BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 7473 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...748

Forum » Thread

Washing a pack
Tech Wash, lukewarm water, hand wash in a laundry tub with a sprayer to get it all rinsed, minimum time wet/soaking, hang upside down to dry. I use a nylon bristle brush if I need to get rough with...

In GEAR » Washing a pack?
November 10, 11:42pm

Re: soft shell pants
Check out the REI Mistral pants--- $89.50 http://www.rei.com/product/784779

In GEAR » soft shell pants
November 10, 11:01pm

Re: Favorite Bottom Half Backpacking Clothing?
Polyester briefs. Polyester long johns for sleep or under rain pants for cold rain hiking. Vary weight to season. Ex Officio Amphi shorts (these have a brief, so are used without). I have oth...

In GEAR » Favorite Bottom Half Backpacking Clothing?
November 10, 9:06am

Re: plastic tablecloths
This is a thin stretchy stuff, not what we called "oilcloth" which is a vinyl fabric with a fleecy underside that my parents used for car camping table cloths. I'm thinking of thi...

In GEAR » Plastic tablecloth for a ground cloth
November 10, 8:49am

Re: Patagonia R1 Jacket. The hype?
I raised the question in another way, asking about the use of mid-layer insulation, and got much the same answers. I have a Lowe Alpine hoodie I use much the same way for camp and cold/wet layer...

In GEAR » Patagonia R1 Jacket. The hype?
November 10, 8:43am

Re: go fur it
Mine is black, but when I looked on line there were all kinds of comic book and other themes for kids. Spiderman ground sheet anyone?

November 10, 7:59am

Plastic tablecloth for a ground cloth
I picked up a plastic tablecloth tonight that is thin embossed material and a 48"x88" example weights 3oz/85g. This is the type intended for single use for parties. It seems to be fairly ...

November 09, 10:43pm

Re: Packs, packs, packs
Sorry, I had dropped the thread. Yes, I decided to keep the Peak. Check out the REI Flash 30. It makes a good day pack and I think it would make a nice carry on/travel pack.

In Gear Swap » GoLite Peak and Jam Packs, Large, Black
November 08, 9:09pm

Black Diamond Spot headlamp REI $23
Great headlamp for $23 http://www.rei.com/product/813050

In Gear Deals » Black Diamond Spot headlamp REI $23
November 08, 8:37am

BPL Reader "best of" thread
I would love to hear about your favorite gear: Pack: Trekking poles: Shelter: Sleeping bag: Sleeping pad: Rain shell: Rain pants: Windshirt: Base layer: Mid layer I...

In GEAR » BPL Reader "best of" thread
November 07, 11:15am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.