Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5331 - 5340 of 8041 | Page: 1 ...525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ...805

Forum » Thread

Re: Folding micro reading glasses in a hard case
+1 on the micro readers. I also added Optix 20/20 stick-on bifocals to my regular sunglasses. They work well and I don't have to swap things around for a map-reading session, camera adjustments...

In GEAR » Need recommendations for glasses case + lighter headlamp
March 16, 1:09pm

Re: Buying water along the way = too civilized
My daughter had an e coli infection a couple years ago. Believe me, you don't want to go there. I appreciate wanting to get away, but you would change your mind quickly if you got a bad bug! ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » River water drinkable?
March 16, 12:31pm

Re: Long Roadless Trails ?
Check out the Pasayten Wilderness in north Washington. http://www.wilderness.net/index.cfm?fuse=NWPS&sec=wildView&wname=Pasayten%20Wilderness

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Long Roadless Trails ?
March 16, 11:48am

Re: best sun hat
The Outdoor Research Sun Runner is a good hot weather hat with a drape to give full protection of your neck and the sides for your face. 2.8oz. http://www.outdoorresearch.com/site/sun_runner_cap...

In GEAR » best sun hat
March 16, 11:42am

Re: How many BPL'ers wear KILTS?
There has been a resurgence of kilt-wearing in Scotland. It was found that the sound of zippers stampedes the sheep....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many BPL'ers wear KILTS?
March 16, 10:38am

Re: River water drinkable?
I would haul the water. Weight isn't as critical in a kayak as in backpacking, unless you are in a really small boat. If I **had** to drink it, I would boil it well and filter it with a good ca...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » River water drinkable?
March 16, 9:46am

Re: Re: Re: What clothes do you bring?
Tops: Pick one hoody, take the parka, one base layer and the rain jacket. Add the vest if it is colder. Bottoms: take everything but the fleece long johns. Don't forget hat, gloves, 1 pa...

In GEAR » What clothes do you bring?
March 16, 9:26am

FS: Patagonia Long Sleeve Capilene Crew Neck Shirt, Small Green **SPF**
**Sold pending funds** FS: Patagonia long sleeve crew neck medium weight Capilene shirt Size is small (21" across the armpits), color is dark green. In excellent condition. 6.5oz on my sc...

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Long Sleeve Capilene Crew Neck Shirt, Small Green
March 15, 5:22pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Orvis Fly Fishing Vest, Small
March 15, 5:11pm

Re: IMUSA Mods
"Anyone find a mod to insulate the handle from getting too hot? Any one make an insulation sleeve to keep coffee hot? And last anyone add something to keep from burning lips like Snow Pe...

In Multiple Use Gear » Cup/Cook Pot Combo
March 14, 2:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.