Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 511 - 520 of 1413 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...142

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: lightest weight, lowest stretch
Thanks, Matthew. I haven't made any rash decisions. Just constantly looking to improve my sleep. :) Eric, any update on your project? I've been experimenting with a longer ridgeline to d...

In Hammocks » lightest weight, lowest stretch
July 26, 10:45am

Re: 2 days / 1 night / 20 miles. Food ideas?
If you're already committed to wine and cheese, go the whole antipasto route and get some fruit, veggies, charcuterie, and good bread in the mix.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 2 days / 1 night / 20 miles. Food ideas?
July 25, 10:53am

Re: Re: Inexperience and Smugness
Come off it, Ken, Everyone knows you are never sarcastic.

In Philosophy & Technique » I am BPL my hiking buddy is BPH
July 25, 7:34am

Re: Unusual (and expensive) item that you consider worth it
Packraft. Most I've spent on a single piece of gear and hands down the awesomest.

In GEAR » Unusual (and expensive) item that you consider worth it
July 24, 8:25pm

Re: Minimal Bug Protection?
Papa Smurf (Randy at Dream Hammock) used to offer a tulle version of his bug sock, <5 oz. Tulle isn't noseeum proof, though, so I'd check your route and conditions before contacting him....

In GEAR » Minimal Bug Protection?
July 24, 6:04pm

Re: Re: Re: An Alaskan perspective
James, I think you are taking my point further than I meant it, which is that most general purpose paddle charts will fit you for a paddle that is several inches too short for efficient general use...

In Packrafting » Which packraft paddle?
July 23, 10:03am

Re: If it rains do you keep going?
Make peace with the rain. There are times when I hate the rain, but they inevitably coincide with the times when I hate Everything. Most of the time, though, it is pretty easy to enjoy. When I w...

In GEAR » If it rains do you keep going?
July 23, 7:58am

Re: An Alaskan perspective
My only advice on paddles is to find what charts and experts say "should" be your length, then chuck that and buy a longer paddle. You can choke up and increase your angle on a longer pad...

In Packrafting » Which packraft paddle?
July 23, 7:45am

Re: Non-Toxic Alternatives?
Oil of lemon eucalyuptus was approved as a pesticide by the EPA not long ago. You can search here by ingredient and see what brands have been declared effective against ticks: EPA database

In Chaff » Ticks
July 23, 7:20am

Re: Absolutely Fantastic
+1 I enjoy all your videos.

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking across Kodiak Island, Alaska
July 22, 1:41pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.