Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 511 - 520 of 717 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...72

Forum » Thread

South Lake Tahoe Hikes
I don't have a ton of hiking experience up around Tahoe, but there's hikes to be had into the Desolation Wilderness from near Fallen Leaf Lake (just across the highway from Camp Richardson ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » South Lake Tahoe day hike
September 07, 6:01pm

footwear
There's a few hikes that I do regularly around home that have 30+ crossings each way. Some can be rock-hopped, most are in the knee deep range. Like others, I just wear my trailrunners stra...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Footwear for hike with 30+ water crossings
August 12, 12:21pm

guyline for trailstar linelocs
I had some leftover Kelty triptease from another shelter that I used to replace the heavier line that came with the Trailstar. So far it hasn't slipped under tension but it definitely passes t...

In GEAR » trailstar linelocs
August 12, 12:10pm

Favorite Season to Hit the Trail
Like a couple of the others, I'm able to comfortably hike year-round where I live. Our changes in seasons are pretty subtle around here: summer is reliably warm and sunny while winter is most...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Favorite Season To Hit The Trail
August 03, 7:36pm

Closer to home...
Check out some of your local National Forests. I'm partial to the Los Padres National Forest; it stretches from out by Magic Mountain all the way up to Monterey and from the coast (Ventura/SB/...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Awesome weekend trips in the American Southwest?
July 29, 11:19am

Favorite piece of gear
+1 for the MLD trailstar. Next in line would probably be my katabatic quilts. Awesome pieces of gear that impress me every time I pull them out of the pack.

In GEAR » Favorite piece of gear?
July 16, 11:23pm

ID eVent gaiter sizing
I use the size large gaiters with my trailrunners. I wear a size 10- 10.5 shoe. Seems to fit plenty snug around the trailrunner to keep out sand, rock, snow, etc.

In GEAR » ID eVent gaiter sizing
July 02, 9:42am

Have you ever needed a saw?
I hike with a small saw and/or loppers pretty regularly. A lot of our trails are heavily overgrown and have been ravaged by a handful of major wildfires over the last 5 years. The FS doesn...

In GEAR » Have you ever needed a SAW?
June 29, 10:59am

Stealth Camping
I stealth camped my way around New Zealand and Australia, living out of a station wagon and then a van for about 7 months. We would just find quiet places out of the way, along country roads, back...

In GEAR » Stealth camping
June 24, 11:37am

24: Santa Barbara Front/Back Country Loop
Earlier this spring, I again completed a loop overnight hike starting in the foothills of Santa Barbara, CA, climbing up and over the Santa Ynez Mountains, camping on the backside for the night nea...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: Santa Barbara Front/Back Country Loop
June 22, 3:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.