Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5151 - 5160 of 7598 | Page: 1 ...507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ...760

Forum » Thread

Re: canister
Safely? It holds 550ml(18oz) full to the brim. Most packaged dinners use 2 cups/16oz water, so you have a little extra room. It will hold a Snow Peak 110g cartridge and my Coleman F-1 stove with th...

In Gear Swap » Brasslite 550 Ti Pot and Caldera Cone
January 21, 12:44am

Re: esbit?
The designers of the Caldera Cone offer a small titanium holder to use Esbit fuel. You could use a small cat food can and get close to the same. It is not included with my offer. http://www.tra...

In Gear Swap » Brasslite 550 Ti Pot and Caldera Cone
January 20, 11:51pm

Black diamond Approach Flick-lock Trekking Poles **SOLD**
**SOLD** I got some new poles today so I am selling my Black Diamond Approach poles. They are aluminum and have flick-locks for the top lock and binary locks for the lower section. Binary lack...

In Gear Swap » Black diamond Approach Flick-lock Trekking Poles
January 20, 8:48pm

Re: Galen Rowell, John Shaw, Ansel Adams
All you need to know about Rowell is in his images. Awesome, in the true meaning of the word.

In Photography » Good books on nature photography
January 20, 8:01pm

Re: Good books on nature photography
I have something like 125 credit hours in photography. I've seen a LOT of photo instruction books and IMHO, photo books are generally useless unless you want to cover the absolute basics. Go to...

In Photography » Good books on nature photography
January 20, 1:49pm

Easton ATR 60 trekking poles?
I found the Easton ATR 60 trekking poles listed at Campmor for $50. Anybody use them? They look like good-and-simple aluminum poles with flick locks. 19.7 oz per pair http://www.campmor.com/out...

In GEAR » Easton ATR 60 trekking poles?
January 20, 11:54am

Re: Re: Tiny digital scale
Yeah, $11 doesn't buy lab/engineering/industrial grade stuff. I have been surprised by how well the cheap digital scales do work.

In GEAR » Tiny digital scale
January 20, 10:42am

Re: Things I've Learned While Making My Own Gear
You can start simple and work you way up too. Make a stuff sack or a fanny pack, or your own take on a Flash 18 pack.

In Make Your Own Gear » Things I've Learned While Making My Own Gear
January 20, 9:53am

Re: Re: PCT / summer backpacking list -- input appreciated
Re: stoves. Consider a Caldera Cone, which is compatible with your pot I think (see http://www.traildesigns.com/stoves/caldera-cone-system). With the larger pot it will give you good fuel yield and...

In Gear Lists » PCT / summer backpacking list -- input appreciated
January 20, 9:31am

Tiny digital scale
I have been using a Digiweigh 35 pound digital scale for most my UL gear and it has worked well. It will weigh within 0.1oz, but that is usually more like 0.2oz for general use. When comparing smal...

In GEAR » Tiny digital scale
January 20, 9:05am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.