Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 521 - 530 of 767 | Page: 1 ...44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ...77

Forum » Thread

Re: Montbell Alpine Light Down Parka
I would vote for medium. I am 6'1" 150 and I ordered a medium Alpine Light online. A year later I went to try on the parka at a store and a small was too tight in the chest when my arms we...

In GEAR » Montbell Alpine Light Down Parka
October 18, 11:09am

Re: Goretex How cold and snowy does it need to be?
Boots are worth it for the traction alone. I don't use mesh trail runners below 40 degrees, but that is just me. If there is snow, it better be a 60 degree spring day :)

In GEAR » Goretex How cold and snowy does it need to be?
October 16, 7:04pm

Re: Need help finding a bomber daypack.
I can't tell you what to get, but I can say that both of my Ospreys have been crap. Broke the frame on both of them and tore up the fabric on the first one. Comfy though....

In GEAR » Need help finding a bomber daypack.
October 15, 4:31pm

Re: Pack
I was in the same situation a few years ago. I had a ULA Catalyst that I bought for week long hikes with a bear can or carrying 6 liters of water. Then I started doing 2 and 3 day trips and I found...

In GEAR » Pack
October 10, 6:55pm

Re: Tarp in Snow?
I wouldn't recommend it with a traditional flat or even cat cut tarp. You get too much powder that blows in and covers everything. If you can batten down the hatches, like with a 'Mid or a ...

In GEAR » Tarp in Snow?
October 10, 3:49pm

Re: Tarp
Mocs knows how to do it! If you get a Contrail, you are pretty much stuck inside it, unless you brave the bugs and sleep with no shelter at all. With a bivy (or bug shelter) and a tarp, you get ver...

In GEAR » which tarp should i get? :)
October 08, 6:33pm

Re: which tarp should i get? :)
For the south? You'll want to closest thing to a tarp that you can get, since it'll get wet from the humidity. The simpler the tarp, the easier to pack up when wet and dry out later. The me...

In GEAR » which tarp should i get? :)
October 08, 12:02am

Backpacks with hipbelt pockets?
What were some of the first packs to make use of hipbelt pockets? The first I ever *noticed* was ULA or maybe SMD. Then it caught like wildfire after that and almost all pack makers use them no...

In GEAR » Backpacks with hipbelt pockets?
October 07, 7:18pm

Re: Z-pad and Conduit
I use an old 3/4 Thermarest Guidelite, it's the predecessor of the 1.5" thick ultalight model, whatever they call it these days. My 3/4 GG Nightlight is also a little too long, but it&#...

In GEAR » Z-pad and Conduit
October 06, 10:25pm

I tried to get a short to bend properly in REI, but I couldn't get it to fold up properly. From what I hear, it was designed for use with a 3/4 self inflater.

In GEAR » Z-pad and Conduit
October 06, 10:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm