Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5151 - 5160 of 7666 | Page: 1 ...507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ...767

Forum » Thread

Re: signal mirrors
Hold your finger up in line with your target and dance the light on the tip of your finger while looking over the mirror at the finger and the target behind. The moving light spills over your finge...

In GEAR » First aid and rescue kits - what to leave behind?
February 01, 8:36pm

PIF: REI Rain Parka, **CLAIMED**
This item has been PIF'd! Remember, the planet you save may be your own! REI rain parka, mens XL tall, olive green. Old school fully lined parka with self-stowing pocket inside, zippered Nap...

In Gear Swap » PIF: REI Rain Parka, XL tall, green
February 01, 8:46am

Re: space blanket amd leaving gear behind
There is a conundrum with basic UL principles and emergency gear. One tenet of UL philosophy is to leave out anything that won't be used. Another is to avoid redundant items. If you pack emerge...

February 01, 8:00am

Re: Space blanket
Or for another hiker in trouble.

January 31, 11:38pm

Re: maybe this
By all means this! Seems the Kifaru might draw the wrong kind of attention. In the book "What Am I Doing Here" Bruce Chatwin writes of being accused of being a mercenary when caugh...

In GEAR » recomend a pack for travel?
January 31, 9:57pm

Re: First aid and rescue kits - what to leave behind?
I carry the Adventure Medical Kits .3 kit. * Weight: 3 oz * Size: 4.5 x 3.75 x 1 inches CONTENTS Medication * 2 - Pkg. of 2 Ibuprofen 200 mg * 2 - Antihistamine (Diphe...

January 31, 9:55pm

Re: Re: recomend a pack for travel?
Rick Steve's the travel guru has one made for him by Kiva Designs. http://travelstore.ricksteves.com/catalog/index.cfm?fuseaction=product&theParentId=8&id=139

In GEAR » recomend a pack for travel?
January 31, 8:47pm

Re: where?
Big Bear, not Big Ben, it's in the Outlet and it is a women's pack. http://www.rei.com/product/814088

In Gear Deals » Jansport Big Ben @ REI $65
January 31, 8:26am

Re: Thermawrap vs. windshirt
First of all the OP mentioned Thermawrap parka, not the jacket--- apples and oranges. Regarding the jacket... Like the lined windshirts (Marmot Driclime, Patagonia Alpine), you have all you...

In GEAR » How would you rate the thermawrap parka
January 30, 11:58pm

Re: nice reading, but incomplete test
That's one thing I wrestle with for lightly insulated jackets vs. fleece. If you are hauling a windshirt, the fleece plus windshirt makes a great combo, where the Thermawrap/Nano Puff stuff end...

In GEAR » How would you rate the thermawrap parka
January 30, 8:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.