Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5241 - 5250 of 7784 | Page: 1 ...516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ...779

Forum » Thread

Re: Whats the best way to stay dry in the rain
If it's cold, windy, and raining, and you stop for a rest, you don't want to put on your dry insulated layers and get them wet too If the conditions are marginal like that, don't res...

In GEAR » Whats the best way to stay dry in the rain
May 20, 10:37am

Re: it's not random
Well said Harald I heard "Governor Moonbeam" on the TV. Very reasonable message. It's up to the voters to choose - either modest tax increase and smaller cuts in spending or bigg...

In Chaff » CA People -- in the hole for $500 per person?
May 20, 10:23am

Re: same here
My measurements: 2.8 ounce (without the stupid cap : ) (3 ounces in pint zip top bag) ran some water through, let the water run out of the filter without shaking - 3.56 ounce 10 vigorous s...

In GEAR » I returned my Steripen
May 20, 10:00am

Fug?
Fug? Must be a British or Australian term? Googled it: "the stuffy atmosphere of a poorly ventilated space; also: a stuffy or malodorous emanation" Very good Roger : )

May 20, 7:30am

Re: fallacies
+1 Ken : )

May 19, 7:28pm

Re: Yet another tarp
"I did sew over a corner for about two feet until I realized it." I always let out one curse when I do that Then laugh hilarously Then rip it out and continue on my way...

In Make Your Own Gear » Yet another tarp
May 19, 4:57pm

I would have the seam from peak to peak, but now that you've done it crossways, I wonder why? Easier to make cat curve, but that isn't necesary. Efficient use of 16 feet of material c...

May 19, 3:20pm

Looks good! Did you glue the reinforcing pieces? Is the 10 feet from peak to peak? There must be a seam between two pieces of fabric that goes crossways rather than from peak to peak?

May 19, 2:29pm

Re: CR123 Discharge Curve
over about 8 months, batteries were in Steripen the whole time: 3.25 V new treated 4 pints 3.08 V treated 7 pints 3.03 V treated 8 pints 3.02 V treated 8 pints 3.01 V failed 3.25 V new...

May 19, 12:52pm

Re: Re: I returned my Steripen
Actually 3.06 V is consistent with my data : ) One set of batteries failed when they got down to 3.05 V The other set failed when they got down to 3.01 V This is open voltage after they re...

May 19, 11:48am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.