Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 541 - 550 of 604 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

Forum » Thread

the Alpacka raft is not expensive.
it seems there may be an opinion or two that the Alpacka rafts are excessively costly. this might not be the case, if you consider that given it's 800 something dollar cost, one can reap a very...

In Packrafting » Cheaper Raft Options
March 03, 7:04pm

WM bag and it's baffles/baffels .. ?
my apache dryloft (the third of them) has those top to bottom tubes. and yes, sometimes you gott'a shove the stuff back to the top when it gets nippy. it would be nice if it had a bit more fe...

In GEAR » Baffled By Continuous Baffles
March 02, 7:42pm

boots not so recommended.
i wear boots. meindl's and such. i do not recommend boots to anybody, they are a source of misery and slowness. boots have caused me almost as much suffering as women, but not as much as film p...

In GEAR » Lowa Boots
March 01, 6:24am

the weather turned ok
back this afternoon from the fri night ho-down with the crew. the weather turned better and better as the night wore on. most tents were frosty this morning. mark brought a TON of wood. doug and...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
February 26, 5:05pm

can't wait !
ohh, it's going to be a fine fine read. you see this, eh.. our man Andrew, he did good !

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » National Geographic magazine story on Alaska-Yukon Expedition
February 25, 8:00am

ohlone camps
you can camp atop whatever peak the ohlone trail crosses. that's a nice place. great views of the lights in the valley, and much less used than the west end camps. it's always kind'a i...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Ohlone Wilderness Trail
February 25, 7:57am

waterfalls near ohlone
sat sun will be epic mt diable waterfalls days. use the regency gate entrance to easily access the falls trail. road/trail, it will be muddy. cheers, v.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Ohlone Wilderness Trail
February 25, 7:54am

cheap cordura
i bought 3 yds of red for a duffle that i ended up buying from campmor. it's red. it's bomber. it's cheap. ya want it ? pm me. v.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sources for 1000D Cordura Nylon?
February 23, 10:42pm

But I am gonna make it through cause I gotta git the penicillin to little jimmy... ???
"But I am gonna make it through cause I gotta git the penicillin to little jimmy..." ohh wow ! the first silicon valley "soccer practice minivan serum run". gonn'a be...

February 23, 10:34pm

this is a CALIFORNIA state park.
greetings; just a brief note to remind all that this COE place is a state park and may (probably) have (however poorly conceived) rules about drinking on the premises. i know most of the other p...

February 21, 9:21pm

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm