BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 521 - 530 of 597 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Forum » Thread

As for tarp size, a larger one will catch more wind, sag more, and need more supports/guyouts. It also limits the camp sites you can choose. Not by much, but I'd often pass quite a few sites th...

In GEAR » Considering the switch to tarp/bivy
December 21, 10:36pm

I am going for the tarp/bivy combo for my PCT hikes next summer. Here are some thoughts..... Get a cat cut tarp. I'd rather not explain it, but trust me, don't get a flat tarp. Other sha...

In GEAR » Considering the switch to tarp/bivy
December 21, 10:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Whats the weight/cost of convienince?
Okay, that is very true. I would say that is the majority of the marketing. However, there is plenty of marketing for the UL cause as well.

In GEAR » Whats the weight/cost of convienince?
December 21, 4:13pm

Re: Re: Whats the weight/cost of convienince?
With backpacking gear, I usually don't factor in cost unless it's something ridiculously expensive. I use all my gear enough to make it worth while. While I try to keep my carry weights ...

In GEAR » Whats the weight/cost of convienince?
December 21, 3:57pm

Re: GG
Tougher material and probably a beefier hipbelt. Sort of like the difference between the Mariposa and Mariposa Plus.

In GEAR » GG Prototype
December 19, 5:15pm

I don't think Osprey has used mesh for pockets in their packs for a few years now. Well, other than back pad "pockets" and hipbelt pockets. And being that mesh is filled with holes...

In GEAR » New ULA Circuit 2009
December 18, 6:08pm

I'm taking a mountaineering class later this year, but I can easily see myself filling my 5500ci Greogry Shasta. Big sleeping bag, thick pad, down booties, down belay jacket, lots of layers, a ...

In GEAR » 6000cubic inch bag
December 17, 8:15pm

Re: Re: 2009 ULA Conduit photos
Thanks for posting those! That clears things up quite a bit. Looks like I'll be $125 and a 20 oz lighter this summer.

In GEAR » New ULA Circuit 2009
December 15, 10:40pm

Re: Re: GoLite trail shoes
From what I understand, a few gurus at Timberland had some great ideas, but marketing said they would never sell as Timberlands. Hence the made them under the Golite brand. Well, the quliaty blew a...

In GEAR » GoLite trail shoes
December 14, 5:12pm

Re: GoLite trail shoes
The ones on sale are probably Timerbland era shoes. I would wait until some full priced models come out. The Timberand ones had horrible quality problems.

In GEAR » GoLite trail shoes
December 14, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm