BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 531 - 540 of 865 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ...87

Forum » Thread

Re: Packs
Thanks for the link to the pictures. If you get a chance, I'd love to see some details on specs and construction in the MYOG forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one. You've definite...

In Post-Trip Reports » Washington State - 2012
August 07, 10:16am

Re: Rab
On the Rab, the bigger question is not what you weigh but what your measurements are for the chest. I had to size up to the XL because of my broad chest/shoulders. I have lots of room in the wais...

In GEAR » Sizing questions - Exos 58, Rab Pulse, WM Flash, Houdini
August 06, 12:07pm

Re: Re: Washington State - 2012
Great video. That's what summers are for. I'd love to see more posted on those packs. From what I saw, there were some very nice, creative ideas out there.

In Post-Trip Reports » Washington State - 2012
August 06, 11:47am

Re: Re: Re: Back Sleeping.
I'm also a side-sleeper/turner who used to be trained to sleep on my back. Then I gave it up, and I lost the ability to fall asleep that way. Now I'm working to get it back as I slept muc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Back Sleeping.
August 04, 8:23am

Re: Tenacious tape strength
I have used both the clear and the various colors of Tenacious Tape to repair a car camping tent my dog tore. It was very similar to the material REI used and not at all like silnylon. It did an ...

In GEAR » Tenacious tape strength
August 03, 11:00pm

Re: Big Sky Potential
Watching the entire series of The Wire will be the second best decision you've made in a long time if you decide to come up here. Feel free to PM me if you need more details.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Best City for a Fly-in 48 (or 72) Hour Mountain Hike?
August 03, 10:08pm

Re: Thanks for the great ideas
Kalispell, Montana. You'll be 45 minutes from Glacier National Park and the Bob Marshall Wilderness. Check out Dave Chenault's recent article on Glacier and the Bob for starters.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Best City for a Fly-in 48 (or 72) Hour Mountain Hike?
August 03, 9:49pm

Re: clayton
You could do that, but I'm not sure you'd save that kind of weight. The best solution I've seen so far is the hoop stay idea. The large stay should fit just right in the regular pack....

In GEAR » Granite Gear Crown VC 60 - Early Impressions
August 02, 1:58pm

Re: Crown in Frameless Mode
The Crown has serious issues in frameless mode--issues that I don't think can be resolved with any of those options you mentioned. The pack is 22" to the top of the backpanel where the lo...

In GEAR » Granite Gear Crown VC 60 - Early Impressions
August 02, 1:43pm

The Return of the Ion - the rumors are false
This thread prompted me to get in touch with GoLite customer service regarding the re-release of the Ion. The rep did say that they have a pack in the works that uses a lot of the Ion's charac...

In GEAR » GoLite Ion Alternative
August 02, 9:43am

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.