Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 511 - 520 of 706 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...71

Forum » Thread

Oman
A mate of mine is moving to Oman for about 2 years starting at the end of the year. He is keen to have mates come visit him, and for us to do some trekking. Anyone done any trekking in Oman and ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Oman
May 13, 6:10pm

Re: Wild & crazy gear, etc, etc
I like the idea of the cart. A few hundred grams of CF or Ti would do as the frame. 4x 20" lightweight bicycle wheels with lightweight road tyres at ~500g each. Add a bit of weight for a...

In Chaff » Wild & crazy gear that we don't yet know we need
May 12, 10:00pm

Re: Filter for third world countries
Terry, which filter are you talking about when you mention Katadyn carbon filter? There are only a couple of Katadyn filters which include a carbon core. The pocket is one of them, which I would...

In GEAR » Water purifying query:
May 09, 3:09am

Re: Stealth Colours
Depends on what you want a "Stealth" tent for franco. My father just bought a Hilleberg Nallo 2 GT for bushwalking in alpine areas (he is doing the overland track in July). As I will l...

In GEAR » Stealth colors
May 09, 12:29am

Re: Re: "Water and tanking up"
A south australian perspective: its pretty rare, in fact, never happens that we won't start a walk or start out from a water source with less than 2L of water here. Even in winter. Water sourc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Water and Tanking Up
May 05, 10:16pm

Roman's 30day 2gallon/day stove quest
My guess would be that the race here is between an upside down canister gas stove and a white gas stove. MSR XGK might be the best bet. Or a simmerlite

In GEAR » Alcohol vs. Cannister Stove
May 04, 6:49pm

"The carbon flame war"
Great debate. I am most certainly on the side that anthropogenic global warming is an issue. And I would hazard a pretty accurate guess that 100% of Earth and Environmental Scientists at the Uni...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
April 28, 5:48pm

PHD Launch 900 Loft Down Products
http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/900down.php I just got an email from them about this. LOOKS VERY IMPRESSIVE! I think they have just set the new standard...some of their gear, like the ultra ves...

In GEAR » PHD Launch 900 Loft Down Products
April 22, 8:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Joby
I wouldn't expect you to be able to wrap a joby round a vertical tree branch with an SLR off the side at right angles (I guess you could if you let the SLR flop gently into the upright tree). B...

In Photography » Best Camera for Hiking?
April 13, 7:37pm

Joby
I also have a Joby. I love it! It works really well. I leave it connected most of the time, its so small it doesnt get in the way of taking a normal hand held shot. Wraps great around small tree ...

In Photography » Best Camera for Hiking?
April 12, 8:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.