BPL Community Profile

Walter Carrington (Snowleopard) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Mass.
About Me Walter Carrington has not added a biography yet.
CityAshburnham
StateMA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Walter Carrington

Showing 511 - 520 of 557 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Forum » Thread

Homemade 1 micron filter? No testing was done!!
It doesn't appear that any testing was done, so can he know it works as he claims? What per centage of each size does it filter out? I would absolutely not trust this to filter out harmfu...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Homemade 1 micron filter?
June 01, 12:10pm

What diameter tube for filters?
A possible easy way to set up a water filter is to use the top for a nalgene water bottle with nipple: http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___23234 If you pull the moveable part of this ni...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » anyone using a gravity filter
May 31, 3:15pm

RE: Harbor Freight store tarp.
I got a couple cheap tarps from Ocean State Job Lot that appear similar to the 1.75oz/sq yard tarps. They seem like a good idea to see if you want to use a tarp. People have also fashioned tarps ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Using Harbor Frieght tarp?
May 28, 9:33am

Sleep apnea and weight loss.
Weight loss can reduce snoring and 'cure' mild sleep apnea. For other reasons I went on a very low fat, mainly vegetarian, lots of whole grains diet. Everybody who keeps to this diet with...

In Philosophy & Technique » Any backpackers with Sleep Apnea?
May 28, 8:57am

AMC
Join the NY chapter of AMC (Appalachian Mountain Club, www.outdoors.org) and rideshare on their trips.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Car-less backpacking from NYC
May 25, 1:25pm

Organic water.
I sympathize. The suggestion of a gravity filter is good, but you may need to do something else if harmful viruses are present. Sawyer does make a filter that filters viruses (0.02 micron). ...

In GEAR » Chems, pumps, and pens
May 24, 2:43pm

Weight of pack?
What does your present pack weigh? There are advantages to external frame packs, especially if it's not really heavy.

In GEAR » Which packs should I be looking at?
May 23, 1:40pm

Kephart.
If you use the Kephart shelter, you really should be reading Horace Kephart's books (Camping and Woodcraft, written in 1906, Lightweight the oldfashioned way.)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » shelters in the Smokey Mountains
May 22, 12:43pm

Alcohol stoves and headache.
Headache could be caused by carbon monoxide that these stoves emit when burning. If that's the case, use better ventilation or a canister stove (lower CO). If the stove is new there may be...

In GEAR » Alcohol burning gives me a sinus headache
May 22, 12:40pm

Panthers in Mississippi
You're lucky if you have panthers there; it must be a pretty remote property. If you're sure you have panthers in the vicinity of your property, you should try to get pictures of it or a...

In GEAR » Beginner Backpack
May 21, 11:11am

All Reader Reviews by Walter Carrington

Walter Carrington has posted no reviews.