Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5241 - 5250 of 8996 | Page: 1 ...516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ...900

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: NRA influence on enforcement
Jon Stewart and Colbert, you might have noticed, are on the Comedy Network, so I think I could call them comedians : ) Sad that the comedians are better sources than a supposed news network. ...

In Chaff » Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
January 30, 6:36pm

Re: Common Battery Type -- Just Another Myth?
I have a GPS with 2 AA batteries. They last for about 24 hours which is enough for any trip, yet I always carry a spare set but never need them. Except, after a year or two, the lifetime of the b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Common Battery Type -- Just Another Myth?
January 30, 6:27pm

Re: NRA influence on enforcement
"Does anyone have any actual evidence of this?" Somebody posted a link to a story about Jon Stewart. I didn't look at it closely. A comedian might not be the best source of news ...

In Chaff » Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
January 30, 4:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Any AM/FM/WX using AAAs ?
I agree, carrying spare battery is inconvenient I would think most people wouldn't think speaker was important - which says that Sony is great

In GEAR » C. Crane CC Pocket radio
January 30, 9:35am

Re: +1 Snow Peak Canisters
Snowpeak Gigapower also. MSR occasionally when they were out. Just make sure it says iso-butane if you want to operate in 20 to 40 F range I tried Burton (not Brunton) from Freddies once bec...

In GEAR » $8 canister stove, any feedback?
January 30, 9:22am

Re: Good discussion, guys.
No, you're a MORON David : )

In GEAR » School me on inverted canisters in cold weather please...
January 30, 9:14am

Re: Squeeze Filter Twirler
If you want a small pump arrangement, just get a filter with pump. I have the bottom cut off a PET water bottle and use it as a scoop. It weighs 0.5 oz. I also put marks on it and use it as me...

In Make Your Own Gear » Squeeze Filter Twirler
January 30, 9:13am

Re: Re: Blow test blows my mind, but I have been wrong before
"...First they use flexible tubes that can stretch..." The Squeeze should tolerate freezing if you shake it out really good Sawyer just doesn't bother to think about it. Easier...

In GEAR » Frozen Sawyer Squeeze?
January 30, 9:03am

Re: Blow test blows my mind, but I have been wrong before
"I, for one, would LOVE to know, for sure, if A) the blow test works and B) what can be expected from a Sawyer after a full freeze." Same here Rather than their pathetic statement ...

In GEAR » Frozen Sawyer Squeeze?
January 29, 9:28pm

Re: Re: Ben
Brad - Fox? Really??? (just kidding) the reason we don't enforce the existing laws is because the NRA lobbyed congress to pass laws to not enforce the source was from a Jon Stewart piec...

In Chaff » Newtown
January 29, 7:44pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.