BPL Community Profile

spelt the enigmatic (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt the enigmatic

Showing 511 - 520 of 1349 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...135

Forum » Thread

which
Sale items in the regular store, the outlet, or both? Is there a code?

In Gear Deals » Campsaver: extra 20% off sale items
June 27, 7:30am

scree tops
FWIW, the tops of the MH Screes are NOT loose if you have larger calves. If your legs are very large you might find them too tight, as the cuff has a limited amount of stretch.

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Gaiters: State of the Market Report 2013
June 26, 2:22pm

Re: quotes
Can't believe no one has yet said, "Not all who wander are lost."

In Philosophy & Technique » Words to hike by
June 26, 10:20am

Re: Common repairs
Rivers were very low this spring and I dragged my butt across all sort of gravel on maybe half a dozen trips. I found one pinhole in the floor--and I do mean pinhole; I would never have found it if...

In Packrafting » Common repairs
June 25, 12:28pm

Re: Backpacking with heavyweighters
OP, your experience would have frustrated me immensely. I think if I were to hike with those friends again, I would plan a very deliberately easy trip and bring some fancy dinner and booze. Differe...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking with heavyweighters
June 25, 6:35am

Re: trip report?
It gives a report of a hike and the experience of the hiker who wrote it. It's a trip report. It talks less about gear than a lot of trip reports with pictures (which you seem to think of as &q...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking with heavyweighters
June 25, 6:32am

Re: Re: Recommend a complex carb
Cooked sweet potatoes mashed up with a little coconut butter, sea salt (*very little, to taste) cinnamon, vanilla, touch of honey for added sweetness, and diced pecans. Throw it in a baggie and mun...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Recommend a complex carb
June 22, 6:14pm

Re: Re: curious
Wouldn't you only be wearing it if it were raining? Doesn't wearing something over it defeat the point?

In GEAR » Berghaus 110 gram waterproof smock
June 22, 7:48am

contrary opinion
Board shorts are great if you have a regular length inseam. For a short person they are basically baggy capris. No thanks.

In GEAR » Board shorts
June 21, 1:34pm

Re: Weight is no concern?
For as often as I have heard of LT4s snapping, there is no way I would buy them. I don't have the $$$ to replace a major item of gear every season, and poles are the same as shoes or pants to m...

In Gear Deals » Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork
June 21, 1:29pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt the enigmatic

spelt the enigmatic has posted no reviews.