Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 521 - 530 of 711 | Page: 1 ...44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ...72

Forum » Thread

Re: event down sleeping bag
Forget the bivy and event shell all together. Any DWR shell should be able to handle anything that gets by a tarptent. If you are getting massive condensation, you are probably pitching the tarpten...

In GEAR » event down sleeping bag
May 31, 6:20pm

Re: Re: Re: ULA Conduit users - what pad to use
It does not even come close to making a frame. Even the various foam pads I've tried don't really make good frames. They just give padding and a bit of shape. Back that sucker tight for rig...

In GEAR » ULA Conduit users - what pad to use
May 30, 8:51pm

Re: Re: re: "ULA Conduit users - what pad to use"
I just tried a really old 48" Thermarest folded in quarters. It was perfect, other the weighing 22oz. Switching it for a Prolite 3 short would get it down to 11oz, 3oz more than my NightLight....

May 29, 10:30pm

Re: Rainier
Well, you listed a water resistant bivy bag but also a tent (that you will likely split). Why not just go with waterproof a bivy bag? Either way, beats that nasty shelter. Another idea might ...

In GEAR » Rainier Climbing List
May 29, 8:37pm

Re: Dyneema
Yup, the ULA and MLD colors are what prompted my questions here. I also like the light blue used on GoLite packs. So, does MLD get Momentum from AYCE?

In Make Your Own Gear » Momentum and Dyneema - other than thru-hiker?
May 29, 8:11pm

Re: Rainier Climbing List
What route? What are your thoughts on a bivy bag?

In GEAR » Rainier Climbing List
May 29, 7:13pm

Re: Jam vs. Pinnacle - again
I'm sure it's subjective, but I imagine the reasons are the same for any gear manufacturer lying; their competitors may exaggerate their specs so they do too. This is especially common with...

In GEAR » Jam vs. Pinnacle - again
May 28, 10:52pm

Re: UL Pack = Wet Back ?
I have a couple of ideas. The first one would add a bit of weight. Cut out the backpanel, sew in some 3D mesh fabric, and then add a thin foam pad that isn't too warm and something that would s...

In GEAR » UL Pack = Wet Back ?
May 28, 10:18pm

Re: ULA Conduit users - what pad to use
Yup, it has the diagonal pieces of webbing on the top. Not only does the Nightlite take up too much room, but it also is too wide when folded in quaters, so it takes on a half moon shape and you...

May 28, 9:59pm

ULA Conduit users - what pad to use
I just got a 2008 Conduit and I can't figure out what pad it was designed for. What pad do you use and how do you use it in the pack? My GG Nightlite 3/4 when folded in half twice seems a li...

May 28, 8:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm