BPL Community Profile

James Landro (justaddfuel) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Canoeist, biker, hiker, packrafter, grump.
CityMN
StateMN
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Landro

Showing 521 - 530 of 550 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Forum » Thread

Re: Wool Blanket Resurgence?
Just watched a video on wrapping up a wool blanket. I often bring a thin wool serape with me camping. Great multi use item! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx38go8-Ig8

In Chaff » Wool Blanket Resurgence?
November 18, 9:17pm

Re: Re: Washing Machine - Make cheese?
I was just watching on tv Egyptians using a pig bladder inflated to make cheese with. Possibly disgusting based on cleanliness factors, but how cool would some moutain goat cheese be! :)

In Multiple Use Gear » dry pack uses
November 18, 12:28pm

Re: Goodbye
Stargazer, I respect you greatly and think you add amazing insight and value not only on backpacking but real life as well. I was trying to make the point that if harm-reduction is the number...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thru-hiking with a 3 month old baby?
November 18, 12:23pm

Re: Re: Oy. The logic . . .
This thread is the most serious car crash ever. Oh and speaking of car crashes, it is one of the top ways your baby can die. http://www.cdc.gov/injury/Images/LC-Charts/10lc%20-Unintentional%20In...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thru-hiking with a 3 month old baby?
November 18, 11:50am

Re: Bear canister
Float for scuba diving/river crossings Rainwater collector when used with rope off the side of the tarp trick Soaking injured foot/hand in hot saltwater If you paint it black or it is blac...

In Multiple Use Gear » a bear canister
November 15, 8:53am

Re: Re: Dan and Jeff's Ultra + Neoair + MB UL Sleep System
Just finished a great overnighter with my new ultra 20 golite long and wanted to report my experience to this thread. My set up was slightly different, but not too far off. I was using: 1) ...

In GEAR » Golite Ultra 20 and Nunatak Skaha Combo?
November 14, 4:32pm

JMT Photos
Wow Brian! Inspirational!

In Photo Gallery » JMT-
November 10, 5:22pm

Couples sleeping bags
"Finally, some couples like to use two person quilts such as the Nunatak backcountry blanket. If a couple sleep close together, say spooned, they should be comfortable in temperatures which a...

In GEAR » What degree sleeping bag do you need?
November 09, 12:37pm

Isobutene “cold” performance
What kind of stove is it? If it has a preheating tube, you can invert the canister. This has been approved by at least my stove (primus omnifuel) manufacturers literature.

In GEAR » Isobutene “cold” performance
November 04, 12:58pm

Ax for Mora
Hi Mike, I am in mn too, and I also like having fires and using my little gasifying wood burning stove. Instead of using an axe a light weight option for splitting wood is to buy a Mora knife an...

In Gear Lists » My 3 season gear
November 03, 10:05am

All Reader Reviews by James Landro

James Landro has posted no reviews.