BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 7394 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...740

Forum » Thread

Small lot of hiking essentials **SOLD**
**Sold!** I found I had some duplicates and put this little batch of goodies together. Sold as a lot only. From 1:00, clockwise: Log House Designs insect head net. Good visibility, noseeum...

In Gear Swap » Small lot of hiking essentials
October 15, 2:28pm

FS: GSI Halulite Minimalist Pot/Cup **SOLD**
**SOLD** I bought this one at the beginning of the season and never got around to using it. I think it is a natural for an Esbit or pop-can stove. It is brand new/unused, without the box. 6.3oz/...

In Gear Swap » FS: GSI Halulite Minimalist Pot/Cup
October 15, 9:25am

Re: LL Bean Rucksack
I had one of the LL Bean Continental rucksacks. I think they are very useful for travel and around town. I see your point, but it is pretty heavy. What I was getting at is why someone hasn't...

In GEAR » Whatever happened to rucksacks?
October 14, 9:39pm

Re: ex light
Eric said, "...and i dont plan on staying out long enough to get the down soaked ..." It's the things that aren't in the plan that you need to plan for :) "I know Murp...

In Gear Lists » Generic day hiking list
October 14, 6:38pm

30 mile day hike list
Add a helicopter.... I would be dead after 15 miles--- just use the bivy for a body bag :) Seriously, that is what it is all about-- NOT spending the night under a tree in the dark, wet, cold...

October 14, 5:46pm

Re: Ears
[Graduate Mode] [sotto voce]Outdoor Research Windstopper Peruvian Cap, young man. [/Graduate Mode] 2oz, warm, compact, effective. It has a removable chin strap too. Be an Incan god! ...

In Gear Lists » Going lightweight for winter
October 14, 5:29pm

Re: bivy
The heat sheets bivy is the one I like. I called it a space blanket bivy, which it really isn't. With that and a poncho you could get through some nasty stuff. I wouldn't be very pretty to ...

October 14, 4:17pm

Re: Re: Going lightweight for winter
That first contact with your skin is a little thrilling, isn't it? Like cold wet boots first thing in the morning-- the shrieks echoing down the canyon.... Freeze dry them on your pack :)

In Gear Lists » Going lightweight for winter
October 14, 4:06pm

Re: Eddie Bauer 90th Anniversary - Sat Oct. 16
Someone wrote that they are still putting stock up early in the morning. I have seen more down sweaters a couple times over the last week-- at $40 and change. I want one of those fleece hoodies...

In Gear Deals » Eddie Bauer 90th Anniversary - Sat Oct. 16
October 14, 4:00pm

Re: moral gps?
I guess a moral GPS would have a movable cursor, eh? Or waypoint markers when you sin? You wouldn't be able to see the map on mine ;)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 14, 3:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.