Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5331 - 5340 of 7663 | Page: 1 ...525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ...767

Forum » Thread

Re: GoLite Peak Backpack Review
The Peak is a perfectly usable pack and suited to light/low-volume overnights and day hiking. The ability to compress the size suits day hiking and there are lots of creature comforts like the padd...

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Peak Backpack Review
January 05, 9:22pm

Re: GoLite Peak Backpack SOLD
SOLD

In Gear Swap » GoLite Peak Backpack, Large, Black
January 03, 8:58am

Re: Windshirts?
1. Patagonia Houdini: two thumbs up 2. Montbell Dynamo: dunno 3. Marmot Driclime: nice, but you are committed to the fleece lining and weight. I prefer the Patagonia Alpine jacket which has pocke...

In GEAR » Windshirts?
January 03, 8:56am

Osprey Aether 30 and other roll top packs
I "discovered" an Osprey Aether 30 pack this weekend and couldn't resist. From what I can find it is a smaller version of the Aether 45, but is unlike the other packs in the series. I...

In GEAR » Osprey Aether 30 and other roll top packs
January 02, 7:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Big 3 vs. Big 4?
Larry, I left out "Rambo-itis," which is particularly a male trait, where carrying a big heavy load is more manly. Just plain stupid to me, but then you know, sometimes a backpack is just...

In Philosophy & Technique » Big 3 vs. Big 4?
January 02, 2:17pm

Re: goats
That's why God gave us rocks! Or the brains to get out of harm's way. Anything with pointy things on it's head and sharp hooves is a threat. Far more campers are injured by deer than pr...

In Philosophy & Technique » Why a knife?
January 02, 2:09pm

Re: Big 3 vs. Big 4?
Thanks for the credit, John :) I agree that you can get the Big 3 right and still have a lot of "junk in the trunk" and end up at the top of the hill with a load of stuff you don't...

In Philosophy & Technique » Big 3 vs. Big 4?
January 02, 1:52pm

Re: Best spoon device?
A long-handled Ti spoon allows reaching into the bottom of a foil dehydrated meal packet, although they have smallish bowls. Some cooking stores carry small wooden spoons that are light, won't ...

In GEAR » Best spoon device?
January 01, 9:40pm

GoLite Peak SOLD
SOLD

In Gear Swap » GoLite Peak Backpack, Large, Black
December 31, 4:55pm

Re: Your Best Gear of 2010
Soft shell pants! Cocoon Ultralight Air-Core Pillow Leatherman Style CS scissor-oriented multi-tool Osprey Exos pack

In GEAR » Your Best Gear of 2010
December 31, 12:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.