BPL Community Profile

Kathleen B (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen B has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen B

Showing 531 - 540 of 546 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Forum » Thread

ingredients
Where do you get falafel powder?

In Editor's Roundtable » Groovy-Biotic Cooking: Quick, Healthy Meals with an Ultralight Cook Kit
January 11, 9:34am

ULA Circuit pack
Any updates on the ULA Circuit pack? The spring '06 discussions hinted at future reports. I'm thinking of getting one. Any comparisons with the Vapor Trail or Vapor Ki?

In GEAR » ULA Circuit Pack
January 10, 2:32pm

alcohol containers
Minibulldesign.com sells little blue containers for carrying alcohol. I'm a big fan of their alcohol stoves, as well.

In GEAR » Good Alcohol Carrier?
January 03, 2:39pm

Bushwhacking gear
I appreciate the information about the fabrics. I am a member of a group that does off-trail "scrambling" in the north and central cascades, and, as you say, our local big box outdoor re...

In Editor's Roundtable » Bushwhacking Gear: Heavyweight Fabrics and Compatible Construction Techniques to Improve Clothing Longevity for Off-trail Bushwhacking
January 03, 2:36pm

ID eVent with pit zips?
I just got this: Hi Kathleen, The forums appear to have generated a bit of interest in an eVent jacket with pit zips, so if we receive sufficient orders we may be doing a special run of them...

In GEAR » Wet rain jacket
November 08, 3:06pm

Re: Re: Re: pit zips
I see the Gill has pit zips, but no hood, and one review said it's not very packable. Larry - what's your experience with packability and what do you use for a rain hat?

November 08, 11:05am

Re: Re: Casio Pathfinder watch vs others
I had a Casio Pathfinder watch for years, and it worked fine. However, it went through batteries more frequently than my compatriots' Suuntos, the face got really scratched up (I'm off trail a lot...

In GEAR » Casio Pathfinder watch vs others
November 08, 11:03am

pit zips
All these comments have been very helpful. The eVENT jacket sounds like it might just be the (pricey) ticket for really deflecting rain. The pit zip issue is perplexing. I've never zipped the pi...

November 07, 1:15pm

Re: Re: Wet rain jacket
I appreciate all the comments. Trying the jacket with and without a pack is an excellent suggestion. A poncho is an interesting idea, but I've never tried it because of the "flap factor." Now ma...

November 06, 2:38pm

Re: pit zips?
Alas - the pit zips were wide open. I don't think rain was dripping in through their openings. 6 hours of steady rain (not drizzle) just seemed to overwhelm the jacket. It held up well for the f...

November 06, 2:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen B

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm