BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 511 - 520 of 587 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Forum » Thread

55/5(legs raised)
This method sounds logical. I will put it to the test in a couple of weekends time, when a friend and I are likely going to attempt a 50/50 weekend-two 50km days with about 15kg rucksacks, on re...

In Philosophy & Technique » Rest Periods When Hiking
November 18, 10:24pm

Running packs
I think trying a few more Adventure racing/mountain running packs is definitely the go. I will probably do the same, and find one with a harness that works for me. I will then probably cut the p...

In GEAR » Running with UL Packs
November 15, 8:33pm

Weight for MDS
additionally, the MINIMUM pack weight must be 6.5kg at the start of the race. There is no point in going lower than this, otherwise you will be penalised. If you come under add more food. Normal...

In GEAR » Running with UL Packs
November 15, 6:18pm

Is gore a vapour barrier
Adding to Einstein X's comments, if you have sufficient ventilation say at the neck of a sleeping bag, the greatly hindered breathability of Gore in cold conditions will likely force alot of...

In GEAR » Does gortex act as a vapor barrier...
November 15, 5:31pm

Inspirational
Andy, I think you have completely reset the limits and have shown us all, once again, what is possible with the right gear, techniques, training and most importantly attitude. I look forward gre...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Great Western Loop
November 08, 11:14pm

Re: Re: Bushwacking Shell
Roger, I guess my comment with regards to the temperature is more down to myself...even when its mid winter in the Flinders, or in Central Australia (I've walked there in July too) and its p...

In Editor's Roundtable » Notes from the Field – Bushwacking Shell
November 07, 4:30pm

Bushwacking Shell
Roger, the top looks fantastic. I reckon I would get too hot in it at any time of year in SA, but it would be brilliant in Tasmania, particularly off-track like in the SW. I am wondering what...

In Editor's Roundtable » Notes from the Field – Bushwacking Shell
November 07, 12:22am

Re: Re: Things I've learnt the hard way: Kung Pow Chicken
Not at the time Roger. It was the first time I had used freeze dried meals (I remember now-Backpacker's Pantry-I've tried a few and they generally seem quite nice)-I got them for free from ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Important Lesson's You've Learned the Hard Way
November 03, 5:10am

Things I've learnt the hard way: Kung Pow Chicken
This is one incident, that generally brings considerable joy to those who hear it, and added embarressment for me... 1. Jetboil stove used on your first trip with it along, will have suffered da...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Important Lesson's You've Learned the Hard Way
November 03, 2:35am

Re: warm drinks
I like hot drinks before bed and in the morning if possible...I never used to, but after a while I realised the small extra packweight and effort was totally worth it. Why? Well I'm out in the ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Warm drink vs Cold drink...
November 01, 6:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.