Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John G (JohnG10) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic via Upstate NY
About Me John G has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John G

Showing 541 - 550 of 617 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Forum » Thread

Sierra Designs Stretch Series
REI looks like they are carrying Sierra Design's Stretch bags (which appear to be a copy of the Mont Bell bags). Has anyone seen or tried them ? Are they a good copy ? Thanks.

In GEAR » Fill weight and temp rating: Western Mountaineering vs. Montbell UL SS
March 22, 3:56pm

Stove vs Wind
I just got back from using my gigapower during a windy 2 day mini-trip with the kids during their spring break. The wind gusts only felt "medium", and didn't cause any tent deflection...

In GEAR » Stove vs Wind
March 21, 8:01am

Toe-In
There has to be toe-in since the length to go from corner-stake, up and over the pole tip, to corner-stake must always be longer than just going straight from corner-stake to corner-stake. The t...

In GEAR » Help my half-pyramid pitch
March 15, 7:17pm

Down warmth
Hi Ben, For practical purposes, Yes - with Down: Loft equals warmth. 600 versus 800 weight down only effects the weight of the bag if the two bags have equal lofts in inches. (For "theore...

In GEAR » Climashield vs. Polarguard
March 15, 4:49pm

Down warmth
Thomas & Ben, There seems to be some confusion about down fill ratings vs warmth... Warmth for a down bag boils down to warmth per inch of loft only because the feathers used in all down ba...

March 15, 2:10pm

TT Rainshadow vs SMD Lunar Duo
Can someone familiar with the Tarptent Rainshadow and Six Moon Designs Lunar Duo answer some questions for me ? 1. Which has more interior room for 2 adults to move around when changing cloths, ...

In GEAR » TT Rainshadow vs SMD Lunar Duo
March 12, 10:56am

Climashield
From a legal stand-point, I can assure you that even if the military funded the development of a material, there is no possible way for them to take part of the revenues from sales of a civilian pr...

March 11, 6:51pm

1st Single Wall Shelter
I need advise on which shelter to buy as my 1st single wall shelter. I'll be using it for 3 season + shoulder season use for 2 adults along the AT and at State/National Parks in the Southern...

In GEAR » 1st Single Wall Shelter
March 11, 3:48pm

Sun Hat
My experience is that a mesh baseball style cap is much hotter than a large brimmed "fedora-style" hat with mesh sides since the Fedora-style hat only touches at the sweatband and has a l...

In GEAR » UPF fabrics vs. other fabrics...
March 07, 6:34pm

Adirondacks - 3 season bag
I used a 20 degree bag with a little extra room for wearing clothing for many years in the Adirondacks. I was often too cold in May and September. From mid-July through August I was usually ...

In GEAR » What constitutes an ideal three season bag?
March 07, 6:11pm

All Reader Reviews by John G

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wenger Esquire
I was looking for something a little bigger than my Victorinox Classic (2.25") knife. The Wenger Esquire has essentially the same tools, but is 1/3 of an inch longer, about 3/32" wider and ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 07, 7:05pm