Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

j lan (justaddfuel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale MN
About Me Canoeist, biker, hiker, packrafter, grump.
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by j lan

Showing 521 - 530 of 550 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Forum » Thread

Re: Wool Blanket Resurgence?
Just watched a video on wrapping up a wool blanket. I often bring a thin wool serape with me camping. Great multi use item!

In Chaff » Wool Blanket Resurgence?
November 18, 9:17pm

Re: Re: Washing Machine - Make cheese?
I was just watching on tv Egyptians using a pig bladder inflated to make cheese with. Possibly disgusting based on cleanliness factors, but how cool would some moutain goat cheese be! :)

In Multiple Use Gear » dry pack uses
November 18, 12:28pm

Re: Goodbye
Stargazer, I respect you greatly and think you add amazing insight and value not only on backpacking but real life as well. I was trying to make the point that if harm-reduction is the number...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thru-hiking with a 3 month old baby?
November 18, 12:23pm

Re: Re: Oy. The logic . . .
This thread is the most serious car crash ever. Oh and speaking of car crashes, it is one of the top ways your baby can die.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thru-hiking with a 3 month old baby?
November 18, 11:50am

Re: Bear canister
Float for scuba diving/river crossings Rainwater collector when used with rope off the side of the tarp trick Soaking injured foot/hand in hot saltwater If you paint it black or it is blac...

In Multiple Use Gear » a bear canister
November 15, 8:53am

Re: Re: Dan and Jeff's Ultra + Neoair + MB UL Sleep System
Just finished a great overnighter with my new ultra 20 golite long and wanted to report my experience to this thread. My set up was slightly different, but not too far off. I was using: 1) ...

In GEAR » Golite Ultra 20 and Nunatak Skaha Combo?
November 14, 4:32pm

JMT Photos
Wow Brian! Inspirational!

In Photo Gallery » JMT-
November 10, 5:22pm

Couples sleeping bags
"Finally, some couples like to use two person quilts such as the Nunatak backcountry blanket. If a couple sleep close together, say spooned, they should be comfortable in temperatures which a...

In GEAR » What degree sleeping bag do you need?
November 09, 12:37pm

Isobutene “cold” performance
What kind of stove is it? If it has a preheating tube, you can invert the canister. This has been approved by at least my stove (primus omnifuel) manufacturers literature.

In GEAR » Isobutene “cold” performance
November 04, 12:58pm

Ax for Mora
Hi Mike, I am in mn too, and I also like having fires and using my little gasifying wood burning stove. Instead of using an axe a light weight option for splitting wood is to buy a Mora knife an...

In Gear Lists » My 3 season gear
November 03, 10:05am

All Reader Reviews by j lan

j lan has posted no reviews.