Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 511 - 520 of 736 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...74

Forum » Thread

XP2 + Core
+1 for the XP2 + Core rechargable battery. It's simple and effective. I like setting my own brightness profiles and the rechargable battery seems to have a reasonable life span. No complai...

In GEAR » Best regulated output headlamp?
October 31, 12:00pm

Snow around Mammoth
Hey Bob, I just did a quick 2-night shuttle from Red's Meadow to Iva Bell Hot Springs to Lost Keys Lake to Purple Lake and out to Coldwater Camp at Lake Mary(10/28-10/30). Above about 9,000...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Is there new snow fall beneath 9000 ft in the Sierra?
October 31, 11:55am

Big Sur
Well maintained, PO-free trails in Big Sur aren't too common... but, the easiest recommendation would be the Pine Ridge Trail. It leaves from the Big Sur Station and follows the Big Sur River ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Please recommend a weekend route in Ventana Wilderness...
October 31, 11:33am

Depends on Conditions
I think it depends on anticipated conditions. If the weather forecast doesn't call for chances of rain or snow or only a slight chance, I only bring the houdini. Like just this past weeked (1...

In GEAR » Windshirt + Rain Jacket or Single Shell?
October 31, 11:16am

Trail Clearing Tools
Be careful using gas or battery powered equipment in the brush to clear trails. A few unofficial "volunteers" were doing some trail maintenance around Santa Barbara a couple of years ago...

In GEAR » Trail Clearing Tools
October 31, 11:03am

Alone on the Sespe
Interesting encounter there at night... Reminds me of several mountain lion encounters that either I've had or heard of friends having up around White Ledge in the San Rafael wilderness. To m...

In Post-Trip Reports » Alone on the Sespe, 10/14-15/2011
October 19, 12:10am

Bivy with a Trailstar
I have yet to use my bivy with the trailstar. I've brought the bivy along a couple of times early on in case I thought I might need it, but so far there's been no reason. The trailstar ha...

In GEAR » MLD Trailstar. The most versatile shelter?
October 12, 4:43pm

Vests
In warmer months, I will often bring only a vest as my insulation piece. I like the freedom for my arms and as others have said multiple times, keeping the core and head warm are the most importan...

In GEAR » I don't know how to wear a vest
October 12, 4:29pm

Low Pitch with Pentanet 2
In my experiences so far with the Pentanet 2/Trailstar, I've found that ~48-50" ht for the center pole is about ideal as far as ease of set-up goes and taking most of the slack out of the ...

In GEAR » Netting option for Trailstar Shelter?
October 07, 5:33pm

LNT
Craig, I'm not sure if your response was directed at me or just in general, but I fully agree with you. I try to practice LNT, especially with respect to stealth camping and believe it's a...

In Chaff » LNT? Study shows hikers effect the predatory balance of wildlife
October 06, 11:21am

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.