Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5101 - 5110 of 7531 | Page: 1 ...502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ...754

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Glenn Beck and Welfare
"Wow, that would mean we would be responsible for our own thoughts and accountable for our own actions!" Yeah, I know, heresy! I'm a rebel, what can I say?

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 07, 10:45am

Re: whew.. close call. the tent's fine.
"asuaged (not even sure if that's a real word)" It is if you spell it correctly........

In GEAR » Helsport Ringstind Superlight 1-2 tent
March 07, 7:31am

Re: Glenn Beck and Welfare
"The question is how original is thought. Much of what we think, do and say is a result of repeating others thoughts and/or adding to an already existing line." I'd say that simply...

March 07, 7:02am

Re: Good information
"although it takes more skill to operate" Jim, it doesn't take any skill at all, really. Light the esbit, put the pot over the esbit, wait for boil. That's truly all there is t...

In GEAR » Esbit Logic
March 06, 8:31pm

Re: Still not sure
"Am I still missing the boat?" I don't think so. I think you're just exceptionally reluctant to climb aboard. And that's okay. FWIW, I backpack in the winter, with snow ...

In GEAR » In need of help, BOOT SHOPPING
March 06, 8:23pm

Re: Thanks!
Hi Rebecca, Tim made a very cool (well, actually quite warm) double quilt for me. Zippered footbox with drawstring closure (so the end doesn't have to be closed completely). Here's a pic...

In Make Your Own Gear » family quilts
March 06, 7:23pm

Re: Pyramid Tent with Smokestack?
Tigoat sells the shelters and the lightweight box or cylinder stoves. They even provide stove boots for other compatible tents.

In GEAR » Pyramid Tent with Smokestack?
March 06, 7:01pm

Re: Re:R Value
"How many people want a pad with no insulation?" Lots of people, actually. Who needs insulation for summer camping? BA sells uninsulated pads. Probably others as well.

In GEAR » Kooka Bay
March 06, 5:51pm

Re: Re: What It's Like for Us Non-White Hiker's
"Who wants to be part of a community where they never have anything good to say about your people or culture?" Very well said. But I do wonder if sites native to non-Americans have muc...

In On the Web » What It's Like for Us Non-White Hiker's
March 05, 8:14pm

Re: @ Tom
"Too many expect the Government to think for them, and to take care of them" Agree in principle, but not in expression. The vast majority of people I know and talk to expect celebritie...

March 05, 8:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am