Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 521 - 530 of 691 | Page: 1 ...44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ...70

Forum » Thread

Re: location
Yeah, that's important info! I've never been in grizz country so I can't give advice. If I were traveling in grizz country, I would cook in one set and sleep in another. Not fool pro...

In GEAR » Bears: What to do with the clothes you cook in
May 09, 5:46pm

Re: Bears: What to do with the clothes you cook in
Where are you hiking?

In GEAR » Bears: What to do with the clothes you cook in
May 09, 5:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Question on an area in High Sierras
I'm not nitpicking, but there are rangers that post there that might. Anyways, you can ask about any obscure drainage, creek, basin, peak, etc. Someone there has probably done it. This place...

In GEAR » Question on an area in High Sierras
May 09, 5:35pm

Re: Question on an area in High Sierras
I would ask on High Sierra Topix about the route, but not the time frame. Might want to leave out the fact that you will illegally "overnight" in the Muir Hut.

In GEAR » Question on an area in High Sierras
May 09, 4:11pm

Re: light, cheap cozy
A padded mailer works nicely too. Doubles as a butt pad if you get a big one. I've always used my hat for dehydated food in a bag (Enertia trail foods...freeze dried maybe?) or a blue foam o...

In GEAR » Our Lightest Cozy Yet
May 09, 2:01pm

Re: sierra summer gear list advice
Can you make it public?

In Gear Lists » sierra summer gear list advice
May 08, 11:34pm

Re: Re: aluminum sheet
Did McMaster Carr not have it in stock?

In Make Your Own Gear » seeking 7000 series aluminum
May 08, 10:08pm

Re: Re: Gaiters strictly for debris protection?
I second the dirty girl gaiters. Keep in mind that if you have trail runners or running shoes that have any sort of mesh, the insides will get dirty anyways but the gaiters might help some.

In GEAR » Gaiters strictly for debris protection?
May 08, 6:18am

Re: GoLite Pinnacle vs. ULA Catalyst
Aren't they in totally different classes? The ULA having a frame that can haul 40 lbs, where as the Pinnacle is framless and can carry about half that, correct? Anyways, I have no experience...

In GEAR » GoLite Pinnacle vs. ULA Catalyst
May 07, 4:59pm

Re: How can I become a hiking 'professional'?
I wouldn't recommend it. I can only speak for myself, but it's not as fun when you do it for a living. I tried, but found that I enjoyed having a career a lot more. I now enjoy my trips a l...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How can I become a hiking 'professional'?
May 05, 6:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm