Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 541 - 550 of 892 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ...90

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack
Are you transitioning your gear to UL or do you need to buy for the first time? I find it best to buy the pack last, once you've made all your other decisions. Also, research everything. The...

In Gear Swap » WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack
August 15, 4:21pm

Re: Re: Re: WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack
I just picked up an Ohm 2.0, and Chris was great to work with. I thought I was a medium, but it was a tad small, and he shipped the next size up very quickly. If you can't find what you want on...

In Gear Swap » WTB: TarpTent Double Rainbow or similar. Also- ULA pack
August 14, 11:14pm

Re: Re: A Lightweight Guide to the Crown of the Continent
Brendan, in Sept you should have no trouble getting what you want. I talked to a backcountry permit guy, and even Hole-in-the-Wall isn't booked out past the 15th, to say nothing of the walk-in ...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Lightweight Guide to the Crown of the Continent
August 14, 8:37pm

Re: cool
Kevin, interesting video. I've been indirectly sprayed by bear spray before. I can't speak for the bears, but it's powerful stuff.

In GEAR » Lightest Bear Spray?
August 14, 12:52am

Re: Bear Spray
I hike exclusively in griz country (NW Montana). I just eat the weight. It's worth it to me. But more importantly, you should educate yourself on bear behavior. Read Stephen Herrero's...

In GEAR » Lightest Bear Spray?
August 14, 12:47am

Re: mini Bic
I had a mini-Bic fail on me recently. For some reason, the striker wasn't getting good contact, and thus no sparks. The fuel level was fine. It made me glad that I carry an extra always. It...

In GEAR » Do you carry redundant backups of critical gear?
August 14, 12:33am

Re: "Romney/Ryan 2012"
If only we could just educate our people, this debate would be very different (not necessarily in this forum--I mean on a national level). Instead, as a nation, we prefer short-term fixes to long-...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
August 14, 12:19am

Re: "Romney/Ryan 2012"
Aren't any voters worried about NDAA, drones, kill lists, etc.? This is my biggest concern (income inequality is second). But neither party is addressing it. They just assume agreement.

August 13, 10:58am

Re: Re: Re: Romney/Ryan 2012
Responses to Brad: 1. You're right that Obama tabled the Debt Commission. So did all of Congress. The only ones interested in the conclusions of that committee were the committee members t...

August 13, 9:42am

Re: Hurrying
My tarp took days of nothing but sewing (luckily, I'm a teacher, so some time off in the summer is not out of reach). I'd second the not hurrying part. There were several times that I mad...

In Make Your Own Gear » First Post and First MYOG Project
August 12, 10:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.