Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado Foothills
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 531 - 540 of 853 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ...86

Forum » Thread

PM sent
Ohm needs a bigger brother

In Gear Swap » FS: ULA Catalyst
January 18, 4:24pm

"Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork"
These are the old model, with the plastic flick-lock fasteners. REI have been closing them out at 30% off for a couple of months now. I compared them with the new model that has the 'flick-lo...

In Gear Deals » Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork
January 01, 8:49pm

Scarp vs Stratospire
Agreed the Scarp is designed for greater snow load tolerance than the Stratospire, with the optional crossing poles. However, it's significantly heavier and has much less liveable interior spac...

In GEAR » Best UL 2 person Shelter
December 09, 7:59pm

Chains are a PITA
I'm surprised no-one has commented how much hassle - and how unpleasant - it can be to fit chains. Too many people buy chains but have no idea how they actually go over the tires. You're ...

In GEAR » Winter backpacking and 2WD cars with chains?
December 08, 11:02pm

"Best UL 2 person Shelter"
I own the StratoSpire 2, and just recently picked up the StratoSpire 1 in addition because I've been so impressed with the design. It takes some practice to pitch the SS2, given the atypical g...

In GEAR » Best UL 2 person Shelter
December 08, 9:45pm

Interesting indeed
Not so much the offering, but the choice of fundraising venue. Big Sky have been around for a number of years, so they're not exactly new to this business. And their reputation for order fulf...

In GEAR » New Big Sky Soul - double wall freestanding tent...18 ounces
December 04, 8:51pm

Effortless Rhythm
The Effortless Rhythm isn't listed on the US distributor's site. What makes it more suited to snowshoeing than the Featherlite Freedom? Volume for bulky gear, external lash points to tie ...

In GEAR » Aarn pack "Natural Balance" field report
December 04, 3:13pm

"NEW MLD 2013 NEWT PACK"
I received mine last Friday. First impressions are that it's as well-built as other MLD packs, yet it's specifically de-featured to keep the weight down for minimalist needs. I like it, a...

In Gear Deals » NEW MLD 2013 NEWT PACK
December 03, 9:36pm

"2 person tent, 3+ seasons for 4 pounds? Hilleberg Anjan or something else?"
I have firsthand experience of the Copper Spur 3 above treeline in the Rockies during shoulder season. It wasn't pretty. Despite being properly pitched with all guylines tied down, strong win...

In GEAR » 2 person tent, 3+ seasons for 4 pounds? Hilleberg Anjan or something else?
December 03, 9:15pm

Various MLD, OookWorks - All Sold
Prices for all items below include USPS Priority shipping within the Continental US. Will ship further afield at cost. Payment via Paypal Personal (no fees on my end please). PM me if you are inte...

In Gear Swap » Various MLD, OookWorks for sale
November 25, 4:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am