BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 531 - 540 of 604 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

Forum » Thread

GPS Battery Life
It will obviously matter which GPS you use, but I've found that with 2 Lithium AA batteries I get in excess of 30 hours use with my Garmin GPSMap 60CS. A couple of caveats... - I start...

In GEAR » GPS Battery Usage
January 01, 5:52pm

the mUV
I actually used mine for the first time this past weekend - downsizing from the AquaStar which I love but weighs too much. It worked really well (I didn't get sick) and the light weight was ...

In GEAR » Steripen challenger: half the weight and half the price
November 17, 1:29pm

MLD Cuben Hammock Tarp
Reading these posts can be dangerous... I've been looking at the MLD Cuben Hammock tarp but would love an opinion on a thought I've had: Could that tarp be modified (perhaps with some...

In GEAR » MacCat Deluxe w/bivy
November 04, 10:50am

Re: micro-tensioners and nano-guyline
Ron at Mountain Laurel Designs offers something that looks very similar to the BPL nano setup - Look under shelters at MountainLaurelDesigns.com. I don't think it's quite as light as the...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape Setup
November 03, 11:56am

Gatewood Cape Guylines
I have 18" guylines with a loop at one end (to pass through the ribbon tieout) for each point. It gives me the option to either use the guyline (I use the nano guylines and micro-tensioners f...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape Setup
November 03, 10:51am

Oregon Scientific Weather Forecaster
I actually use this: http://www2.oregonscientific.com/cat-Weather-sub-Stylish-Weather-Stations-prod-Handheld-Weather-Forecaster--with-Alarm-Clock.html I bought it at Cabela's about a year...

In GEAR » Thermometer
October 29, 8:18am

Knee Pain
I too experienced almost unbearable knee pain in my left knee towards the end of each day. It was interesting in that it didn't hurt at all going uphill or while the terrain was flat, but the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Strengthening knees
October 27, 7:29am

Lunar Duo Clip
Here's a picture of a Lunar Solo that shows the clip holding, as you look at it, the left side to the guy line... And here's a Gatewood Cape with the same clip... All three on...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo - Clip?
October 19, 6:43pm

Re: Lunar Duo - Clip?
I haven't set my Duo up since May, but I remember two clips on the line: - One is used to adjust the tension of the guy line - The other is used to keep the "non-entry" port...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo - Clip?
October 19, 11:49am

Re: S T S trail????
I'm not sure "Gear Lists" is the correct forum for this... The STS is on my hit list but the time commitment to do 85 miles is a little too much to fathom for me at this point. He...

In Gear Lists » S T S trail????
October 15, 8:17am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am