Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5331 - 5340 of 7598 | Page: 1 ...525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ...760

Forum » Thread

Re: how low (temperature) could you go with this?
If the bivy isn't a sealed one, damp clothing (sweaty) would dry from body heat. For a trip like this, a light cloth bivy might be a better option than the blanket-- like sleeping in a big wind...

In GEAR » how low (temperature) could you go with this?
November 14, 4:46pm

Fleece options for wet weather
I have brought up the idea of having an insulation option that does not require a captive shell, with fleece being the obvious first option. Of course, it is not the lightest, nor the loftiest mate...

In GEAR » Fleece options for wet weather
November 14, 4:24pm

Re: Maybe these?
I've seen some those things that actually had open cell foam on them--- wanna sleep on a sponge? I suspect it is heavy, regardless of the foam used.

In GEAR » Eggcate CCF, what happened to the walmart cheapos?
November 14, 4:03pm

Re: how low (temperature) could you go with this?
First impression? 50F without being really uncomfortable. I assume you left out the other stuff you are wearing, in which case I would be wearing everything possible if it is dry, shoes include...

In GEAR » how low (temperature) could you go with this?
November 14, 3:59pm

Re: is it possible to...
It has a lifetime warranty, I believe. Contact Marmot customer service and get a new one.

In GEAR » is it possible to...
November 14, 11:48am

Pillows
I have a Mont Bell that is light and I have glued velcro on it and my sleeping pad to keep it from wandering around the tent. The Mont Bell pads have mating toggles to accomplish that. The $20+ dol...

In Make Your Own Gear » What are people using for pillows?
November 14, 9:40am

Re: Re: WHY Carry a heavier pack? for a BETTER SLEEP?
Scott is a newbie: forgive him, for he knows not.... Scott, there are denizens of this web site that cut the handle off their toothbrushes, carry titanium potty trowels and think a single-edge ...

In GEAR » WHY Comprimise sleep comfort? for a FEW OUNCES?
November 13, 5:32pm

Re: FS SL-3s
$200 each?

In Gear Swap » FS SL-3s
November 13, 5:17pm

Re: Pnw 5 lb
Not at all off topic, Eric. You read my mind. One point I passed by: there is a difference between recreation and racing. Nothing wrong with either, but I'm not a racer. I want to get out, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How low will you go?
November 12, 9:25pm

Re: How low will you go?
Getting more exercise and losing weight is a big part of hiking for me. A lighter load means more time spent in the woods for me, and longer hikes which is more sustained aerobic activity, etc. I&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How low will you go?
November 12, 1:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.