BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5331 - 5340 of 7539 | Page: 1 ...525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ...754

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: wood coals
Interesting on the coniferous woods. One my my favorite salmon dinners was cooked in an oven on a red cedar shingle. The edges of the shingle burn and smoke the fish as it cooks. I wouldn't be ...

In GEAR » Cooking a steak?
October 27, 10:55pm

Re: The High Cost of Living
The first marathon would kill me, so it would be really cheap after that -- I'm insured for the burial costs :) To quote George Bernard Shaw, “Youth is wasted on the young.” After ye...

In Other Activities » The High Cost of Living
October 27, 10:43pm

Re: The Effect of Cold on Gas Canisters
Well done and timely--- my last trip found me cooking breakfast below freezing and I wondered about stove performance in cold weather. I wonder if a chemical toe warmer pack might help on a col...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Effect of Cold on Gas Canisters
October 27, 10:35pm

Re: Looking for a lightweight convertible fanny pack to daypack?
Waste of time and resources. A fanny pack that converts to a day pack doesn't do either very well. A fanny pack can carry a small camera, but the sketchbook sounds... sketchy. I could see the c...

In GEAR » Looking for a lightweight convertible fanny pack to backpack?
October 25, 9:47pm

Re: need stove advice
+1 on a canister stove. Alcohol stoves are okay for solo, but with a small group, you need lots of water. My Coleman F1 will boil a liter in 3 minutes vs. the Caldera Cone boiling 600ml in twice th...

In GEAR » need stove advice
October 25, 9:23pm

Re: winter pants
Which REI pants do you have? Pockets on light soft shells aren't good for heavier stuff--- too stretchy and best for ventilation, IMH0. I use the pockets in my top shell instead. If you a...

In GEAR » eVent Pant
October 25, 8:53am

Re: List of Big Hiking Trails on Earth?
Google "classic treks". http://www.besthike.com/ Andrew Skurka's site should cover most of the US: http://www.andrewskurka.com/hikes_index.php http://www.flickr.com/photos/29...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » List of Big Hikes on Earth?
October 25, 8:24am

FS: GoLite Reed rain pants, men's XL **SOLD**
**Sold!** I have a pair of GoLite Reed rain pants in men's XL size, 6.5oz, black, 2.5 Layer waterproof breathable nylon ripstop fabric with DWR, 12" ankle zips, elastic waist with draws...

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Reed rain pants, men's XL
October 24, 4:10pm

Re: Goat Kills Hiker?!??!!??
A 300 pound territorial animal with sharp horns can be dangerous. There are hundreds of people injured by deer every year. They aren't pets! The irony is that the goats aren't native to ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Goat Kills Hiker?!??!!??
October 24, 10:12am

Re: looking for down jacket
Search on "parka" rather than "jacket." The length is the real difference. All the major manufacturers have some version-- North Face, Mountain Hardwear, Marmot, Patagonia and M...

In GEAR » looking for down jacket
October 23, 4:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.