BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5101 - 5110 of 6134 | Page: 1 ...502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: "Warfighters: History of the term?"
"The only reason Europe doesn't speak Russian right now is because of us." The only reason the U.S. doesn't speak the Queen's English is because of part of Europe. Or are w...

In Chaff » Warfighters: History of the term?
March 02, 5:04pm

Re: Sleeping Pad advice
"Could I get away with the NeoAir and a foam pad underneath it for snow camping? What would you all recommend?" Lots of differing opinions on this one, just look around the forums. It ...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad advice
March 02, 3:14pm

Re: Re: Re: A More Peaceful and Sustainable Neighborhood
"I'm just concerned that the world has been working within a certain framework for so long, I have a hard time seeing it switching to a collaborative, non-violent model. Maybe it will be a...

In Chaff » Warfighters: History of the term?
March 02, 3:03pm

Re: Re: Because I can...
"I mean, if your home was located in the path of a possible landslide, would you waste time trying to decide whether or not the landslide was going to actually happen? Or would you take steps ...

In Chaff » Because I can...
March 02, 2:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Taking Advantage or Not Really Taking Advantage
"It is about who should assume the risk. You do your best. You read up on the item, you talk to others, you think carefully, you try what you can while keeping it in new condition. Beyond that...

In Gear Deals » Member's Only - Scratch and Dent Sale
March 02, 2:49pm

Re: shuttle
I live near BWI, and would be happy to pick someone up and take them to a trailhead in Shenandoah or the AT in MD.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL member shuttle?
March 02, 9:51am

Re: Re: "Gear Swap" Etiquette
"I would feel like I could have / should have been more courteous to a fellow hiker." I don't feel I'm being discourteous at all. I've sold a lot of stuff through Gear Swap...

In Philosophy & Technique » "Gear Swap" Etiquette
March 02, 6:33am

Re: ALASKA EXPEDITION 2010
What are the dates?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » ALASKA EXPEDITION
March 02, 6:20am

Re: Re: What music do you like?
I'm not a fan of most Rap either, but Michael Franti does some great work. Quite a social conscience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSbdKDL8otc

In Chaff » What music do you like?
March 01, 8:00pm

Re: Re: Music
"You got guys making millions by selling sex, drugs, violence, killing cops, the virtues of being a thug, etc" I thought we were talking about music, not Hollywood.....

In Chaff » What music do you like?
March 01, 7:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am