Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 511 - 520 of 697 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...70

Forum » Thread

Joby
I also have a Joby. I love it! It works really well. I leave it connected most of the time, its so small it doesnt get in the way of taking a normal hand held shot. Wraps great around small tree ...

In Photography » Best Camera for Hiking?
April 12, 8:44pm

Scoping out to make sub1lb easier
Local knowledge could have a real difference here for sure. I am comparing in my head doing say a traverse of the Arthur Ranges in SW Tasmania... probably very similar conditions to JMT from what ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sub 1 lb. XUL : Possible or BS?
April 07, 8:40pm

Re: Re: Aboriginals...
dont feel bad, modern Australians are just as P*ss weak. :)

April 07, 8:06pm

Aboriginals...
No, the aboriginals were very nomadic, and really didnt carry much at all-no big water containers, except sometimes using a shallow wooden dish with grass in it (could probably hold a pint). They w...

April 07, 7:45pm

Yeah, the Aboriginals had it easy...
Right, so harsh Deserts with no water for a bloody long way, with temperatures over 40C during the day and going under freezing at night aren't harsh. Australian Aboriginals thrived in them for...

April 07, 7:25pm

Re: Re: Sub 1 lb. XUL : Possible or BS?
The guy must be a pretty Hardcore MoFo then. As my Rover Crew would say...TFH. I'm guessing he is probably SF...I've met some Aussie SF and ex-SF guys, and the sheer animal willpower ...

April 07, 6:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Sub 1 lb. XUL : Possible or BS?
Looking at Mark Henley's list, I am quite convinced its possible, though I'm not familiar with the conditions on the JMT. That list proposed would be more than possible in South Austral...

April 07, 6:34pm

Re: patrick's PCT list
Hi Patrick. Im in Australia, and I'm jealous! One day Ill take a few months off for a PCT thru-hike. But make sure you take a camera!!! I didnt see it on the list...stuff the weight, some...

In Gear Lists » Thru Hike List-PCT
April 07, 6:02pm

The affluenza message and backpacking, etc
I actually quite liked seeing the review here. I feel bad all the time about how much crap I accumulate, particularly backpacking gear that I dont really need, its just a bit lighter, leaving the o...

In Editor's Roundtable » Affluenza: Fact-Heavy Book Carries a Lightweight Message
April 04, 10:22pm

Re: All (the insulation) in the bag
Unless I am mistaken, JrB dont seem to make a sythetic version of their no sniveller wearable quilts? I can imagine being sythetic might convert more people who are worried about getting their only...

In GEAR » Quilt Question
April 03, 5:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.