Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John G (JohnG10) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic via Upstate NY
About Me John G has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John G

Showing 541 - 550 of 609 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

Forum » Thread

Sun Hat
My experience is that a mesh baseball style cap is much hotter than a large brimmed "fedora-style" hat with mesh sides since the Fedora-style hat only touches at the sweatband and has a l...

In GEAR » UPF fabrics vs. other fabrics...
March 07, 6:34pm

Adirondacks - 3 season bag
I used a 20 degree bag with a little extra room for wearing clothing for many years in the Adirondacks. I was often too cold in May and September. From mid-July through August I was usually ...

In GEAR » What constitutes an ideal three season bag?
March 07, 6:11pm

Shenandoah
I sent an email to Shenandoah National Park main desk asking about woodstoves like the Bushbuddy, Nimbelwill Nomad, Hobo can stoves, Sierra Zip and Coglan's portable fire bowl versus their &quo...

In GEAR » Definitive Bushbuddy National Park List
March 06, 2:21pm

Re: Re: Clo Values
Richard, Do you have any CLO values for other down fill powers used like 600, 650, 700, 750 ? Thanks. ps: Here's some additional info for MYOG people: The new Climashield "comba...

In GEAR » Primaloft improves - press release
March 06, 5:48am

Virtual Frame
Which way of using a foam sleeping pad as a virtual frame gives the best weight transfer ? (Assuming side compression straps are used to cinch the load tight, etc) Option 1. Pad rolled into a lo...

In GEAR » Virtual Frame
March 05, 8:23am

Decibels
I think using the decibels (sound volume) to rate a whistle's performance is misleading without considering the frequency (tone) most of those decibels are produced in. For instance, I don'...

In GEAR » Whistles
March 04, 6:46am

Whistles
Has anyone tested whistles to see which ones can be heard the farthest away, and are still easy to blow ? I'd heard the tri-tone Fox40 carries significantly farther than a standard ACME mode...

In GEAR » Whistles
March 03, 7:39pm

Rectangular Tarp
If you don't find one (or it's a little pricey), you can buy Spintex from Thru-hiker.com for just under $16 per yard and sow your own.

In GEAR » Rectangular Spintex Tarp
March 01, 2:56pm

SAR Raingear
For SAR, I'd go with durability - especially fabric tough enough on the forearms and mid-thigh down so that it doesn't rip going through briar patches or tangles of downed trees knee. Even...

In GEAR » Search and Rescue rain gear
February 29, 5:37pm

Antiseptics
Posted by Patrick: "5. Don't use alcohol, or hydrogen peroxide, or iodine or whatever on your wounds. It can be helpful to use a little hydrogen peroxide on a really dirty wound if you ca...

In GEAR » What you shoud know about wounds.
February 28, 12:49pm

All Reader Reviews by John G

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wenger Esquire
I was looking for something a little bigger than my Victorinox Classic (2.25") knife. The Wenger Esquire has essentially the same tools, but is 1/3 of an inch longer, about 3/32" wider and ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 07, 7:05pm