BPL Community Profile

Walter Carrington (Snowleopard) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Mass.
About Me Walter Carrington has not added a biography yet.
CityAshburnham
StateMA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Walter Carrington

Showing 511 - 520 of 564 | Page: 1 ...38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Forum » Thread

window insulation shrink film
jcolten: "re: polycryo It has been said here on BPL forums that polycryo is the material used for heat shrink window insulation film. I have both and the tactile feel is the same, weight is ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Ultra Light / Super Ultra Cheap
June 06, 12:48pm

Photographer.
That is one cool photographer.

In Chaff » how do you handle a situtation like this?
June 04, 11:45am

Sawyer filter.
I got this Sawyer water bottle/filter at Walmart: https://docforgey2.com/more.asp?pid=50 except, no faucett adapter with the Walmart bottle (and $2 more). If shipping is not too expensive then ...

In GEAR » Most efficient gravity filter system - need market update
June 03, 5:36pm

Cheap pots.
For cheap and light pots for boiling water, the IMUSA mugs and grease pot are a couple dollars: https://www.end2endtrailsupply.com/Imusa_Mugs.html 80mm mug 1.8 oz $2.50 100 mm mug 2.4 oz $3.50 ...

In GEAR » Titanium vs. Aluminum
June 02, 3:04pm

90& filtering is bad.
Filtering out 90% of everything below 1 micron is not very good. The Sawyer 0.1 micron filter is an absolute filter and filters out "removes 7 log (99.99999%) of all bacteria like salmonella,...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Homemade 1 micron filter?
June 02, 10:14am

Aluminum and acid foods.
Acidic foods cooked in non-anodized aluminum pots can pick up quite a bit of aluminum, especially if you store it in the pot overnight. It then has an unpleasant 'metallic' taste. Mostly...

In GEAR » Titanium vs. Aluminum
June 02, 9:55am

Homemade filter
Roleigh, The idea is good, but I doubt if this homemade filter will reliably do the job.

June 01, 6:53pm

Homemade 1 micron filter? No testing was done!!
It doesn't appear that any testing was done, so can he know it works as he claims? What per centage of each size does it filter out? I would absolutely not trust this to filter out harmfu...

June 01, 12:10pm

What diameter tube for filters?
A possible easy way to set up a water filter is to use the top for a nalgene water bottle with nipple: http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___23234 If you pull the moveable part of this ni...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » anyone using a gravity filter
May 31, 3:15pm

RE: Harbor Freight store tarp.
I got a couple cheap tarps from Ocean State Job Lot that appear similar to the 1.75oz/sq yard tarps. They seem like a good idea to see if you want to use a tarp. People have also fashioned tarps ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Using Harbor Frieght tarp?
May 28, 9:33am

All Reader Reviews by Walter Carrington

Walter Carrington has posted no reviews.