Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 7263 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...727

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: winter mitts
How do you keep your fingers from freezing when setting up at night or packing up in the morning? I can't do it with mitts on, I've tried. But as I set up or pack up with just liners, my fi...

In GEAR » Recommend me a Winter glove system
January 10, 8:16pm

Re: The Stateless Society: 1oz Down Mitts
Would it be useful to add a non-insulated 'sleeve' at the top of the mitts to ensure they stay over or under jacket sleeves?

In Gear Deals » The Stateless Society: 1oz Down Mitts
January 10, 2:12pm

Re: high country chix
My sis raised chicks for a while -- but her whole lot got killed by predators while in the coop, so do be cautious of that.

In Chaff » Any backyard chicken farmers out there?
January 10, 11:23am

Re: FS: MLD Exodus & Burn. Both size M
oops

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Exodus & Burn. Both size M
January 10, 11:07am

Re: Multi-Vitamin for a long distance trek?
Nature Made Multi for him 50+. But then again, I'm old.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Multi-Vitamin for a long distance trek?
January 07, 7:38pm

Re: Re: Freestanding Solo Dome Tent for @ 1.5 Pounds - Anybody Purchased One?
This would be the kind of thing I'd buy just for kicks to see how it worked out, but I've read far, far too many negative comments on Big Sky on these forums for me to take a chance with th...

In GEAR » Freestanding Solo Dome Tent for @ 1.5 Pounds - Anybody Purchased One?
January 07, 12:42pm

Re: Mercury News?
I think you'd do better with a press release than just emailing him and inviting him.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
January 06, 3:59pm

Re: Down Jacket for a Tall Person
Nunatak will custom one of their down pullovers to whatever you want. Not cheap, but wonderfully made and quite light. It'll take you a couple of months to get it, so order early.

In GEAR » Down Jacket for a Tall Person
January 06, 11:02am

Re: Re: Iphone charger.
"Am I just dreaming?" No.

In GEAR » Iphone charger.
January 05, 7:51pm

Re: Iphone charger.
Don't know the lightest necessarily as I haven't researched it, but the Mophie Juicepack Air is less than 3 oz (2.5 or 2.66 depending on which iPhone you have). Claims to double battery life.

In GEAR » Iphone charger.
January 05, 1:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am