J W (jhaura) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale www.Trailability.com
About Me http://www.facebook.com/JhauraWachsman
CityOjai
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://Trailability.com
My PDF Gear ListJhaura's 3 Season, Sub-5, Updated Feb 16, 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J W

Showing 511 - 520 of 599 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Forum » Thread

Cutting Insultation
Bill, hey there. The climashield is a 60" roll width correct? But most quilts are longer, yours included. Looking at the pictures it looks like you cut your piece 60" long and pieced on another? Di...

In Make Your Own Gear » 6.64oz Climashield-COMBAT Bivy Liner/Quilt
November 02, 3:30pm

Re: JMT Shaver
Good on you Al! It sounds like you got that out of your system, now you can rest for awhile. I sympathize with you on the nocturnal navigation and the pain of missing a turn. Sometimes those ref...

In Editor's Roundtable » Results: John Muir Trail (JMT) Record Attempt - Unsupported, Without Resupply
October 31, 10:34pm

FS: 3/32" Stainless Steel Rods
All items paypal or money order. Larger pics on request. Questions or paypal to jhaura *__at__* gmail *__dot__* com 11 Lincoln 3/32"X36" 308L stainless steel rods, plus one 1/8"X12" stainless st...

In Gear Swap » FS: 3/32" Stainless Steel Rods
October 31, 10:03pm

In Gear Swap » Patagonia Micropuff Men's S, Black NWT
October 31, 5:06pm

Re: How to box a bivy bottom
Chris, How's it going? The boxing it easier than that. There are only two pieces of fabric for the bivy: the top red piece and the blue bottom. Both are exactly the same dimensions. So to box it...

In GEAR » Quilt User's Bivy 5.8 oz
October 28, 3:29pm

Updated Quilt Bivy
After my last trip I made two adjustments to my bivy. The new weight is 5.5oz. 1. Preloaded 1/16" shockcord with interior routing so it can be adjusted from inside the bivy. The preload allow...

In GEAR » Quilt User's Bivy 5.8 oz
October 28, 3:09pm

Re: Propel and Nightlight
I'm interested. Email sent.

In Gear Swap » A lot fo Gear
October 28, 2:04pm

Re: simBLISSity Gaiters
Do the simBLISSity gaiters slip over your foot or do they have a velcro strip and open up?

In GEAR » Light Gaiters: OR FlexTex, REI Mistral or Other
October 28, 10:37am

Re: BPL Rank
Ryan, what is the BPL Rank feature all about? Thanks for the profile feature, nice personal touch. Best, Jhaura

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Forum Profile
October 27, 7:54pm

Re: Wearable Sleep Gear
Bill, hey there. If I correctly understand this thread so far on the topic of insulation (from Richards points and your posts), the gist is that you are thinking about a three layer insulation syst...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for a Mid-January AT Start
October 27, 8:09am

All Reader Reviews by J W

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
Just received these poles so this is a pre-trip review. Superb craftsmanship, super light and exactly what I would have made if I could do it myself. The adjustable mechanism is easy to use and ...

In Trekking Poles
July 04, 10:45pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip Pack
The perfect balance between light weight and durability with features like side pockets, padded shoulder straps and dyneema spectra grid fabric, all for under 10 oz. I have a second generation one,...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 25, 7:10pm

Patagonia Men's Wool 2 Crew long sleeve
I love this shirt more than any other I own. The only problem is the durability. I'm on my second one and have had numorous holes 1/8" to 1/4" in diameter pop up all over on both. Also, ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
June 25, 11:43am

Adventure Medical Kits Heatsheets Emergency Bivvy
Rating 4/5 because the construction was under par. They use tape to form the bivy shape from a single piece of material. The tape job was sloppy with some holes in the bottom. Other than that a great ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
December 18, 12:05pm

Gossamer Gear
Thumbs up to GG. They don't make a lot of items, rather a few quality niche packs and other gear. I really like their sourcing of other industry items and presenting them for backpacking, such as the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 29, 7:38pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
Initial Review Oct 2006: Out of the box I love it, light as a feather, VERY well made and sized perfect for my intended use. I really like the shape, it's like a slim aerodynamic sled. GG's products a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 16, 8:00pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
Just got mine in the mail and tinkered with it a bit. Like the previous reviewer, the rivet looks very suspect. I will write more after some use. Drilled the rivet out to remove the pan. The pan we...

In Stoves - Other
August 16, 8:03pm