BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 531 - 540 of 686 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ...69

Forum » Thread

weather forecast
You just beat me to it! Here's a more specific weather forecast for the Bear Creek area of the Sespe. Beautiful weather on tap. Could be a little windy if the weather stays like the rest...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » central and southern bpl ers checking interrest in some spring/summer trips
April 27, 10:46am

Selway Bitterroot Wilderness
Great photos. I really love the fall colors! Good way to wrap up the season before winter started to set in.

In Post-Trip Reports » Selway Bitterroot Wilderness, Idaho
April 18, 4:13pm

Re: Sykes Hot Springs -- Dogs allowed
Yep, dogs are allowed in all wilderness areas in the Los Padres. My dog regularly accompanies me on my trips. Thanks for the updated trail report though. My dog and I will be in either the Sil...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sykes Hot Springs Backpack
April 18, 4:02pm

CI camping
What island are you going to? How long? Assuming you're going to Santa Cruz, there is the ability to do an overnight trip from prisoner's harbor to scorpion anchorage. You are pretty r...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Channel Islands recommendations?
April 17, 11:07am

polycyro
Kevin, I DID find them in the Home Improvement Center (ACE) here in SB. They were in with the screen doors and screen door replacement stuff. I don't know if they're still there but ...

In GEAR » Polycro?!? Ground Sheets for CHEAP!
April 06, 1:05pm

polycyro for cheap
I picked up a few of these window insulation kits a few months back after a similar thread posting. I wasn't able to find them in store at my local Home Depot or Do It Best Home Improvement ...

In GEAR » Polycro?!? Ground Sheets for CHEAP!
April 06, 11:27am

trip
Cool looking tarp! Very stealth. I'll be either tarping it or cowboy camping. Good chance you might be camping on sand around Bear Canyon so plan accordingly for stakes or just plan on usi...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » central and southern bpl ers checking interrest in some spring/summer trips
April 05, 4:52pm

pre-filter
Thanks Roleigh, I was careful to regulate the "flow" of water through the pre-filter so that water didn't make it into the container without passing through the pre-filter first (I...

In GEAR » ultralight water prefilter
March 29, 5:30pm

pre-filter disappointment
Hi Mike and Roleigh, I saw the 1 micron bio-diesel filter fabric bags that you guys are using as a pre-filter in your water treatment systems. I thought that was a great idea, so I ordered a fe...

In GEAR » ultralight water prefilter
March 29, 4:56pm

SteriPen for 2 days water supply
If you're dead set on using the steripen, then I would either: a. collect your necessary water supply in a dirty water container. Pour out what you need into a separate container and zap it...

In GEAR » How to best use a SteriPen for getting 2 days water supply for 2 people fast ??
March 29, 4:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.