Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John G (JohnG10) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic via Upstate NY
About Me John G has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John G

Showing 531 - 540 of 592 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Forum » Thread

Rectangular Tarp
If you don't find one (or it's a little pricey), you can buy Spintex from Thru-hiker.com for just under $16 per yard and sow your own.

In GEAR » Rectangular Spintex Tarp
March 01, 2:56pm

SAR Raingear
For SAR, I'd go with durability - especially fabric tough enough on the forearms and mid-thigh down so that it doesn't rip going through briar patches or tangles of downed trees knee. Even...

In GEAR » Search and Rescue rain gear
February 29, 5:37pm

Antiseptics
Posted by Patrick: "5. Don't use alcohol, or hydrogen peroxide, or iodine or whatever on your wounds. It can be helpful to use a little hydrogen peroxide on a really dirty wound if you ca...

In GEAR » What you shoud know about wounds.
February 28, 12:49pm

Group Gear
Posted by Sarah: "Women are NOT fragile creatures - saying that all the group gear needs to be carried by the man is...well, sexist. Many women appreciate being treated fairly and yes, expect ...

In GEAR » First trip with new wife- what sleep system? also gear list for 6 days in Glacier
February 28, 6:36am

New Backpacker Advise
I'd recomend some minor changes from your original post: 1. Stop and eat lunch rather than snacking throughout the day. New backpackers need a 45 minute break to recharge. Otherwise they w...

In GEAR » First trip with new wife- what sleep system? also gear list for 6 days in Glacier
February 27, 6:27pm

Mini Bottles
I bet the pharmacy counter at Walmart (etc) would sell you a handful. The opthalmic solution they sell you when the kids pick up pink-eye at school comes in dropper bottles that are just like the ...

In GEAR » Generic MiniDrop bottles?
February 24, 5:52pm

Re: Opinel
I tried an Opinel with a 3.5-4" blade about 15-20 years ago. It quickly got loose at the pivot when making sticks into piles of shavings for fire starting, etc. I assume it's because the...

In GEAR » A serious lightweight blade
February 24, 1:35pm

Re: Re: Water Filters
Roger, I'm planning to hike along a river that has commercial chicken farms upstream about 50 miles, but the rangers in the state & national parks along the river in my area tell me the wa...

In GEAR » Water Filters
February 24, 7:35am

Climashield
I believe many of the gear manufacturers are switching because Climashield is warmer per ounce (higher CLO value) than Polarguard Delta AND has better durability after compression since it's fi...

In GEAR » Polarguard going away?
February 23, 9:08pm

Wisperlite International versus Standard Wisperlite
Both the wisperlite and international version got upgraded to a shaker jet about 7-10 years ago. The shaker jet can be retrofitted into the older stoves (it's just a needle in the jet). If yo...

In GEAR » MSR Whisperlite tinkering
February 23, 8:59pm

All Reader Reviews by John G

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wenger Esquire
I was looking for something a little bigger than my Victorinox Classic (2.25") knife. The Wenger Esquire has essentially the same tools, but is 1/3 of an inch longer, about 3/32" wider and ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 07, 7:05pm