BPL Community Profile

Stuart . (lotuseater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale 40°N,-105°W-ish
About Me Stuart . has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart .

Showing 531 - 540 of 763 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ...77

Forum » Thread

Montane
Hi Franco, now I've got my hands on some of their gear I can understand your sentiments exactly.

In GEAR » Montane's US distributor Sport Hansa
July 25, 5:08pm

One pad to rule them all
If you're expecting to use the pad in the 40s the vast majority of the time, I'd suggest the SynMat UL7, then supplement it with a thin (1/8" - 3/8") pad like that offered by Goss...

In GEAR » Exped Synmat UL 7 VS Downmat UL7 VS Big Agnes Q Core
July 25, 3:48pm

Montane's US distributor Sport Hansa
Having seen many positive reviews of Montane clothing, mostly from UK-based bloggers, I started looking for US retailers without much luck. Yesterday I called Sport Hansa, the US distributor, to a...

In GEAR » Montane's US distributor Sport Hansa
July 25, 3:31pm

IPW
Beautiful set of photos, Chris. And what memories for your daughter. Was this her first backcountry trip with the old man? I asked this question on Stephen M's IPW thread, but in case you ...

In Photo Gallery » Indian Peaks Wilderness
July 21, 10:51pm

Pics
Just saw the pics, Chris. Very nice indeed. Aside from Crater Lake, where did you camp on the route? Stephen's coming back out at the end of September and we're going for it again, thi...

In Post-Trip Reports » Indian Peaks Wilderness (My 2nd US BP trip)
July 21, 10:38pm

Bug netting
Bug netting is sewn in. In the low pitch, the midpoints are raised a few inches off the ground, allowing for ventilation. You can see that in Jeff's second photo in particular. That can be i...

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Solomid with Perimeter bug netting
July 13, 3:31pm

Max height in a SoloMid
I believe Martin Rye is 6'2" and he swears by his SoloMid and custom OookWorks inner. The height of the pitch will also have an influence on how much space you have available.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Solomid with Perimeter bug netting
July 10, 5:02pm

Twelve Bowies
Touche, Greg. All that's missing is the samurai sword and Ryuichi Sakamoto's haunting tunes.

In GEAR » New Easton Nano Stakes
July 09, 8:30pm

Nano stakes up to their necks
Waaaay off topic, and poor taste alert. First thing I thought of when I saw Greg's photo was Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence.

In GEAR » New Easton Nano Stakes
July 09, 7:51pm

Base camp vs mobile?
I've owned the Copper Spur UL 1,3 and 4. The 2 seemed to be too much of a compromise, but I enjoyed both the 1 and 3. The 4 was utterly massive and I had concerns about the high profile sides c...

In GEAR » Tricky shelter situation help please
July 07, 3:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart .

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
I had to cancel an order I placed a couple of weeks ago with Ron. He was very gracious, no argument on his end or attempt to persuade me not to cancel, and my refund came through within 24 hours. To...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 21, 7:52am