Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5241 - 5250 of 8642 | Page: 1 ...516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ...865

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: fishnet
Maybe the wicking should go the other direction - towards your skin

In Editor's Roundtable » Just Say No To Wicking: Non-Traditional Base Layers Based on a Next-to-Skin Fishnet Model
November 14, 10:55am

Re: Hillary
Charlie Rose and Norah ODonnel were interviewing John McCain on CBS This Morning McCain acknowledged that the CIA had a report 3 days later that said Benghazi was spontaneous, but there was anot...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
November 14, 9:21am

Re: Confirmed?
If there are abusers, that would drive up the cost for others A properly communicated change in policy that still allowed reasonable returns could be perceived as a good thing I've return...

In GEAR » REI currently working on new return policies
November 14, 8:57am

Re: Single entity as judge, jury, executioner
"My point is four more years of the same from both parties." I have hope things will be a little different, call me Polyana. We will see within a few weeks. The Republicans can not...

November 14, 8:28am

Re: Just Say No To Wicking: Non-Traditional Base Layers Based on a Next-to-Skin Fishnet Model
Nice article Ryan and Mike - I like the "out of box" thinking I agree, the wicking concept is more marketing than anything useful Once you sweat, it's going to take heat to evap...

In Editor's Roundtable » Just Say No To Wicking: Non-Traditional Base Layers Based on a Next-to-Skin Fishnet Model
November 14, 8:00am

Re: Depression and Wilderness, Part 2: Wilderness May Not Be Enough
Good point Ryan I have family members who have depression and one who killed themself People sometimes view people that have depression like they're just weak or inadequate, don't let...

In Editor's Roundtable » Depression and Wilderness, Part 2: Wilderness May Not Be Enough
November 14, 7:33am

Re: REI currently working on new return policies
I think their return policy is crazy I could buy a pair of boots, wear them out with normal use, and then return it and get new pair - forever I bet many people take unreasonable advantage ...

In GEAR » REI currently working on new return policies
November 13, 11:39pm

Re: MYOG Tarp - measurements for modifications with front beak?
Will owfinc.com, thru-hiker.com, questoutfitters.com, or hammockgear.com ship to you? They have silnylon. You must be talking about a tarp like http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tarp - measurements for modifications with front beak?
November 13, 11:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Single entity as judge, jury, executioner
yeah, what do you have against Susan Rice? Intelligent Calm/diplomatic - as opposed to that awful John Bolton, for example Black and a woman - if we had more diversity we would have better...

November 13, 11:26pm

Jesus hates figs
Mark 11: 12 "The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found no...

In Chaff » Makes sense now!
November 13, 6:56pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.