BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 531 - 540 of 696 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ...70

Forum » Thread

Goef Roes
Goef Roes just raced in an ultramarathon here in Santa Barbara last weekend (4/29-4/30). 100 mile course with roughly 31,000' of elevation gain and 31,000' of elevation loss. His winning ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Geof Roes v.s. Anton Krupicka . . . Miwok
May 04, 1:59pm

Four Preschoolers on the AT
Excellent trip report. Very cool father/daughter(s) adventure. I really enjoy the photo of your girls hiking along with the teddy bear in the side water bottle pocket of the packs. Too cute! ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Four Preschoolers on the AT
May 04, 11:55am

Sespe Photos
Okay here's a few more photos from the trip. I have to admit, I'm not very good about shooting photos of people or their gear (sorry); I'm more interested in the scenery! Enjoy. Yo...

In Post-Trip Reports » central and southern area bpl trip to sespe wilderness
May 04, 12:24am

BPL Sespe Trip
Nice photos everyone! I'm going to try to get mine up tonight after work, although it looks like y'all have the scenery pretty well covered. Jack and Kevin, thanks for putting this to...

In Post-Trip Reports » central and southern area bpl trip to sespe wilderness
May 03, 10:40am

BPL Southern CA trip- Sespe
Fun trip guys! Glad to have met all of you. Seems like everyone enjoyed themselves. Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos and write-ups. Cheers, Nick

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » central and southern bpl ers checking interrest in some spring/summer trips
May 02, 11:53am

Nick & Bixby's Excellent Big Sur Adventure
With spring weather upon us, our attention starts to drift away from our local Los Padres backcountry and instead to the more northern, wetter portions of the Los Padres National Forest along the s...

In Post-Trip Reports » Nick & Bixby's Excellent Big Sur Adventure
April 30, 12:24am

sleep system for summer heat
On warm overnight trips, I still end up bringing a sleeping bag or quilt rated to around ~32* F. Sometimes, if it's really warm, I might not ever actually climb inside of it or under it. Othe...

In GEAR » Ultra-ultralight sleep system for summer heat
April 29, 3:05pm

a couple of helpful tips
Just in case you guys want to go explore before I arrive... There's good water from a spring just a little up the trail from Bear Creek. You'll see it on the topo as Kerr Spring. It...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » central and southern bpl ers checking interrest in some spring/summer trips
April 29, 11:04am

shoes for an overpronater
I've been in a similar situation. I'd consider myself very fit, but I'm also pretty stocky at 5'10" and 205 lbs, age 30. I try to get in about 4 runs per week. I've be...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » shoes for an overpronater
April 29, 10:46am

Sespe trip
Hi Kevin, Yeah, I still plan to hike in sometime Saturday afternoon or early evening. My exact ETA is a bit up in the air right now since I'm not sure how long I'm going to be held up a...

April 27, 1:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.