BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 521 - 530 of 548 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Forum » Thread

Re: re Newbie Guadalupe peak Tarp\bivy or Tent
I have a rainbow and as much as I like it, I would not take it into heavy Texas winds. I used a Mountain Hardware ripoff of the Clip Flashlight and it barely made it through the beating we got at p...

In Gear Lists » Newbie Guadalupe peak Tarp\bivy or Tent
October 05, 10:49pm

shelter
I've backpacked year round in the Appalachians for 5 years and I never got a mosquito bite. The mosquitos in the Sierra are biblical. You will literally go insane without protection from them. ...

In GEAR » JMT shelter
October 05, 8:06am

oware
The Oware Cat 1.1 is 8.5 ft long and the width tapers from 5.4 to 4.4 ft. I'm really having trouble believeing that is too big of a footprint, but the reviewer said it was too large. The weight...

In GEAR » Which solo caternary cut tarp?
October 04, 9:08pm

Which solo caternary cut tarp?
Does anyone have any input on which tarp would be best for me? I'm mainly buying it for use in the Sierra around treeline, plus or minus 1000 ft. I'll be using a Ti Goat bivy for the most p...

In GEAR » Which solo caternary cut tarp?
October 04, 8:38pm

I justify things other than weight. It's easy to get fuel during town stops. There are no parts to break. I can choose how much fuel to bring (unlike with canisters). I can also refill the fuel...

In GEAR » Justify Alcohol Stove Total Weight?
October 04, 2:05pm

I love tarping and I have used my Equinox 8x10 in some pretty windy places, but I am not confident enough to take it up to Guadalupe peak. Surprisingly, many of the sites in the park are sheltered ...

In Gear Lists » Newbie Guadalupe peak Tarp\bivy or Tent
October 03, 8:02pm

You guys shoulc check out Walking It Off, written by the inspiration from GW Hayduke. It's a great insight to Abbey. I do believe they mention the fact that he frequently tosses beer cans out t...

In Chaff » Edward Abbey- Desert Solitaire
October 03, 7:58pm

Re: Re: JMT Thru
I resupplied at VVR and I liked it. IMO, it will be cheaper to resupply at MTR *if* all you need is a resupply. If you stop at VVR, it'll probably be $40+ in ferry/mail fees alone. Unless you r...

In Post-Trip Reports » My JMT thru
October 02, 9:01pm

nido
Another vote for Nido. I tried it on a tip that said it has a lot of fat and it's a good way to add a few pounds before a long trip.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best powdered milk?
October 01, 9:12pm

Re: Re: Patagonia hoodini added
I know, I'd pay more than that for a medium!

In Gear Swap » FS: TarpTent, Vapr side zip bivy, GG pack, GoLite, UL60, GG poles and more
September 29, 9:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm