Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 6690 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...669

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: More like walking briskly, not running....
"It's time to start running faster." Nicely put, except that I'd say that it's time to slow down. Slow down and ensure you learn from the experiences that add to your story...

In Philosophy & Technique » A philosphical question
May 15, 9:34pm

Re: What am I running away from?
Running away from? Nothing. I'm running because I'm trying to catch up to Tom Kirchner! Fast bugger, he is.....

In Philosophy & Technique » A philosphical question
May 15, 9:22pm

Re: Re: iPad wifi
Everyone has their own idea of what constitutes a good price. As k kohl says, new they're $699. Plus tax. The case is $39. Plus tax. And the buyer doesn't have to pay paypal fees, up to ...

In Gear Swap » iPad wifi
May 15, 4:58pm

Re: Cutting Firewood
I've carried my japanese pull saw on a couple of trips, and it works great. Went through 3-4" logs with minimal effort. I didn't bother cutting down the handle or anything to reduce th...

In GEAR » cutting firewood
May 15, 2:41pm

iPad wifi-SOLD
SOLD-Not backpacking gear, but thought I'd throw this up here before going elsewhere. Since I bought the 3G iPad, I'm selling my month-old iPad wifi. 64GB. Includes Apple's iPad case. G...

In Gear Swap » iPad wifi
May 15, 2:13pm

Re: TLB
The Lightweight Backpacker

In Chaff » Practical Backpacking: Does anyone use it?
May 12, 7:39pm

Re: How ultralighters see the world
...and glass is so heavy, why isn't the water in a ti mug?

In Philosophy & Technique » How ultralighters see the world
May 12, 7:27pm

Re: I need some Tyvek
AntiGravity Gear sells it.

In Make Your Own Gear » I need some Tyvek
May 12, 7:25pm

Re: Re: Trail Days 2010 - Damascus Virginia
Hey Ron, Will you be at your 'booth' for most of Saturday? Would love to finally meet you!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trail Days 2010 - Damascus Virginia
May 12, 6:57pm

Re: "Susquehannock Trail, PA"
Just code it as an h1, as in < h1> and then < / h1 >at the end of the title

In Post-Trip Reports » Susquehannock Trail, PA
May 12, 4:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am