Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John G (JohnG10) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic via Upstate NY
About Me John G has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John G

Showing 541 - 550 of 627 | Page: 1 ...44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63

Forum » Thread

I'm looking for something I can take on 3-7 day hiking trips over the next year to get my temperature-vs-insulation needs dialed in. When I'm too cold (or hot) at night and it wakes me up,...

In GEAR » Thermometers
March 31, 1:10pm

DR Roominess
I'm really glad this forum is here - the CB looked better than the DR on paper... The rain porches on the DR sound nice, but is the shelter wide enough for two people when in bath-tub floo...

In GEAR » Help me choose between these double person tarptents.
March 31, 6:23am

For me: playing around trying to make the gear set and camping / hiking / navigating / cooking techniques perfect is what keeps backpacking "fresh" and interesting. Trying to perfect tho...

In GEAR » Really pursuing simplicity
March 30, 7:09pm

Cloudburst II
I've been looking at the same thing lately, and don't have first hand experience - but given your criteria, I'd look at the TT Cloudburst II (CB). Here is my reasoning: - The CB i...

In GEAR » Help me choose between these double person tarptents.
March 30, 6:38pm

MYOG Tent - Roger's
Check out Roger's tent design at:

In GEAR » Anyone used Stephenson 2c? Any opinions on the design?
March 28, 8:43am

Tunnel Tent
The tunnel tent is a fine design, but should be pitched narrow-end (foot) into the wind. If shifting winds buffet it from the side, then use guy-lines at a 90 degree angle to the long side (ie: st...

In GEAR » Anyone used Stephenson 2c? Any opinions on the design?
March 27, 5:50pm

POE R-values
The two R-values for POE pads are for the outer tubes (higer one) versus all the inner tubes (lower one). POE uses the "reduced airflow between the tubes" as part of it's R-value cal...

In GEAR » Pacific Outdoor Equipment Ether Thermo 6
March 26, 11:20am

Bathtub floor
I like a bathtub floor - just because I roll around and I feel a 4-5" high wall helps keeps my bag from getting wet from the vegetation (&/or ground) on the other side of the mesh. (I usa...

In GEAR » Anyone try the new SMD Refuge yet?
March 25, 7:21pm

Pole heights
I'm 5'8" and like mine adjusted to 125cm. The classic length is the where your forearms are parallel to the ground (ie: measure elbow to floor, and add the height of your hand plus ...

In GEAR » Komperdell Featherlites
March 24, 4:52pm

Pit Zips Good or Hype ?
I've read that pit zips are not that effective and just extra weight. Most of the comments seem to be based on having an open bottom hem on the jacket, or the ability to open the entire front o...

In GEAR » Pit Zips Good or Hype ?
March 23, 7:15pm

All Reader Reviews by John G

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Wenger Esquire
I was looking for something a little bigger than my Victorinox Classic (2.25") knife. The Wenger Esquire has essentially the same tools, but is 1/3 of an inch longer, about 3/32" wider and ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 07, 7:05pm