BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5101 - 5110 of 6525 | Page: 1 ...502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ...653

Forum » Thread

Re: No access, no data
"Cell phones need access to the network." Some cell phones are now starting to include GPS chips.

In GEAR » Android phone for tracking in romote areas
May 02, 11:09am

Re: ipad log in
Hi Matt, Not sure, but here's my hunch (I'm assuming you're trying to log in via the login link, but it's telling you there is no such record). When you touch in the username dia...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » ipad log in
May 02, 11:06am

Re: Re: MontBell Crescent
Remember, as far as ventilation, you can get a mesh inner to replace the fabric inner on the Nallo 2.

In GEAR » recommendation for a windy wet weather tent
April 29, 8:21pm

Re: Hilleberg
If you're convinced on Hilleberg, I've got a Nallo2 GT, never used, I'd be happy to sell. If interested, PM me and let me know....

In GEAR » recommendation for a windy wet weather tent
April 27, 8:22am

Re: replay
"whispering words of encouragement to myself" Perhaps you should just eat more fiber......

In Gear Deals » Revolutionary New Disposable Toilet
April 26, 5:34pm

Re: huh?
Well, I thought about it......

In Gear Swap » Gossamer Gear LT4 Trekking Poles w/ Straps
April 26, 3:18pm

Re: Avoiding Maceration
Wow, I wonder what else could have led to it? I just finished around 23-24 miles, lots of steep, prolonged ups and downs (Black Forest Trail in PA), rainy, cool 50s all day, and my feet were never ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Avoiding Maceration
April 26, 3:18pm

Re: PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANYMORE POSTS
Hi Ben, Maybe I'm missing something, but the OP seems to have had a valid question, which people have tried to answer. One (alleged) spammer made one (it seems) somewhat inappropriate post (...

In GEAR » Carrying Your Sh*t
April 26, 12:57pm

Re: Carrying Your Sh*t
I haven't had to do this, but if I did, I think I'd consider one of the larger aloksaks. Perhaps even double-bag (two aloksaks). Put a bit of whatever chemical will harden the stuff up in t...

In GEAR » Carrying Your Sh*t
April 26, 10:43am

Re: Pole Expanders - Engagement/Locking
I get a good lock on my CF poles every time by doing the following: If I can't seem to get a lock (the thing just keeps on turning), then I hold the bottom piece right at the point it meets ...

In GEAR » Pole Expanders - Engagement/Locking
April 26, 10:31am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am