BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5151 - 5160 of 7451 | Page: 1 ...507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ...746

Forum » Thread

Re: Lightweight Backpacking, Wal-Mart Style
Server hiccup/double post-- sorry

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking, Wal-Mart Style
December 09, 8:28am

Re: Waterproof(ish) Pants
I asked a similar question and landed on the lighter softshell pants. I got some OR Pursuit pants, but there are many more. The REI Mistral pants are big on my list.

In GEAR » Waterproof(ish) Pants
December 06, 11:35pm

Re: Why?
Moras? They are light, cheap, and they work. I buy them at commercial fishing supply stores. I have one I bought 25 years ago that is still going strong. Why a fixed blade knife? I like having ...

In GEAR » Mora Knives
December 06, 11:26pm

Re: Light beanie with ear covers
Outdoor Research Peruvian Windstopper. A+++++

In GEAR » Light beanie with ear covers
December 05, 6:38pm

Re: Woman Has Lost Her Mind and Needs Advice
Why not! You are in excellent condition and if you can wrangle the time, you have a opportunity. As you are into endurance sports, you won't have many surprises on your physical ability. The jo...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Woman Has Lost Her Mind and Needs Advice
December 05, 12:17pm

Two lights
I think having two lights is the way to go. The Photons are great for a backup and a quick tent light and can be worn on a neck lanyard. but I wouldn't want it to be my main light. If you want ...

In GEAR » Headlamp recommendations
December 02, 9:07am

Re: dogs
Strange thing about Australian Shepherds--- so the story goes--- they were bred in the American West/Great Basin and were named after a pair was brought in from Australia in the 1960's. I don&#...

In GEAR » Skin tight soft shell pants.
November 29, 10:56pm

Alps 20F Sleeping Bag at REI $27
3lbs 5oz, which is 4oz more than my MH Lamina 20. Not bad for $27! Good one for Scouts to trash. ALPS Mountaineering Clearwater +20 http://www.rei.com/product/782984

In Gear Deals » Apls 20F Sleeping Bag at REI $27
November 29, 10:09pm

Re: dogs
Patrick asked, "Is that you and your dog in the pic. I have two dogs that are by my side 27/7/365..." Yup, that's Toby, an Australian Shepherd tri-color. We adopted him a couple ye...

November 29, 9:57pm

Re: Skin tight soft shell pants.
Check out a running specialty shop like Road Runner Sports.

November 28, 9:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.