Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 521 - 530 of 737 | Page: 1 ...44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ...74

Forum » Thread

Re: Hats?
For glaciers and snow, I highly recommend the OR Sunrunner.

In GEAR » Hats?
September 07, 11:21am

I'd love to know the answer to this as well. So far, I have tried a small, basic canister stove in warm weather for melting snow and it took forever. I'm reluctant to try a more complex sto...

In GEAR » Stove for melting snow in a tent!! (or vestibule)
September 05, 8:58pm

Does Bluff Mountain Outfitters in Hot Springs NC not carry them anymore? I bought my Catalyst there a few years ago during one of the many ULA downtimes. I think it was one of the last ones in the ...

In GEAR » Where to buy ULA Circuit?
September 03, 6:44pm

Re: Rain jacket for the tall?
RAB or anyone with a climber cut. The front will be short, but the back and arms are plenty long.

In GEAR » Rain jacket for the tall?
September 02, 10:21pm

Re: Any suggestions on a lightweight large volume backpack ??
Hauling 30+ lbs in comfort but a Conduit (17oz!) is too heavy? Have fun with that. You'll really want a framed back for that sort of weight. The Ohm would probably be right up your alley fo...

In GEAR » Any suggestions on a lightweight large volume backpack ??
September 01, 6:10pm

Re: Rab in the USA
Nice to see they are in the US. I was afraid I would have to send my Drillium to the UK when it delaminated. Luckily Prolite Gear stepped in and gave me a new one.

In GEAR » Rab in the USA
September 01, 6:08pm

TNF often has long sizes, which translates to 34 inseam. I know Marmot does too. I bet most brands carry longs, actually.

In GEAR » Tall and skinny winter pants?
August 31, 10:44pm

Pretty much any pants should work. You'll have to decide on materials, layering, etc first. I am 6'1" 155lbs and I can fit into some regular pants. REI 34 length pants fit great, as do...

In GEAR » Tall and skinny winter pants?
August 31, 9:28pm

Re: Tarp/bivvy in extended rain
I have no idea. If I am only carrying a tarp and bivy, it's because I am trying to cut weight so I can hike all day. By the time I hit camp, I set up the tarp and fall asleep. If I am planni...

In GEAR » Tarp/bivvy in extended rain
August 28, 10:39pm

Re: bump
I have not used one, but I got to look over one in spectralite. It is a very specialized tarp. You have some adjustment in terms of height/width, but that is about it. If you want versatility, go w...

In GEAR » Patrol Shelter Pitching Options?
July 05, 10:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm