Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 531 - 540 of 778 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ...78

Forum » Thread

Wildflowers in CA
Check out Los Padres National Forest. The area around Figueroa Mountain (behind Santa Ynez, CA) is locally popular for wildflower displays around March/Arpil. There are lots of hiking trails in t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wildflowers in California
January 04, 11:41am

Neutral Colors for me
I prefer neutral colors or earth tones. I'm not really into bright colors for any of my personal things (clothes, truck, backpacking gear, etc.). I don't really want to stand out or draw ...

In GEAR » Patagonia Brilliant Neon Colors in Outdoor Gear - Woohoo!
January 04, 11:08am

Southern CA
A 2012 get-together would be fun for the southern CA BPL contingent. We did a small one last spring in the Sespe Wilderness behind Ojai. Had about a dozen folks show up from around central CA a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Southern California
December 20, 11:15am

Winter Backpacking in Los Padres
Lots of great options in the Los Padres for winter backpacking. Outside of Big Sur, I'm not too familiar with what the northern parts of the LPNF have to offer around the San Luis Obispo area,...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Winter backpacking a few hours south of the Bay Area
December 16, 4:29pm

Winter Solstice
I'll be traveling on the actual solstice but I hope to get out to the spot in my avatar on a day close to the solstice. It's a Native American rock art site in a shallow cave; the settin...

In Chaff » How are you celebrating the winter soltice?
December 07, 4:44pm

Punk Rock Lovin' Ultralighters
I grew up in southern CA in the 80s and early 90s surfing and skating. I've listened to, and went to shows of, a lot of great bands. As cassettes got phased out, so did a lot of my punk album...

In Chaff » Punk Rock Lovin' Ultralighters
December 07, 10:38am

what do you wear
It's not rigid by any means, but here's my general clothing systems for my seasons. Warm/dry weather: worn: running shorts (Patagonia Nine Trails) or thin soft shell pants (Patagonia R...

In GEAR » What do you wear?
December 06, 6:14pm

Windy SoCal
Glad everyone from the BPL community made it through without too much damage. Up here around SB/Carpinteria, we had some pretty good gusts in the 50-60 mph range, but escaped any extreme damage (a...

In Chaff » Friends in SoCal
December 06, 10:52am

Injinji
+6 or whatever we're up to now. Injinji socks have eliminated my problems with toe blisters. I used to always get blisters on my pinky toes and the toes right next to them no matter what so...

In GEAR » Injinji Socks
November 29, 12:29pm

Fall Colors
Santa Barbara style

In Photo Gallery » Share Your Trees
November 23, 11:37am

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.