BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 6131 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: regrets
"I do have a "carpe diem" tattoo after all..." If you don't go, you'll have to change the tattoo to 'carpe dontem,' and who wants that!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I walk the PCT this year?
February 13, 6:27pm

Re: Re: Backcountry presale
You're forgetting the after sales.

In Gear Deals » Backcountry presale
February 12, 7:42pm

Re: VERY COOL
Let us know what you think of them when you get 'em!

In GEAR » Fuel pouch
February 12, 7:32pm

Re: Re: Vancouver 2010
I also have a brother who lives in Seattle. Probably adds to its shabbiness.....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vancouver 2010
February 12, 7:28pm

Backcountry presale
is going on now.

In Gear Deals » Backcountry presale
February 12, 7:14pm

Re: Vancouver 2010
Nope. Haven't had an interest in/watched the Olympics for quite some time now. But Vancouver is another story. I'd love to backpack up there!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vancouver 2010
February 12, 7:07pm

Re: Omni
The big difference between these two, in my opinion, is the bug hood. If you get the Omni, you can get a full bug hood but still have the option of using the full fabric hood in nasty weather. With...

In GEAR » lightweight bivy-neo compatible
February 11, 7:47am

Re: lightweight bivy-neo compatible
+1. My Omni worked great with the NeoAir, plenty of room. Of course, I'm only 5'8", but there was a lot of fabric left at the foot area. I just sold it because it was so long and order...

In GEAR » lightweight bivy-neo compatible
February 11, 7:43am

Re: Volume
Hey Dan! Did you add the sternum strap to the Revelation? A great addition if so!

In GEAR » Pimping MLD
February 11, 7:35am

Re: Re: Ti Goat/ Tenkara
Ah, he doesn't have to. Updates are spelled out on the TiGoat site.

In GEAR » GG LT-4 and Titanium Goat Adj. Poles
February 08, 7:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am