Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 501 - 510 of 915 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: pump it up!
Cone adapter, something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Mintcraft-FDQ910-Air-Inflation-Piece/dp/B002LHOHPE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1350690153&sr=8-5&keywords=exercise+ball+pump+adapt...

In Chaff » pump it up!
October 19, 5:44pm

Re: Just a quick thanks from a newbie - clothes systems
+1 for me on the DriClime; even though I own a Golite windshirt that I bring along from time to time (but hardly ever use), the Marmot gets used far more. I'm just glad I have a spare for when...

In GEAR » Just a quick thanks from a newbie - clothes systems
October 16, 2:38pm

Re: Re: Favorite piece of gear - Fall 2012 edition
2 new items: Thermarest X-lite women's version - the perfect size for me, comfortable and warm Peter Vacco mosquito headnet - so much nicer than any others I've used, far better visi...

In GEAR » Favorite piece of gear - Fall 2012 edition
October 16, 2:34pm

Re: Stick the pack in the freezer.
+1 If they're mealybugs, they're pretty high moisture content and freezing will kill them. I'd leave it longer than a few hours, especially if it's in a bag, just to make sure t...

In GEAR » how to get bug population out of backpack?
October 16, 10:25am

Re: Re: Surrounded by coyotes need help
I'd never thought of coyotes as being a threat to adult humans, until I read the article in 2009 about the young Canadian woman who was attacked by a couple of coyotes and died as a result. An...

In GEAR » Surrounded by coyotes need help
October 15, 12:46pm

Re: How many BPL members have you met?
Thanks to the Kens, I've met many members at the GGGs. I've only met one on my own, when I went to pick up an order of bio-ethanol from Harald nearby.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many BPL members have you met?
October 14, 10:41am

Re: Giardia: Just the facts m'am
I have always wondered this about the theory that bad hygiene, not bad water, causes giardia transmission (or other intestinal maladies): are you saying that people give themselves giardia or gi d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia: Just the facts m'am
October 05, 4:58pm

Re: WY: Yellowstone, Grand Teton and the Wind River Range
Wow - beautiful pictures. Your skies were far more blue than the ones I saw in YNP in late August! On my last day you could not see Electric Peak from the Mammoth center, it was that hazy. But I...

In Post-Trip Reports » WY: Yellowstone, Grand Teton and the Wind River Range
October 05, 10:09am

Re: How old are these Thermarest?
They're not the oldest (those were orange) but maybe the first thin (1/2"? 3/4"?) ones? I'm guessing somewhere in the early 90's. If you sent the picture to Cascade Designs,...

In GEAR » How old are these Thermarest?
October 04, 2:52pm

Re: Re: 40 Pounds for 2 night Solo HELP me lighten it Please
Leave the ridgerest or the Synmat at home; you shouldn't need both. Leave the candle lantern. Rather than taking the book, load a reader app and a bunch of books on your phone (leave it off m...

In Gear Lists » 40 Pounds for 2 night Solo HELP me lighten it Please
September 29, 12:32am

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm