Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Martin (randalmartin) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me My primary pursuits are mountaineering (hiking with the goal of a summit) but I am beginning to re-kindle my love of Backpacking. In particular I have become a big fan of the Ultralight approach and love this website. I seem to be in a perpetual state of shelter/sleep system evaluation. My current setup for shelter is a GG SpinnTwinn with YMG Bug Bivy 1.0 (summer) or Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy(colder). Sleep system is Katabatic Chisos 40 degree quilt with Neoair short.
CityCastle Rock

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Martin

Showing 511 - 520 of 713 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...72

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Wildcat 2.0
I just used the REWARDS20 coupon code at REI online to buy the new Wildcats along with my dividend. I tried them on earlier in the day along with some Brooks Cascade's and one other style. I ...

In GEAR » La Sportiva Wildcat 2.0
March 18, 8:58pm

Re: Re: Re: 20% off coupon works now
"a lot of personal information on a very public forum. guess not everyone's worried about privacy." What's to be worried about? No one is putting the credit card numbers out ...

In Gear Deals » REI Dividend?
March 18, 7:25pm

Mesh Pocket on Jam
So I had Katharina Pierini make me a custom mesh pocket for my Jam using some No-see-um mesh. Below are pictures. My next step is likely to completely remove the outside pocket on the Jam. The s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding outside mesh pocket to Jam
March 18, 5:03pm

Bear Canister needed on CT?
Hard sided bear canister is not required on the CT. I would recommend Ursack with an Opsak inside of that.

In Gear Lists » CT 2012. First "long" distance hike.
March 18, 9:04am

Re: Trail runners and heavy pack weight?
"My pack usually weighs north of 50lbs and I am almost exclusively off-trail bushwacking." Sounds like the first thing is get your pack weight down and then trail runners will make sense.

In GEAR » Boots versus Trail Runners
March 14, 11:41am

Sold-Payment Received

In Gear Swap » Arcteryx Theta AR Men's Small
March 14, 6:46am

Tape on CF Poles
Do you recommend wrapping the lower section of your CF poles in duct tape to prevent knicks that may compromise the pole strength?

In GEAR » Tape on CF Poles
March 13, 10:51pm

Re: wife
Agree with Jason's comment. The Patagonia Cap 2 is actually more breathable and faster drying than the Cap 1 due to it's more open weave. Directly from Patagonia "Its open-knit c...

In GEAR » Fastest drying long sleeve baselayer
March 13, 8:56pm

Re: A few thoughts, Meta 2p
I would strongly encourage you to look only at dual side entry tents. There are plenty out there and for two people a dual entry, dual vestibule is an awesome feature. For that reason alone I wou...

In GEAR » First lightweight Tent, help!!
March 13, 8:11pm

SOLD Arcteryx Theta AR Men's Small
$125 Shipped CONUS. Used less than 10 times all in winter. This is a Goretex Pro Shell Arcteryx jacket. Do your research and you will know your buying a premium shell. The second and third pi...

In Gear Swap » Arcteryx Theta AR Men's Small
March 13, 8:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Martin

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Katabatic Gear Bristlecone (Regular Length, Wide Width)
I have had the Bristlecone Bivy for a year and really appreciate the side zipper for ease of entry/exit. The mesh is just right for breathability and views. The stake out loops are nice when you wan...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 15, 6:03pm

Marmot Atom
The bag is true to it's 40 degree rating and when I sleep with insulating layers on I have comfortably slept in this bag down to the upper 20's. If you are cold in this bag at 50 then I suspe...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 31, 1:59pm