BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 541 - 550 of 593 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Forum » Thread

we poor can travel quite well, thank you
"I'd guess foreign travel is out of budget for the poor, working poor, and most of the middle class. " not so sure about that. i work. i work, it seems quite a bit actually. so onl...

In Chaff » Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
February 18, 7:41pm

it's a ggod thing we noticed this ..
yes, without a doubt the time is right to defeat the evil republicans. the efforts of doing that should give the better people a good excuse to not notice that the democrats still have their war go...

In Chaff » Republican's attack on wilderness. Unconscionable!
February 18, 7:10pm

Matt's got it right.
cheap. and a GREAT bottle. the plastic bootle is worth the price of admission right thar son. and it's cheap. that's good, because i would not want to distort the experience of my visa a...

In Chaff » Most Beloved Trail Whisky/Whiskey
February 17, 6:48pm

ohh yeah.. they're dead ...
"In my experience, the permethryn did not visibly "kill" any mosquitos; in fact, they landed on my shirt but did not seem to bite. They'd just fly off" no worries, they d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » permethrin re-treatment
February 16, 7:49pm

permethryn on the cheap ... and often.
you can find 36.8% permythrin on amazon out of texas. not only does it kill bedbugs (a good thing, but malathion is better), but this then lets you take only an oz or so of concentrate on a very lo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » permethrin re-treatment
February 15, 7:03pm

american river
get up past forrest hill, drop down the mumford bar trail, it's not so bad down there. for more exclusivity, try the blue xxx(can't remember) trail out of iowa hill, it's very nice at ...

In Fishing » Fly fishing in Sacramento
February 15, 6:07am

Mr Beasley has provided us a Great Service
i am Awed by your pot collection, never ever again will i look at my mountain of gear and think "peter, you've got too much frikk'n stuff". Thank You Tony, for freeing my soul. ...

In GEAR » Titanium Switch
February 13, 6:02pm

the way to ship bear spray .
"How will he get it up there? You can't fly with it." ohh.. pish tosh tiddle ... it is only illegal if it is in the passenger compartment. if it's a float plane, it wil...

In Gear Lists » Two weeks in Alaska
February 12, 11:29am

you should not lose your pack
if the water is deep enough that you are thinking about taking off the hip belt, it is deep enough to strap your t-rest around your chest so that when you go for a nice swim, the volume of the pack...

In GEAR » Where to carrying a plb and why?
February 12, 11:11am

"good" business model ?
"The GAO found that the Defense Department does not have policies or specific processes in place for detecting and preventing the use of counterfeit parts." am not sure entirely sure ...

In GEAR » fake petzl gear warning
February 12, 10:59am

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm