Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 7471 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...748

Forum » Thread

Re: Looking for best week long summer loop in the contiguous 48
As always, knowing your average daily mileage helps suggest loops.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Looking for best week long summer loop in the contiguous 48
February 11, 9:04pm

Re: PIS: PIF modified
No doubt. I lived there from 98 to early 2001. And I always thought John Waters had the crabs....... ;-)

In Gear Swap » PIS: PIF modified
February 11, 8:16pm

Re: PIF modified
John, got it. Also, used to live in Hillsboro and work in the city. Ah, I miss that area. Doug

February 11, 8:00pm

Re: PIF modified
John, PM me your address. Doug

February 11, 7:50pm

Re: Re: PIS: PIF modified
Hey! I think my dog brought 'em home! Don't know where they came from. That's my story and I'm sticking to it......

February 11, 6:22pm

PIS: PIF modified - All gone
Pay it sideways. Go bowling with your dad even if you hate bowling. Take that coworker who's been a bit down lately to lunch. Listen to your aunt's story (for the 12th time) all the way thr...

February 11, 6:16pm

FS: Stuff - ALL SOLD
FS: All prices include shipping to U.S. lower 48. Prices do NOT include paypal fees (number in parentheses is price with fees drawn on US banks) SOLD: RBH Bonded VaprThrm® Liner Sock, size 9...

In Gear Swap » FS: Stuff
February 11, 4:55pm

Re: HA
"Lol! 41 as of the 11th and it's not even the 11th yet on the East Coast." He simply wrote the date wrong. After all, day 40 is listed as the 9th.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
February 10, 8:22pm

Re: Two day trail for winter hike between Boston and Albany?
If you don't mind doing a point to point, any part of the trail in NJ on the AT ending (or beginning, for that matter) at Delaware Water Gap (NJ/PA border) is nice. I've never done it in wi...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Two day trail for winter hike between Boston and Albany?
February 09, 7:32pm

Re: Asia
It seems to be pick on SMD day on BPL. FWIW, I just went to Ron's site, and nowhere did I find any statement where Ron calls SMD a 'cottage gear company.' That's a label we're i...

In Make Your Own Gear » American Silnylon not Acceptable?
February 09, 5:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am