Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kathleen B (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen B has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen B

Showing 501 - 510 of 548 | Page: 1 ...36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Forum » Thread

Try Rocky Socks
My husband and I tried the SealSkinz gloves. They're waterproof for awhile if it doesn't rain much. After an hour or so they started absorbing so much water they seemed to double in weigh...

In GEAR » SealSkinz
July 09, 1:33pm

Re: Re: MB Dry Tec vs eVENT
After participating in a thread similar to this about six months ago, I bought the MB Peak jacket and liked it a lot. Shortly afterwards, I happened luckily onto Brett's posting of his eVent I...

In GEAR » Rain jackets and rain pants
June 26, 1:11pm

Re: Re: Rain jackets and rain pants
Jessen is right. Breathability = $$$. I bit the bullet and bought an eVent ID rain jacket. The difference between that jacket and my now-rejected Precip is remarkable. Also, I took a chance on ...

In GEAR » Rain jackets and rain pants
June 25, 5:32pm

Re: Change Name
Henry B - I don't remember how I got rosierabbit in the ( ). It happened when I first signed up on BPL. I don't see anywhere in the account information how to change it. Or were you aski...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Hide Name In Posts
June 22, 9:17pm

Re: Change Profile
Thanks for the great idea! I didn't like my (long and silly) last name out for web skulkers, either.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Hide Name In Posts
June 22, 1:21pm

Re: Stove for Hiny Can Pot
I have Tinny's Heinekin pot, and I made a hardware cloth stand for it like his. It doesn't attach; it just sits snugly. The weight of the water in the pot holds the pot on the stand. The...

In GEAR » Stove for 24 oz Heineken Keg Pot
June 13, 8:49am

Re: avatar
Posting a new avatar changes all the avatars under my name, so the former description doesn't apply anymore. The current avatar is me having a great time on the summit of Mt. St. Helens on Jun...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Avatar
June 06, 4:55pm

test

In User Test Forum » test
June 06, 1:14pm

Re: Re: UL Baking
Minibulldesign's most recent baking efforts involve a foil liner (cut and shaped to fit inside a pot from a large foil baking pan) filled with batter and dropped into the pot lined with rocks. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » UL Baking
May 25, 11:51am

Re: Glissading options and avoiding embarrassing pant failures
The classic Mt. Adams glissade, and the other volcano glissades, will merdolate any pants you use. Several of us bought slick-fabric shorts at second hand stores and wore them over our pants durin...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Clothing list for Northwest volcanos
May 25, 11:36am

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen B

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm