Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 531 - 540 of 715 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ...72

Forum » Thread

prefilter
+1 to the biodiesel 1-micron fuel filter. I've been using it with both my steripen (for solo trips) and gravity filter (for group trips) for the last few months. Seems to work well for most c...

In GEAR » Steripen Prefilter Question
June 08, 1:14pm

Katabatic
+1 on the Katabatic Quilts. I made the switch to a quilt last summer and have never looked back. I have both a Palisade and Sawatch and I'm really pleased with both! Excellent constructio...

In GEAR » Katabatic Alsek quilt w/pictures
June 08, 1:09pm

Ventana Wilderness Trip
Nice TR James. Looks like Kat got you squared away on the local wildflower IDs... I just know the common names. Trails in the Los Padres (and especially up around Big Sur) don't always get ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Ventanna Wildnerness: Santa Lucia Trail and Marble Peak trail 5/25-5/27 2011
June 04, 12:30pm

Chapparral approved rain pants
We have so little rain (typically), I just about always hike in my normal hiking pants or shorts in the rain. Both are thin, quick drying and have a DWR treatment to them (Patagonia Rock Guides fo...

In GEAR » Chaparral approved rain pants?
June 02, 3:03pm

Willett Hot Springs
Hi Cody, As of sometime last month, the hot spring tub at Willet is at least partially clear (for a couple of bodies), if not totally clear. I thought I heard some folks were out there around e...

In Post-Trip Reports » central and southern area bpl trip to sespe wilderness
June 02, 9:32am

San Jacinto Loop
Thanks for posting the TR Nick! Great story and photos to go with it. The photo of the iced-up tree is particularly impressive. I can imagine how fast that all came about. I got caught by sur...

In Post-Trip Reports » 3rd Annual BPL San Jacinto Loop: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
June 01, 11:25am

LPNF
Nice trip! I haven't made it up to that part of the Piru yet, but I like the desert-like environs. Probably getting too hot and dry now though! Great pics of the horned lizard too; his face ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Los Padres National Forest
June 01, 11:08am

Reyes Creek
Hey Kevin, Just saw your message. We headed out late yesterday afternoon and only got about 1/2 way in. This morning we woke to snow and temps about 20-30* colder than expected. Needless to s...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » central and southern area bpl ers wanna cook something up for memorial??
May 29, 10:23pm

Memorial Weekend Trip in Southern CA
Hey Kevin, There's a good chance I might be out that way this weekend with my girlfriend. We're still trying to nail down the final plans but hiking up the Piedra Blanca Trail from Reye...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » central and southern area bpl ers wanna cook something up for memorial??
May 27, 11:24am

Altimeter watch
I have an older version of the Suunto Core. I've been happy with it. I find I periodically need to recalibrate the altimeter to ensure a fairly accurate reading, but otherwise, it's worke...

In GEAR » Altimeter watch
May 20, 1:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.