Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Kirchner (ouzel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest/Sierra
About Me Leave no tracks.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Kirchner

Showing 5031 - 5040 of 6892 | Page: 1 ...495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 ...690

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: One shell to rule them all
"+1 eVENT +1 Porpore (DriDucks, etc)" + another 1. It's hard to beat an ID Event jacket for all around use and Propore fabric jackets if conditions permit(i.e. not very durable, ...

In GEAR » One shell to rule them all
May 02, 5:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Didn't last long.....
"Zombie Runner has some Inov-8 370 in stock I don't know the current situation with the 370... " I suspect they are still discontinued because Zombie Runner doesn't have the...

In GEAR » Inov-8 discontinues their award 370 boot-why?
May 02, 5:37pm

Re: Re: Wide Mouth Bottle for Perpetuum
"Pre-measure into a ZipLock. Scotchtape the ZipLock flaps shut. Fill the water bottle about 1/3 full. Tear off a big chunk of the corner of the ZipLock. Add/shake, add/shake, , add water, a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training for a speed hike.
May 02, 5:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Overcompensation
"a lot of beginners: too many overly worry about drinking and eating enough and overcompensate to the point of illness." Not to mention death. Another good reason for adding electroly...

May 02, 5:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Morton Lite Salt
"Note that Morton's Lite salt has potassium in it. You could make a judicious mix of it with regular salt to get the Na / K proportion you want." +1 1/4 tsp (1.4 grams) of Morton ...

May 02, 4:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Avoid Rattlesnake Creek
"Whatever you do, avoid the Rattlesnake Creek area, just south of Big Arroyo. I got in there by mistake one time and got too far down into it to turn back. I ended up climbing down the stream ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mineral King area (SEKI)
May 02, 4:38pm

Re: Goose Down, Humane?
"Is it up your end ?" As in "innuendo"?

In GEAR » Goose Down, Humane?
April 30, 9:24pm

Re: Kaweah Basin
"We'd approach Kaweah Basin from the east (instead of from Nine Lakes Basin) because that approach appears to be somewhat easier (though the hike-in will be longer). Arnott's book has ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mineral King area (SEKI)
April 30, 9:22pm

Re: Re: Re: down
"If down is up, then it wouldn't be down, would it?" Unless it went down the Rabbit Hole"?

In GEAR » Goose Down, Humane?
April 30, 6:52pm

Re: roclite 370
"the roclite 370 look perfect and I saw they are still available at many stores!" Go for them! They're a great shoe. The best I've ever used.

In GEAR » Ankle high/mid summer shoes?
April 30, 6:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Kirchner

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
Having used both of the above mentioned combinations(only with a Mens' Prolite 3), I heartily concur with their rating(s). It would be hard to find a piece of insulation/protection/padding that g...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
October 27, 5:20pm

ULA Circuit
Pro's: 1) Light; 2) Durable for the weight(like Kevin, I've done some off-trail/bushwhacking(Wanda Lake to Martha Lake via Davis Lakes/N. Goddard Creek) with only minor abrasion on the waist...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 29, 6:16pm

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
Scott, Check out travelcountry.com for the eco-mesh shirt. They have free shipping whereas Railriders charges a pretty hefty fee. I've been using this shirt for years and consider it the best S...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 06, 5:27pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
Hi David, What you are experiencing with your Prolite-4 is a common phenomenon in my experience with the Prolite-3. It is, however, easy to mitigate. Just position the valve next to your shoulder o...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 04, 5:17pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro Lite 3
I've used the Prolite-3 almost since it came out with good success. It compresses well, is very light FOR ITS SIZE(what would a TorsoLite weigh if it was 20"x48"??), and insulates just ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 15, 6:02pm

REI Peak UL
I've been using the Peak UL carbon fiber poles(womens' non antishock 3 section model-11.2 oz/pr) ever since they came on the market and have been ecstatic about their performance. Like some other pos...

In Trekking Poles
November 04, 5:58pm