Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5101 - 5110 of 7581 | Page: 1 ...502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ...759

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Views on Hammocks
"the weight added up to more than what I would need if I slept on the ground" Yup. Staying toasty in cold weather in a hammock, for me, means carrying more weight in my pack. But, for ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's Your View Towards Hammocks?
March 11, 4:18pm

Re: What's Your View Towards Hammocks?
Love hammocking. My preferred method of backcountry sleeping. Been nice and warm and toasty and comfortable down to 3 degrees (and snowing).

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's Your View Towards Hammocks?
March 11, 1:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Post a picture of your hat
Thanks Ken! I was going to use that pic as well!

In Photo Gallery » Post a picture of your hat
March 11, 1:55pm

Re: Wealth..
"It's not a zero sum game and I'm not jealous of their success. In fact, there are a lot of rich people out there with sucky, unhappy, unrewarding lives." a big +1 One quest...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 11, 12:27pm

Re: But taste is in the mouth of the beholder.
Just tried some 18-year The Yamazaki single malt whiskey, distilled in Japan. Fabulous stuff. Nice and smooth. Liked it so much I had my local liquor store order a bottle for me.

In Chaff » Most Beloved Trail Whisky/Whiskey
March 11, 11:39am

Re: Re: tattoo
"I think that those who have the lifelong membership should get the tattoo. :P" On their trunks?

In Chaff » BPL Stickers
March 11, 10:29am

Re: Different NeoAir Question
Why is it always the simplest ideas that seem the most brilliant! Let us know how it works out, seems like a winner to me.

In GEAR » Different NeoAir Question
March 11, 10:28am

Re: thanks
From my own experience (I own and have used an eVent Packa), I think it's a great rain cover for colder weather. But then again, I'm with those who don't use rain cover for warm weather...

In GEAR » Rain gear
March 11, 9:51am

Re: "Buying Chinese Goods"
"Hard work, intelligence and a little common-sense are not a guarantee of success (there are no guarantees), but it's your best shot. And has proven highly successful." Completely ...

March 11, 9:48am

Re: Common sense
Great post John, thanks. I don't always agree with Brooks, but I think he's nailed this one.

March 11, 9:24am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am