BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5151 - 5160 of 7393 | Page: 1 ...507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ...740

Forum » Thread

Re: Canon G12 v S95
I had a G10 and came to the conclusion that I preferred a smaller camera or a small SLR. The G series Canons are well made and work well, but really don't provide any more image quality for the...

In Photography » Canon G12 v S95
November 07, 8:19am

Re: mug/ cup?
REI sells a titanium Sierra cup that is 1.4oz and $14.95--- the handle is fixed. I think it is a top cookware bargain, along with the Snow Peak ti bowl. http://www.rei.com/product/764187 http...

In GEAR » mug/ cup?
November 07, 7:46am

Second Ascent
I shop there all the time. It's a small specialty shop in Seattle with a very knowledgeable crew and great gear. They have lots of used gear not reflected on the web site. Definitely a must-see...

In Gear Deals » OR PL 400 Fleece mit $20 + $7 shipping
November 05, 5:03pm

Re: Proposal for new forum
Seems to me that keeping the customers alive is a very good customer service policy. This idea that every new forum needs a demonstrable improvement in the bottom line is a bit much. Text forums...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Proposal for new forum
November 05, 8:33am

Marmot Precip
I've found Marmot Precip rain gear to be a good balance of weight/price/performance. You can find the jacket on sale for $69 or so.

In GEAR » Raingear...
November 05, 8:14am

"Flashlight vs. Headlamp for hiking"
I use a headlamp for general camp stuff and would be my choice for night hiking as I use poles. I do carry a Fenix EO1 flashlight on my pocket survival lanyard as a backup, but the headlamp is my m...

In GEAR » Flashlight vs. Headlamp for hiking
November 05, 8:08am

Frakenfeet!
Ouch! :) Try that in a lake full of glacial runoff--- they will think Sasquatch is whooping!

In Photo Gallery » Nothing feels better
November 04, 8:36pm

Tamrac Top-Load Holster SLR Camera Case BUMP
Ribbbet!

In Gear Swap » Tamrac Top-Load Holster SLR Camera Case
November 01, 8:14pm

Favorite Balaclava?
What's your favorite balaclava? (I love that word). Fabric? Face cut-out-- open around the mouth and nose or just eyes? When do you wear it? I have a thin poly knit balaclava that ...

In GEAR » Favorite Balaclava?
October 31, 1:05pm

Re: camera case to shoulder strap connection
Last night, I played around with making a link to hook the case d-rings to my pack straps. I was imagining a complex link with a quick-release buckle, 3/4" webbing and snap hooks on both ends....

In GEAR » Protecting DSLR's
October 31, 11:33am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.