BPL Community Profile

Jason Elsworth (jephoto) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Jason Elsworth has not added a biography yet.
CityWellington
CountryNew Zealand
My Website URLhttp://www.jasonelsworth.co.nz

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Elsworth

Showing 521 - 530 of 903 | Page: 1 ...44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ...91

Forum » Thread

Cyanocitta - Quilt versus mummy sleeping bags
Hi Javan, How does the Cyanocitta do for side sleepers. I tend to sleep either on my side foetal position or on my stomach in a Tarot Hanged Man sort of deal (but with my foot of my bent leg not...

In GEAR » Quilt versus mummy sleeping bags
June 18, 6:39pm

Gorilla Shoulder Strap Mod
I think GG offers skinnier straps. I'd call Grant and see what he would charge you to retrofit your pack. Probably not much. I do remember someone on BPL having something done by GG.

In Make Your Own Gear » Gorilla Shoulder Strap Mod
June 17, 5:08pm

Gorilla Shoulder Strap Mod
I ended up just cutting a shape in the padding and was happy with this in the end. The pipe padding thing just didn't work for me. However, I still need to use a collared base layer or shirt wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gorilla Shoulder Strap Mod
June 17, 4:43pm

Shelter Help: HMG Echo II Shelter or others
If you were to go with the MLD DuoMid you would have no problems getting you and your wife and your dog inside of it I think it would be very cramped.

In GEAR » Shelter Help: HMG Echo II Shelter or others
June 17, 4:39pm

How do you attach your quilt to your pad?
I do use straps with my JRB No Sniv, but around my body rather than around the mat. Shock cord has worked much better than non stretchy webbing. It all gets a bit fiddly, but after a few nights you...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do you attach your quilt to your pad?
June 16, 7:36pm

MLD speedmid.
So are you suppose to use a pole extension with the speedmid. Depends on how long your trekking pole is:) You could perhaps experiment by placing something under the base end and see if this ma...

In GEAR » MLD speedmid.
June 15, 12:53am

MLD speedmid.
I would also experiment with pole height, as I found this critical when pitching my Duomid.

In GEAR » MLD speedmid.
June 14, 3:08pm

How to dry out wet socks in the backcountry?
I just wring them out as much as possible and hang them under my trap some where. I dry my feet and put dry sleeping socks on as soon as I stop for the day. I have found that sleeping in socks that...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to dry out wet socks in the backcountry?
June 13, 6:31pm

Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale
I think everything gets listed when I am asleep here down under :((

In Gear Swap » Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale
June 10, 8:18pm

Cricket door, camp stool, just because....
Hi Doug, Do you think it would be possible to make a door rain skirt multiple use item? Or do the shapes and sizes just not match up? How does pitching the cricket low compare to the coverage...

In GEAR » Cricket door, camp stool, just because....
June 07, 5:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Jason Elsworth

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
Arrived quickly all the way to New Zealand and looks very well made.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 16, 4:11am