Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5241 - 5250 of 8757 | Page: 1 ...516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ...876

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: re: tailor baffled down jacket/vest
Yes, and as David said Yeah, there would be a cold spot there The fold of the French Seam would stick out a little so there would be an air space inside. I don't think you'de notice ...

In Make Your Own Gear » tailor baffled down jacket/vest - worth the effort?
December 09, 4:54pm

Re: re: tailor baffled down jacket/vest
When you're done, there should be a 1/2" fold on the inside only. inside out: right side out: That's synthetic booty but same idea. Yeah, may be good idea to do it on e...

December 09, 1:34pm

Re: Winter backpacking and 2WD cars with chains?
Bring extra food and water in case you get stuck. Leave intenerary with someone so SAR could bail you out. A couple years ago I drove FWD until I got stuck - snow was a little deeper than I tho...

In GEAR » Winter backpacking and 2WD cars with chains?
December 08, 6:03pm

Re: Solo winter backpacking?
I do solo winter backpacking, but very little on snow if that's what you mean. I do go for days without seeing anyone else. I leave the wife an itenerary so they can retrieve my body : ) I a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo winter backpacking?
December 08, 5:52pm

Re: Help me choose an sleeping pad
I've been using Prolite for a couple years. I tried Ridgerest before but it's just too firm. I sleep on my side with Prolite comfortably. Almost as light as alternatives. Prolite ha...

In GEAR » Help me choose an sleeping pad
December 08, 5:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re blockages
From your article "In some cases there is a tube-pin stopping the valve from being removed. To remove that in the field is very hard; you might want to remove it at home and leave it out. Come...

In GEAR » The New "Worlds lightest cannister stove"?
December 08, 2:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re blockages
There's this little pin that keeps the valve from coming out. I tried pushing it out with small nail (brad) and pliers or hammer but it's pretty solid. Danger... about to break stove......

December 08, 1:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re blockages
You should probably know how to clean it out anyway, so if it gets clogged in the field you can fix it.

December 08, 1:16pm

Re: Dycem website
Maybe this is the same stuff: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/grip-it-shelf-cushion-liners/6901 $4 from Camping World - for RVs to keep kitchen stuff from sliding around

In GEAR » Seam Sealing a non free standing tent indoors & Putting Non slip Dots on a pad
December 08, 12:59pm

Re: french seam for tightening down jacket torso
Yes - vertical seam, right down back of jacket, without having to rip out existing seams This might help - http://thru-hiker.com/projects/french_seams.php To start, you could just pull out a ...

December 08, 12:51pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.