BPL Community Profile

David Drake (DavidDrake) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North Idaho
About Me I manage the Fabrication Labs for a university architecture program, and teach design courses.
CityMoscow
StateIdaho
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://ddrake.net
My PDF Gear List2014 Basic 3 Season 3 Day

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Drake

Showing 531 - 540 of 719 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ...72

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: Patagonia down Sweater / Small, black, half zip
Will pass. Here's a bump to get you back to the top.

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia down Sweater / Small, black, half zip
May 27, 10:02am

Re: FS: Patagonia down Sweater / Small, black, half zip
PM'd inquiry.

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia down Sweater / Small, black, half zip
May 26, 11:54pm

Re: First 1-person tent design
The plugin I use to get pieces on a flat plane is called "flattery." It works well, but you can also do it by hand, if you group each face separately. Takes more work, and more familiar...

In Make Your Own Gear » First 1-person tent design
May 26, 11:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Packing woes, suggestions
What everyone else said. I spent a month in Japan last spring, mostly in hostels, and packed using the same principles I'd use for lightweight/ultralight backpacking. Worked great. Especiall...

In Gear Lists » Packing woes, suggestions
May 26, 10:50pm

SOLD Dana Design K2 Shortbed Ext. Frame Pack--Size Large--Pictures
Would like to sell a heavyweight pack I haven't used in years, to finance ultralight gear I hope to use for years to come. Pack was bought around 1997 from REI flagship in Seattle. Size &qu...

In Gear Swap » FS: Dana Design K2 Shortbed Ext. Frame Pack--Size Large--Pictures
May 26, 12:10pm

Re: Ridge Pole in LightHeart Tents
Thank you, Marc. That's very generous. And a neat bit of thinking to heat-form PEX. I can also imagine using short pieces of heat-formed PEX to form connections between hiking pole tip and C...

In Make Your Own Gear » Input on MYOG tarp/tent design?
May 25, 3:41pm

Yes, but...
...Aren't the marshmallows multi-use? Sleeping pad, pillow, place under jacket for extra insulation, etc?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » compressing marshmallows?
May 25, 1:23pm

Re: Spreader bar
Thanks, everyone. Keep the comments coming. Maybe today or tomorrow I'll have time to make a catenary template and resew seams. Mark--The material you're describing sounds like PEX plu...

May 25, 9:21am

Re: Carrying a CCF pad...making it manageable
Hinging the pad: I did this for one of my kids, after reading about it here. First, trimmed the pad to equivalent of 3/4 length for her height, rounding corners and tapering like a Prolite. Then...

In Make Your Own Gear » Carrying a CCF pad...making it manageable
May 24, 4:10pm

Re: spreader bar
Thanks Mark. I guess the photo of my spreader bar assembly above isn't very clear. It's basically two pieces of grosgrain with sleeves sewn into the ends to receive the spreader and gromm...

May 23, 9:41pm

All Reader Reviews by David Drake

David Drake has posted no reviews.