Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5151 - 5160 of 7765 | Page: 1 ...507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ...777

Forum » Thread

FS: Ex Officio Insect Shield Hat, L/XL, Khaki **SOLD**
**Sold** I'm selling an Ex Officio Insect Shield hat, size L/XL, khaki color with olive green trim and under brim. Neck cord with toggle, brim varies 3" to 3-1/2". Permethrin treat...

In Gear Swap » FS: Ex Officio Insect Shield Hat, L/XL, Khaki
February 23, 9:12am

Re: Tilley weight
The cotton canvas Tilley's are heavier, but the "LT" nylon models aren't bad. My LT3 has a 2-3/4"-3" brim and is 3.9oz. The woven cowboy hats are good in hot weat...

In GEAR » Hat instead of sunscreen?
February 23, 8:58am

Re: Hat instead of sunscreen?
You must have a Tilley. There is no other hat made. None, nada, zip. The LT3 is light and compact; the LT5B is more dashing and more protective. Take protective measures wearing a Tilley in the pre...

In GEAR » Hat instead of sunscreen?
February 22, 9:05pm

Upright cattle dawg
Thant's better! Looks like a rascal to me :)

In GEAR » Dog Backpacks - Advice sought
February 22, 8:53pm

Re: Mora 546
There aren't significant problems with stainless. And carbon steel is fine for food, it just needs a little more maintenance, so it isn't as practical in a commercial kitchen setting. I pre...

In GEAR » Mora #2/0 Knife 1.8oz/50g
February 22, 8:46pm

Re: Mora #2/0 Handle Mod
I see the #2/0 as a handy fixed blade with emphasis on weight and small size. The guard-less design is not my favorite; it is traditional for wood carving so you can work close to the handle. There...

February 22, 8:39am

Re: Two Arcteryx Vests ($85 each/Black)
Size(s)?

In Gear Swap » Two Arcteryx Vests ($85 each/Black)
February 22, 8:16am

Re: Mora Classic #2
Nice job on the handle. I like the toggle on the sheath too--- it isn't the most secure.

February 21, 8:36pm

Re: Island
I proposed to my wife on San Juan :) Still going strong 25 years later!

February 21, 8:33pm

Re: Re: Carrying water on shoulder straps
I didn't think about putting a sling around the pack. I can do macramé bottle holders that would work for that. It doesn't take much to wrap up a bottle. My first attempt is to use mit...

In GEAR » Carrying water on shoulder straps
February 21, 8:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.