BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 511 - 520 of 596 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Forum » Thread

Tommy's Wood Stove
Looking at the pictures, it certainly looks interesting! I like the idea of a false floor-easy way to improve efficiency and at the same time reduce the potential of a fire scar and/or setting g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wood stove that uses a Heny pot?
November 28, 9:35pm

Re: Re: Clarifications
Yep, doesnt look good like that. Jeff, I would see the comments as positives rather than negatives. Everyone on BPL knows and respects the GG gear for what its worth. But nothing is perfect. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Miniposa Backpack REVIEW
November 28, 9:09pm

Re: keep trying and be patient...
Andrew, Ive had the same problem in Adelaide. Couldnt find JB weld anywhere. im sure there are other high heat tolerant epoxys around if you look though. I also had trouble finding the high hea...

In Make Your Own Gear » Stove Help PLEASE!!!
November 27, 7:32pm

Orienting the map without compass
actually, I never orient the map with a compass, and never have any difficulties either. I guess I just have an inherent knowledge of where North is. Being on a planet with the sun on the horizo...

In Philosophy & Technique » GPS no compass?
November 27, 12:26am

No compass
Most of my walking is offtrack, usually with 50K maps. I usually take a compass, unless I forget, in which case I dont care. I have only ever used a compass whilst bushwalking once. And even then ...

In Philosophy & Technique » GPS no compass?
November 26, 4:41pm

testing proto
Tom, I am thinking about making a variety of different woodstoves, including designing/modifying designs of my own, for part of my Baden Powell Award for Rover Scouts (the highest youth award in...

November 25, 9:12pm

efficiency
Personally, with the wood stove, I wouldn't try to get it boiling faster, but get it burning cleaner with less smoke. I think this is the biggest turn off for me. As an added benefit it will b...

November 20, 6:28pm

testing proto
I would love to test one...but Im in Australia, and postage isnt that cheap. Are you looking at refining the design for your own use, or is this for a commercial venture? Is your stove a doub...

November 20, 6:25pm

wood stove for small pot
Tom, I am very interested in your design and materials. I am looking into creating a woodstove for a small pot of about 1-1.3L, and am thinking of usin lightweight mesh covered in a BPL Ti windscr...

November 20, 4:37pm

55/5(legs raised)
This method sounds logical. I will put it to the test in a couple of weekends time, when a friend and I are likely going to attempt a 50/50 weekend-two 50km days with about 15kg rucksacks, on re...

In Philosophy & Technique » Rest Periods When Hiking
November 18, 10:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.