Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Walter Carrington (Snowleopard) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Mass.
About Me Walter Carrington has not added a biography yet.
CityAshburnham
StateMA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Walter Carrington

Showing 511 - 520 of 572 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Forum » Thread

Links to bulk dried food.
I think this is Sarbar's site; it has link. http://www.trailcooking.com/links-and-resources This place has other stuff: http://beprepared.com/ Haven't used any of these myself.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Bulk dried food company?
June 11, 2:08pm

Cats and birds.
I like cats, but have decided that they have to be kept inside. In the northeast US, I think the main problem with cats is birds. I can't imagine any non-bird species that cats can have a sig...

In Chaff » Backpacking with Cats
June 11, 12:21pm

S. America fuels.
You might consider the Optimus Nova or Nova+ multifuel stoves. I still haven't forgiven MSR for my Internationale failing in Peru. :( Learn the names of the different fuels for the places whe...

In GEAR » Heet in south america??
June 11, 12:11pm

Obtaining pertex??
Thanks for the Pertex suggestion. I don't know where to get small quantities of pertex fabrics. The usual online fabric sellers in the US don't carry it. I've emailed Pertex to ask.

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric choice for wind shirt?
June 11, 12:03pm

Fabric choice for wind shirt?
Does anyone have recommendations for the fabric choice for making a UL windshirt? I want something that is very breathable. I have a jacket that I think is supplex with no DWR that I like but it ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric choice for wind shirt?
June 11, 9:51am

Part for backwashing Sawyer filter.
Thanks for the parts #s. I'm not sure if this is the same as your part, but for backwashing the Sawyer filter, a standard US garden hose female to 1/4" adapter at usplastics is: 63001 N...

In GEAR » Gravity filter pre-filter effectivness
June 11, 9:43am

Sawyer filter
David, the disadvantage of the Walmart Sawyer filter bottle is that it doesn't come with the fittings for backflushing with a faucett. https://docforgey2.com/products.asp is the same thing e...

In GEAR » Most efficient gravity filter system - need market update
June 10, 8:44am

Sawyer filters.
"Do the gravity filters get down to the .02 microns that I believe most filters achieve?" There are two Sawyer filters: One is .02 microns; it filters out virus, etc. Most filters do ...

In GEAR » Filter failure
June 08, 3:52pm

window insulation shrink film
jcolten: "re: polycryo It has been said here on BPL forums that polycryo is the material used for heat shrink window insulation film. I have both and the tactile feel is the same, weight is ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Ultra Light / Super Ultra Cheap
June 06, 12:48pm

Photographer.
That is one cool photographer.

In Chaff » how do you handle a situtation like this?
June 04, 11:45am

All Reader Reviews by Walter Carrington

Walter Carrington has posted no reviews.