J W (jhaura) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale www.Trailability.com
About Me http://www.facebook.com/JhauraWachsman
CityOjai
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://Trailability.com
My PDF Gear ListJhaura's 3 Season, Sub-5, Updated Feb 16, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J W

Showing 531 - 540 of 600 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Forum » Thread

Re: Sub 2-LB, bivy bottom
Hi Bill, Congratulations on such a strong start! Great to see the fruiton of all the planning and work. When you get back, can you comment on the use of cuben for a bivy bottom? I see you are...

In Gear Lists » Sub 2-lb October Hike
October 18, 10:09pm

Re: Heavy Weight Nylon
Joe, examples? I think I may just go back to my old favorite - summerweight 100% cotton ripstop surplus BDUs. With the extra pockets stripped off they aren't too heavy and they dry just like hea...

In GEAR » Mech. Stretch SoftShell Pants for Hot Weather
October 17, 1:53pm

Re: Soft shell pants hot weather
Yeah I use a pair of lightweight nylon supplex pants in 110* bushwacking/thorns often and am almost perfectly happy, except for two items: 1. The thin nylon pants allow too many needles/thorns t...

October 17, 1:09pm

Mech. Stretch SoftShell Pants for Hot Weather
Any suggestions for mechanical stretch softshell pants for hot weather? I like the Montbell Stretch Wind Pants but don't know how they would be in 80-105* full output hiking? Need pants because ...

October 17, 8:12am

Initial Review of GG Whisper Pack
Just posted an initial review of the Gossamer Gear Whisper pack: Whisper Review

In GEAR » Initial Review of GG Whisper Pack
October 16, 8:08pm

Watchful Eye Design O.P.Sak 12.5x15.5 $5.82
3 pack gussetted bottom: http://www.backcountry.com/store/WED0002/Watchful-Eye-Design-O.P.Sak-Barrier-Bag.html?id=hdheG9oH 9x7s also $for 4.12

In Gear Deals » Watchful Eye Design O.P.Sak 12.5x15.5 $5.82
October 11, 7:12pm

SAC: Thermo-Lite Bivy $14.99
SAC has the Adventure Medical Thermo-Lite Outdoor Bivy Sack 1 person for $14.99 right now. http://www.steepandcheap.com/

In Gear Deals » SAC: Thermo-Lite Bivy $14.99
October 10, 7:18pm

In Gear Swap » WTB: Whisper Pack Gossamer Gear
October 10, 7:14pm

Re: Capiline 3 vs. 4
There is a big difference in the two. Cap 3 is normal mid-weight base layer material a flat slightly waffled polyester. Cap 4 is Polartec Power Dry Grid which is smooth on the outside with 1/16" sq...

In GEAR » Patagonia Capilene 3 Vs. 4
October 10, 10:00am

FS: BPL Issue #5 Print Issue
Lightly read, $3.75 shipped lower 48. Paypal to jhaura *__at__* gmail (dot) com

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL Issue #5 Print Issue
October 07, 6:19pm

All Reader Reviews by J W

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
Just received these poles so this is a pre-trip review. Superb craftsmanship, super light and exactly what I would have made if I could do it myself. The adjustable mechanism is easy to use and ...

In Trekking Poles
July 04, 10:45pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip Pack
The perfect balance between light weight and durability with features like side pockets, padded shoulder straps and dyneema spectra grid fabric, all for under 10 oz. I have a second generation one,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 25, 7:10pm

Patagonia Men's Wool 2 Crew long sleeve
I love this shirt more than any other I own. The only problem is the durability. I'm on my second one and have had numorous holes 1/8" to 1/4" in diameter pop up all over on both. Also, ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
June 25, 11:43am

Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy
Rating 4/5 because the construction was under par. They use tape to form the bivy shape from a single piece of material. The tape job was sloppy with some holes in the bottom. Other than that a great ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
December 18, 12:05pm

Gossamer Gear
Thumbs up to GG. They don't make a lot of items, rather a few quality niche packs and other gear. I really like their sourcing of other industry items and presenting them for backpacking, such as the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 29, 7:38pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
Initial Review Oct 2006: Out of the box I love it, light as a feather, VERY well made and sized perfect for my intended use. I really like the shape, it's like a slim aerodynamic sled. GG's products a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 16, 8:00pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
Just got mine in the mail and tinkered with it a bit. Like the previous reviewer, the rivet looks very suspect. I will write more after some use. Drilled the rivet out to remove the pan. The pan we...

In Stoves - Other
August 16, 8:03pm