Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg F (GregF) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Canadian Rockies
About Me Greg F has not added a biography yet.
CityCalgary

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg F

Showing 511 - 520 of 574 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Forum » Thread

Depends on where the product is made
The above is correct if the Product is made in Canada, US, or Mexico as under NAFTA no additional duties beyond GST / PST apply. If the product is made outside North America than additional duties...

In GEAR » Shipping to Canada Customs Charges
July 05, 2:32pm

How Durable
Interesting packs. What is the duribility of the material like say comapared to 4.2oz/yd Dyneema X Ripstop. I am looking for a kids pack and have considered a Z-Packs zero in Dyneema as one opt...

In Gear Deals » Little Light Gear : Hiking Packs for Kids
July 05, 11:39am

Feel the Weight Difference
For me everything up to around 25lbs seems not to affect me. My pace remains relatively constant, my heart rate on climbs stays reasonbly low. Up to that point nothing really changes for me. Ove...

In GEAR » Feel the weight difference?
July 04, 2:50pm

Tent vs. Tarp and Bug Shelter
What made you choose the Tarp and Bug Shelter as two separate pieces with a 2oz weight penalty over the Hexamid tent?

In GEAR » ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
June 30, 11:25pm

Olympus Micro 4/3 New Lenes and Bodies
With the latest annoucements of the Olympus micro 4/3rds cameras I think it is time I stopped buying backpacking gear and switched over to the much more expensive proposition of buying camera gear....

In Photography » Olympus Micro 4/3 New Lenes and Bodies
June 30, 9:15am

Re: First hiking trip / first shot at gear list
I think that you can re-evaluate your spare clothing. Extra underwear -- At most you need 1 dry pair for sleeping Cut 1 -2.9 Exta T-shirts -- At most you need 1 dry shirt for sleeping Cut 1 -4....

In Gear Lists » First hiking trip / first shot at gear list
June 29, 9:03pm

I don't get it
I don't get this camera system. What niche does it fill? Its sensor is smaller than the XZ-1, LX-5, S95 there for quality and depth of field control is lower. The size is slightly larger t...

In Photography » Pentax Q, Q is for "Quirky"
June 28, 8:57am

Re: falsify personal information
@JohnA I am in Canada so I am not familiar with that law but when I get some time I will definately check out that law. Just to be clear what you are suggesting is that anyone on this website w...

In Gear Deals » MLD News June 2011- Goodbye Spinntex- we loved you...
June 28, 12:09am

Just don't post any personal info
There is nothing in Facebook that says you have to use it like everybody else. You can only comprimise your personal information if you post it. Just use a generic email address and a false name ...

In Gear Deals » MLD News June 2011- Goodbye Spinntex- we loved you...
June 27, 9:35am

Thicker, Lighter, Stronger
So to be clear the aluminum stake is Thicker, Lighter, Stonger and Cheaper then the titanium stake. If this is true I can't see why anyone would perfer the titanium stake other than that it ...

In GEAR » 7075-T6 Alum vs. Titanium Stakes
June 23, 2:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg F

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Walmart saved my trip. I was packing up the night before I was to leave and went to grab what i thought was a full butane canister and it was empty. It was 10pm and i was leaving at 5 the next morni...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 20, 7:27pm

Mont Bell Ultra-Light Spiral Down Hugger #3 Long
I had a chance to test out my new UL Spiral down hugger #3. This is the regular version not the super stretch. It still has the diagonal baffles so it does have a little more give than an average ba...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 05, 11:33pm