Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 5231 - 5240 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Q About Nunatak Weights
John, "After trying the quilt I bought from you, I decided to get one from Nunatak. After speaking with Tom, I felt very comfortable in ordering. He told me upfront that it would be...

In GEAR » Question About Nunatak Weights
May 21, 8:33pm

Re: Rattlesnake avoidance classes for dogs
"I wanted to try it on the children, but the wife said no." LOL.

In Philosophy & Technique » Rattlesnake avoidance classes for dogs
May 21, 10:16am

Re: Aborted Thru Hike - Feeling Crushed
Dan, Don't beat yourself up. Smart people know when to bail. Just re-evaluate the trip as a learning experience. Perhaps you took on too much with not enough pre-conditioning. There will be ...

In Chaff » Aborted Thru Hike - Feeling Crushed
May 20, 9:43pm

Asics Piranha SP
I saw these and just had to have them. Size 5.3 oz on my scale. Size 9 stated at 4.8 oz. Incredibly light you think you are not wearing shoes at all. Going to test them on a 60 mile hike this we...

In GEAR » Good article on running footwear
May 20, 5:47pm

Re: Re: fight fire with fire, anyone?
Depends on who Ruch Limbaugh is and why he might be of interest. Never heard of him before... Lynn, He is an entertainer; a radio talk show host (largest audience in the U.S.) He is a conse...

In Chaff » Guns in parks?.... maybe soon!
May 20, 5:36pm

Re: not again.
"please. it's been done to death (pun intended) already, very recently. actually, done to death TWICE. please not again." I know... folks think they can change the point of...

May 20, 12:26am

Re: Re: Re: Anybody interested in my older -40dF down bag ?
You have to read the comment a second time. He is actually stating that the bag is a good deal, based on the two 0F bags he owned.

In Gear Swap » Anybody interested in my older -40dF down bag ??
May 19, 7:52pm

Re: Guns in parks?.... maybe soon!
"The measure is included in a popular bill imposing new restrictions on credit card companies." So what do guns in NPs have to do with credit card restrictions? Forget the gun vs no...

May 19, 7:47pm

Re: UPF rating/sun-protectiveness of wool garments
I have an 'elusive' BLP Hoody. It is almost the perfect garment. I was really surprised that is was acceptable for temperatures up to 85F. The biggest concern is probably how well it wil...

In GEAR » UPF rating/sun-protectiveness of wool garments
May 19, 11:05am

Re: Beginner Backpack
Since you are just starting, start out light. You can get a Gossamer Gear Murmur for $80 or The North Face Rucksack for $35. Inexpensive running shoes for under $50. You can make a stove yourself f...

In GEAR » Beginner Backpack
May 19, 10:50am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am