch vs lightheart solo
Maybe its just me but the notch looks like it would be very hard to keep up it a side wind and looks like the strongest stakes would be needed at the sides. Also the pull on the sides appears to be...

March 12, 10:05pm

Re: First try
Very cool. How long B4 the water was gone and how was the bottom of the pan inside after you finished

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Smoking fish on the trail?
March 12, 8:44pm

Smoke it
There was a thread recently from someone who had hot smoked fish in a Ti mug by putting wood chips and water in the bottom and green branches over that then the fish on top Im gonna give that a sho...

In Fishing » How to cook fish above 10K ft without fire?
March 12, 8:33pm

Re: Re: Hike naked day
Bob Thanks anyway Ben Good comeback

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hike Naked Day
March 12, 7:32pm

Golite quilt
What size is that quilt? Whats the width and whats it rated for height

In Gear Swap » Marmot Zeus XLarge, Sierra Designs Powerfill Down Jacket Large, Nau Down Vest Large, Golite Nair 2 Nest
March 12, 7:16pm

Re: SMD Skyscape
The bath tub floor is lower but the fly comes closer to the ground compared to the solo. The SMD awning leaves alot to be desired in my mind but the tent without is very nice. The Lightheart solo w...

March 12, 7:00pm

RE:RE:RE: Hike Naked Day
OK Ben so I gotta know... WHY DID YOU TAKE THAT PICTURE??? And BTW Bob you got a front veiw of that picture

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hike Naked Day
March 12, 10:38am

Low temps
I was in the winds last in 2010 right after John. I believe aug 29 to sept 6 the 1st night was down in the low 20s measured with a cheap zipper pull thermometer and I got 3+ inches of snow most of ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wind River Range - End of August
March 08, 4:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.