BPL Community Profile

Greg F (GregF) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Canadian Rockies
About Me Greg F has not added a biography yet.
CityCalgary

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg F

Showing 511 - 520 of 559 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Forum » Thread

The lid would fail
The old original Lexan Nalagines were vitually indistrucalbe. You could drive a car over top of them and they wouldn't crack. The lid however would easily be opened. So if the Nalagene lid w...

In GEAR » Tritan Nalgene as a bear canister...
June 15, 1:05pm

Big Agnes at Rei Outlet
If you are looking for a good deal rather than the absolute lightest weights REI Outlet has the Seedhouse 2 and 3 on for really cheap. The seedhouse 2 is on for $160 plus you can get another 20% o...

In GEAR » Recommendations? 3+ Season tent under 4 Lbs
June 14, 12:58pm

Event Bivy
If you just want to go the Bivy route you will want one with at least an Event top. I don't have any experience with them but Itegral designs makes one that is about 18oz. Not sure if you c...

In Gear Lists » Does this add up, first time uber light. New England late summer - summer..
June 14, 12:42pm

filtres
One note on the Frontier pro is that it only removes to 3 log (99.9%) of crypto whereas something like a sawyer .1 micron will remove 7 log (99.9999%) of crypto and giardia. I think EPA guides are...

In GEAR » The real water treatment deal
June 11, 2:44pm

dpreview
Check out dpreview for balanced reviews and pictures in both real world and lab conditions from every camera worth buying http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/OlympusXZ1/page12.asp Above is a link...

In GEAR » Calling all Photographers
June 11, 2:27pm

pocket
tent poles if you don't use hiking poles.

In GEAR » What use is a big, center mesh pocket on your pack to you?
June 09, 10:16pm

Life of Materials
I would suspect that by putting boiling water in them you would reduce the life of your bottles. Hot Water in the bottles reduces the yeild and fatigue strength of the plastic so I would be a litt...

In GEAR » Max temp in a Platy bottle/bladder?
June 09, 10:06pm

Depends on if there are cubs
The lastest stuff I have read on bears is that if they are defending their cubs you play dead if not you fight back. If you fight back and they are defending cubs they will fight to the death (G...

In Multiple Use Gear » hiking staff / bear deterrent
June 06, 12:30pm

I can't do math
Your goal of 300 Cal in 2 oz is not possible. Fat has an energy density of 9 calories per gram or 256 calories per ounce. That is the best you can do. Edit: Never mind I forgot to multiply by ...

In GEAR » Lightest energy bar high in calories and fiber?
June 06, 12:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Canister stove with best fuel consumption?
Efficiency isn't the only thing you have to consider though. Trip duration comes into play. As a solo hiker on a 3 day trip a 100g fuel canister will be enough regardless of which stove you u...

In GEAR » Canister stove with best fuel consumption?
June 01, 8:33am

All Reader Reviews by Greg F

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Walmart saved my trip. I was packing up the night before I was to leave and went to grab what i thought was a full butane canister and it was empty. It was 10pm and i was leaving at 5 the next morni...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 20, 7:27pm

Mont Bell Ultra-Light Spiral Down Hugger #3 Long
I had a chance to test out my new UL Spiral down hugger #3. This is the regular version not the super stretch. It still has the diagonal baffles so it does have a little more give than an average ba...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 05, 11:33pm