Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 511 - 520 of 723 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ...73

Forum » Thread

BPL Member Map
I got the same thing... Guessing operator error or I'm not clicking some button or something...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » BPL Member Map
September 23, 4:00pm

Mid-October Trip Suggestions
Big Sur can be nice in mid-October. The only potential wrinkle is fire restrictions which can exclude the use of even stoves during high fire season. I'd expect daytime highs in the 60s-80s a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mid-October Trip suggestions
September 23, 3:57pm

Big Sur
There are a lot of beautiful places to hike in Big Sur. Unfortunately, most of the trails are not well-maintained and even the popular ones that are maintained, like the Pine Ridge Trail to Sykes ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Big sur...
September 23, 10:27am

Wine Country Backpacking
Check out the Santa Barbara Wine Country and the backcountry of the Los Padres National Forest. Santa Ynez Valley in northern Santa Barbara County is a popular wine destination (as shown in the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best place to backpack near(ish) wine country?
September 23, 10:16am

Golden Trout
Nice trip report. I hike that same stretch of the Golden Trout once or twice every summer to visit an inholding owned by a family friend. It doesn't have the dramatic peaks and domes of t...

In Post-Trip Reports » Golden Trout Wilderness Sept 7-10, 2011
September 20, 2:57pm

Mistaken for strangers
Best piece I've read on this site in a while! Thank you Eugene. This is just the sort of inspiration I need right now to kickstart my soon-to-be fall/winter local hiking season. Awesome.

In Editor's Roundtable » Mistaken for Strangers
September 10, 9:37am

South Lake Tahoe Hikes
I don't have a ton of hiking experience up around Tahoe, but there's hikes to be had into the Desolation Wilderness from near Fallen Leaf Lake (just across the highway from Camp Richardson ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » South Lake Tahoe day hike
September 07, 6:01pm

footwear
There's a few hikes that I do regularly around home that have 30+ crossings each way. Some can be rock-hopped, most are in the knee deep range. Like others, I just wear my trailrunners stra...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Footwear for hike with 30+ water crossings
August 12, 12:21pm

guyline for trailstar linelocs
I had some leftover Kelty triptease from another shelter that I used to replace the heavier line that came with the Trailstar. So far it hasn't slipped under tension but it definitely passes t...

In GEAR » trailstar linelocs
August 12, 12:10pm

Favorite Season to Hit the Trail
Like a couple of the others, I'm able to comfortably hike year-round where I live. Our changes in seasons are pretty subtle around here: summer is reliably warm and sunny while winter is most...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Favorite Season To Hit The Trail
August 03, 7:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.