BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 511 - 520 of 714 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...72

Forum » Thread

Favorite Season to Hit the Trail
Like a couple of the others, I'm able to comfortably hike year-round where I live. Our changes in seasons are pretty subtle around here: summer is reliably warm and sunny while winter is most...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Favorite Season To Hit The Trail
August 03, 7:36pm

Closer to home...
Check out some of your local National Forests. I'm partial to the Los Padres National Forest; it stretches from out by Magic Mountain all the way up to Monterey and from the coast (Ventura/SB/...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Awesome weekend trips in the American Southwest?
July 29, 11:19am

Favorite piece of gear
+1 for the MLD trailstar. Next in line would probably be my katabatic quilts. Awesome pieces of gear that impress me every time I pull them out of the pack.

In GEAR » Favorite piece of gear?
July 16, 11:23pm

ID eVent gaiter sizing
I use the size large gaiters with my trailrunners. I wear a size 10- 10.5 shoe. Seems to fit plenty snug around the trailrunner to keep out sand, rock, snow, etc.

In GEAR » ID eVent gaiter sizing
July 02, 9:42am

Have you ever needed a saw?
I hike with a small saw and/or loppers pretty regularly. A lot of our trails are heavily overgrown and have been ravaged by a handful of major wildfires over the last 5 years. The FS doesn...

In GEAR » Have you ever needed a SAW?
June 29, 10:59am

Stealth Camping
I stealth camped my way around New Zealand and Australia, living out of a station wagon and then a van for about 7 months. We would just find quiet places out of the way, along country roads, back...

In GEAR » Stealth camping
June 24, 11:37am

24: Santa Barbara Front/Back Country Loop
Earlier this spring, I again completed a loop overnight hike starting in the foothills of Santa Barbara, CA, climbing up and over the Santa Ynez Mountains, camping on the backside for the night nea...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: Santa Barbara Front/Back Country Loop
June 22, 3:04pm

Thanks
Thanks David, Kevin and Kat. We had a good time on this hike in spite of the weather. Kevin, you really should look into this area. It's relatively close to you and should be pleasant well...

In Post-Trip Reports » Los Padres National Forest: Gene Marshall Piedra Blanca Trail
June 22, 2:30pm

Cabin Fever... The cure is almost in sight...
Golden Trout Wilderness

In Photo Gallery » I still have Cabin Fever
June 21, 11:25pm

Embed Photo test
test 1: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3MzDxHwwEYA/TgA1Ngclw8I/AAAAAAAAAIk/0C58pxtpBWY/s400/SC%252520105.jpg test 2: test 3: From Santa Cruz Creek, May 2011

In User Test Forum » Embed Photo test
June 21, 12:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.