Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John G (JohnG10) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic via Upstate NY
About Me John G has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John G

Showing 541 - 550 of 567 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Forum » Thread

Alchohol Stove Advise Needed
I'm currently using a Gigapower canister stove for 4 person "family backpacking" trips. Breakfast is typically 4-6 cups of hot water for instant oats and 4-6 cups of hot water for co...

In GEAR » Alchohol Stove Advise Needed
January 13, 2:46pm

Oops - Nevermind
Josh - Just saw the answers to my questions you had already added to the bottom of your review. Thanks !

In GEAR » 2008 Golite Sleeping Bags
January 13, 2:24pm

Re: Golite Ultra 20
Josh, can you answer the following questions about your review of the quilt ? 1. Did you sleep primarily on your back or your side ? 2. Are you generally a restless or non-moving sleeper ? ...

In GEAR » 2008 Golite Sleeping Bags
January 13, 2:22pm

Tents
I'd be interested in seeing a BPL article on tent designs. I've been trying to figure out whether adding a 12-16" vertical silnylon wall topped by a 8-12" mesh wall section i...

In Editor's Roundtable » Post-Trip Assessment of Lightweight Gear for Long Distance Hiking
January 13, 6:16am

More Quilt Questions
I've been reading Jardine and Nunataks quilt info on their websites, and now have a few more questions... 1. Does down work OK in the South East - or does it go flat in 80-100% humidity area...

In GEAR » Quilts
January 12, 3:18pm

Quilt & Bivy
Why do many people seem to prefer a quilt and bivy rather than a top bag ? I can see how the quilt would be more versitile since it can be used in warmer weather, and using a tarp / bivy combo rat...

In GEAR » Quilts
January 10, 3:44pm

Quilts
Can someone with experience using quilts answer some questions for me ? I tried using my sleeping bag as a quilt, but was only warm if I tucked the edges under me to reduce the air space at the ...

In GEAR » Quilts
January 09, 6:10pm

Wall condensation
I'm thinking of adding a 12-16" wall of silnylon between the mesh and floor of the typical tarptent. I'm hoping it will cut down on wind blowing onto the people sleeping - and add som...

In GEAR » Wall condensation
January 09, 6:00pm

Liquid Fuel Stove Startup
On my MSR Wisperlite, the trick is to just let a tiny bit of fuel into the priming cup. I open the valve, hear the hiss indicating fuel is flowing for about 3 seconds, shut the valve and light. T...

In GEAR » MSR Simmerlite Non-Hair Removing Techniques
January 09, 5:08pm

Why pitch tent in forest
It's not because the trees use moisture from the soil. Pitching you tent in the forest is better because: 1. A field has vegitation that supplies extra moisture at night. 2. The leaves on ...

In GEAR » A floor in a tent/condensation
January 07, 6:22pm

All Reader Reviews by John G

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wenger Esquire
I was looking for something a little bigger than my Victorinox Classic (2.25") knife. The Wenger Esquire has essentially the same tools, but is 1/3 of an inch longer, about 3/32" wider and ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 07, 7:05pm