Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5151 - 5160 of 8135 | Page: 1 ...507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ...814

Forum » Thread

Re: Top quality backpacking w/in 6hrs of Portland OR?
You can drive to the Canadian border in that much time, so you have your pick of the Washington Cascades, Olympic National Park, Mount Rainier National Park, or North Cascades National Park. http:/...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Top quality backpacking w/in 6hrs of Portland OR?
June 05, 9:04pm

Re: 70s during the day, mid-40s to low-50s during the night
Overkill? Hardly. The location/region and weather variability come into play too and I carry a similar kit for that reason. There is no more than one extra layer really. I find mid layers reall...

In Gear Lists » 70s during the day, mid-40s to low-50s during the night
June 05, 8:31pm

Re: Re: Rogers new Avatar!
"Mick Jagger in the '80 Olympics Cross Country - gold medal round!" Ahhh, Gimme Shelter, eh? "Oh, a storm is threat'ning My very life today If I don't get some sh...

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
June 05, 8:13pm

Re: Where do you secure your button compass?
Thoughts? I would at least get a simple baseplate compass like a Suunto A10 and give yourself a fighting chance at getting un-lost or not getting lost in the first place! $14.50 and 0.9oz seems ...

In GEAR » Where do you secure your button compass?
June 05, 8:08pm

Re: What kind of spider is this?
Compare it to the ant mimic spider: http://nathistoc.bio.uci.edu/spiders/Castianeira.htm

In Chaff » What kind of spider is this?
June 05, 7:31pm

Re: Re: Should I upgrade?
My first impression is, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." But it seems you are looking for more. I think upgrading to a camera with a larger CMOS sensor will give better colo...

In Photography » Should I upgrade?
June 04, 8:34am

Re: Sleeping clothes
I typically use a silkweight long sleeve top and add long johns for colder weather, so I have them available for sleep, along with my spare socks. It would be a heavy luxury to have a whole spare s...

In GEAR » Sleeping clothes
June 03, 9:22pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » Outdoor Research Palisades Full Zip Rain Pants Womens Large
June 03, 6:06pm

Hiker rescued in WA near Spider Gap
WENATCHEE, Wash. -- The Chelan County sheriff's office is deciding how to rescue a snowshoe hiker stuck on rocks and threatened by avalanches near Stevens Pass in Washington's North Cascade...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker rescued in WA near Spider Gap
June 02, 7:19pm

Re: Poncho Tarps. Questions
1) which poncho tarp do you think is the one I should go with? I know some of you (as I am doing) end up buying a few different options then trading/selling, so I'm thinking people probably kno...

In GEAR » Poncho Tarps. Questions
June 01, 11:13am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.