BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 5041 - 5050 of 5440 | Page: 1 ...496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ...544

Forum » Thread

Re: Differences
Sid, One cannot have too much gear. Wise decision.

In GEAR » RailRiders vs ExOfficio
June 11, 6:43pm

Re: GG LT4 Poles
And if you don't like them, they should be pretty easy to sell on Gear Swap.

In GEAR » GG Lighttrek poles
June 11, 6:07pm

Re: Re: Selling Lightweight: How Retailers Can Help Your Pack Weight
>> I've actually tried to pick up 3 or 4 of the companies you mentioned, but it didn't work out with any of them. Part of the reason you won't find those companies in retail out...

In Editor's Roundtable » Selling Lightweight: How Retailers Can Help Your Pack Weight
June 11, 1:55pm

Re: Cats
I don't particularly like cats. But if James can keep his controlled, and he wants to bring the cat, then go for it. I knew nothing about TNR before this thread. >> "to t...

In Chaff » Backpacking with Cats
June 11, 1:49pm

Re: Graffiti and Government Bullcrap
Thoughts and ramblings... Some of our National Parks are a mess. We (as we are the government) need to reevaluate how they are used. They are special places and need special care. Lets take ...

In Chaff » Graffiti and Government Bullcrap
June 11, 12:27pm

Re: Selling Lightweight: How Retailers Can Help Your Pack Weight
We forget that UL backpacking is a niche in the backpacking world. Even after nearly 20 years after Jardine published his first book. There is a lot of experience that goes with the ability to u...

In Editor's Roundtable » Selling Lightweight: How Retailers Can Help Your Pack Weight
June 10, 5:13pm

Re: RR
>> Is the RR stuff made in the USA? You're kidding right? No made in China, like almost everything else. Exceptions seem to be: Mountain Hardwear - Viet Nam Columbia - Indo...

June 10, 3:21pm

Re: A case for smartphones on the trail - New version of the iPhone.
I have used smartphones for years, but never on a hike. Just a philosophical thing. But I can see their usefulness on a long thru hike. Brian Lewis has a real nice blog that he updated during hi...

In Multiple Use Gear » A case for smartphones on the trail.
June 10, 3:08pm

Re: YEP! Whisperlite Int'nat'l.
Eric, I also have both MSR stoves, but it is rare for me to use either anymore. But even when they sit around for a long time, they still work. Supposedly the Dragonfly will even burn jet fu...

In GEAR » Stove jargon doing my head in, please help!
June 10, 2:48pm

Re: Neither...
Eric, I have the REI Sahara pants and shirts. Both great products. I do prefer the Rail Riders, but they are not as 'feature rich' and I think the RRs do better in hotter weather. How...

June 10, 2:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am