BPL Community Profile

spelt the enigmatic (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt the enigmatic

Showing 511 - 520 of 1343 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...135

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Recommend a complex carb
Cooked sweet potatoes mashed up with a little coconut butter, sea salt (*very little, to taste) cinnamon, vanilla, touch of honey for added sweetness, and diced pecans. Throw it in a baggie and mun...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Recommend a complex carb
June 22, 6:14pm

Re: Re: curious
Wouldn't you only be wearing it if it were raining? Doesn't wearing something over it defeat the point?

In GEAR » Berghaus 110 gram waterproof smock
June 22, 7:48am

contrary opinion
Board shorts are great if you have a regular length inseam. For a short person they are basically baggy capris. No thanks.

In GEAR » Board shorts
June 21, 1:34pm

Re: Weight is no concern?
For as often as I have heard of LT4s snapping, there is no way I would buy them. I don't have the $$$ to replace a major item of gear every season, and poles are the same as shoes or pants to m...

In Gear Deals » Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork
June 21, 1:29pm

curious
Seems not too long ago 7 and 10D stuff was only being used on quilt interiors b/c of fragility. I wouldn't want to see this thing after a 100 yd bushwhack through brambles. I bet it wouldn'...

In GEAR » Berghaus 110 gram waterproof smock
June 21, 9:32am

Re: Just another tool
I wouldn't feel comfortable with a GPS if I didn't have map and compass skills. I don't care one way or the other how people rationalize their choices, but personally once I learned, ma...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is GPS All in Our Heads?
June 21, 9:28am

wow
Awesome all around.

In Post-Trip Reports » Pukaskwa: 160kms Around the Outside via Foot & Raft
June 19, 11:19am

Re: All good reasons..BUT
Paul, I once had a German SO and she was much was the same. I get your compromise. :)

In GEAR » Why floorless tents are actually better for the fastidious
June 19, 10:52am

Why floorless tents are actually better for the fastidious
1. If you use a groundsheet, there still IS a floor. It's just not attached to the sides. 2. The floor is packed separately so when it's muddy it doesn't get the rest of the tent dirty...

In GEAR » Why floorless tents are actually better for the fastidious
June 19, 9:22am

Missing?
I think the MH scree gaiters were mentioned in an earlier article in this series but they're not reviewed here. No Rab or Haglofs rainwear? The Enzo at least is under 8 oz and probably dese...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Part 4b: Gear Reviews (Continued)
June 19, 8:30am

All Reader Reviews by spelt the enigmatic

spelt the enigmatic has posted no reviews.