BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 511 - 520 of 657 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...66

Forum » Thread

Fabric costs/min orders
Andrew at One Planet mentioned that they have quite a range of fabric selections in small quantities available, that they have recieved in the past as samples, etc. So they may have some Dyneema; m...

In Make Your Own Gear » One Planet Shadow manufacturer mod's suggestions needed
January 09, 8:38pm

dyneema gridstop
id make it full dyneema but the expense...and also they may not be able to source the fabrics.

January 08, 6:25pm

One Planet Shadow manufacturer mod's suggestions needed
Hi everyone Two mates and I are conducting an expedition in August this year in South Australia. Essentially its 12.5 days and 625km, ~50km/day. Base gear weight excluding the actual pack is ~3....

January 07, 9:32pm

JB weld in Aus
Thanks everyone for the response. I'll ask a couple of mates who are mechanics if they can score me anything, and if that fails it sounds like I should head into KMart. I went to Bunnings abo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Explorations into Candle Stoves
January 07, 4:15pm

Re: Re:
Huzefa, as far as mats go, you should be able to find closed cell foam mats pretty cheap. In Aus you can sometimes get them for only about US$2.50. Making a quilt should be pretty straight fo...

In GEAR » anything more compressible then WM summerlite?
January 04, 5:41am

Re: Re: Oz thermals
Of the thermal brands Roger mentions available in Oz, I have owned and used all but the Peter Storm stuff. I have also used Mountain Designs Thermals. Of them all, the wilderness wear polypropyl...

In Editor's Roundtable » Post-Trip Assessment of Lightweight Gear for Long Distance Hiking
January 04, 2:05am

Re: Re: re: "Australians ... let us rejoice?"
The suggestions sound good Arapiles. I particularly like the suggestions about the Agenda. I think an article on dry/desert walking on BPL would be a good idea. While it might not benefit man...

In GEAR » Australians ... let us rejoice?
January 03, 7:52pm

Re: Re: more hot air
Mark and Ryan, I've been thinking about making an alcohol stove with a donut shape ever since I made my first one (a Pepsi-G). Mark, what did you use for the weld? Please don't say JB...

January 03, 5:40pm

Zip side="looking for status"
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will make sure I start using it at work (in a gear store) and pass it onto all the other staff. There isn't enough love in the big wide world. I&#...

In Chaff » Sleeping bag zipper
January 02, 10:36pm

Candle Stove fuel efficiency
Is it just me or is 6g to boil 455ml sounding remarkably efficient? If you can put up with the crap boil time...wow! I think Mark might be really onto something here.

January 02, 1:15am

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.