Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5331 - 5340 of 7563 | Page: 1 ...525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ...757

Forum » Thread

Tamrac Top-Load Holster SLR Camera Case
I have a Tamrac top-loading holster-style SLR camera case with an S-500 chest harness. 6.3oz of the case, 106. for the case with chest harness. There is a mesh stowage pocket in the lid of the case...

In Gear Swap » Tamrac Top-Load Holster SLR Camera Case
October 31, 1:16am

Re: Help my modify a Golite Pinnacle
I have modified a pack and it rankles me a little. Why buy a pack with particular features and then cut them off? I'm thinking it is better to support a manufacturer who will build a pack with ...

In GEAR » Help my modify a Golite Pinnacle
October 31, 12:08am

Re: mid-layer
The way you use the R1 is what I had in mind. I've settled on a LS 1/4 zip Power Stretch shirt or a full zip Power Stretch vest for that function. The vest is a very recent addition and I l...

In GEAR » Favorite Mid-Layer?
October 30, 7:26pm

Re: Hiker Missing In Cascades Found Alive
Here is a 20 minute interview with the hiker: http://www.kirotv.com/video/25543589/index.html She did not have a map or compass. She relied on reading the trail and directions given to her by...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker Missing In Cascades Found Alive
October 30, 5:54pm

Re: Peak
Do check out the "compacktor" system built into the pack. In plain terms, it has a set of hooks and loops on the bottom of the pack to reduce the volume in conjunction with the compressio...

In Gear Swap » GoLite Peak and Jam Packs, Large, Black
October 29, 10:30pm

Re: Golite Peak
I think it is actually the better of the two packs. I like the waist belt better and I'm thinking smaller frameless packs make more sense. If you want a higher capacity day pack, like for winte...

October 29, 9:15pm

GoLite Peak and Jam Packs bump!
Friday night bump! Ribbbet!

October 29, 7:34pm

Re: why people make mistakes
Climbers will keep their buddies in check because they don't want to get killed by a stupid climbing partner. I've been involved in industrial safety, first aid, disaster planning and c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker Missing In Cascades Found Alive
October 29, 3:21pm

Re: PCT Gear List 2011
Good start. If you own the stuff listed, take some of my critique with a grain of salt-- it gets down to small details and personal preferences. Nothing you listed stands out as a mistake or show s...

In Gear Lists » PCT Gear List 2011
October 29, 1:27pm

Re: Weather can change quickly
Changeable weather is a #1 factor for me in preparedness. One key to the weather in the Pacific Northwest is jet stream shifts, pulling warm moist air off the ocean and mixing it with cold air from...

October 29, 12:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.