BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5101 - 5110 of 6404 | Page: 1 ...502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ...641

Forum » Thread

Re: Snakes in Zion
n/m Dumbass system....

In Gear Lists » Zion National Park - Mid May
March 30, 12:12pm

Re: Hennessy Hammock Weight Question
FWIW, there's a big 'hang' going on in the area in April. Lots of different hammocks and such. From what I understand, people without hammocks but interested in moving to hammocks are w...

In GEAR » Hennessy Hammock Weight Question
March 30, 11:45am

Re: LL Bean
Kinda, sorta reminds me of my favorite sign at a store in Sperryville, VA, as you near one of the entrances to Shenandoah: Antique tables made daily

In GEAR » Retro pack question
March 30, 9:31am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Man... - Gary
Yes, it does. Why you would deny her such a wonderful quilt is beyond me..... ;-)

In Gear Deals » golite ultra20 158 shipped
March 30, 9:27am

Re: panniers vs trailers
Hi Derek, I'd say we simply do different kinds of touring (or, in my case, have done, haven't done any real touring in a few years). I never had to deal with rutted roads, I don't us...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » panniers vs trailers
March 30, 9:23am

Re: HOLY $h!t !
Hi Eric, Just a photo. I'd never heard of them, but got interested after reading your initial post. Did a quick Google search and came up with the photo. Looks pretty cool!

March 30, 6:36am

Re: panniers vs trailers
As Jim W says, once you climb on the bike, your weight shifts toward the back. That's why you 'pack' heavier to the front, to try and balance it out better. This actually improves handl...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » panniers vs trailers
March 30, 6:33am

Re: Retro pack question
Segen Pax backpack. .

March 29, 9:47pm

Re: Re: merino
I love my Icebreakers. But they are made in China, FWIW.

In GEAR » Wool boxer-brief comparison?
March 29, 9:25pm

Re: cost n weight
I pick up the cuben UQ tomorrow, but Tim said it weighs around 14 oz. This for a UQ that will take me well below 20 degrees! The tarp isn't made yet, so you'll have to wait on that. Cost...

In GEAR » Hammocks 2010
March 29, 9:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am