Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 531 - 540 of 898 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ...90

Forum » Thread

Re: Thanks
How did you do the reinforcement at the apex? That was always tough for me to figure out.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG 1/2 pyramid tarp/bug hut
August 31, 10:20pm

Re: Re: Romney/Ryan 2012
Well said, Doug. +1

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
August 31, 9:42pm

Re: CCF Pad and Neoair
Does the reflective coating really make much of a difference? My understanding is that most of the increased R-value comes from the extra baffles inside the pad. It would be interesting to compar...

In GEAR » CCF Pad and Neoair
August 31, 9:40pm

Re: Re: Ohm vs Crown
The Ohm's suspension is a two carbon fiber rods with a flexible plastic rod (delrin) joining them with a hoop. It's very stiff as CF cannot bend much without breaking. Part of what makes ...

In GEAR » GG VC Crown or ULA CDT
August 31, 6:35pm

Re: GG VC Crown or ULA CDT
Just buy both, load them up, and walk around in them. Return the one you like the least. With the Crown, I'd consider getting an aftermarket pocket or two.

August 29, 10:28pm

Re: GG VC Crown or ULA CDT
Those seem like very different packs. The Crown is a framed pack weighing it at 2 lbs., 2.6 oz (my scale). The CDT is a frameless pack that is much smaller and is spec'ed at 21 oz. ULA is a ...

August 29, 8:40pm

Re: scrap sil
I have some dark grey Shield silnylon from Thru-Hiker I can send you if the first option doesn't work out. It's very close in color to the TT floors PM me if you're interested.

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for a scrap piece of sil
August 27, 9:52pm

Re: Thx so far!
I liked Mike Clelland's book, Ultralight Backpackin' Tips when I switched to UL. Andrew Skurka has a great one too. The more information you can gather before you start buying the better....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Switching to Light Backing .. Guide me Plz ;)
August 27, 1:27am

Re: Patagonia
I finally bought some nice hiking pants this year after years of using cheap, baggy ones. I went with the Patagonia Rock Craft pants (the successor to the Rock Guides). They have seen a lot of us...

In GEAR » slim fit hiking pants?
August 24, 7:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New framed pack with removable lid
Do you mind commenting on the front pocket? It looks like VX-21 from the pictures. Does it have some kind of stretch mesh underneath or is it just a sleeve more or less? If possible, I'd l...

In Make Your Own Gear » New framed pack with removable lid
August 21, 7:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.