November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

j lan (justaddfuel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale MN
About Me Canoeist, biker, hiker, packrafter, grump.
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by j lan

Showing 531 - 540 of 551 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Forum » Thread

Ax for Mora
Hi Mike, I am in mn too, and I also like having fires and using my little gasifying wood burning stove. Instead of using an axe a light weight option for splitting wood is to buy a Mora knife an...

In Gear Lists » My 3 season gear
November 03, 10:05am

r4 skiing
I use my r4 with a waterproof shell for skiing in cold temps or for cold days around town. The wind proof aspect has really helped me out in unexpectantly cold weather around town. Mine breathes a ...

In GEAR » Patagonia R4 - Useful at all?
November 01, 10:00am

bear warning

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Warning sign in BC
October 30, 1:07pm

Alchy fuel question
"But I just found that both MN and CA (the two states I live in) do not allow sale of the 190, only 151 proof." Just make a quick run over the border to wisconnie. They got the good ...

In GEAR » Alchy fuel question
October 29, 9:51am

Cutting up an old bag...
What about cutting a hole in the footbox of an old bag and wrapping it completely around the hammock like a cocoon? I have seen a picture of it somewhere and have been contemplating that myself.

In GEAR » Reflective Barrier in hammock
October 28, 1:46pm

FS: Golite Gust and Ion - PM sent
Thanks! Jay

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Gust and Ion
October 28, 11:04am

MYOG Inverted Downdraft Woodgas Stove - My Attempt
After the first burn the quart paint can will be totally clean. Pretty minor. For my inner I used a progresso soup can that pressure fits exactly into the base of the quart can and I am guessing is...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Inverted Downdraft Woodgas Stove - My Attempt
October 27, 3:50pm

from the source
Here you go:

In Gear Swap » WTB: Gram Cracker Solid Fuel Stand
October 27, 1:44pm

Solar cookers
Solar panels are the most talked about form of solar energy collection, but other forms are much more efficient. Solar water heaters: Homemade-Solar-Water-Heater Solar efficiencies built into ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
October 27, 11:55am

Finding leaky bubbles
If you have no success with the bath, I have been successful mixing in a little soap in with some water in a spray bottle, this will cause the bubbles to be much more noticeable on the pinprick pun...

In GEAR » find slow leak ex. down mat?????
October 27, 11:39am

All Reader Reviews by j lan

j lan has posted no reviews.