BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 521 - 530 of 569 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Forum » Thread

Re: aluminum pots and health
If you use anti-perspirant, this is a moot point.

In GEAR » aluminum pots and health
November 20, 11:06pm

Re: Why light colors?
If you are climbing in good weather, you won't need a baselayer to keep you warm. You'll want it to keep the sun off of you and to wick sweat away. Hauling a 50 pound pack uphill on a snowf...

In GEAR » Why light colors?
November 18, 5:46pm

Re: Re: Vibram soled trail runners?
I can't believe I am going to say this, but those North Face Prophecy shoes look perfect. I'll look into Vasque if the TNF shoes don't work. It looks like the Vasques with the Vibram...

In GEAR » Vibram soled trail runners?
November 10, 6:29pm

It's a medium Alpine Light. The arms are nice and long. Keep in mind that it is a down jacket so it's not cut like a rain jacket. It doesn't have a drop tail back, but it's just fin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Which apparel makers are recommended for tall, skinny body types?
November 08, 10:17pm

tall clothing
I've also found that most US companies size their clothing for short/fat people. Patagonia is the worst, but I still buy their Capilene and ignore the short sleeves and hemlines. Mountain Hardw...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Which apparel makers are recommended for tall, skinny body types?
November 08, 9:43pm

Vibram soled trail runners?
Does anyone know of a pair of trail runners with Vibram soles? I really like the comfort of trail runners, but all the ones I have tried have very poor traction. I'm looking for something that ...

In GEAR » Vibram soled trail runners?
November 08, 7:40pm

Silny vs Spinnaker tarps
I've been using an Equinox silny tarp for 5 years and it's time to get a smaller one man catenary cut tarp, probably from Oware or MLD. I'm debating between silny and spinnaker. Cube...

In GEAR » Silny vs Spinnaker tarps
November 03, 9:02pm

Re: Montbell Alpine Light Jacket?
That is quite a range. For me, I can hang around at camp in a baselayer under it to about 35*. If I was going to do some serious camp lounging, I would want the baffled Alpine or something from FF ...

In GEAR » Montbell Alpine Light Jacket?
November 03, 6:39pm

Re: Re: Re:
Seam sealer also adds strength to the sewn joints. Personally, I wouldn't trust watertight threads.

In GEAR » Hey Ben2World......
October 28, 5:43pm

Re: Re: :)
New gear is ALWAYS a good reason to add one more trip to the season. There is still time!

In GEAR » Hey Ben2World......
October 27, 8:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm