BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 541 - 550 of 587 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Forum » Thread

Mr Beasley has provided us a Great Service
i am Awed by your pot collection, never ever again will i look at my mountain of gear and think "peter, you've got too much frikk'n stuff". Thank You Tony, for freeing my soul. ...

In GEAR » Titanium Switch
February 13, 6:02pm

the way to ship bear spray .
"How will he get it up there? You can't fly with it." ohh.. pish tosh tiddle ... it is only illegal if it is in the passenger compartment. if it's a float plane, it wil...

In Gear Lists » Two weeks in Alaska
February 12, 11:29am

you should not lose your pack
if the water is deep enough that you are thinking about taking off the hip belt, it is deep enough to strap your t-rest around your chest so that when you go for a nice swim, the volume of the pack...

In GEAR » Where to carrying a plb and why?
February 12, 11:11am

"good" business model ?
"The GAO found that the Defense Department does not have policies or specific processes in place for detecting and preventing the use of counterfeit parts." am not sure entirely sure ...

In GEAR » fake petzl gear warning
February 12, 10:59am

Re: My first pack
as stated.. older machines can very likely be better units. singer is good, and you can get zillions of cool feet from them. teflon, roller, zipper. if looking at a vintage singer, make sure it ...

In Make Your Own Gear » My first pack
February 10, 8:14pm

Re: Integral Designs Event Jacket and Thruhiker Jacket
i have put enough miles on my thru-hiler to know it's a good thing. breathes very well. i can pack and not sweat out. this is an improvement from before. the sizing is generous and the sleeves ...

In GEAR » Integral Designs Event Jacket and Thruhiker Jacket
February 10, 8:00pm

Re: Re: Fishnet underwear, once again
It's still popular among some outdoor enthusiasts. Brynje has been making it for years - they're stuff is sold through Reliable Racing in Queensbury, NY. The interesting thing about the new...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 3 - A Smorgasbord of Worldly Flavors
February 10, 7:29pm

Re: Re: "Invitation: BPL 3rd Annual Trip"
i have wood planned too. smaller stuff though. "recycling" a pedestal bed off craig's list from a church that gave me bedbugs. (they're all very dead now). this should be a nice t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Invitation: BPL 3rd Annual Trip
February 09, 7:09pm

thank you Roger C.
" Roger - your post is bloody brilliant. Thank you! " yeah. just like that other guy said ...

In Make Your Own Gear » American Silnylon not Acceptable?
February 09, 7:00pm

Re: Heavy Load Pack
i used 56#'s of supplies on a 35 day trek. it took 21 days i recall to make the first 120 miles. after that things opened up (no more swamp) and it was fun. i should have ate the whole 62# i h...

In GEAR » What is the biggest backpack?
February 07, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm