BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 541 - 550 of 593 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Forum » Thread

MontBell Customer Service
My experience with the flagship MontBell store has been great. When I wanted a pair of their SS #7 sleeping bags that would mate the website showed that there was only one bag with a left zip. I ...

In Gear Deals » MontBell U.L. Down Inner Parka - Know of any deals?
September 04, 12:32pm

Allegheny Front Trail
I haven't done the full circut - just the East loop. The full loop is around 42 miles but, by cutting through the center of the loop, it can be broken down into two 30 mile loops (East & W...

In Gear Lists » 3 Season Gear List - North East
August 18, 6:24am

10 Oz Baby Bottle Liner
Nate, The other thing on your gear list that intrigued me is your use of a baby bottle liner for measuring water. How does that work for you? Since giving up my graduated Nalgene I've be...

August 18, 6:16am

PA Hiking
I have a couple of favorite trails in PA - all of them right around 30 miles: - West Rim Trail (Near Wellsboro - point-to-point hike but there's a shuttle service right at the northern tr...

August 17, 5:45pm

Re: 3 Season Gear List - North East
I do most of my backpacking in PA on 2-3 day trips and your list looks eerily similar to mine so I'm not sure how much you'll be able to trim. For me to get below the 10-pound mark (which ...

August 17, 7:33am

Wenger Swiss Clipper
I've not had a need for anything bigger than a small blade and the scissors, but I do like to carry a nail clipper with me. At 37 grams (1.3 ounces), the Wenger Swiss Clipper (CampMor - $22....

In GEAR » UL pocketknife - what blade do you carry?
August 13, 10:18am

Rain Chaps
Mountain Laurel Designs makes a set of ultralight (1.5 ounces total) rain chaps that have a built-in underboot elastic to hold them over your boots/shoes like a gaiter. I use them with my Gatewood...

In GEAR » basic raingear question...
August 06, 8:18am

GoLite Ether
Another vote for the GoLite Ether. My primary rain gear is the Gatewood Cape but it really has to be raining for me to put that on. The Ether is only 4 ounces (in a XL)and is what I put on first ...

In GEAR » Wind Shirt Advice?
August 06, 7:54am

Prison Brush
I'm pretty sure my fingertip toothbrushes came from REI.

In GEAR » Throw Away the Fingertip Toothbrushes
August 05, 6:30pm

Throw Away the Fingertip Toothbrushes
While walking through my local drugstore last night I found these: There are four in a pack for $2.59 AND they come with a pellet of toothpaste already in place for the first use! They are ...

In GEAR » Throw Away the Fingertip Toothbrushes
July 29, 11:41am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am