Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 5321 - 5330 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Thorofare pants and leaving little to the imagination
Get the darker color ones. I usually don't wear underwear, but it doesn't matter because I don't hike where there are other people in the area :) However, I think you are going to...

In GEAR » Thorofare pants and leaving little to the imagination
April 05, 10:48pm

Re: Re: What about stoveless??
Dan, 100% agreement on my part also.

In GEAR » Switching from Canister stove
April 05, 11:55am

Re: Camera for ultralight purposes
A request please: I am looking to replace mine also. But I am interested in an old fashion view finder in addition to a LCD screen. In bright sunlight I really struggle to see the picture, and I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Camera for ultralight purposes
April 04, 9:30pm

Re: Go-lite Ion
I understand the concern of keeping the sleeping bag dry. A mentioned a trash compactor bag works. Why use the itty bitty stuff sacks that come with the bag? Get a large cuben bag from someone like...

In GEAR » Should i get a smaller pack if so which one?
April 04, 3:57pm

Re: What is most ultralight belt?
Probably Spectra cord with a cord toggle to tighten it. Similar to the BPL Thoroghfare pants. I like this set up.

In GEAR » What is most ultralight belt?
April 04, 3:50pm

Re: Switching from Canister stove
One of my friends thru hiked the PCT in 2003 and used an Esbit stove. He now uses a cat can stove, because fuel is much easier to obtain on long hikes. When I sought his advice on UL stoves, he hig...

In GEAR » Switching from Canister stove
April 04, 3:45pm

Re: Are You A Survivor?
Most if not all here are survivors, since we can go self-sustained for at least short periods of time. The important thing is not to get mentally wacked out about it. Most of you don't remem...

In Gear Lists » Are You A Survivor?
April 04, 3:39pm

Re: Re: Should i get a smaller pack if so which one?
Ben is right, try to fill the pack height from bottom to top and use any compression straps to make the pack smaller in circumference. Be prepared to need more than one pack for different kinds of ...

In GEAR » Should i get a smaller pack if so which one?
April 04, 2:16am

Maui Jim Ho okipa Sunglasses
This is not an actual review. Ray Estrella has a good on at Backpacker Gear Test http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Eye%20Protection/Sun%20Glasses/ Here is my problem. Over the past 20 y...

In GEAR » Maui Jim Ho okipa Sunglasses
April 04, 1:56am

Re: Baseball
Another interesting tid bit was that Koufax and Drysdale did not report for spring training in 1966, as they both were holding out for $167,000 per year. Willie Mays was the highest paid player at ...

In Chaff » Baseball?
April 04, 1:27am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am