BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5151 - 5160 of 7173 | Page: 1 ...507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ...718

Forum » Thread

Re: WTB: Marmot Driclime windshirt
Check out the Patagonia Alpine Wind Jacket too. It has hand pockets and a drawstring on the bottom hem, where the Marmot does not. The cut is on the trim side in the belly, but not extremely so. Sh...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Marmot Driclime windshirt
September 11, 7:15pm

Re: use percentage of body weight when calculating base load
There is some built-in differential for size with clothing, sleeping bag and pack. My daughter is like a size 2 and can pack a weeks worth of clothes in the space I need for my socks :)

In Gear Lists » Need Help with My big 4!!
September 11, 7:07pm

Re: Re: Maximized walking/hiking shoe design
I didn't know that about the Inov-8 shoes. That's really all that is needed on that point.

In GEAR » Maximized walking/hikinbg shoe design
September 11, 8:31am

Re: Tinder-quik tabs vs plain ole cottonballs
They aren't as messy as jellied cotton balls and pack well. I keep them for emergency use and pack 3-4 in a "spy capsule" that goes on my survival keyring with firesteel, Leatherman S...

In GEAR » Tinder-quik tabs vs plain ole cottonballs
September 10, 7:59pm

Re: Hi Richard
Dr. Lawlor wrote: "(Sorry Dale, I missed your post above. Richard, keep in mind that Dale is in the US PNW where it's also pretty wet, and I'm in Victoria, Au where it used to be prett...

In GEAR » whats the weight of a Karrimor Sabre 45 litre
September 10, 7:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Maximized walking/hikinbg shoe design
Eugene wrote: "Does anyone really know what's proper for age and foot condition? I guess time will tell. The sharp rocks are part of what I was referring too. I've heard some people...

September 10, 6:56pm

Re: Standalone Bivy
Scott wrote: "Bivys aren’t just for the side of cliffs so I’m not sure where that comment came from..." Now, now, I said the *original* design was for climbing. A bivy has it's...

In GEAR » Standalone bivy?
September 10, 2:38pm

Re: Re: Re: whats the weight of a Karrimor Sabre 45 litre
It is quite a weight game when you have to make a complete container-- six sides, zipper, attachments of some sort, etc. You end up with a lot of fabric and hardware for the volume. That's wher...

September 10, 2:23pm

Re: whats the weight of a Karrimor Sabre 45 litre
I'll bet those side pockets could add a lot of weight. Beware!

September 10, 1:50pm

Re: Re: Maximized walking/hikinbg shoe design
Age and foot condition are to be considered, not to mention rough trails. I could wear flip flops on a nice level deciduous forest path, but steep trails with sharp rock and spring runoff begs for ...

September 10, 1:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.