BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://dispatchesfromoutside.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 531 - 540 of 805 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ...81

Forum » Thread

Notch
If I had the funds and didn't have a tarp, I'd buy a TT Notch. With the removable inner, you have an airy, open (two door!) shaped tarp that only weighs 17 oz. You can bring the inner for ...

In GEAR » Money To Spend!
July 02, 3:57am

Re: Re: House gone - new gear: tent
I thought about this today listening to the news of the Colorado fires. Getting outside again is restorative for me, and I hope it does the same for you. Would something in the Duomid/Supermid ...

In GEAR » House gone - new gear: tent
July 01, 11:54am

Beautiful
I am hoping to take my MYOG to the next level this upcoming winter, and I already have a few packs drawn up in anticipation of being able to work on my sewing more. I think I'm going to be rev...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2 new packs: DX40 panel loader and drybag hauler-ish pack
July 01, 11:32am

Re: Re: Re: NeoAir Hacking
You could also PM Dan about it. He's a great guy and usually helpful.

In Make Your Own Gear » NeoAir Hacking
June 29, 10:14am

Re: Griz and dogs
My thoughts? Don't bring the dogs. Griz are very different animals than black bears. Blackies are far more tolerant and far less aggressive. 99% of the time, a griz will run the other way...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grizzlies in Southern Winds
June 29, 9:42am

Re: NeoAir Hacking
Dan Durston did this a while back. Here's the thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=58707

In Make Your Own Gear » NeoAir Hacking
June 29, 9:35am

Re: Platypus bladder cap
You can probably get it from wherever you can get a Platypus reservoir. I use a cap for my 3L bladder some of the time. The soda bottle ones do not fit (they leak). Platypus sells a pack of two ...

In GEAR » Platypus bladder cap
June 28, 8:49am

Re: re 'off'
This looks like a very excellent walk. Happy trails! (And I for one second the need for a follow-up trip report.)

In Pre-Trip Planning » I'm off for a couple of months
June 27, 5:07pm

Re: excellent
As always, I appreciate the care and attention you put into crafting an essay. I especially appreciate the way that you use the pictures to comment upon, critique, and create space for your ideas....

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking on the Moon: A Trip Guide to Craters of the Moon National Monument
June 27, 3:09pm

Re: RE Glacier
Glad to help. Glacier is a once-in-a-lifetime place. That late in the season--honestly, I don't know, but I hope--you may have good luck at the Loop. It is Labor Day Weekend though. When I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Glacier National Park
June 25, 12:10am

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.