BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 521 - 530 of 534 | Page: 1 ...35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Forum » Thread

Gear list for January
Bill: I'll give them to you for free as soon as I can get them out of storage (in a week or two). My favorite things in the Universe are good ideas, and if my White Elephant pants will spark som...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for a Mid-January AT Start
October 21, 8:15am

Gear list for January
Bill: I own a pair, but the fabric is so heavy and the down must be about 500 fill, so I've never used them in the field. Incidentally, in order to become a bag, the garment must be longer th...

October 21, 2:28am

Gear list for January
Bill, you might be interested in a pair of down pants that REI stopped making decades ago but they convert to a sleeping bag bottom: the leg zippers are on the INSIDE of the legs. As you sit looki...

October 20, 10:40pm

Re: Intimate details
Are you saying Ryan Jordon is gay? Not that there is anything wrong with that. What is his favorite type of man?

In Chaff » Intimate Details
October 14, 1:24pm

Re: Europa tent
Could you improve the front guyline problem with the following? Before installing the front pole, tie a spectra cord firmly to the front pole near the spike end, thread the cord up through the gro...

In Editor's Roundtable » Six Moon Designs Europa Tent REVIEW
October 12, 6:58pm

Re: titanium trowel / shovel
A Ti "large grain shovel, handle not included" is for sale for $39.95 at www.materials.com. Does anyone know how to build, buy or steal a handle that would go with the blade?

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Pottery Trowel for your SUL gear list
October 11, 6:09pm

Re: Winter tent stakes
Oh, I forgot to mention, when you make your kids sit outside and hold the guylines, you first must duct tape their mouths shut. Otherwise, all you will hear all night is, "Daddy, can we come in now...

In Winter Hiking » Winter tent stakes
October 05, 9:36pm

Re: Snow anchors
I use the same system as Ryan Hutchins. From the very start of my trip I look for dead twigs 5 or 6 inches long, and take them with me. The key is to not tie the guyline to the twig, just loop aro...

In Winter Hiking » Winter tent stakes
October 04, 10:31pm

Re: Titanium spoon
Would it be feasible for BPL to expand the size of its spoon, and offer a titanium snow shovel? I'm sure the readers of this forum know far better than I do what a life-saving piece of gear a snow...

In GEAR » SUL Long Handled Titanium Spoon
October 04, 9:49pm

Re: Sleeping with food
I was referring to the petrified wood I take in my pack for food. Real backpackers are REAL tough.

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping with food
October 01, 5:00pm

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm