BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5331 - 5340 of 7174 | Page: 1 ...525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ...718

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: deaf in one ear
Josh asked, ""Me too. There is a company selling one-ear headphones with both channels active in one ear: http://www.scansound.com/1-Bud.htm. The cheaper ones are junk-- don't bother....

In Multiple Use Gear » SanDisk Sansa Clip
June 30, 9:52am

Knife edged thoughts
Thanks for the review! I'm happy to see a step beyond a razor blade for wilderness equipment. Benchmade makes several knives that are excellent of excellent quality at a fair price. I like t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Benchmade 530 Folding Knife Review
June 30, 9:42am

Re: Bear Grylls dining options
I hike in areas with a lot of berries in season and it has been on my round-to-it list to learn more about wild edibles in my area. Mushrooms are gathered commerically, but I have no idea of the ac...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Grylls dining options
June 29, 2:49pm

Ventialited packs
Vaude makes a bunch of ventilated packs and I like their packs in general. They show design features that come from someone who uses backpacks. I like their use of line rather than webbing for comp...

In GEAR » Ventilated Back Backpacks
June 28, 10:15pm

Re: Re: MontBell Balance Light 40 Altered Pack $35
Price lowered to $35!

In Gear Swap » MontBell Balance Light 40 Altered Pack
June 27, 11:20pm

Ex Officio Nomad Pants Mens XL **SOLD**
**SOLD!** Ex Officio Nomad pants, mens size XL, 32" inseam, light khaki color. Brand new with the tags. 10.9 ounces on my scale. Great hot weather and travel pants. $25 includes PayPal and ...

In Gear Swap » Ex Officio Nomad Pants Mens XL
June 27, 10:59pm

Re: Eddie Bauer 1st Ascent Jackets
Got the jacket yesterday. Happy camper! Scale weight for an XL is 13.6 ounces. Sizing is "full" rather than "athletic," which in my case is a good thing.

In Gear Deals » Eddie Bauer 1st Ascent Jackets
June 26, 8:57am

Re: A few questions about wind shirts
John wrote: "I am interested in getting such a light shirt / jacket, but I have a few questions about them. First, in your experience are these ultra-light shirts / jackets (like the Feathe...

In GEAR » Best Wind Shirt?
June 25, 9:15am

Organizations and rules
It's a problem with organizations. They are looking for the common good and things drop to the lowest common denominator. In this case that means fire and CO emitting equipment in the hands of ...

In Editor's Roundtable » The 45-Year-Old Boy Scout
June 25, 8:53am

Water is thin
One shower is no big deal, but three days of rain and wet brush, mud, etc, etc, makes for a sloppy mess. A good ol' trash compactor bag will do a lot for very little. I like the Sea to Summ...

In GEAR » pack cover? pack liner? neither!
June 24, 11:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.