Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 521 - 530 of 720 | Page: 1 ...44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ...72

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Packing Double Rainbow
I have a Rainbow. I bought a small silny stuff sack and I put just the Rainbow in there. I keep the groundsheet, stakes, and poles in the mesh pocket of my pack.

In GEAR » Packing Double Rainbow
June 26, 11:44pm

Re: Patagonia Capilene 30% Off @ REI
They also have 30% off on all REI cookware, including their very nice line of titanium. I almost bought one, but it's still expensive for a cook pot that saves like 2oz.

In Gear Deals » Patagonia Capilene 30% Off @ REI
June 26, 9:59pm

Re: Re: Hiking the JMT with a frameless pack??
It's not just the weight, but a BV500 carries very awkward in a Conduit since it's a pretty dense cylinder of weight that is extremely rigid. Give it a go for a 20 mile day hike and see ...

In GEAR » Hiking the JMT with a frameless pack??
June 26, 9:16pm

Re: Stewing in your own juices
I HIGHLY recommend UnderArmor Heat Gear. It's basically the same thing as wearing nothing at all, but you still get the sun protection. It's kind of rubbery and does get a bit of a funk, bu...

In GEAR » Stewing in your own juices
June 26, 7:38pm

Re: Loft of WM Summerlite
Sorry if this is too offtopic, but this prompted me to go to Hermits Hut to see if they had an Summerlites in stock, since they do the free overfill. They don't list it as a option though. Is t...

In GEAR » Loft of WM Summerlite
June 23, 9:57pm

Re: ReRe: Common ground
Meh, with topics like this, a lot of people may get the impression that the grommets on Equinox silny tarps will fail based on speculation. I just wanted to put some facts out there. I know I appre...

In GEAR » How are the Equinox tarps?
June 06, 12:38pm

Re: Re:Equinox
>Apparently a lot of people who actually backpack will dismiss a tarp with grommets, too. I guess I should have said a lot of people who have never used the Equinox tarp for long term will d...

June 06, 9:54am

Re: Minimum Air Temps on JMT in Late Sept
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/staInfo.html Have fun

In GEAR » Minimum Air Temps on JMT in Late Sept
June 05, 7:32pm

Re: How are the Equinox tarps?
For a flat tarp, they are pretty good. A lot of armchair hikers will dismiss a tarp with grommets, but they regularly survice thru hikers. I pitched mine tight as a drum for years and they showed n...

June 04, 10:40pm

Re: event down sleeping bag
Forget the bivy and event shell all together. Any DWR shell should be able to handle anything that gets by a tarptent. If you are getting massive condensation, you are probably pitching the tarpten...

In GEAR » event down sleeping bag
May 31, 6:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm