Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 5211 - 5220 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus Video Review
Very nice. I like gnocci too, but not many places serve it these days.

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus Video Review
June 01, 12:17am

Re: Simms Solar Sombrero?
Emmett, Some things in life just work well, and the LTM6 is one of them. I live in the desert and have and have owned dozens, upon dozens of hats. The Tilley is the best, hands down. If it...

In GEAR » Simms Solar Sombrero?
May 31, 11:57pm

Re: Summer sleeping... the options?
I bought a BPL UL60 here on Gear Swap a few months ago, and at 12 oz it really works well in warmer temperatures. I bring a Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket @ 6.1 oz for those unforseen cold...

In GEAR » Summer sleeping... the options?
May 31, 11:50pm

Re: Cookware help
Christine, You mentioned this was your first Bping trip. I would skip the set with a fry pan for a while, until you get settled into all the minutia of BPing. I have several, and used to even br...

In GEAR » Cookware help
May 31, 11:30pm

Re: Titanium vs. Aluminum
Get whichever you can afford. The weight difference is not significant. Like Mark, I have a Sigg Tourist nesting set that is probably older than you. :) I also have two Gaz Globetrotters, whi...

In GEAR » Titanium vs. Aluminum
May 31, 11:26pm

Re: Re: "Arnold Wants To Terminate 220 State Parks"
"When they say they're closing the parks, what do they mean, exactly?" It is the usual scare tactics. We are going to cut police, fire, state parks, etc. so the public opinion will...

In On the Web » "Arnold Wants To Terminate 220 State Parks"
May 29, 2:28pm

Re: Arnold Wants To Terminate 220 State Parks
Joe, You are right on. We cannot consume more than we can produce. I am tired of supporting others. This is America. People are poor because they want to be poor. I am tired of supporting them. ...

In On the Web » "Arnold Wants To Terminate 220 State Parks"
May 29, 11:09am

Re: ULA Conduit users - what pad to use
Does the pack have two diagonal webs at the top? If so, a torso length pad folded in 3rds works perfectly. I use GG NightLight Torso length, a torso length 3/8" pad, and a BPL TorsoLite inflat...

In GEAR » ULA Conduit users - what pad to use
May 28, 9:50pm

Re: Recommendation on camera lighter and less expensive than Panasonic LX3?
Recently bought a Cannon PowerShot SD1200IS camera for under $200. 5.1 oz with battery. 10mp. Has a REAL view finder. Uses standard SD cards. I wanted to replace my Sony Cybershot, which does no...

In Photography » Recommendation on camera lighter and less expensive than Panasonic LX3?
May 28, 12:01pm

Re: Re: Skyline Trail – PCT – Jo Pond Loop
Carlos, If I had the time to do 200 - 250 miles, I would hike the Sierra High Route. :) I doubt there are a total of 200 miles of trails in the San Jacinto's. The only book I have ever bo...

In Post-Trip Reports » Skyline Trail – PCT – Jo Pond Loop
May 28, 10:38am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am