BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://dispatchesfromoutside.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 531 - 540 of 806 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ...81

Forum » Thread

My Wife's Gear List
Gear Lists are extremely personal. What works for one person does not always work for someone else. Even so, all of those items are relatively heavy, and that will be very difficult on her knees ...

In Gear Lists » Help with wife's gear.
July 03, 9:44am

Notch
If I had the funds and didn't have a tarp, I'd buy a TT Notch. With the removable inner, you have an airy, open (two door!) shaped tarp that only weighs 17 oz. You can bring the inner for ...

In GEAR » Money To Spend!
July 02, 3:57am

Re: Re: House gone - new gear: tent
I thought about this today listening to the news of the Colorado fires. Getting outside again is restorative for me, and I hope it does the same for you. Would something in the Duomid/Supermid ...

In GEAR » House gone - new gear: tent
July 01, 11:54am

Beautiful
I am hoping to take my MYOG to the next level this upcoming winter, and I already have a few packs drawn up in anticipation of being able to work on my sewing more. I think I'm going to be rev...

In Make Your Own Gear » 2 new packs: DX40 panel loader and drybag hauler-ish pack
July 01, 11:32am

Re: Re: Re: NeoAir Hacking
You could also PM Dan about it. He's a great guy and usually helpful.

In Make Your Own Gear » NeoAir Hacking
June 29, 10:14am

Re: Griz and dogs
My thoughts? Don't bring the dogs. Griz are very different animals than black bears. Blackies are far more tolerant and far less aggressive. 99% of the time, a griz will run the other way...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grizzlies in Southern Winds
June 29, 9:42am

Re: NeoAir Hacking
Dan Durston did this a while back. Here's the thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=58707

In Make Your Own Gear » NeoAir Hacking
June 29, 9:35am

Re: Platypus bladder cap
You can probably get it from wherever you can get a Platypus reservoir. I use a cap for my 3L bladder some of the time. The soda bottle ones do not fit (they leak). Platypus sells a pack of two ...

In GEAR » Platypus bladder cap
June 28, 8:49am

Re: re 'off'
This looks like a very excellent walk. Happy trails! (And I for one second the need for a follow-up trip report.)

In Pre-Trip Planning » I'm off for a couple of months
June 27, 5:07pm

Re: excellent
As always, I appreciate the care and attention you put into crafting an essay. I especially appreciate the way that you use the pictures to comment upon, critique, and create space for your ideas....

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking on the Moon: A Trip Guide to Craters of the Moon National Monument
June 27, 3:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.