BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5241 - 5250 of 7607 | Page: 1 ...516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ...761

Forum » Thread

Re: rethinking the sleeping pad (re Franco)
When it's cold and my arm or leg go off the pad and lay directly on the ground they get cold, like they'll get numb after a while. But I like the thought process here. I don't sle...

In Make Your Own Gear » rethinking the sleeping pad
April 05, 8:48pm

RE: Make My Own Tarp? Plans, kits, materials?
If you're just making a rectangular tarp there's no reason for a kit If you're making a Ray Way tarp with beaks and things then maybe it makes a little more sense. If you're ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Make My Own Tarp? Plans, kits, materials?
April 05, 8:41pm

Re: Re: votong
"How about the Iraq war with misinformation about WMD." The right wingers knew there were no WMD. That was just a propoganda argument to get people to go along. They wanted a war f...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
April 05, 8:36pm

Re: envirronmental reasons
I would be better off selfishly not spending extra money to reduce pollution because the pollution I produce gets dilluted so much I would never notice it. However, the pollution we produce toge...

April 05, 6:34pm

Re: Re: Re: envirronmental reasons
"Best to let the public decide by buying the vehicles and fuel based on the market, not having the government force manufacturers to produce and the public to buy what politicians feel is best...

April 05, 5:39pm

Re: Make My Own Tarp? Plans, kits, materials?
Buy 2nds silnylon from owfinc.com or wherever It's nominally 60 inches wide but actually a little more Order 8 yards. Cut in half. Sew them together with flat felled seam. Fold over 1/...

In Make Your Own Gear » Make My Own Tarp? Plans, kits, materials?
April 05, 5:27pm

Re: envirronmental reasons
Good article Dan If (when) they build the Keystone Pipeline, almost all of the oil will be refined in Texas and shipped to Europe and China. This will not reduce gasoline prices in U.S. ...

April 05, 5:09pm

Re: State of Texas water plan acknowledges climate change
So why is it that consumption has dropped, and you didn't mention it but supply has increased, yet the cost has increased? If it was just supply and demand, prices should have dropped.

April 05, 1:12pm

Re: State of Texas water plan acknowledges climate change
"How do you know they will make less money?" Supply and demand. Economics 101. If the demand for gas is less, then the price will go down and the amount of gas sold will go down so t...

April 05, 10:36am

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Military budget
"jerry why do you insist on posting that same BS chart?" To wake you up? Because it's data as opposed to opinion?

In Chaff » Thoiught Provoking Post
April 05, 10:22am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.