BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5331 - 5340 of 7483 | Page: 1 ...525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ...749

Forum » Thread

Washington State, best long hike, when?
Now or next summer? The North Cascades statistics show some of the least use for National Parks (more solitude). The Olympics were the first thing that came to mind, with several loops to hike....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Washington State, best long hike?
October 13, 9:53pm

Windblock fleece replacement
Look at light insulated tops like the Patagonia Nano Puff and the MontBell Thermawrap. You get the wind-cutting power of the shell and a layer of insulation comparable to the fleece. You can sleep ...

In GEAR » Marmot DriClime Windshirt to replace heavy Windblocker Fleece?
October 13, 9:33pm

Whatever happened to rucksacks?
Whatever happened to rucksacks? REI made one for years with progressively modern materials, based after a design I'm sure came from the Alps. It was a great day pack, light, cheap, and had just...

In GEAR » Whatever happened to rucksacks?
October 13, 9:19pm

Travel gear lists?
I think some gear lists are in order! That's the way we would handle a backcountry trip. Also, as far as tougher packs, I think the GoLite fabrics would hold up well for a six month trip if...

In GEAR » Ultralight gear for international travel?
October 13, 8:39am

Sigg and Klean Kanteen Bottles, lowered prices
Bump with lowered prices.

In Gear Swap » Sigg and Klean Kanteen Bottles
October 12, 5:20pm

Re: Best place to buy Hilleberg?
I was in Feathered Friends today (still recovering) and they carry Hilleberg goodies. If I ever win the lottery I know where I want to go shopping. Dangerous neighborhood too--- REI is across t...

In GEAR » Best place to buy Hilelberg?
October 11, 10:15pm

Mountain Hardwear Tanglewood pants
I got a pair of Mountain Hardwear Tanglewood pants from Sierra Trading Post with a discount and free shipping. I like 'em. They are a little heavier and warmer than the OR Pursuit. They have a ...

In GEAR » Best sloppy weather pants?
October 11, 9:28pm

Trail dawgs
My Aussie has done very well on day hikes, but I wonder what he would do at night if there were beasties outside-- visions of my tent getting ripped up. He's gone through a window screen at hom...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking with a dog
October 11, 8:22pm

Compression sacks
First of all, it comes with one. There is compressing, and then there is COMPRESSING. I go with a roll-top silnylon bag and squeeze as much air out as possible, but that is far from what a comp...

In GEAR » what compression stuff sack would you all recommend?
October 11, 7:24pm

Re: Nesting Titanium Mugs?
Evernew makes a whole series of Ti pots that nest: http://www.evernewamerica.com/products.htm Good luck finding them at one supplier! An email to Evernew might be worth it. http://www.everne...

In GEAR » Nesting Titanium Mugs?
October 11, 6:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.