BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5331 - 5340 of 7528 | Page: 1 ...525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ...753

Forum » Thread

Re: Utopia weights
All with stuff sacks: Tent body: 18.9oz/535g Floor: 11.6oz/330g Poles: 12.5/350g 8 aluminum "Y" stakes: 4.2oz/120g Total: 47.2oz/1335g So it is a 3 pound tent.

In Philosophy & Technique » Shelter in the Pacific NW
October 23, 1:09am

Re: Re: frozen tent
Hehehe--- that was only 15,000 feet higher than my little camp. Something tells me that "It got cold that night" is an epic understatement :) I would have gone home-- or Hawaii!

October 23, 12:45am

Re: MSR titan kettle
You could take a bath it a Titan :) Can you get the stove and a canister in there?

In GEAR » MSR titan kettle
October 23, 12:35am

Re: October in the Olympics with a tarp?
It's going to be wet-- 70%-100% chance of rain and 25-35MPH winds. They expect 1" of rain at Forks. 88%-99% humidity and 45F-52F. Should be perfect for testing the breathability of your ra...

October 23, 12:28am

Re: frozen tent
I was actually quite comfortable with a ProLite pad and a 20F synthetic bag. At least frost pretty much stays put and doesn't trickle to bad places :) It was chilly, but clear weather is rea...

October 23, 12:10am

Re: Shelter in the Pacific NW
Here's what high humidity and dropping temps look like. I need a couple more stakes to get the side vents in best position. I thought I could get by, but I should have just whittled a c...

October 23, 12:00am

Re: Rubbermaid water bottles
The have done an upgrade. Model 7M47, 32oz capacity, opening is 2-1/8", 3" L x 3.39" W x 9.32" H. It has a slightly oval shape, making it more side-pocket friendly. I like the h...

In GEAR » Rubbermaid water bottles
October 22, 9:49pm

Re: How do you load your pack?
Good point on the shelter location--- more heads help! I'm used to the cape shelter, so it's always on top for rain anyway. This trip was sunny and cold, but working in the rain certainly m...

In GEAR » How do you load your pack?
October 22, 11:05am

How do you load your pack?
I think loading a pack is a refined art and double that for frameless packs.I'm curious how others load their packs. Here's my last go-round using a tent with poles,3-season clothing an...

In GEAR » How do you load your pack?
October 22, 9:39am

Re: Planning my lady's introduction to backpacking
Wait for summer, car camp and day hikes, or find a trail-hardy companion: My wife traversed the Olympics and did the Wonderland Trail before I met her. I'm not telling her how to do anyt...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Planning my lady's introduction to backpacking
October 22, 1:12am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.