BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5241 - 5250 of 7584 | Page: 1 ...516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ...759

Forum » Thread

Re: Sleeping Pad R-value
There it is again, the term "thermally-neutral". What is that? The colder it is, the more insulation you need, there's no point where you reach neutrality??? To answer your que...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad R-value
April 04, 1:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Getting ticketed for stealth camping
"Jerry. Did they at least toss you a cold one for your trouble?" They were sort of unfriendly and it made me a bit uncomfortable : ) At least when I left they had just started (at l...

In Philosophy & Technique » Getting ticketed for stealth camping
April 04, 12:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thought Provoking Post
"Jerry I'd love to know where you're getting your info on the healthcare mandate and income tax as you're very incorrect." I don't understand your question. If you req...

In Chaff » Thoiught Provoking Post
April 04, 11:45am

Re: Getting ticketed for stealth camping
I think stealth camping sometimes means camping at a spot not used by others and leaving it like no one ever camped there. I sometimes camp at a spot you're not really supposed to camp at bu...

In Philosophy & Technique » Getting ticketed for stealth camping
April 04, 11:30am

Re: Re: Mobil 1
I'm lucky if I put 3K miles per year. I just change oil once a year. My repair person said regular oil starts breaking down after 6 months so I should use synthetic, but I'm not sure ...

In Chaff » oil change miles?
April 04, 8:28am

Re: Re: Re: Thought Provoking Post
"One problem with Medicare is that it is so hard for the public to figure. And if you sign up late, you pay extra" That's like "the mandate" in Obama Care. If you don...

April 04, 8:26am

Re: Thought Provoking Post
" wish you would stop copying and pasting stuff from the Internet without doing a bit research first." Ha ha Nick : ) Actually it was ink in a magazine Actually it was social sec...

April 03, 8:18pm

Re: Thought Provoking Post
"Check out the "Defense" budget. It's only $670.9 billion for fiscal 2013, after a $48 billion cut. Things are tough all over these days." "Money" magazine had ...

April 03, 6:10pm

Re: Many MANY Thanks!
You can also drive north to the mouth of the Deschutes River and backpack upstream." Tell me more? Look at the field guide at portlandhikers.org Fairly complete description Also th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Easy, pretty overnighters near Bend, Oregon (USA)?
April 03, 1:56pm

Re: Easy, pretty overnighters near Bend, Oregon (USA)
Yeah, Metolius River is nice, especially early in the season when it's snowy higher up. Same with Deschutes River. Green Lakes is pretty busy in summer. Or Pole Creek trailhead up to Camp ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Easy, pretty overnighters near Bend, Oregon (USA)?
April 03, 1:51pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.