BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5331 - 5340 of 7451 | Page: 1 ...525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ...746

Forum » Thread

MontBell sizing
In *general* I go up one size with MontBell or Montane clothing. If you are working with a dealer, call them and get a measurement across the armpits. Compare that to stuff you have that fits. It w...

In GEAR » insulated jacket fit
October 05, 11:18am

Re: bear in general
Re: rocks in a bag and a bear's intelligence. I was thinking more critters in general there. The point being that a plastic bag says "EAT ME."

In GEAR » Alok OP Sak Replacement?
October 05, 11:15am

Smells and bears
The article at http://www.americanbear.org/senses.htm states that a bear's sense of smell is 7 times greater than a bloodhound. The OP Sak will make your stash harder to find. Anything you touc...

In GEAR » Alok OP Sak Replacement?
October 05, 10:09am

Equipment sustainability
Sustainability is the buzzword. And a lot of pioneers were stinky and bug-infested and pretty ragged. You left out wool :) I hear you though. I spent the last few years working in the electronic...

In Chaff » Gear to last a lifetime
October 05, 8:11am

UL hiking "wardrobe"
I've said that it would be interesting for one of the big clothing manufacturer's to make a coordinated clothing system. I've been asking the same questions about optimal clothing selec...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Clothing System
October 04, 4:15pm

Re: green woolies
Oh yeah, NATO surplus stuff. Used them in my youth. Too hot and heavy for me, and ITCHY. Tough and usually cheap though. We'd have to sedate you in the Filson's Company Store :)

In GEAR » Best sloppy weather pants?
October 04, 4:13pm

Lightest Camera(s)
I have a Pentax Option W90 that is 5.5oz/155g with battery and works great for a hiking camera as it is waterproof to 20', shockproof and freeze-hardened too. I am satisfied with the image qual...

In GEAR » Lightest Camera?
October 04, 3:04pm

Sloppy weather pants update
I got a couple deals on some soft shell pants to try. I think I'm sold on the idea-- very stretchy and easy to move around in. I got a new pair of Outdoor Research Pursuit pants that are a ...

In GEAR » Best sloppy weather pants?
October 04, 2:14pm

Re: I'll take it!
You haven't set your profile up to accept private messages (PM's). Sold to the next in line.

In Gear Swap » MontBell Balance Light 40 Altered Pack
October 04, 1:55pm

Identical -- it IS an Ion!
Thar's a feller over on the Gear Swap forum with a right nice Ion if'n you like green :) http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_...

In GEAR » Packs similar to the Golite Ion?
October 03, 10:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.