Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 511 - 520 of 751 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...76

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: SUL Pack
I agree that SUL doesn't mean you have to use pack not designed to carry heavier weights. I think its totally possible to do Skurka style crazy trips in the right places, without much resupply....

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL and thru-hikes
August 15, 5:53am

Re: Re: Re: Desalination or dambuilding for Victoria?
Actually, as far as I'm aware many of the major dams built in Australia have sluices, and we can control how much water is released from them in some cases, for environmental flows. The prob...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
September 06, 7:05pm

Re: Re: My First Bicycle Tour
Sorry, yes I agree on the weight distribution. However it depends a lot on what his load is and where it is in those rear panniers. On a road bike with drop bars your weight is pretty frontward in ...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » My First Bicycle Tour
July 20, 6:30am

Re: Re: My First Bicycle Tour
Looks like his rack and panniers sit a fair way back, with the panniers starting around the hub. I'd have no trouble myself with heel clip on the panniers in that situation, and I'm US9.5 s...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » My First Bicycle Tour
July 20, 2:26am

Re: "MLD Spectralite Poncho/Tarp"
Steven and co, Just wondering, its a bit over a year now since this thread started...how are these ponchos holding up, and after how many nights of use? I'm thinking about going SUL for s...

In GEAR » MLD Spectralite Poncho/Tarp
July 13, 10:47pm

Re: Moment Liner
And how much will it weigh, and what are the benefits? I can see it being handy if you are in condensation prone conditions and don't like getting wet from the walls. But will it add much warmt...

In GEAR » New Tarptent ;this is the Moment !!!
July 08, 8:49pm

Driducks under pack wear
Just wondering how driducks hold up to long term usage underneath a pack? I'm guessing those areas wear out faster? Also, which particular driducks models do people use? Looking at the frogg...

In GEAR » I don't understand DriDucks
July 05, 7:56pm

Re: Re: My thoughts from the weekend
Thanks for the reply :-) 1) I'd love to do this too, and it would be part of the plan to be able to get interested Scout Troops (10.5-14years old in Aus) and Venturer Units (14-18) to build ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Recommend Big 3 as "loaners" for Scouts
June 17, 9:57pm

My thoughts from the weekend
I admit to being a bit lazy as a Scouter in South Australia in the last year or so. Apart from running a 4 day bushwalking comp over Easter for Venturers (14-18 year old Scouts in Aus), I've on...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Recommend Big 3 as "loaners" for Scouts
June 15, 10:21pm

PHD Customer service
I haven't bought anything from PHD yet, however I enquired about two years ago about their Minum Ultra bags. I was wondering about the girth, and whether it would work with a light down jacket ...

In GEAR » PHD problems
March 15, 10:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.