BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 511 - 520 of 685 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...69

Forum » Thread

wood stove in National Forests
Hi Frank, Like others have said, the regulations vary from forest to forest and from season to season. Typically, outside of high fire season (and below tree line), wood fires would be permitte...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » wood stove
May 18, 6:02pm

shelter for 2 + dog
For my girlfriend and I and our 90 lb lab, we've been using a TT Rainshadow 2. It provides plenty of space for the three of us and seems to meet your other criteria more or less (solid floor, ...

In GEAR » All purpose shelter for two people and large dog
May 18, 10:43am

Gear & Swimming
If you use a dry bag liner (like those made by Sea to Summitt or a Cuben one) or a very carefully closed trash compactor bag, you should be fine. I've done a couple of these types of trips (in...

In GEAR » Gear & swimming?
May 17, 2:51pm

how to wash Patagonia Houdini
I've always followed Patagonia's advice for washing/dring/treating their DWR products. So far, so good...

In GEAR » Caring for patagonia houdini windshirt
May 16, 3:01pm

Which tarp or shelter
I have a Spinntwinn and a Trailstar. I like both a lot. The Spinntwinn provides suitable protection for a solo hiker without a bivy but I think it'd get a little cozy and cramped under it to ...

In GEAR » Which tarp or shelter?
May 12, 3:39pm

South Fork
There's a good chance I'll be out that way a few days prior to Memorial Weekend with a buddy who will be in town. We're still nailing down our final destination, but a South Fork trip ...

In Post-Trip Reports » central and southern area bpl trip to sespe wilderness
May 10, 5:15pm

carrying water
I typically carry water in 1 or 2 one-liter bladders or bottles in the side pockets on the outside of my pack. If I need to carry more water, I use the standard 2+L platypus bladders. I take my...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Carrying Water
May 06, 5:11pm

Memorial Weekend
Hey Kevin, Check your PM for a trail suggestion for you and your boy. Cheers, Nick

In Post-Trip Reports » central and southern area bpl trip to sespe wilderness
May 06, 10:03am

permitting
I sympathize with all of your various permitting/reservation woes. I obviously understand the need for the permits and/or reservations, especially for the popular destinations during the peak seas...

In Chaff » Yosemite Permitting System
May 04, 4:57pm

Goef Roes
Goef Roes just raced in an ultramarathon here in Santa Barbara last weekend (4/29-4/30). 100 mile course with roughly 31,000' of elevation gain and 31,000' of elevation loss. His winning ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Geof Roes v.s. Anton Krupicka . . . Miwok
May 04, 1:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.