Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Linn (ryan.c.linn) - BPL Guest

My Locale Maine!
About Me I've worked for the Appalachian Mountain Club and Green Mountain Club for several seasons. I led a trail crew in Vermont for the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps near Stratton Mountain. I hope to continue working on or near hiking trails, although the seasonal work thing is hard to sustain over the long run. We'll see how that goes...

AT 2007, New England Trail 2009, PCT 2010. CDT...?
My Website URLhttp://guthook.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Linn

Showing 501 - 510 of 510 | Page: 1 ...32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Forum » Thread

Succeeding
Another part I forgot to mention... when asking past thru-hikers for advice, always take it with more than a grain of salt. The mantra you hear is "hike your own hike" but most people who...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking for Help on How to Succeed on the AT
January 23, 11:13am

re: succeeding on the AT
That's a big question. I planned my hike to a T, and had to be finished on an exact date. I had my parents send mail drops with food and supplies. I stayed with friends at several places along ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking for Help on How to Succeed on the AT
January 22, 1:56pm

Re: New Balance Shoes
I also wear the 811's, and they are quite nice, although mine seem to have worn out after not as many miles as I would have liked. Anybody have any experience with the 840's? They seem t...

In GEAR » New Balance shoes
January 20, 10:53am

re: flat feet
I also have absolutely no arch, and NB 811's are one of the best fitting shoes I've found yet. But once again, try lots of shoes and see what fits your foot. On the other hand, I can'...

In GEAR » Hiking Shoes?
January 06, 9:00am

Trail Work Photos
I work at the Green Mountain Club, so I should have some sweet trail work photos... actually, I haven't seen any pictures from the trail crew I led last summer, but here's a nice photo I fo...

In Photo Gallery » Awesome trail work photos.
December 30, 8:14am

re: Side Sleeper
I'm with you, Joe. I just switched to closed cell foam sleeping pads after years of inflatables, and it was a pretty uncomfortable transition. I did get used to it eventually, but I'm guess...

In GEAR » Most comfortable CCF pad for side sleeper
December 23, 5:38am

side sleeping
I don't have a good answer for the best sleeping pad, but your question reminds me of one I've had for a while: what's the best sleeping bag for side sleepers? I've spent years with...

In GEAR » Most comfortable CCF pad for side sleeper
December 22, 12:51pm

Tarp without a bivy?
Good point, Mike. A semester at NOLS is where I decided to go with a tarp in the first place, as well as where I first heard of you and your illustrations. NOLS seemed to discourage down sleeping b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tarp without a bivy?
December 22, 8:25am

Tarp without a bivy?
I guess the trick will be to test it out a few more times in rain. Hopefully this spring... and then I can decide on what to do next. So is the condensation on the inside of the bivy really sign...

December 22, 6:41am

Tarp without a bivy?
I guess I'll make this my first post here... I've been following a lot of threads here for the past few months, and I've seen very little discussion on bivvies. I've been using a...

December 21, 7:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Linn

Ryan Linn has posted no reviews.