BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 7438 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...744

Forum » Thread

Re: patagucci rainshadow
It is my main hiking rain jacket. Works good for me. The hood has a drawstring around the back, so you can dial it in for skull or bucket :) Durability for climbing? It is light thin stuff. Not ...

In GEAR » patagucci rainshadow
October 28, 4:46pm

GoLite Peak and Jam Packs SOLD
GoLite Peak: withdrawn GoLite Jam: SOLD

In Gear Swap » GoLite Peak and Jam Packs, Large, Black
October 28, 4:27pm

Re: Hiker Missing In Cascades Found Alive
6500' is pretty far up the hill for this time of year-- just when the freezing level drops and the precip goes up. To give you an idea, my parents lived in Easton, at around 2500', but stil...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker Missing In Cascades Found Alive
October 28, 4:16pm

Re: Synthetic wadding: use continuous nature and make ripstip, dispensing with dead weight of shell
I had brought this up some time ago, envisioning something like a belay jacket with no outer shell, perhaps a light mesh overlay to keep the insulation in place, and offered with a mating windshirt...

In GEAR » Synthetic wadding: use continuous nature and make ripstip, dispensing with dead weight of shell
October 28, 1:28pm

Re: OR dry packs
Stargazer wrote, "but for dayhikes, especially in wet weather, I also like my venerable Ooutdoor Research Dry Peak Bagger (16 oz but pretty durned waterproof)." I want the OR DryComp R...

In GEAR » Fast and Light Daypack
October 28, 1:11pm

Re: Protecting DSLR's storage containers
Here's my setup: The box is from Storables, made by Sistema and is 3 liters. It weighs 9.2oz. I prefer the Lock& Lock which has retainers on all four sides, but I haven't found the r...

In GEAR » Protecting DSLR's
October 28, 1:01pm

Re: barefoot stream fording?
Knee deep 35F glacial melt and broken granite or basalt boulders barefoot? Nooooooo! A lazy lowland stream with a sandy bottom, sure, why not-- unless it is littered and may have broken glass as...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » barefoot stream fording?
October 28, 10:59am

"Fast and Light Daypack"
Check out the Cilogear 20 liter Worksack: http://www.cilogear.com/20lws.html Others that come to mind: REI Flash 18 (cheap too) Marmot Kompressor Plus Mont Bell Balance Light 20 Vaude Roc...

In GEAR » Fast and Light Daypack
October 28, 9:40am

re: Protecting DSLR's
What level of protection do you want? Plastic food containers work well for bumps/dust/water, with the caveat that they are not trusted 100% for water--- you have to assess the cost/risk factors th...

In GEAR » Protecting DSLR's
October 28, 9:07am

Re: Re: wood coals
Interesting on the coniferous woods. One my my favorite salmon dinners was cooked in an oven on a red cedar shingle. The edges of the shingle burn and smoke the fish as it cooks. I wouldn't be ...

In GEAR » Cooking a steak?
October 27, 10:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.