BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5101 - 5110 of 6508 | Page: 1 ...502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ...651

Forum » Thread

Re: WM Flash vest sale
Moderator of BPL forums. It's not just a job, it's an adventure......

In Gear Deals » WM Flash vest sale
April 20, 9:18am

Re: Re: "Thoughts on long distance food"
RE: Mary Janes'. You get the best selection online, but I generally get mine at REI. Warning, they're expensive! Between $8-$10 per package. But well worth it to me.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thoughts on long distance food
April 19, 9:04pm

Re: Re: Thoughts on long distance food
The Mary Jane's organic vegetarian meals are very tasty, and the packaging is made to burn (non-aluminum) unlike the MH and other varieties. So if you have a campfire, or are burning wood in yo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thoughts on long distance food
April 19, 8:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: MLD prophet - thoughts?
Sorry Ben, never took the Conduit on a trip. Didn't realize the pockets were as slanted as they were, sold it before ever taking it out. It felt okay when I tried it on in the house though. ...

In GEAR » MLD prophet - thoughts?
April 19, 8:33pm

Re: Re: MLD prophet - thoughts?
Both good packs. I had the Conduit and sold it for the Prophet. I simply don't like the side pockets on the Conduit. I don't put water bottles in mine, I put a lot of light gear I want quic...

April 19, 8:20pm

Re: Updated Steripens?
They don't use AAs, they use, I think, CR123s. I have the new Adventurer Opti. It's worked great so far. But then again, my last one worked great too. A bit of a pain in the winter, as I...

In GEAR » Updated Steripens?
April 19, 2:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Must-Read Sci-Fi
Can't believe no one has mentioned Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Greatest sci-fi book ever written, in my opinion!

In Chaff » Space Alien Invasion.
April 19, 12:39pm

Re: MLD prophet - thoughts?
I love my Prophet. Haven't had any issue with compression, but then again I probably carry more than a lot of folks on this site so I don't need to compress all that much. I would think you...

April 19, 11:34am

Re: LT4
"The responses from LT4 users are expected - you paid for the poles so you need to support their 'strength.' But realistically speaking, they aren't nearly as strong as aluminum po...

In GEAR » The sadness of a a broken LT4
April 19, 9:32am

Re: Re: Re: LT4's
"Wouldn't you just use your backup pair? :)" Dan, well, of course! But then I'd need a new backup pair......

In GEAR » The sadness of a a broken LT4
April 18, 9:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am