BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 6492 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...650

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Man... - Gary
Ah, you're in my boat! I ask because I have an older GoLite Ultra20 quilt that was modded into an underquilt for a hammock that I bought from another BPLer. Someone who could sew could turn it ...

In Gear Deals » golite ultra20 158 shipped
March 28, 8:49am

Re: Re: Dividend
I should have said Steripen Adventurer Omni. The new Adventurer has a different water sensing mechanism, and an integrated LED light you can use in a pinch if your headlight batteries die.

In Chaff » So what did you do with your dividend?
March 27, 10:06pm

Re: Weight: Patagonia Cap 4 vs. SEKRI Level 2?
Not sure if this fits the bill, and they don't list the weight, but they do answer emails pretty quickly, and Melanzana is a cottage clothing maker in Colorado. I bought their micro-grid hoodie...

In GEAR » Weight: Patagonia Cap 4 vs. SEKRI Level 2?
March 27, 10:05pm

Re: photos of your packed tent / tarp ?
All the MYOG stuff makes me jealous! I hope to take some sewing classes some day and join y'all.

In GEAR » photos of your packed tent / tarp ?
March 27, 9:54pm

Re: Hmmm... tarps...
Here is my cuben floorless tarp packed. I put it next to a ti tent stake so you can see how incredibly small it packs up! Of course, it only covers my groin, but man is it light! .

In GEAR » photos of your packed tent / tarp ?
March 27, 9:45pm

Re: Man... - Gary
Can you sew?

March 27, 9:32pm

Re: LT4s
Arrgh! Now I'll have to watch Gear Swap closely again.....

March 27, 9:31pm

FS: Steripen Adventurer - SOLD
SOLD Last year's model. Used a dozen times maybe. Great shape (I mean, other than break it, what can you really do to one?) Selling because I bought the new model. $50 includes shipping to ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Steripen Adventurer
March 27, 7:22pm

So what did you do with your dividend?
REI dividend, that is. A bunch of Mary Jane's meals, a new pair of sunglasses, a new Steripen Omni, and, yet again, I'm trying the Five Fingers.

In Chaff » So what did you do with your dividend?
March 27, 7:21pm

Re: I've tried...
I checked the site and didn't see mp3 capability listed. I was a bit surprised.

In Gear Lists » Speaking of luxury items... HELP!
March 27, 7:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am