BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5151 - 5160 of 7473 | Page: 1 ...507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ...748

Forum » Thread

Re: Isotope Nano/ Insul- Layers Questions
I don't like rain gear without vents. I haven't seen an UL jacket without venting options that wasn't a portable sauna. The Marmot Precip jackets give a good blend of weight/cost/featur...

In GEAR » Isotope Nano/ Questions
December 31, 9:57am

Re: Prolite small vs. regular
I went with the small Prolite to save volume as much as weight. I also add to my pad length with a sit pad-- a Therm-a-Rest Z Seat in my case. I added the Z Seat to my kit this summer and really en...

In GEAR » Prolite small vs. regular
December 30, 12:35am

Re: Packs: Which one?
It would be interesting to hear your dislikes on the Pinnacle to help point you to other pack models. It is a pain to pick a pack when you can't lay hands on it and try it out. Volume is th...

In GEAR » Packs: Which one?
December 30, 12:23am

Social media used for intelligent conversations with customers
I read Hugh Macleod's book, "Ignore Everybody" a couple weeks ago and one concept that flew off the page was using social media to allow companies to have intelligent conversations wi...

In GEAR » EB and Kindle
December 29, 11:46pm

Fenix E01 LED flashlight $10 @ REI
Great UL flashight for cheap: http://www.rei.com/product/798302

In Gear Deals » Fenix E01 LED flashlight $10 @ REI
December 29, 8:50am

Re: ...bivy burger
Dug offered, "And I will personally buy a burger for anyone who can pitch a tarp faster than someone can throw down a bivy." I'll throw in the fries and a shake for someone who can...

In GEAR » to bivy or not to bivy
December 26, 4:25pm

Re: POS
Check the instructions for the lockout mode. You may have to hold the switch down for several seconds to "unlock" it. Assuming the batteries are fresh. It is typical for lighting manuf...

In Gear Deals » Black Diamond Spot headlamp REI $23
December 26, 4:03pm

Re: to bivy or not to bivy
I think they are a good match for a minimal tarp, like a poncho tarp, so you get the multiple-use discount of rain gear against the weight of the bivy. They make perfect sense to me as a day hiking...

In GEAR » to bivy or not to bivy
December 26, 2:11pm

Re: Merry Christmas... So, What'd Ya Get?
I got a Photon LED light and a Cocoon UL Air-Core pillow. Everyone is in good health and had a happy day together, which is priceless and weighs nothing :)

In GEAR » Merry Christmas... So, What'd Ya Get?
December 26, 11:23am

Re: One strap packs (messenger style)
It would be interesting to build a sling-style pack with the typical teardrop shape, tied into a traditional load-carrying waist belt. A water bottle holster on the open side could help counter bal...

In GEAR » One strap packs (messenger style)
December 26, 10:49am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.