Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Whynot (jdw01776) - BPL Guest

My Locale Southeast Texas
About Me Hiking and backpacking (on and off) since 1976, mainly in the northeastern United States.
CityHouston
StateTX
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Whynot

Showing 511 - 520 of 557 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Tarp Tent Crisis
>>A quick search turns up "Bobcat Urine" "Coyote Urine" and more, with absorbent hangers Animal urines are marketed to hunters to either mask human scent or attract gam...

In GEAR » Tarp Tent Crisis
January 03, 2:57pm

Re: Tarp Tent Crisis
No personal experience with the product (or the problem), but McNett MiraZyme Odor Eliminator is recommended by many gear care guides for removing strong odors.

In GEAR » Tarp Tent Crisis
January 03, 2:34pm

Re: Re: Iridium 2-way tracker vs. Globalstar one-way
>>So an ACR MicroFix signals an emergency and somewhere in the chain of command someone says "Well lets just wait a bit to see it this is real"? I think he was refering to non-PL...

In Editor's Roundtable » SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker - Full Review
December 31, 10:14am

Re: Plastic Fastener Source?
Those clips look like mitten hooks -- available from Quest Outfitters.

In Make Your Own Gear » Plastic Fastener Source?
December 28, 8:52pm

Re: New to Backpacking
>>Thermal Shirt - 6.5 oz - May not be warm enough No idea where in Texas you are going backpacking, but it can get cold, especially in December and January. Check the forecast before leavi...

In Gear Lists » New to Backpacking
December 19, 6:24pm

Re: Origin of names
>>Now I am back to packing my bivvy into my rucksack and ensuring that my poncho is readily accessible when it starts tipping down. Leave both the bivvy and poncho home, and bring a cagoul...

In Chaff » Great Products - Dump names
December 15, 6:57pm

Re: Thanks for all the help
>>I'll leave behind the Petzl and just go with the one red LED. If I was planning on hiking at night I would go with the Petzl. I would like to upgrade to a 4 LED light. Anyone know of an...

In Gear Lists » My First Gear List
December 10, 5:44pm

Re: Learning winter UL
>>How can I learn to transition to winter hiking and camping? I'm in central new york and looking to spend some time in Adirondacks as soon as possible. Try the ADK Winter Mountaineeri...

In Philosophy & Technique » Learning winter UL
December 10, 5:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Great Products - Dump names
>>Sorry, its Crimean Campaign, not war. (1941-1942) No it was the Crimean War 1853 - 1856. Charge of the Light Brigade, Battle of Balaclava, etc.

December 10, 3:07pm

Re: Great Products - Dump names
>>Maybe its because the “balaclava” has only been around since the Crimean War (1941). The Crimean War was a bit earlier than that. The headgear is named after the Battle of Balaclava,...

December 10, 2:42pm

All Reader Reviews by John Whynot

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
A clever, well-engineered, and lightweight (0.35 ounces by my scale) gadget for mounting a camera on the tip of a trekking pole. Should work with any compact camera with a tripod socket. Works ver...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 16, 10:55am

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
I purchased these as a replacement for my overbuilt Montbell Stretch Windpants. The fabric of the Trekking pants is a microgrid ripstop nylon, with a slightly textured inner surface. Size medium...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 8:31pm