Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 541 - 550 of 845 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...85

Forum » Thread

Thanks for all the comments
Thanks to everyone for keeping this a civil discussion and not bashing each other for our opinions which we are all entitled to. My personal opinion has been formed from what I read in fishing book...

In Fishing » Catch and release
September 13, 11:49pm

Re: Re: I cheated on tenkara and I liked it
The grass is always greener on the other side, try to remember what you fell in love with in the begining. Its impossible to control you thoughts but you can control your actions. Good job David Im...

In Fishing » My tenkara story (and why you should too)
September 13, 10:29am

Reel
If you are right handed it looks like you just need to turn it around they usually come set up right handed where you cast with the right hand and reel with the left.

September 12, 3:45pm

Hey Kyle
It looks like you got the line coming off the wrong side of the reel?

September 12, 12:38pm

Tent
I have no experience with tarps and bivys but if I was going to truhike the AT I think I would get some experiece quick or look at tarps/mid and innernets. If you are set on getting a tent I can vo...

In GEAR » Convince me not to bring my tent!
September 10, 6:00pm

Extension of hand
Hi Mike O. If a E-collar is just an extension of your hand and I think everyone knows what an e-collar does, what do you do with your hand that simulates an electrical shock or is the equivilant of...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Being a responsible dog owner and backpacker - Dog training books/sites and advice.
September 10, 4:32pm

Just wondering
What brand of down wash did you use

In GEAR » washing goose down
September 09, 2:09pm

Bikes
Depending on the shape you are in you might consider starting out with a hybrid bike they are a little easier riding position than most mt or road bikes

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Help me choose a bike.
September 08, 9:55pm

:^)
I should not have spoke for bob or I should have added :^) just joken

In Gear Swap » White pump and old stoves
September 08, 5:56pm

Bobs POV
Money talks BS walks

In Gear Swap » White pump and old stoves
September 08, 3:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.