BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5101 - 5110 of 6425 | Page: 1 ...502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ...643

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: So what did you do with your dividend? - Travis
The standard KSOs. Okay so far. I actually ran in them on my treadmill for about half an hour, including some speed work. Interesting.

In Chaff » So what did you do with your dividend?
March 31, 2:27pm

Re: Re: MLD Tarps
Oh yeah, packs. used an MLD Revelation for a bit last sunmmer, I didn't baby that baby at all! No problems. I have a zPacks cuben blast now, which I've used and had loaded with about 25 pou...

In GEAR » MLD Tarps
March 31, 1:41pm

Re: MLD Tarps
I've a cuben hex tarp for my hammock which I used all last summer and even once this winter. Never a problem. And while I always use the stuff sack, I wouldn't say I treat it all that ginge...

In GEAR » MLD Tarps
March 31, 1:27pm

Re: Ohm could work
While no 'frame,' the Ohm has a suspension hoop and an internal pad holster (which on mine means two straps at the internal top to hold a foam pad in place). They used to sell a stiff foam ...

In Gear Swap » WTB ULA Circuit
March 31, 12:28pm

Re: WTB ULA Circuit or Conduit
Why not an Ohm, right in between the two you're asking about.

In Gear Swap » WTB ULA Circuit
March 31, 10:47am

Re: Re: Great source of Omega 3's
"BTW, a great alternative(vegan, and gastro-friendly) to whey protein is brown rice protein." And pea protein as well, as well as hemp protein.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hemp Brownie Cliff Bar
March 31, 7:47am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rolling Ankles
Nicholas, very few of us, including me, hike in waterproof boots most of the year (some not at all). I only use the GTX in winter. The rest of the time I'm in trail runners, non waterproof, of ...

In GEAR » Buy salomon wings sky GTX?
March 30, 9:27pm

Re: .......
Thanks for the info Jarrod!

In GEAR » Hennessy Hammock Weight Question
March 30, 8:59pm

Re: Rolling Ankles
I was a notorious ankle roller, like you. Couldn't do a hike without rolling my fricking ankle. Had a pair of Scarpa Kailash GTXs (because Backpacker mag said they were the best a couple of yea...

March 30, 8:58pm

Re: Re: Buy salomon wings sky GTX?
"They're lightweight for a boot at 1060g average per pair" I think nearly 2.5 pounds is not light for a pair of boots. I realize you can get much heavier, but you can get much ligh...

March 30, 8:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am