Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 5201 - 5210 of 5517 | Page: 1 ...512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 ...552

Forum » Thread

Re: TRT in July
>> Im still up in the air between the Mumur and the Conduit. I have both and around 15lbs it is a toss up. I just did 60 miles with the Murmur, and it handled 17lbs just fine. I was carryi...

In Gear Lists » TRT Gear List 09
June 01, 6:19pm

Re: PCT Section B Hike Planning and Questions
Nate, Water Capacity - You should be able to go easily with 4 liters per day for drinking in the hotter sections. Bring more for cooking. Cook meals near water sources, then fill water bottles a...

In Post-Trip Reports » PCT Section B Hike
June 01, 6:10pm

Re: Advice on 7 day trip in the western US
How about a section of the High Sierra Route?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Advice on 7 day trip in the western US
June 01, 5:27pm

Re: Foam pads or not
I put one sock in each shoulder strap on my Murmur, and it is plenty comfortable. I have carried up to 17 lbs in it.

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus Video Review
June 01, 3:44pm

Re: Why do women prefer a tent?
Tad, I don't know that it is a fair statement that women prefer a tent. Especially if that person is fairly new to BPing. Also, is seems that a majority of men on BPL prefer a tent too.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why do women prefer a tent?
June 01, 3:40pm

Re: Re: Skyline Trail – PCT – Jo Pond Loop
> Too bad about the camera...are you going back next weekend to get the photos??? Nah, a lot of work for a few pictures :) I am trying to decide on my next trip. Lately I have been trying ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Skyline Trail – PCT – Jo Pond Loop
June 01, 2:00pm

Re: Re: Skyline Trail – PCT – Jo Pond Loop
> I'm constantly surprised by how casually people treat hot weather hiking. It is called Darwinism :)

In Post-Trip Reports » Skyline Trail – PCT – Jo Pond Loop
June 01, 1:55pm

Re: Yosemite, North Rim, May 23-26 2009
Dylan, An excellent adventure!! And few people encountered in Yosemite on a holiday weekend. Yep, sometime you have to make gear concessions to make the ladies happy; but if Momma is happy, e...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite, North Rim, May 23-26 2009
June 01, 11:49am

Re: Late to the thread - safety while handling
Bob, I hadn't thought about any danger in handling them. My concern is dropping them before I dump it into the water bottle. Using the scissors on my dinky knife, I cut one of the edges of t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Chlorine Dioxide water purification and children
June 01, 10:58am

Re: summer gear list
Brian, I think you have a pretty solid list. Also agree with the other posters, get a lighter pad and another water purification system. Aquamira or Katdyn tabs work great for me.

In Gear Lists » 3 season gear list
June 01, 10:01am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am