BPL Community Profile

Andy Anderson (ianders) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Part time backpacker, only a few trips a year. Most trips to the mountains of North Carolina.
CityMyrtle Beach
StateSouth Carolina
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Anderson

Showing 501 - 510 of 601 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

Forum » Thread

If you get a chance, Watch "180* South" on Netfilx
Not a Lightweight Backpacking Topic, but over the weekend, I watched a documentary titled "180* South" on Netflix. It is a great film on Yvon Chouinard, the founder of Pategonia. If you...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » If you get a chance, Watch "180* South" on Netfilx
January 03, 8:50am

Thanks Chris.
I fly a Cessna 310, so I would prefer 3,000 - 3,500 feet of runway. I am from the level part of South Carolina, so I can get by with as short as 2,500 down here. But in the mountains, I want as m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking trails near airports in the Southeast.
December 29, 9:39am

Thanks for all of the help!
Thanks for all of the advice and invites! I may take some of you up on your invites if I can get my schedule worked out early enough.

In GEAR » Hiking Trails near airports in the Southeast
December 29, 9:28am

Thanks for all the advice.
Does anybody know if there are any good trails close to the Franklin County (Highlands, NC), Avery County (Near Spruce Pine, NC) or the Gatlinburg Airport.

December 28, 7:29am

Don't forget about this one.
I love canister stoves, and am considering buying this one. Take a look. http://www.moontrail.com/monatauk-gnat.php

In GEAR » New Stove Setup
December 27, 7:52pm

Which is warmer?
First Ascent Downlight Sweater or Montbell EX Light Sweater? I am guessing the FA, since it weights considerably more. 13 oz vs. 6 oz.

In GEAR » Which is warmer?
December 27, 5:19pm

Re: Re: Your Best Gear of 2010
1. EB FA Downlight Sweater...it was a steal for $50. 2. A brand spaking new Golite Ion, size large...currently being modified by Javan Dempsey, can't wait to see what he does to it. 3. A l...

In GEAR » Your Best Gear of 2010
December 27, 5:13pm

Hiking trails near airports in the Southeast.
In addition to backpacking my main hobby is flying. I live near Myrtle Beach, SC and have been looking for small airports that I could fly into and would be within walking distance or a short ride...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking trails near airports in the Southeast.
December 27, 5:06pm

Hiking Trails near airports in the Southeast
In addition to backpacking my main hobby is flying. I live near Myrtle Beach, SC and have been looking for small airports that I could fly into and would be within walking distance or a short ride...

December 27, 5:03pm

sizing
I am confused, are you saying this really fits like a typical USA medium? How does it fit on you and what are your dimensions?

In Gear Swap » FS: Men's Montbell UL Wind Jacket
December 27, 7:36am

All Reader Reviews by Andy Anderson

Andy Anderson has posted no reviews.