Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5151 - 5160 of 7563 | Page: 1 ...507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ...757

Forum » Thread

Re: Using AM Frontier Pro with .5L or 1.0L wide mouth Nalgene?
I think the MSR 3-in-1 adapter will do it: http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/water-treatment-and-hydration/water-treatment-and-hydration-accessories/3-in-1-cap/product The trick is to get the water ...

In GEAR » Using AM Frontier Pro with .5L or 1.0L wide mouth Nalgene?
January 15, 7:35pm

Re: rock bag recommendations
Tie a rock on naked, or use a chunk of light plastic bag or a small bit of cloth. It doesn't need to be a *bag*. If it gets too big it will hang up or have a lot of wind resistance. Then again,...

In GEAR » rock bag recommendations
January 15, 5:13pm

Re: Anyone move away from Water Bladders?
I have so many bladders, bottles and contraptions! Bladders are expensive, hard to clean and dry, the bite valves drip and there is the possibility of having one leak in your pack. But the rea...

In GEAR » Anyone move away from Water Bladders?
January 15, 3:11pm

Re: Using down clothing to uprate a sleeping bag
Interesting question-- lots of variables. As noted above there are compression issues. You do get the added layers of shell and lining along with the down. I wonder what happens moisture-wise? ...

In GEAR » Using down clothing to uprate a sleeping bag
January 15, 1:35pm

Lowepro TLZ-1 DSLR case and Long Lens case **SOLD**
All sold, thanks! **SOLD** TLZ-1 DSLR case. Adjustable internal platform keeps the end of your lens from banging on the bottom. Comes with wide shoulder strap. 12.5oz on my scale. In perfect c...

In Gear Swap » Lowepro TLZ-1 DSLR case and Long Lens case
January 15, 1:29pm

Re: TNF shirt pic?
Pretty much the adventure/travel shirt style with chest pockets and a small pocket on the LH sleeve. Women's large, beige nylon with grid, 24" across the armpits, 32" from the bas...

In Gear Swap » Closet cleanout: Men's Large and XL CLothing
January 15, 12:57pm

Re: Re: "The initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?"
The journey is the reward. --- Chinese proverb

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
January 15, 9:51am

Re: Gossamer gear thinlight 1/8"
I have some thin blue foam that I can cut to any size you like. Let me know the size and I'll get a weight and cost with shipping for you. It is closed cell EVA, 3/16" (5mm) thick, and ...

In Gear Swap » Gossamer gear thinlight 1/8"
January 14, 11:07pm

Re: Re:Royal Robbins nylon button-down shirt,
Much like the Ex Officio shirts-- button tab to keep the rolled sleeves up, velcro tabs on the pockets, vented back cowl with mesh liner, hidden buttons under the collar points. The fabric is a fai...

January 14, 6:11pm

Re: Relation to Joseph Wambaugh?
My father's first cousin.

January 14, 5:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.