BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 7173 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...718

Forum » Thread

Firesteel and Esbit
If you carry alcohol gel hand cleaner, just put a little dab on the Esbit and give it a spark. Works great.

In GEAR » Firelight fire starting kit
August 21, 11:32am

Re: FS ID Wind Shirt
I'll buy the windshirt. PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS ID Wind Shirt and Pack Liner
August 20, 10:30am

Cookin' your goose (or grouse)
I went through a bunch of photos on the web. Looks like a sage grouse. They are the largest too. A White Tailed Ptarmigan is around 16oz. A rotisserie would be my first choice. I guess you could...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » a wild bird question
August 17, 10:55pm

How fast do you hike?"
Slow-- I like to stop and "smell the roses." Trail condtion really makes the difference for me. Put some rocks, mud and streams on your treadmill and try it again :) Steep uphill slow...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 16, 6:22pm

Smartwool?
Smartwool makes a light gray: https://www.smartwool.com/default.cfm#/Mens/Apparel/Baselayer/_/703/

In GEAR » really light ls wool shirt in a lighter color?
August 16, 6:08pm

Re: ultralight knife sheaths?
Kydex sheaths work great. You can heat and mold the stuff with a heat gun too. The heat gun works for making fine adjustments in tension and fit too. For paring knives and the like that will tr...

In GEAR » ultralight knife sheaths?
August 16, 9:45am

Re: Down
I recently added a down First Ascent vest and a jacket to my clothing kit. The vest is light enough that I would throw it in for any dry weather pursuits, and the jacket should be great for cold-an...

In GEAR » Favorite Mid-Layer?
August 12, 2:41pm

FS: Western Mountaineering Flight Jacket
What a crew--- someone to jump on the "grenade" and save our wallets and marital bliss. Give that man a medal!

In Gear Swap » FS: Western Mountaineering Flight Jacket
August 12, 9:37am

Re: Warmth
Dan wrote, "...but carrying a down inner and down vest would be heavier on cold trips than just carrying a warmer down jkt so it's a tough call. Ideally if I was rich I'd just have a v...

August 12, 9:29am

Re: Midlayer
Thanks, Dan I put together a similar layer set on paper. I can see your point about the efficiency using a base layer as insulation, but it is insulation none the less, and it wicks too, as well...

August 12, 1:16am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.