Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 511 - 520 of 621 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63

Forum » Thread

Breakfast Trail Shakes
If you're not set on making your own (I'm quite lazy when it comes to trail food), consider the Jump-Start Fruit Smoothies from PackIt Gourmet. I've only tried the Berry-Berry but it w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Breakfast trail shake recipes?
June 23, 4:56am

FS: Evernew Titanium Stove
I'll take it before you have to drop the price any more! PM Sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: Evernew titanium stove
June 20, 6:31pm

Guylines & Tensioners
The other guy who carries them (and he even has the glow-in-the-dark model) is Ultralight Designs.

In Gear Swap » WTB guylines/tensioners
June 19, 7:28pm

Cuben Fiber Pack Liner as a Bear Bag?
Could I use the pack liner as a gigantic bear bag? For example, could I attach a line to it and expect it to support 20-25 pounds of food hanging overnight? I currently have an MLD Pro Bear Bag...

In Gear Deals » Cuben Fiber Pack Liner, Dry Bags and Coupon Code
June 14, 7:21pm

New Products
Great - We can't wait to see them!

In Gear Deals » Cuben Fiber Pack Liner, Dry Bags and Coupon Code
June 14, 5:40pm

GPS Tracks for Backpacking
One place to look if you haven't already is LocalHikes.com - The hike reporters all use National Geographic's TOPO software and you can download the .tpo file with (usually) the actual trac...

In Post-Trip Reports » GPS track log repository
June 09, 11:41am

FS: MLD Hex Hammock Tarp
Someone better jump on this before I do...I need another hammock tarp about as much as I need another pack (i.e. not at all) but it's just so tempting...

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Hex Hammock Tarp-cuben
June 08, 11:26am

Umbrellas
I have the Snow Peak umbrella - weighs 144 grams (5 ounces) and really like it. It's small, pretty light, and very sturdy. The biggest challenge I've had is in attaching it to my pack s...

In GEAR » umbrella hunting
June 07, 9:13am

eVent and Pit Zips
If you can score one, The Packa in eVent comes with very long pit zips...Best of both worlds, but the large is not UL (17.3 ounces).

In GEAR » Best rain jacket for <$150
June 05, 4:10pm

Storm Pitch - 8x10 Tarp
My foray into tarping used an 8x10 silnylon tarp. Our first night out we were expecting high winds and thunderstorms. This was a pitch I'd seen in the BPL Lightweight Backpacking book: ...

In GEAR » Best storm pitch for flat tarp?
June 04, 8:52am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am