BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 511 - 520 of 688 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...69

Forum » Thread

Re: All (the insulation) in the bag
Unless I am mistaken, JrB dont seem to make a sythetic version of their no sniveller wearable quilts? I can imagine being sythetic might convert more people who are worried about getting their only...

In GEAR » Quilt Question
April 03, 5:05pm

more names
I was thinking: Tora, as in Tora Bora (its a cave system in Afghanistan, and also the name of a dune complex in a Desert I work in). I just like the sound of it, but it means Tiger in japanese, an...

In Chaff » Baby name ideas?
April 03, 12:09am

SUC-Super Ultra Cheap, South Face, etc...
David Wills, ROFL. Some of your posts on this site are hilarious, and just what I needed right now whilst the GIS software I am using continually crashes on me wasting days of work. But serio...

In Gear Lists » Cheapest UL Gear List Challenge
April 02, 11:37pm

180 Quilt warmth vs Climashield XP 5oz
I was just checkin out thru-hiker.com for the first time in a while, and they have 5oz/square yard climashield XP, with a clo/oz of .81. The 180 quilt should have about the same weight in insulati...

In GEAR » Quilt Question
April 02, 1:33am

Re: What do you do to maximise mileage?
Last year sometime there was a thread posted about rest stops in order to maximise mileage. A couple of people suggested 5mins break every hour, with feet elevated (eg on a pack) to drain the bad ...

In Philosophy & Technique » What do you do to maximize mileage?
April 01, 5:09pm

Stuff sack sizes for Cocoon products
Hi everyone I am looking at getting some stuff sacks in a couple of days for My new cocoon gear: Cocoon UL180 Long quilt Cocoon UL60 Hoody Cocoon UL60 Pants Roughly what sizes (cubic inche...

In GEAR » Stuff sack sizes for Cocoon products
March 30, 10:00pm

Re: Pot for Caldera Cone
I want to get a CC now too...I was umming and arring in the past but with the additional comments on this thread people have made, it sounds like the GO. I have a firelite 1300 Pot (I love this ...

In GEAR » Why buy the Caldera Cone?
March 14, 7:31pm

Re: Hiking in Cold Rain
I think Jhaura is right about overall pace. Most aussies and NZ walkers (the more experienced, traditional ones anyway-this may be broad sweeping generalization) wear a jacket that goes to about...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking In Cold Rain
March 14, 7:20pm

Re: Caldera for Jetboil
I doubt that a caldera cone would be much more fuel efficient with a jetboil flux ring pot. I'm sure they could make a caldera no probs for it, but I doubt youll see much extra efficiency. T...

In GEAR » Why buy the Caldera Cone?
March 14, 7:31am

Gear shop workers
I used to be one aswell until 6months ago. I used to cop a bit of stick from fellow employers for thinking alot about the weights of gear. Most of them (its worse in Aus, and its complicated ove...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why people gotta hate on the UL crowd?
March 02, 3:46am

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.