Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 7832 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...784

Forum » Thread

Upright cattle dawg
Thant's better! Looks like a rascal to me :)

In GEAR » Dog Backpacks - Advice sought
February 22, 8:53pm

Re: Mora 546
There aren't significant problems with stainless. And carbon steel is fine for food, it just needs a little more maintenance, so it isn't as practical in a commercial kitchen setting. I pre...

In GEAR » Mora #2/0 Knife 1.8oz/50g
February 22, 8:46pm

Re: Mora #2/0 Handle Mod
I see the #2/0 as a handy fixed blade with emphasis on weight and small size. The guard-less design is not my favorite; it is traditional for wood carving so you can work close to the handle. There...

February 22, 8:39am

Re: Two Arcteryx Vests ($85 each/Black)
Size(s)?

In Gear Swap » Two Arcteryx Vests ($85 each/Black)
February 22, 8:16am

Re: Mora Classic #2
Nice job on the handle. I like the toggle on the sheath too--- it isn't the most secure.

February 21, 8:36pm

Re: Island
I proposed to my wife on San Juan :) Still going strong 25 years later!

February 21, 8:33pm

Re: Re: Carrying water on shoulder straps
I didn't think about putting a sling around the pack. I can do macramé bottle holders that would work for that. It doesn't take much to wrap up a bottle. My first attempt is to use mit...

In GEAR » Carrying water on shoulder straps
February 21, 8:25pm

Carrying water on shoulder straps
I am cooking up a SUL setup based on a pack that has no external pockets and a bungee cord stash on the front. I can rig a 2 liter Platypus using the grab loop and the bungee cord, but it seems lik...

In GEAR » Carrying water on shoulder straps
February 21, 8:37am

Re: style
Mike, Check out the Style CS too, which is an updated version of the Micra. It's the one I EDC. I've cut 10 gauge copper wire with it and it goes through fat zip ties like butter. Th...

In GEAR » Leatherman Style keychain multi-tool vs. Victorinox Classic
February 20, 4:49pm

Re: FS: OR Cap
OR Waterproof Gore-tex Baseball Cap - One Size Fits All - $14 Shipped. I would like to buy that cap. PM on the way.

In Gear Swap » FS: Snow Peak 1400 Ti w/Custom Lid, AT Maps, and OR Cap
February 20, 2:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.