Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 7913 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...792

Forum » Thread

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Gerber Recon LED Multi-color AA Flashlight
March 13, 12:28pm

Re: Light water filtration/treatment options ?
After reading the recent article on UV and gravity filters, I whet surfing on gravity filters and I am intrigued with the Sawyer models. If they live up to their specs and don't clog too easily...

In GEAR » Light water filtration/treatment options ?
March 13, 12:25pm

Re: rain jacket wind jacket replacement
That rain jacket isn't terrible for a full-featured hard shell. The Marmot Precip and Patagonia Rainshadow models are a couple ounces lighter. Breathable membranes aren't completely useless...

In GEAR » rain jacket wind jacket replacement
March 13, 11:48am

Re: Which Gear to Replace for 3 month AT Hike
Your kit is a system and needs to work as a unit. You really need to know your total gear weight and volume before getting a pack. You don't want to be hiking every day with your pack at the ou...

In GEAR » Which Gear to Replace for 3 month AT Hike
March 13, 11:15am

Re: ikea stove + imusa mug
I got one finished off tonight. The IMUSA 12cm cup fits like a glove, as does the MSR Titan. I have yet to try it, but Esbit and a pop-can alcohol stove should work fine, using this as a pot holder...

In GEAR » ikea stove + imusa mug
March 12, 11:16pm

Re: Tsunami -Lost Coast
Years ago, we were camped at Cape Alava on the Olympic Park beaches and I heard a tsunami report on the radio for the previous day. The campsite is a few feet above tide line, with a hill behind. Y...

In Other Activities » Tsunami -Lost Coast
March 12, 7:33pm

Re: myog esbit stove
Esbit burns at 1400 degrees F. You don't want it near a canister. You can improvise an Esbit stove with a few rocks.

In Make Your Own Gear » myog esbit stove
March 12, 7:25pm

Re: myog esbit stove
I measured 45mm(1.75") from the bottom of the pan to the top of the stove supports on the classic folding Esbit stove. I would take this as the optimal height from the manufacturer--- they hav...

In Make Your Own Gear » myog esbit stove
March 12, 6:08pm

Re: Dry Bag Hauling Backpack
Clean lines and nice work! Along the same lines, Exped made a dry pack that was a mesh pack bag with conventional shoulder straps and used with one of their 20 liter roll-top dry bags. I've ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dry Bag Hauling Backpack
March 12, 11:59am

Re: Beginner Day Packs
You can use just about anything for a day pack. I have several thrift store packs that are perfectly acceptable for day hikes that were $3-$5. I like 'em with water bottle pockets. They are alw...

In GEAR » Beginner Day Packs
March 12, 11:47am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.