Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 7559 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...756

Forum » Thread

Re: call
I establish deadlines with a trusted contact (my spouse in my case). If I don't check in by a certain time, it's time to call in help. The snowshoers were really lucky they had cellular...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » a few more rescues
January 06, 12:17pm

Re: use poncho tarp instead of bathtube floor
A poncho won't add anything to the polycro. Rolling the edges of any ground sheet underneath will create a small ridge and *help* keep any running water under the ground sheet rather than runni...

In GEAR » use poncho tarp as a ground sheet
January 06, 12:03pm

Re: not-so-ultralight
Could be they are getting older too :) Like many new converts to a belief system, there is a period of passion that mellows with time. So you touch the SUL barrier and then find yourself taking lon...

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Peak Backpack Review
January 06, 9:47am

Re: Looking for a weekender pack, need advice
The REI Flash 30 comes to mind, but I can't imagine doing more than a SUL weekend with it. BTW, the GoLite Jam has a lot more room for just a few ounces more than a Peak. Frameless packs ar...

In GEAR » Looking for a weekender pack, need advice
January 06, 1:28am

Re: a few more rescues
Four snowshoers who got lost Sunday along a trail at Gold Creek Sno-Park were rescued Monday. I wonder where they went. The Gold Creek trail goes up a steep walled valley, but it is broad in are...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » a few more rescues
January 06, 12:46am

Re: use poncho tarp as a ground sheet
Bad idea-- you end up with an expensive and rather heavy ground sheet and a dirty poncho full of holes. Ground sheets are sacrificial items to protect the rest of your gear. Tyvek and polycro a...

In GEAR » use poncho tarp as a ground sheet
January 05, 9:36pm

Re: GoLite Peak Backpack Review
The Peak is a perfectly usable pack and suited to light/low-volume overnights and day hiking. The ability to compress the size suits day hiking and there are lots of creature comforts like the padd...

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Peak Backpack Review
January 05, 9:22pm

Re: GoLite Peak Backpack SOLD
SOLD

In Gear Swap » GoLite Peak Backpack, Large, Black
January 03, 8:58am

Re: Windshirts?
1. Patagonia Houdini: two thumbs up 2. Montbell Dynamo: dunno 3. Marmot Driclime: nice, but you are committed to the fleece lining and weight. I prefer the Patagonia Alpine jacket which has pocke...

In GEAR » Windshirts?
January 03, 8:56am

Osprey Aether 30 and other roll top packs
I "discovered" an Osprey Aether 30 pack this weekend and couldn't resist. From what I can find it is a smaller version of the Aether 45, but is unlike the other packs in the series. I...

In GEAR » Osprey Aether 30 and other roll top packs
January 02, 7:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.