BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5101 - 5110 of 6614 | Page: 1 ...502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ...662

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: GSMNP: "Bear that bit tourist has been euthanized"
"Seems all feeding bear should have been fined?" Nah, euthanized. Why allow the stupidity to spread.....

In Chaff » GSMNP: "Bear that bit tourist has been euthanized"
May 23, 4:35pm

Re: "Stop and Identify Laws"
"I'm embarrassed for him." I'm embarrassed for the vast majority of politicians on both sides of the aisle! But I'm a cynic. I don't believe we (collective we, count...

In Chaff » Stop and Identify Laws
May 23, 1:25pm

Re: Stop and Identify Laws
"I've read it. No big deal. Not that different from parts of the California state law. That hurts, don't it?" Not me. Is it supposed to?

May 23, 1:18pm

Re: Illegal Aliens
"Interesting how most people against the law have never read it." While I'm not usually a betting man, I'd be willing to bet that most of those for the law have never read it a...

May 23, 1:06pm

Re: Trail Days 2010
Thom, I would have been right beside you at the MLD booth! Can't wait for the cuben Burn/Prophet!

In Post-Trip Reports » Trail Days 2010 - Damascus Virginia
May 22, 9:02am

Re: Trail Days 2010 - Damascus Virginia
Great writeup Tom! Makes me wish even more than I could have made it down. Thanks for taking the time to share.

In Post-Trip Reports » Trail Days 2010 - Damascus Virginia
May 22, 8:34am

Re: what i'm looking for
FWIW, you could ask Tom at Nunatak if he'd add thumbholes to the Skaha with hood.

In GEAR » Insulation pieces
May 21, 9:13pm

Re: Re: huh?
As we all (should) know but seemingly hate to admit, both sides have truth. Neither have complete truth. There are lazy people who are poor because they are lazy. There are exceptionally hard wo...

May 21, 3:17pm

Re: Re: Anyone Subscribe?
Wow. Really? RSS has been around for quite some time. Used to be you needed RSS reader software, now it's built in to most web browsers and email programs. Daniel's right. Headlines get ...

In Chaff » Anyone Subscribe?
May 21, 2:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Alternatives to BPL's Beartooth.
"Doug - do you know how the Melanzana compares to the R1 hoody?" Actually, yes, I owned both. I sold the R1. The R1 is heavier and, probably, warmer. The Melanzana is a looser fit (...

In GEAR » Alternatives to BPL's Beartooth.
May 21, 11:52am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am