Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John G (JohnG10) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic via Upstate NY
About Me John G has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John G

Showing 521 - 530 of 601 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

Forum » Thread

POE R-values
The two R-values for POE pads are for the outer tubes (higer one) versus all the inner tubes (lower one). POE uses the "reduced airflow between the tubes" as part of it's R-value cal...

In GEAR » Pacific Outdoor Equipment Ether Thermo 6
March 26, 11:20am

Bathtub floor
I like a bathtub floor - just because I roll around and I feel a 4-5" high wall helps keeps my bag from getting wet from the vegetation (&/or ground) on the other side of the mesh. (I usa...

In GEAR » Anyone try the new SMD Refuge yet?
March 25, 7:21pm

Pole heights
I'm 5'8" and like mine adjusted to 125cm. The classic length is the where your forearms are parallel to the ground (ie: measure elbow to floor, and add the height of your hand plus ...

In GEAR » Komperdell Featherlites
March 24, 4:52pm

Pit Zips Good or Hype ?
I've read that pit zips are not that effective and just extra weight. Most of the comments seem to be based on having an open bottom hem on the jacket, or the ability to open the entire front o...

In GEAR » Pit Zips Good or Hype ?
March 23, 7:15pm

Sierra Designs Stretch Series
REI looks like they are carrying Sierra Design's Stretch bags (which appear to be a copy of the Mont Bell bags). Has anyone seen or tried them ? Are they a good copy ? Thanks.

In GEAR » Fill weight and temp rating: Western Mountaineering vs. Montbell UL SS
March 22, 3:56pm

Stove vs Wind
I just got back from using my gigapower during a windy 2 day mini-trip with the kids during their spring break. The wind gusts only felt "medium", and didn't cause any tent deflection...

In GEAR » Stove vs Wind
March 21, 8:01am

Toe-In
There has to be toe-in since the length to go from corner-stake, up and over the pole tip, to corner-stake must always be longer than just going straight from corner-stake to corner-stake. The t...

In GEAR » Help my half-pyramid pitch
March 15, 7:17pm

Down warmth
Hi Ben, For practical purposes, Yes - with Down: Loft equals warmth. 600 versus 800 weight down only effects the weight of the bag if the two bags have equal lofts in inches. (For "theore...

In GEAR » Climashield vs. Polarguard
March 15, 4:49pm

Down warmth
Thomas & Ben, There seems to be some confusion about down fill ratings vs warmth... Warmth for a down bag boils down to warmth per inch of loft only because the feathers used in all down ba...

In GEAR » Climashield vs. Polarguard
March 15, 2:10pm

TT Rainshadow vs SMD Lunar Duo
Can someone familiar with the Tarptent Rainshadow and Six Moon Designs Lunar Duo answer some questions for me ? 1. Which has more interior room for 2 adults to move around when changing cloths, ...

In GEAR » TT Rainshadow vs SMD Lunar Duo
March 12, 10:56am

All Reader Reviews by John G

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wenger Esquire
I was looking for something a little bigger than my Victorinox Classic (2.25") knife. The Wenger Esquire has essentially the same tools, but is 1/3 of an inch longer, about 3/32" wider and ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 07, 7:05pm