BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 5231 - 5240 of 5415 | Page: 1 ...515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ...542

Forum » Thread

Re: Baseball?
Tom - Even though you are partial to pitchers, you made a mistake in your list of players "I got to see..." I would have started with Kaline! What a ball player!! I got to see Koufa...

In Chaff » Baseball?
April 03, 3:58pm

Re: SMD Gatewood Cape Users?
Ryan, I have a Wild Oasis, same size as the Gatewood, but not a poncho. I am 5'11' and it is kind of claustraphopic inside. I have gone back to a poncho tarp (GoLite silnylon) and bivy. ...

In GEAR » SMD Gatewood Cape Users?
April 03, 3:50pm

Re: Baseball?
I used to love baseball. Starting in 1959 when the Dodgers arrived in LA, and 1961 when the Angeles were the AL expansion team; I attended hundreds of games during the '60s. You name a major st...

In Chaff » Baseball?
April 02, 10:26pm

Re: Biodegradable
Jim, That was a given on my part. That is why I mentioned Ivory, which I have read (but not verified) is biodegradible.

In GEAR » no Bronner's
April 02, 6:02pm

Re: Re: Broners Alternative
Campsuds is a option. How about a small unscented hotel bar of soap? Or cut up a bar of Ivory soap. I find Bronners works for me.

In GEAR » no Bronner's
April 02, 2:30pm

Re: The Effectiveness of Stays/frame
H - Thanks for the links. I had read both of them a while back, but it is always good to refresh one's brain. Nice quote from Roger too :) "There is a group of fanatics in America w...

In GEAR » The Effectiveness of Stays
April 01, 2:21am

Re: The Effectiveness of Stays
Lynn, I resemble that remark :)

March 31, 2:07pm

Re: Are 20 mile days possible?
Yes they are possible, and it is not necessarily dependant upon great physical conditioning. It is dependent upon managing a reasonably 'light' load. Going light is not necessarily the key....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are 20 mile days possible?
March 30, 10:32pm

Re: Lighten Up
Ah, requiring every parent to participate could eliminate some of the kids. That is an unfortunate fact of our society, some parents have to work and other parents don't care. Sometimes it is u...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Lightening up Adults (again)
March 30, 5:20pm

Re: Ohm has what you need
Mike, Thanks for the feedback. I am waiting to hear back from ULA on some customizing questions, and will probably go for it. That way I can retire my Deuter Pro 40.

March 30, 5:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am