BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 541 - 550 of 572 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Forum » Thread

Re: Delamination
". Still I think that Thermarest produces mediocre quality" now that there is a pretty hard slam at a company made up of some very skilled and polite people. i suspect that what might...

In Editor's Roundtable » Therm-a-Rest ProLite 3 Air Mat Product Review
February 04, 7:48am

Re: What I learned hiking the CDT and in 20 years of backpacking.
interesting read. the "teabagger etc" comments might as well be left included, you put in the sweat and it's your writing. so if that's the way you feel, and you are not represent...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What I learned hiking the CDT and in 20 years of backpacking.
February 03, 6:42am

Re: Dana Designs Arcflex Terraplane
they have simply AWESOME pockets on the back. other than that, they carry 50#'s ok. much more and the belt caves. don;t forget, you could get them in sizes and that was kinda trendy. mostly i s...

In GEAR » Dana Designs Arcflex Terraplane
February 02, 7:09pm

Re: Lighter, Further, Faster (a.k.a. Trail Running)
" Basically I just don't get tired until I'm getting both feet off the ground at the same time" being of similar construction, what i do is to (serious UL'ers do not read f...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lighter, Further, Faster (a.k.a. Trail Running)
January 28, 2:43pm

Re: Snow Peak Titanium trek 1400
thas' the best rig out there (once you grind the handles off) . fits a bush buddy, won;t crush in your pack, and the lid makes a fish fry'n pan. on a longer trip, it's what you'll ...

In Gear Swap » Snow Peak Titanium trek 1400
January 28, 10:28am

Re: winter quilt
" dont really need the two extra ounces, but I decided I would rather have them and not need them, than the other way around." perhaps not right now, but give it a trip or two, with a ...

In Winter Hiking » winter quilt
January 27, 6:41pm

Re: Re: What's worse?
" Long trips really need to be self-motivated, for selfish reasons." yup. ... just like everything else. cheers, peter v.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
January 26, 9:20pm

Re: A New Paradigm for Understanding Garment Warmth
ahhhh .. all this timei thought polarstretch was toastier than polartech 100. now we know. a long time, and we are talk'n about 3 decades ago, Fletcher wrote at length about warmness., and to ...

In GEAR » A New Paradigm for Understanding Garment Warmth
January 26, 9:14pm

Re: Gear for the Non-ultralight wanting to go a little lighter
i met an interesting canoe group of 4 on the Horton river in '09. we stopped to chat (and they FED me !!! )(i mean .oh God, they had hot coffee and Bailey's..) we compared gear tidbits. th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear for the Non-ultralight wanting to go a little lighter
January 25, 6:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Down in the PNW
doug is correct. i could add only that elevation has a great deal to do with things, as does temperature/humidity, but to a lesser extent. you can make any mistake (almost) you want at 11,000...

In GEAR » Down in the PNW
January 24, 8:29pm

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm