J W (jhaura) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale www.Trailability.com
About Me http://www.facebook.com/JhauraWachsman
CityOjai
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://Trailability.com
My PDF Gear ListJhaura's 3 Season, Sub-5, Updated Feb 16, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J W

Showing 541 - 550 of 591 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Forum » Thread

In Gear Swap » FS: GG Virga, Mod 15oz., Size Reg.
September 14, 9:27pm

Salomon Techamphibian SAC
Steep and Cheap (http://www.steepandcheap.com) has these for $31.84 lots of sizes. Reviewed here on BPL.

In Gear Deals » Salomon Techamphibian SAC
September 14, 7:21pm

Re: Montbell Breeze Dry Bivy
Chris, I'm looking at this bivy now and wondering about three things: 1. How snug around your face does the drawstring close? Can you easily get a nose size hole? 2. What is your experience o...

In GEAR » Montbell UL Bivy First Impressions
September 14, 10:36am

Oware Epic Bivy for Sale
I've got an Oware Epic Bivy for sale if your interested. It's brand new with stuff sack. Here's a link to pictures and more info: FS: Oware Bivy I've had the MLD soul bivy as well, the main d...

In GEAR » Poncho/Tarp my DOWN Bag
September 13, 6:51pm

Re: Aloksak Durability
Not very durable IME. I seem to burn through these things in one or two outings. I've used them for maps, the 9x6 gussetted for food and the 5x4 for misc. items. They just don't last for me. Ryan J...

In GEAR » Re-usability of Aloksak Bags
September 11, 7:35pm

Re: Quilt Bivy
Thanks Bill, as always well thought out and kind comments. Yeah the cost is more for SUL but hopefully soon the good fabrics will be avail for us one off-ers.

In GEAR » Quilt User's Bivy 5.8 oz
September 09, 12:56pm

Bivy Design Alternative
Bill, I've been using this Quilt Bivy design for some time now and really love the versatility/simplicity. When the ground is not nice duff, I have a nylon balaclava type hood which works as ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pertex Quantum - Cuben Fiber Bivy
September 09, 10:16am

Nice Job Bill!
Is the drawcord only on the bottom end of the top and not on the cuben hood? If so, what is your strategy for keeping wind blown dirt, sand and bugs out? It must cinch up around your chest I guess,...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pertex Quantum - Cuben Fiber Bivy
September 09, 12:03am

Cuben Weights, Part Numbers
Hello Bill, I was wondering if you knew about current cuben part numbers and corresponding 36"x36" piece weight? I'm interested in making a bivy bottom and have read some posts in this thread...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber - Q&A
September 05, 10:07am

In GEAR » WTB: Cuben Yardage
September 03, 7:08pm

All Reader Reviews by J W

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
Just received these poles so this is a pre-trip review. Superb craftsmanship, super light and exactly what I would have made if I could do it myself. The adjustable mechanism is easy to use and ...

In Trekking Poles
July 04, 10:45pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip Pack
The perfect balance between light weight and durability with features like side pockets, padded shoulder straps and dyneema spectra grid fabric, all for under 10 oz. I have a second generation one,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 25, 7:10pm

Patagonia Men's Wool 2 Crew long sleeve
I love this shirt more than any other I own. The only problem is the durability. I'm on my second one and have had numorous holes 1/8" to 1/4" in diameter pop up all over on both. Also, ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
June 25, 11:43am

Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy
Rating 4/5 because the construction was under par. They use tape to form the bivy shape from a single piece of material. The tape job was sloppy with some holes in the bottom. Other than that a great ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
December 18, 12:05pm

Gossamer Gear
Thumbs up to GG. They don't make a lot of items, rather a few quality niche packs and other gear. I really like their sourcing of other industry items and presenting them for backpacking, such as the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 29, 7:38pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
Initial Review Oct 2006: Out of the box I love it, light as a feather, VERY well made and sized perfect for my intended use. I really like the shape, it's like a slim aerodynamic sled. GG's products a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 16, 8:00pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
Just got mine in the mail and tinkered with it a bit. Like the previous reviewer, the rivet looks very suspect. I will write more after some use. Drilled the rivet out to remove the pan. The pan we...

In Stoves - Other
August 16, 8:03pm