Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5151 - 5160 of 7830 | Page: 1 ...507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ...783

Forum » Thread

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Gerber Recon LED Multi-color AA Flashlight
March 10, 9:10pm

FS: Marmot Men's Heavy Duty Gore-Tex Jacket, Large **SPF**
**Sold pending funds** I have a Marmot Vinson model Gore-Tex jacket, mens size large, dark gray over light gray (warm grays). Has inner zipper to zip in a fleece liner, pit zips, high mounted po...

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Men's Heavy Duty Gore-Tex Jacket, Large
March 10, 4:49pm

FS: Swiss Army Knives **ALL SOLD**
**All sold** I'm selling a couple of my Swiss Army knives. In perfect condition, clean, sharp and ready to use. Prices include shipping to US addresses and PayPal fees. **Sold** Swiss Arm...

In Gear Swap » FS: Swiss Army Knives
March 10, 12:17pm

Re: Hike in heavily wooded areas - rely on sticks for shelter supports?
You will see photos here and there in the forums with shelters pitched with sticks, most commonly with one added for tweaking the side of a shelter, etc. If you are in wooded areas with a reliab...

In GEAR » Hike in heavily wooded areas - rely on sticks for shelter supports?
March 10, 10:41am

Re: Light and slow!
"Youth is wasted on the young" --- George Bernard Shaw You have some related sports is all. Some like trail running or adventure racing, or their own version of it. Some are out for a ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why so fast?
March 10, 9:17am

Re: plug Platypus directly into filter
"Pop off the bite valve, plug in the hose to the filter outlet and pump. No getting your platy out of the pack. No contamination worries. No spilling." Katadyn sells quick-connect adap...

In Philosophy & Technique » Filling Platypus
March 10, 9:04am

Re: Equivalent Fabric to DriClime? Bag/Quilt Liner
Nylon tricot? Marmot made a driclime bag at one time, but it was heavier than a light down bag, IIRC.

In Make Your Own Gear » Equivalent Fabric to DriClime? Bag/Quilt Liner
March 09, 4:05pm

Re: full-zip 100wt microfleece men's jacket?
The Patagonia Alpine Wind Jacket is around 11oz and has a windshirt class shell with a light wicking liner. It is much like the Marmot Driclime Wishdshirt, but has hand pockets and a hem drawstring.

In GEAR » full-zip 100wt microfleece men's jacket?
March 09, 12:12pm

Re: Tea
I would think that drinking tea in the 3rd world would be good defense against water-borne bugs, assuming the water is boiled.

In GEAR » What do you do for Lunch?
March 07, 5:19pm

Re: Sunglasses
I have a big head, not big-ish, BIG. I wear Ray Ban Wafarers most of the time and I have added "Optx 20/20" stick-on bifocal lenses so I can read maps and do other close work without the ...

In GEAR » Sunglasses
March 07, 5:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.