Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Whynot (jdw01776) - BPL Guest

My Locale Southeast Texas
About Me Hiking and backpacking (on and off) since 1976, mainly in the northeastern United States.
CityHouston
StateTX
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Whynot

Showing 541 - 550 of 557 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: winter closed cell pad advice
Maybe way more information than you want (from the manufacturers websites): ENSOLITE is a trademark for closed cell foam material made from a blend of Poly Vinyl Chloride and Nitrile Butadiene R...

In GEAR » winter closed cell pad advice
November 07, 5:21pm

Re: winter closed cell pad
Mike: The Gossamer Gear pads are also Evazote...

November 07, 3:59pm

Re: Re: winter closed cell pad advice
Ensolite -- a blast from the past. Ensolite was quite heavy, and the light colored version would become brittle and crack in temperatures of about 0 degrees F. There was a dark colored version t...

November 07, 2:47pm

Re: Total stove weight 35+ cook days
>>Will Rietveld did an excellent two-part article called... I forgot that I read those those articles previously -- for some reason the graphs at Thru-Hiker just stuck in my mind. Will'...

In GEAR » Total stove weight 35+ cook days
November 07, 10:47am

Re: Total stove weight 35+ cook days
Thru-Hiker (www.thruhiker.com) has some graphs showing stove + fuel weight for various stoves over 14 days and 28 days (Articles section). I don't see many details on how the data was generated...

In GEAR » Total stove weight 35+ cook days
November 07, 6:52am

Re: I hope this clears up a few assumptions
Bob -- Thank you for the background. I stand corrected on the ethics of this situation.

In Chaff » R.I.P. - Bush Buddy rip off
November 07, 6:31am

Re: Re: Bush Buddy rip off
Miguel -- Thanks for the info on the logo. This is certainly an interesting discussion. I think one of the lessons here might be that it is very difficult to be truly innovative with such uti...

November 06, 6:28pm

Re: Re: Knockoffs
A podcast is a means of delivering audio content. The stove looks like an attempt to directly copy another product. Very unethical. I noticed the BackpackingLight.co.uk logo is very similar to t...

November 06, 11:33am

Re: Brasslite Inventory Clearance
Thanks for the heads-up. Ordered a Brasslite 550 mug...

In Gear Deals » Brasslite Inventory Clearance
November 05, 8:28pm

For Sale: REI Quick UL 45 Pack
I usually sell my used equipment on eBay, but thought I'd give this forum a try. 2800 cubic inch capacity lightweight pack. Used on one 5 day trip. No apparent damage/wear. Slightly m...

In Gear Swap » REI Quick UL 45 Pack
November 05, 8:13pm

All Reader Reviews by John Whynot

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
A clever, well-engineered, and lightweight (0.35 ounces by my scale) gadget for mounting a camera on the tip of a trekking pole. Should work with any compact camera with a tripod socket. Works ver...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 16, 10:55am

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
I purchased these as a replacement for my overbuilt Montbell Stretch Windpants. The fabric of the Trekking pants is a microgrid ripstop nylon, with a slightly textured inner surface. Size medium...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 8:31pm