Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5101 - 5110 of 6785 | Page: 1 ...502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ...679

Forum » Thread

Re: FS: ZPacks Hexamid w/screen
Sold to Scott.

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Hexamid w/screen
June 25, 4:54pm

FS: ZPacks Hexamid w/screen-SOLD
Sold to Scott. Cuben. New, never used. I did seam seal it though. $275 includes shipping, but does not include paypal fees.

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Hexamid w/screen
June 25, 2:54pm

Re: Re: Speaking of Smell Test
Alright everyone, put down your fingers and step away from your butts before somebody gets hurt......

In GEAR » conserving ClO2 tablets
June 25, 11:43am

Re: No big difference.
"Nowadays, I will just hike with no shirt " I used to do this, but I just could no longer put up with the woman pointing and laughing, and the terrified look in children's eyes as ...

In GEAR » Cotton shirt in summer
June 24, 9:06pm

Re: TrailLite Designs
Very cool, Thom! We look forward to hearing greater details! Best of luck!

In GEAR » TrailLite Designs
June 24, 9:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Puppies and homeless folks
"Very heroic" Off topic, but for some reason this reminded me of one of my favorite TV quotes: "Do you know who a hero is? Nine times out of ten, a hero is someone who is tired en...

In Chaff » Terrorists finding a way in
June 24, 8:42pm

Re: Re: saving lives
"...And then we have the never ending cycle of nobody taking responsibility for anyone or anything that they do not have an emotional bond with" Life ain't black and white. Absolut...

June 24, 7:49am

Re: steri pen and bottles
I used to use a widemouth nalgene as my sterilizing container, but it never really worked well for me -- sometimes hard to fill in shallow streams, my fat fingers never fit comfortably with the ste...

In GEAR » Absolute Lightest 1L Water Bottle
June 23, 10:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Puppies and homeless folks
"In my estimation the admission that your pets are worth more than the homeless puts you in quite the fundamentalist camp, far more so than any of the religion David Olsen is bringing to the t...

June 23, 10:12pm

Re: steripen users
This is exactly what I do. Took a 2L platy, cut it off a bit above the 1L line, and use that as my treatment container. Weighs nothing, takes up very little space.

In GEAR » Absolute Lightest 1L Water Bottle
June 23, 9:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am