Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 541 - 550 of 632 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Forum » Thread

Libya, a good idea.
it's a good thing George Bush didn't start this ... or it wouldn't be a good idea.

In Chaff » Libya
March 19, 5:23pm

does size matter ?
i use an alpacka and peter is 6'. the legs (mine .. actually) stick out on both sides of the pack. this is reasonably comfortable over many hours. eventually, you will freeze out and need to st...

In Packrafting » Choosing size for Alpacka rafts
March 19, 5:21pm

SPOT works entirely well
i own a spot. and now, after walking fully across alaska and the NWT with no phone or bs whatsoever, i deploy this marvelous little thing guilt free. i have watched it place my camp, which was ver...

In GEAR » SPOT Connect
March 18, 8:29pm

Re: Re: think
i grieve for the Japanese and hope for them only the best. the press corpse on the other hand ... ----- the press is behaving the way that kind child behaves. poorly, and quite predictably. wer...

In Chaff » THE WRATH of the Almighty - Mark My Words!!
March 16, 7:43pm

it .. it won;t matter !!!!
look what's going to HAPPENNNNnnn!!!!!! and then !!! it gets worse !!! and so far as we run out of little exclamation points !!! (sheesh.. this is really a class A bad movie. you hardly eve...

March 16, 5:40pm

is this like "On the Beach"
OMG, it's coming. is this like "On the Beach" hooray !! should i fire up the old Porsche ? then we drink a lot and race about like maniacs ? there's always a romantic compone...

March 16, 5:19pm

Re: Footwear for my Chaco deformed feet
10.5 to an 11. feet getting busted up ? nothing fits? uhhh.. ya. my latest fling, and it's been very sweet so far, is with the Meindle Perfect's from Cabelas. they run fully half a size...

In GEAR » Footwear for my Chaco deformed feet
March 16, 11:09am

FANtastic report.
just Awsome ! WhooWAAA ! and great pictures. if i was not a fat, old, out of shape, sissy, i'd be right in there ... spectating. -- i have printed your list, and i can't wait to tear...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fast and Light Winter Travel
March 16, 10:47am

it ain't rocket science.
it's tulle, or toile, i have no idea how to spell it. trek thee to the fabric store and they will direct you to the annoying mesh. ya'll gonn'a be sewing it ? yeah ? really ? can i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultralight Mosquito Headnet
March 15, 11:17am

dana's ribs worked pretty well
i still use Dana Gleason's original design of a bag that hangs off a packstrap and crosses over in front of my belly. it's a great concept, if not the nasty trick of sewing. i demo'd a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where to keep the map while walking?
March 14, 4:57pm

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm