BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 511 - 520 of 1322 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...133

Forum » Thread

silk sheet
>>What I found was that my Cocoon Bag liner (100% silk) was adequate with just a base layer on (pants and shirt). That's what I've been doing at home in the summer, too. I can rem...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » At what temp do you forego sleeping-specific insulation entirely?
June 12, 10:02pm

At what temp do you forego sleeping-specific insulation entirely?
For those of you who experience summertime lows in the 70s and sometimes 80s or more (so, NOT Sierra folks!), how hot does it have to be before you skip the bag or quilt and just sleep in your clot...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » At what temp do you forego sleeping-specific insulation entirely?
June 12, 1:08pm

PM Sent
For watch if still available.

In Gear Swap » FS: End of Spring Cleaning!!!
June 12, 10:40am

trash bag rain thingamajigger
I was cleaning out an old waist pack that I used to use for day hikes and found a contractor bag. I used to take these for raingear (poke holes in bottom and sides), shelter (cut to double width fo...

In Multiple Use Gear » trash bag rain thingamajigger
June 12, 10:37am

Modularity in foam, or, things to do with a Zrest
I picked up a Zrest off freecycle. It's the long length, regular width, 20x72. Weighs 15 oz. Potential uses: hammock pad Cut in half and attached together on the long side to make a short, ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Modularity in foam, or, things to do with a Zrest
June 12, 10:31am

So...
Are ya gonna do it? Huh? Are ya? Are ya? Are ya? ;)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Maybe my first solo trip this weekend??
June 12, 9:47am

does appear to be real
I would say complain using their contact page, but it's full of little digs that make think it's not just an error but the established, approved company attitude. Glad I've never bought...

In Chaff » Moosejaw now giving out free pinups
June 11, 1:30pm

a rose by any other name
It's important to draw a distinction between anonymity and pseudonymity. With pseudonymity, reputations get attached to the username, regardless of whether the username matches one's govern...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Civility and Anonymity
June 10, 9:04am

Re: Re: relative quality
>>I'd rather play with the smartass intelligent adults here. That's my preference also, but it does drive some people away needlessly. Daniel was an odd duck, but sincere. I'm ...

In Chaff » How do we deal?
June 09, 11:06am

relative quality
But as was commented above, these forums are far, far above average in this respect. They are a little above average. Or maybe I have a high bar for average. I think the collective backpatting i...

In Chaff » How do we deal?
June 09, 10:41am

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.