BPL Community Profile

David Drake (DavidDrake) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North Idaho
About Me I manage the Fabrication Labs for a university architecture program, and teach design courses.
CityMoscow
StateIdaho
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://ddrake.net
My PDF Gear List30F Bag/Quilt Comparisons

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Drake

Showing 531 - 540 of 626 | Page: 1 ...44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63

Forum » Thread

Re: Steep&Cheap
Hi Steven, It sounds like the bag you're able to buy will eventually be replaced with the bag you really want. If it were me, instead of looking for perfect, I'd pick a temp range I wante...

In GEAR » Worried about getting too hot? Upper temp for sleeping bag?
April 04, 10:43am

K2 Loadmaster Shortbed
Hi Hugh, Don't mean to hijack your thread, but maybe this is useful. I have size large K2 Loadmaster Shortbed (designed by Dana), purchased 1997 or 1998. Was thinking about posting it on g...

In Other Activities » BC Hunting Gear
April 03, 8:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Weight saving techniques
+1 trim your toenails. Think about it: clippings from all ten toes might equal a gram. Because 1# off the feet is like 5# off the back, that's like 5 grams off pack weight. And that's al...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weight saving techniques
April 03, 3:12pm

Re: Re: Pringles
Safeway brand kettle chips: 150 cal/oz. 1 gram sat. fat, 0 gram trans fat. Ingredients: Potatoes, sunflower and or corn oil, salt. Tasty, and I bet the thicker chips won't crush as easily ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Rank the Bars
April 02, 5:08pm

Re: tarp for Wonderland
Hi Mina, Thanks for tarp info, esp. that you had no problems with rain and a simple flat tarp. Faxed my reservation request yesterday, asking for XC in Vernal Park on the last day and a note ex...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Planning trip: Wonderland Trail + Northern Loop?
April 02, 12:24pm

Shaped tarp: MYOG, SMD Vamp, or...?
I'd like to go to a lightweight (16 oz or less) solo shelter this summer, but funds are an issue. Have been thinking about MYOG (I sew pretty well), but saw SMD has the Vamp on closeout for $9...

In GEAR » Shaped tarp: MYOG, SMD Vamp, or...?
April 01, 6:55pm

Re: Re: Google Earth
Hmm. I'm running version 5.2 on a Mac, and have never downloaded any plugins. I remember 3-d terrain used to enabled from the side bar menu. Now, it looks like you go to "preferences&qu...

In Philosophy & Technique » Best way to make maps for my blog?
April 01, 1:27pm

Lighter Ammo
You might try MYOG carbon fiber hollow-point slugs for the Colt. Obviously, you'd sacrifice some stopping power.

In GEAR » Need help with gearlist
April 01, 12:49pm

Google Earth
Use Google Earth. You can turn on the terrain feature and tilt the view angle to get great bird's eye perspectives, and there's a tool for marking your route as a colored line. You can al...

In Philosophy & Technique » Best way to make maps for my blog?
April 01, 12:13pm

Great List
Looks like an excellent list for any trip around the first of April.

In GEAR » Need help with gearlist
April 01, 10:48am

All Reader Reviews by David Drake

David Drake has posted no reviews.