Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5151 - 5160 of 8250 | Page: 1 ...507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ...825

Forum » Thread

Re: Cuben: The unbearable lightness of being........ugly.
Pull any one of us out of the tent at 4:30 AM-- the Cuben would look wonderful in comparison :) It is an acquired taste, methinks. And it is mostly behind you, where you can't see it anyway....

In GEAR » Cuben: The unbearable lightness of being........ugly.
July 22, 7:30pm

Re: GREAT intro to Hammocks post...
Thanks! It was interesting getting on the diagonal the first time. You are fiddling with getting the right amount of slack in the hammock, gingerly climbing in and hearing your new suspension cr...

In Hammocks » A New User's Look at Hammocks
July 22, 3:05pm

Re: Please someone explain this to me
Marketing, bell curves, design by committee, fashion over function, bad choices, stuff designed by people who have never stepped of the pavement, and God only knows what else. It's obvious ...

In GEAR » Please someone explain this to me
July 21, 11:16pm

Re: nice
Spelt asked, "8' is long for a tree hugger. You have big trees in your neck of the woods?" Other than the redwoods, the biggest :) West slope of the Washington Cascades and the Oly...

July 21, 12:21am

Re: Re: A New User's Look at Hammocks
mike wrote, "nice write up, but you missed a popular vendor ;)" Cut and paste right off the Hammock Forums :) Computers are supposed to save drudgery, not create it!

July 21, 12:07am

A New User's Look at Hammocks
I have been researching and testing hammocks over the last few weeks and I would like to share what I have found. Please bear in mind that this is my myopic view from a newbie's perspective. ...

July 20, 8:09pm

Re: best heat/ summer shirt?
Ex Officio Airstrip Lite or a polyester silk weight base layer tee-- Patagonia, Mountain Hardware, GoLite, North Face all have one type or another. The more open, mesh-like weaves work best for me....

In GEAR » best heat/ summer shirt?
July 19, 9:58pm

Re: the pocket chair?
Nooooo waaay I'm sitting on that. Pull yourself up a 500 million year old chunk of granite, or a 200 year old log :) You can get a 7oz hammock for $50, or a 12oz one for $15, and you can tak...

In GEAR » the pocket chair?
July 19, 8:39pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Komperdell Guide AS LIght hiking staff
July 17, 5:44pm

Re: Removing grommets froma tarp?
I just did that with a poncho. I have a small vice with rubber jaws and I was able to clamp on the edge of the grommet and the corner of the cloth. I warmed it up with a hair dryer so the fabric wo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Removing grommets froma tarp?
July 17, 12:54am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.