Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5241 - 5250 of 9178 | Page: 1 ...516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ...918

Forum » Thread

Re: wat?
I cut the end off my Sea to Summit spoon with hacksaw, then filed it smooth Not to save weight, but to fit in my pot

In Philosophy & Technique » How do I shorten my spoon and toothbrush?
March 04, 7:36am

Re: Re: My shield sunburst yellow solo pyramid
If it's tight, and you can extend your poles higher, or maybe move them closer together making the peak taller, there'de be more room.

In Make Your Own Gear » My shield sunburst yellow solo pyramid
March 03, 3:12pm

Re: My shield sunburst yellow solo pyramid
Very nice. How much does it weigh? You must use treking poles in inverted V Must have a zipper in the middle of one side?

In Make Your Own Gear » My shield sunburst yellow solo pyramid
March 03, 11:37am

Re: Don't squeeze the Squeeze!
"The large bags have a place to punch holes using a paper punch then hang it by a string from a branch above your water bottle and let gravity do all the work and it saves the wear on the bags...

In GEAR » Sawyer squeeze vs. steripen
March 03, 8:11am

Re: compatibility?
Old platypus bags are okay. I think the newest platypus bags are okay. There was a period of several years when the threads were slightly different. You could screw on the Squeeze but it lea...

In GEAR » Sawyer squeeze vs. steripen
March 03, 8:03am

Re: Re: Re: Mapping Gps, who is using what?
The marketing material said something about antenea being better, but not to worry The buttons on the front are beginning to wear out. Especially the "in" and "out" buttons ...

In GEAR » Mapping Gps, who is using what?
March 02, 4:48pm

Re: Mapping Gps, who is using what?
Garmin 60CSx. Getting to be a bit old, I don't even know if they still sell it. They have some newer ones that are similar but with better displays. It has a better antenea and electronics...

In GEAR » Mapping Gps, who is using what?
March 02, 3:29pm

Re: Re: Car
How weird - chaff gone from "recent posts" - some people complain about chaff so I guess they got what they wanted Yeah, I was wondering why no CFW posts recently I guess we'll ...

In User Test Forum » test
March 02, 2:09pm

Re: Can anyone read my posts?
hmmm... I wonder what ever happened to Mike Reid? He used to post all the time but now all of his posts aren't visible to me...

In User Test Forum » test
March 02, 1:02pm

Re: Re: Insulation.
"there is vastly more to insulation than air" First, maybe looking at the physics is more of a geek exercise. If you are warm wearing something, more power to you, and that's real...

In Editor's Roundtable » Impact of Wind on Insulation Loft
March 02, 1:00pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.