BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 541 - 550 of 801 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...81

Forum » Thread

Platypus
I have never had one leak and have one pushing 10 yrs my ex has one that would be 14-15 yrs I have a dromadary bag that old also but its much heavier. However I am a recent convert of the cheap old...

In GEAR » Why are Platypus hydration bladders to popular here?
August 15, 5:03pm

What I see
I see a tent with too vertical of sidewalls to handle winds and stay staked it does have lots of headroom side room space but I think the cost of that will be having to camp at very sheltered loca...

In GEAR » Coming Soon: Tarptent StratoSpire
August 11, 7:05am

Is that a true story Ron
I hope not

In Make Your Own Gear » Wholesale Climashield?
August 10, 4:44pm

I think a rounded shape is best
yeah and then the hole can go back in the center cause it will not be on the bend

In GEAR » Tent Stake Input
August 10, 4:34pm

Ya what peter said
The radius idea is great as I noticed sixmoons has out right now. I have some old walrus stakes like this great holding power but not the best head to pound on

August 10, 3:39pm

How bout two offset holes
Two offset holes would take out the twisting and I bet would still be stronger than one in the center

August 10, 3:32pm

Pm sent
on the down light vest and the houdini

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Down Inner Pant, Patagonia Houdini, ID Hot Socks, ID Sil Poncho, EB Downlight Vest
August 10, 11:41am

Hole location
Are not you weakening the strongest point of the stake by drilling it there I would think that right beside the corner would be much better but then I cant even spell engineer... or can I, I dont know

August 10, 11:28am

Direction of the V
Is there a way to make the wide part of the V towards the tent rather than the sharp part of the V I think this would make a V stake as effective as a Y stake as the point of the V will "plow&...

August 10, 11:21am

ultralightdesigns.com
^^^^^^^^^ I like um

In GEAR » where to find small plastic jars?
August 08, 8:49am

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.