BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://dispatchesfromoutside.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 541 - 550 of 805 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: technique for max. muscle mass?
I'm kind of in the same boat as my goals are rather conflicting right now. I formerly did a lot of strength training, and I've been inconsistently lifting in that vein for the last few mon...

In Philosophy & Technique » technique for max. muscle mass?
June 24, 5:51pm

Re: Re: Re: technique for max. muscle mass?
True. But different goals yield different training. I doubt most doing strength training plan or hope to walk your legs off. Strength training that emphasizes compound lifts (activating several ...

June 24, 5:28pm

Re: Re: technique for max. muscle mass?
Lynn, tell me if I'm wrong here, but it looks like you "pumped up" very little. But what I see in your picture is a lot of lean, dense muscle mass. The benefit there would be greatl...

June 24, 4:23pm

Re: Glacier in Aug.
Jack, I would assume that you are right about changing entry/exit points on arrival. My sense is that the Backcountry Office just wants to know where you are parked and for how long. Since you ar...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Glacier National Park
June 24, 1:12pm

Re: starter boxer briefs
I like the Starters too, but one pair that I have definitely absorbs the stank quite quickly. But, at $9.50, it's a risk worth taking. I've found them to be quite comfortable, and no chaf...

In GEAR » Best Undies?
June 22, 5:26pm

Re: Thanks all
Stephen, have you read the recent State of the Market on rain jackets? That's what pushed me to try the Pulse. (Also, Dave Chenault lives nearby, so I know that he knows the conditions I'...

In GEAR » Event vs other Wpb materials
June 20, 9:40pm

Re: Rab Pulse
I have a Pulse, and I am quite enjoying it so far. The breathability is okay--nothing special, PU coating and all, but very solid for WPB fabrics. I find the DWR to be quite good as well. My old...

In GEAR » Event vs other Wpb materials
June 20, 4:20pm

Re: TT Rainbow
I have a Rainbow, and I slept in it two nights ago in constant rain. Once you seam seal it (which TarpTent can do for you for a small fee), it is excellent in the rainy weather. Here in NW Montan...

In GEAR » Ultralight Tent options
June 20, 4:11pm

Re: Re: Isle Royale
Excellent trip report, Travis, and even more beautiful pictures. You make me want to buy packrafts (well--I already wanted to do that) and head up to the waters to give it a try. Stunning.

In Editor's Roundtable » Honeymoon at Isle Royale (Trip Report)
June 20, 2:36pm

Re: For a few ounces more...
Eric, I've been thinking about that a lot--when my first pad showed this problem and now again. Here's where I am at with my current pad situation: NeoAir (size regular) - 11.80 oz N...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite - Aluminized Baffles Wearing Off ?!?
June 20, 11:55am

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.