Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5101 - 5110 of 7245 | Page: 1 ...502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ...725

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: pole options for duo innernet
the innernet floor has a dyneema (or some such fabric) patch in the center for the pole to protect the sil floor.

In GEAR » Recommendations on a shelters for 4-seasons, hiking/biking/paddling?
January 25, 6:14pm

Re: 62" Poles
"For biking I usually ended up strapping the pole to the top tube but the rack would work as well. I just know someday I'll will forget so my preferance is to keep the pole with the shelte...

January 25, 3:13pm

Re: Recommendations on a shelters for 4-seasons, hiking/biking/paddling?
-- I'm not sure what shelter you're going to buy that doesn't require poles (other than the Nemo tents that use air), UL or non UL. And actually, if you'll always have overhead bran...

January 25, 12:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: No luck
I see what you're saying. I've never really paid attention to that breadcrumb line!

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Can't Edit Subject Line?
January 25, 9:06am

Re: Re: No luck
I don't know. I started a thread in gear swap, titled "FS: Integral Designs Hot Socks - M". I just went back and edited it. It now reads, as far as I can tell, "FS: Integral Desi...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Can't Edit Subject Line?
January 25, 7:48am

Re: winter quilt
I've never owned the High Sierra Sniveller so I can't comment on how true to rating it is, but I think it would be worth an email to JRB asking them about the discrepancy on their site (lis...

In Winter Hiking » winter quilt
January 24, 8:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Cuben Fiber Chest Pack
"when the zipper was horizontal, I couldn't get my hand in too far and definitely couldn't reach the bottom" Would be easier to get your hand in with a horizontal zipper if you...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber Chest Pack
January 24, 2:31pm

Re: Making the switch
"The only thing I can see as far as the tarp set up is the views, but at night whats to see." I was fortunate enough to backpack parts of the Teton Crest in Wyoming last year. Instead ...

In GEAR » Getting used to tarps
January 24, 1:49pm

Re: Re: several in PA
I believe Will is right about Laurel Highlands, and not only that you must stay at the designated site, but that you must stay in the lean-to/shelter at the site and not set up your own. This shoul...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 5 day Trips in the NE???
January 24, 11:42am

Re: What do you look like?
Would anyone have thought otherwise?

In Chaff » What do you look like?
January 24, 11:36am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am