BPL Community Profile

Randy Martin (randalmartin) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me My primary pursuits are mountaineering (hiking with the goal of a summit) but I am beginning to re-kindle my love of Backpacking. In particular I have become a big fan of the Ultralight approach and love this website. I seem to be in a perpetual state of shelter/sleep system evaluation. My current setup for shelter is a GG SpinnTwinn with YMG Bug Bivy 1.0 (summer) or Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy(colder). Sleep system is Katabatic Chisos 40 degree quilt with Neoair short.
CityCastle Rock
StateCO
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Martin

Showing 521 - 530 of 605 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

Forum » Thread

Just get it
Sometimes the problem with online reviews is you get a distorted picture of an item because you often get the handful of users that had an issue post something but you don't get all of the peop...

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
June 05, 9:11pm

Lake Park is snow free
I just got back from doing the full 24 mile loop, Hankins Pass to Lake Park to Brookside McCurdy to Refrigerator Gulch to Goose Creek. Lake Park only has a few very minor spots of snow on the trai...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Goose Creek TH Loop Map
June 05, 4:46pm

Re: Re: Windshell + rain jacket or just rain jacket?
I think a lot of this is very dependent on the climate you are hiking in. Windshirts are very appropriate in the Alpine and dryer climates like the Intermountain West where I live. Rain Jackets w...

In GEAR » Windshell + rain jacket or just rain jacket?
June 02, 10:11pm

SOLD Marmot Atom
Item is Sold

In Gear Swap » Marmot Atom Regular LZ $160 shipped
June 02, 9:05pm

Marmot Atom 40 degree Bag Price Reduction
$140 shipped

June 02, 6:41pm

Re: PET? PETE?
So Johnny, what do you use to store your water?

In Make Your Own Gear » Treatment Bottle for a Steripen
June 02, 2:37am

Marmot Atom Regular LZ 850 fill sleeping bag
Bump

June 01, 10:06pm

Forum Performance Very Poor
Not sure it's just the Forum. Have had a number of times where the site performance in general is poor. Perhaps time to look at a better place to host your site. Who knows, you might even ma...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Forum Performance Very Poor
June 01, 8:49pm

Chisos on the way
I just ordered the Chisos today. I tend to sleep warm and believe it will give the most flexibility. Going to take it into the Lost Creek Wilderness this weekend and so will post an update and fe...

In GEAR » Katabatic Chisos-40 degree quilt...
June 01, 6:23pm

MLD Rectangular Monk Tarp
"Make sure you are comfortable and confident working with a small tarp before you buy it." Or buy it and get comfortable and confident working with it. :)

In GEAR » MLD Rectangular Monk Tarp
June 01, 8:15am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Martin

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Katabatic Gear Bristlecone (Regular Length, Wide Width)
I have had the Bristlecone Bivy for a year and really appreciate the side zipper for ease of entry/exit. The mesh is just right for breathability and views. The stake out loops are nice when you wan...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 15, 6:03pm

Marmot Atom
The bag is true to it's 40 degree rating and when I sleep with insulating layers on I have comfortably slept in this bag down to the upper 20's. If you are cold in this bag at 50 then I suspe...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 31, 1:59pm