Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 511 - 520 of 1392 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...140

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail
Kat, you are dissembling. Fence or no, imaginary or no, choosing not to choose is a choice. Saying there is no clear, good choice is one thing (Ian's argument). I hear you saying you do not see...

In Chaff » what to do when encountering guns on the trail
July 15, 8:09am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail
To be honest, you are implying that one of the parties is significantly worse than the other but I'm not sure which one you are talking about. That was by intention. As soon as you get int...

July 15, 8:00am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail
Ian, that is exactly the false equivalency that I am talking about: this notion that because neither side is perfect, they therefore MUST be equally bad. Just because a point of view exists does no...

July 14, 10:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what to do when encountering guns on the trail
Choosing to stay on the fence is still a choice. I'm sure I don't agree with all of Ken's beliefs, but drawing false equivalencies just makes a person look foolish. Both sides do bad th...

July 14, 7:07pm

What's the deal with SUPs
I don't get it. They seem as heavy as a typical hard shell kayak without any enclosed storage to make them useful for trips. I guess you could strap a drybag to it. Doesn't seem like you su...

In Other Activities » What's the deal with SUPs
July 14, 12:43pm

website
Not sure why everyone always calls McHale's website "the worst." The pictures are big and clear and there are a lot of them. It could do with some better organization is all.

In GEAR » A McHale demo pack arrived today
July 14, 11:45am

no need to involve the authorities
Just pick a fight with him and shoot him. I hear you can get away with that now.

In Chaff » Need to rant...
July 14, 11:05am

Re: Big list of mini gear reviews / 5-day trip post mortem / suggestions requested
I understand precisely what you are doing with this b/c I do a debrief of every trip I take wrt gear choice, function, and ideas for improvement. Unfortunately I don't have experience with most...

In GEAR » Big list of mini gear reviews / 5-day trip post mortem / suggestions requested
July 14, 8:56am

Re: Re: Need to rant...
We are the fattest country in the world already and consistently score lower on most measures of population health than countries with universal healthcare. How much more "financial incentive&...

In Chaff » Need to rant...
July 14, 8:51am

Re: What To Do When Encountering GUMS on The Trail?
Congratulate them for getting out there and wish them happy trails for many years to come.

In Chaff » What To Do When Encountering GUMS on The Trail?
July 14, 8:43am

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.