BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5331 - 5340 of 7393 | Page: 1 ...525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ...740

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 6pm.com
I got a Patagonia Nano Puff from 6PM and the transaction was great. Kind of like Sierra Trading Post--- not all colors and sizes, but when the deal is on.... :)

In Gear Deals » Marmot Precip Jacket $32
September 24, 9:07am

Re: UL way to create more foot warmth in bag?
I think that drawstring is to shorten the bag; otherwise, you compress the insulation and make things colder yet. If you are prone to cold feet, down socks are a great way to go. Some booties get t...

In GEAR » UL way to creat more foot warmth in bag?
September 24, 9:04am

More info on Arctic Zone bottle
Main body: 2.5oz/75g Cap: 0.5oz/15g Seems to me the utility is worth the weight on that cap!

In GEAR » Another wide mouth bottle
September 24, 8:05am

Re: Traveling light in civilization
Rick Steves has some good techniques on traveling light--- nothing as radical as UL hiking. I like the "threes" method for clothing-- one to wear, one clean, one dirty. Works good for...

In Gear Lists » Traveling light in civilization
September 24, 1:26am

Wide mouth bottles
Adam, There has been an ongoing examination of wide mouth bottles to use with Steripen UV sterilizers. I should have mentioned that. Of course the Gatorade bottle is lighter, as is a one lit...

September 23, 11:29pm

Changes in Heineken can?
Did I read somewhere that the Heineken can top seam has changed? I have a Good Cooks safety can opener and the lower guide would not allow me to get the cutter clamped on the seam. I took a grinder...

In Make Your Own Gear » Heineken Pot
September 23, 9:13pm

Another wide mouth bottle
I found this one in a thrift store. It is made by Arctic Zone, holds a liter and weighs 3oz/85g without the center ice gizmo and the wrap. 99 cents used! The plastic is non-BPA polypropylene (#5...

September 23, 9:06pm

Re: North Face Nuptse Down Jacket Men's Large SOLD
SOLD Price lowered to $50 including shipping to US addresses and PayPal fees.

In Gear Swap » North Face Nuptse Down Jacket Men's Large Red
September 22, 9:29pm

Re: Conversation W/ Cascade Designs
Listening might be part of the corporate culture. I was at the Outdoor Fest at the Seattle Mountaineers this weekend and there was a Cascade Designs booth there. A fellow was talking to one of the ...

In GEAR » Conversation W/ Cascade Designs
September 22, 7:50am

Re: Re: Pot to heat water on/in the fire
Progresso cans do have a rounded bottom. Not a bad idea, but I wonder about the linings in food cans. Seems just a tad small too.

In GEAR » Pot to heat water on/in the fire
September 22, 7:40am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.