Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 7609 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...761

Forum » Thread

Re: doug duo?
No one wants to pay what I think the duo is worth! ;-) (that would be $350, in case you were wondering, which is about $100 less than I paid.).

In Gear Swap » WTB Hexamid Solo with Netting
March 02, 1:37pm

Re: Bay Area Snow Trip
If I didn't wear out my welcome last weekend I'd be interested.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bay Area Snow Trip
March 02, 12:38pm

Re: Question - Which Lightweight / High Volume Pack Do You Use?
SMD Starlite. Plenty big enough for bulky winter gear and carries wonderfully.

In GEAR » Question - Which Lightweight / High Volume Pack Do You Use?
March 02, 10:46am

Re: neoshell
"is paramo "waterproof"" It is according to Chris Townsend, and I tend to believe him.

In GEAR » Help me pick a rain jacket
March 01, 6:52pm

Re: . . . . ;)
While you'll spend a bit more, you might as well get the LT4s with straps, since they're easily removable if you decide not to use them.

In Philosophy & Technique » Gossamer Gear LT4's ... Strap or no strap? that is the question
March 01, 6:47pm

Re: Help me pick a rain jacket - Paramo for the cold
For colder weather trekking, I'm becoming a big fan of Paramo clothing. The Velez Adventure Lite top (or something like that) meets all of your requirements except the 10 oz. and the hand pocke...

In GEAR » Help me pick a rain jacket
March 01, 6:42pm

Re: Re: What is Bushcraft? its no mystery
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, will a UL backpacker still blame a bushcrafter for it?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who gets out more, the UL or the BC camper?
March 01, 6:26pm

Re: Vapor Barrier
I've used the RBH VBL socks for quite some time to help reduce condensation in the foot of my bivy, and it's worked wonderfully. Bought an RBH VBL shirt and used it a couple of months ago i...

In GEAR » Bivy Condensation
March 01, 2:51pm

Re: Great!
"Edited: The heart shaped snow/hale is sweet too." You saw a heart-shaped snow patch, I saw my last girlfriend plunging a dagger again and again into my heart with blood spurting every...

In Photo Gallery » 3rd Annual BPLers GGG: Henry Coe - Aaron's MISC Pictures
March 01, 2:34pm

Re: Re: Teton Crest 2010
"This was an optional trip, put together by the students in an online planning course. The trip itself was not part of the actual course." This was very clear to all of us from the beg...

In Editor's Roundtable » Trip Report: 2010 Teton Crest Expedition
March 01, 11:43am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am