BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5101 - 5110 of 6564 | Page: 1 ...502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ...657

Forum » Thread

Re: How ultralighters see the world
...and glass is so heavy, why isn't the water in a ti mug?

In Philosophy & Technique » How ultralighters see the world
May 12, 7:27pm

Re: I need some Tyvek
AntiGravity Gear sells it.

In Make Your Own Gear » I need some Tyvek
May 12, 7:25pm

Re: Re: Trail Days 2010 - Damascus Virginia
Hey Ron, Will you be at your 'booth' for most of Saturday? Would love to finally meet you!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trail Days 2010 - Damascus Virginia
May 12, 6:57pm

Re: "Susquehannock Trail, PA"
Just code it as an h1, as in < h1> and then < / h1 >at the end of the title

In Post-Trip Reports » Susquehannock Trail, PA
May 12, 4:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trail Days 2010 - Damascus Virginia
Not sure yet, might just drive down for the day. I'll say hello if I see you!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trail Days 2010 - Damascus Virginia
May 12, 4:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Trail Days 2010 - Damascus Virginia
Tom, When are you going? For the day or overnight? Camping or where are you staying? Take care, Doug

May 11, 9:06pm

Re: Hammock
It's the Warbonnet Blackbird. A great backpacking hammock!

In GEAR » Cuben sleep system
May 11, 10:13am

Re: Re: Re: Durable??
I didn't turn mine inside out. They now look absolutely horrible! (of course, I also did a lousy job of seam sealing them). Bought another pair when they were on sale and haven't bothered s...

In GEAR » UL waterproof mitten shells
May 10, 9:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: MLD Duomid or Trailstar-cuben
Hey Travis, You can probably expect to wait 5-7 weeks. I believe (and someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong) Ron keeps very little in stock by way of shelters/tarps/bivies (in fact, I&...

In GEAR » MLD Duomid or Trailstar
May 10, 6:02pm

Re: Re: MLD Duomid or Trailstar-cuben
Miguel's right. I asked Ron about a cuben Trailstar, and he said the fabric needed to stretch for the Trailstar to be effective, so he wouldn't make a cuben version. FWIW.

In GEAR » MLD Duomid or Trailstar
May 10, 5:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am