Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 7890 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...789

Forum » Thread

Re: @ Roger
Roger didn't mention tea. Is that allowed? No tea?

In GEAR » What do you do for Lunch?
March 07, 4:18pm

Re: What do you do for Lunch?
I guess I would call it extended snacks: crackers, bagel, dried fruit, candy, salami, pepperoni, cheese, granola bars. I've been working on a SUL cook system for day hikes, using a small cu...

In GEAR » What do you do for Lunch?
March 07, 9:24am

Re: Straighten Golite Quest womens pack to fit a guy?
I would expect a woman's pack have a different sizing, where a woman's medium might not equal a men's medium, as well as different hip and shoulder spacing. For all the time and tro...

In GEAR » Framesheets v.s. stays
March 07, 7:07am

FS: Outdoor Research Primaloft Vest, 7.6oz, Women's Small, Slate Blue **SOLD**
**SOLD** I'm selling an Outdoor Research women's vest with Primaloft fill. It is a small size, measuring 19" across the armpits stretched tight, and 18-1/2" at the hem. It me...

In Gear Swap » FS: Outdoor Research Primaloft Vest, 7.6oz, Women's Small, Slate Blue
March 06, 5:22pm

ikea woodstove as hibachi?
There are other threads that cover the Ikea stove idea, but I thought this was the place to include this. I have gathered a couple of the Ikea utensil holders and was thinking about fuel sources...

In Make Your Own Gear » 3,06 oz. ikea woodstove
March 06, 4:26pm

Re: 2011 SUL Gear List
Not a bad kit, and an honest one, including the toys that I'll bet most people leave off their lists. Ex Officio makes convertible Amphi pants which would save hauling both shorts and pants.

In Gear Lists » 2011 SUL Gear List
March 05, 10:48am

Re: Ground sheet with a bivy?
I like a small footprint of Tyvek to protect the floor of any shelter I am using. I know that may throw some into SUL terrors, but it extends the life of my gear. I cut it smaller than the perimete...

In GEAR » Ground sheet with a bivy?
March 05, 10:34am

Re: Using a AMK Emergency blanket as tarp?
Stick with the blue tarp. I would use the AMK to weatherproof a brush-and-sticks emergency lean-to, but I have my doubts about it holding up in any real wind. Tyvek is a possibility, but I'd ra...

In Make Your Own Gear » Using a AMK Emergency blanket as tarp?
March 04, 5:34pm

Re: Buying Chinese Goods
There is very little in my immediate field of view here at my desk that wasn't made offshore. The Romans had outright slave labor, we have the Third World. I can console myself that 99% of it i...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 04, 8:46am

Re: Skurka not human
And they bring him pic-a-nik baskets. Ranger Smith doesn't like it, but that's just tough ;)

In GEAR » Skurka using Ridge Rest Solar as only winter sleeping pad?
March 03, 11:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.