BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 6564 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...657

Forum » Thread

NB MT100
Bought a pair of New Balance MT100s to try since some folks seem to like them so much (but only for backpacking, I'm not a trail runner). Wow. Great shoe. I was surprised at how much protection...

In GEAR » NB MT100
April 04, 5:30pm

Re: Foam does make a difference
Hmmmmm. Never tried an air pillow with foam. Have to give it a try!

In GEAR » Exped Air Pillow
April 02, 6:50pm

Re: Grommets vs Webbing
webbing. I like linelocs at my corners, so webbing it must be.

In GEAR » Grommets vs Webbing
April 02, 5:30pm

Re: New Exped Air Pillow
I'm not that big a fan of air pillows. Never could get used to them. I use a Climashield XP pillow from Arrowhead Equipment. It's about cozy and comfortable as all get out, and only weighs ...

In GEAR » Exped Air Pillow
April 02, 5:11pm

Re: MLD Cuben Grace Tarp and Guy Lines
"After installing the guy lines it came with, it weighed 7.6oz (instead of 5.6oz like expected)." It's customary, I believe, for the listed weight of the tarp to be of just the tar...

In GEAR » MLD Cuben Grace Tarp and Guy Lines
April 02, 5:08pm

Re: Re: "MLD Cuben Grace Tarp and Guy Lines"
It's a starting point. As you use the tarp, you find out what length works for you based on how you set up your tarp. You can take away much more easily than you can add..... Just remember, ...

April 02, 5:02pm

Re: Re: re: MLD Cuben Grace Tarp and Guy Lines
Length -- I went by MLD's recommendations. 7.5' front ridge, 6.5' rear, 5' front corners, 4' side and rear corners. Probably too long, probably adds an entire ounce or something...

April 02, 4:44pm

Re: WTB absurdly light wind jacket
I've got a medium Houdini, blue, great shape, I'd sell for $80 including shipping (but not including paypal fee).

In Gear Swap » WTB absurdly light wind jacket
April 02, 1:12pm

Re: Re: MLD superlight - full net hood?
"There's always a compromise. You have to go with your gut." Or your wallet, I bought both, for the reasons Todd listed.

In GEAR » MLD superlight - full net hood?
April 02, 12:51pm

Re: Pants
I'm with Matthew. I don't hike in shorts, and love my Eco-Mesh pants. I also don't hike in short sleeve shirts, and am enjoying my EcoMesh shirt as well. Keeps me cool enough (I could h...

In Gear Lists » Summer AT clothing
April 02, 8:53am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am