BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5101 - 5110 of 6597 | Page: 1 ...502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ...660

Forum » Thread

Re: Requests for creating a posting
"We post in a small window" On this particular item, you don't necessarily have to post in a small window -- but it will depend on your system and system version. On my Mac, usi...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Requests for creating a posting
May 20, 12:17pm

Re: Steripen Adventurer v.s. New Steripen Adventurer
It would be to me. Contacts are much easier to keep in contact with the water, IMO, and while the addition of an emergency light might be a bit gimmicky, it does work.

In Gear Deals » Steripen Adventurer v.s. New Steripen Adventurer
May 20, 9:53am

Re: WTB: bpl short handled ti spoon
Sea to Summit sells a short-handled aluminum spoon, looks just like the ti spoon. Might weigh a single gram more than the ti spoon. Easy to find (REI usually has them in stock). And fairly cheap. F...

In Gear Swap » WTB: bpl short handled ti spoon
May 20, 9:52am

Re: Re: police state
""they hate us for our freedom"" Ahhhhhhh! Now I get it! I always thought they hated us for our freedom fries!

In Chaff » Stop and Identify Laws
May 19, 9:20pm

Re: Help On A Long Decision
Hi Ken, I also had never done a solo overnighter until a couple of weeks ago. I decided I wanted to do the Susquehannock Trail in PA - 85 miles - and no one could get the time off when I wanted ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Help On A Long Decision
May 19, 7:44pm

Walking could recharge your smartphone
Interesting article on some research that researchers hope leads to movement to recharge electronics. Walking could recharge your smartphone or MP3 player

In GEAR » Walking could recharge your smartphone
May 19, 6:31pm

Re: blade length
Hi Isaac, Do you mean knife length of 5-7", or blade length of 5-7"? I've batoned wood with no problem with my Becker Necker, blade length of 3.25 inches. And I know folks baton wo...

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
May 19, 6:04pm

Re: Re: 8lb. of trash
"Maybe one day we can even get those Illegal Untouchables to go SUL!" Hey! My illegal untouchables ain't SUL! And what I do in the privacy of my own bathro....er.....home is none o...

In Chaff » Border Wall Threatens Fragile EcoPreserve
May 19, 5:23pm

Re: no way
It's not crazy if it works. I don't do it, but some do and are quite happy that way. FWIW, I have a buddy who hikes in sandals. Gets rubbed raw! And I mean bleeding raw. But it works for...

In GEAR » Socks for hot summers
May 19, 3:15pm

Re: Socks for hot summers
Same as for the other thread, AFAIC. Light hikers or liners only (not both). And while I didn't answer this on the other thread, my shoes/socks usually dry within an hour when I dunk them. I...

In GEAR » Socks for hot summers
May 19, 2:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am