Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5221 - 5230 of 8193 | Page: 1 ...514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ...820

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Canister stove with best fuel consumption?
BG wrote, "I guess you mean lowest fuel consumption." Yes. Most canister stoves are blowtorches. I use a Coleman F1, which cranks out 16000+ BTU. Of course, I don't need to run it ...

In GEAR » Canister stove with best fuel consumption?
May 31, 9:27pm

Re: Art and equipment design
"Think of features in terms of weight and functionality, not art." I disagree! There's no excuse for functional design that isn't artful-- that is what craftsmanship is all abo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Frameless Backpacks State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Choosing and Using a Frameless Pack
May 31, 7:20pm

Canister stove with best fuel consumption?
Has anyone seen comparisons for fuel consumption with canister stoves? I know there are many variables.

In GEAR » Canister stove with best fuel consumption?
May 31, 5:53pm

Re: No Wood Fires - Any Bright Ideas?
How about a Black Diamond Orbit LED lantern? Great tent light too-- it can be dimmed to suit. Fires are so primal and a big part of my camping experience, but too dangerous in dry forests. I like k...

In GEAR » No Wood Fires - Any Bright Ideas?
May 31, 4:08pm

Re: Neoprene Hoody
A 100W fleece or better yet, a Power Stretch hoodie, would give more loft and breath. As advertised, the neoprene might be okay waiting for a race to start and more fashion than function.

In GEAR » Neoprene Hoody
May 31, 3:44pm

Re: Modified Osprey Exos 46?
I have an Exos and it does violate all the rules for UL packs, dripping with straps and buckles and features. I like the top pocket and that stretchy back pocket is really handy. I don't unders...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Osprey Exos 46?
May 30, 8:08am

Re: Tripod for full size dslr and big lens
I found a DLC STX Pro 62 for $79 in a local camera store. It has a 65" maximum height, a ball head and weighs 3lb 1.6oz. I was impressed with the fit and finish. The STX Pro 52 has a 55" ...

In Photography » Tripod for full size dslr and big lens
May 30, 7:58am

Re: Big poncho tarps
Those that have a longer back section are the ones to look for. They typically have a section that will snap up in back that is meant to provide extra coverage for your backpack. Campmor, Equin...

In GEAR » Big poncho tarps
May 29, 9:28pm

Re: swimming
I would go swimming at any opportunity, but 33F mountain tarns fed by snow or glacial run-off are 30 second rinse cycles :) I remember jumping in a mountain lake one early June morning after waking...

In GEAR » Personal hygiene
May 29, 8:24pm

Re: The Pacific Northwest Gear Thread
Ozzie wrote, "Also, I'm not sure about windshirts in the PNW. It seams like its either pouring to hard to wear it alone, or calm enough that it isn't needed. I can't seem to find a...

In GEAR » The Pacific Northwest Gear Thread
May 29, 8:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.