Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 501 - 510 of 903 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ...91

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: pots in bear country
If you can string your pot and a lid or something else noisy up with your bag it also acts as a noisemaker that can alert you if a bear is messing with the food hang.

In GEAR » pots in bear country
September 09, 11:16am

Re: Re: MYOG Trailstar-ish shelter
How high was your center pole? This looks really nice but I would want to be able to sit up easily in my shelter, which requires at least 38" of clearance where my head is (meaning higher at ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Trailstar-ish shelter
September 07, 10:14am

Re: Re: Ventana Big Sur Winter list
OP: "I did the JMT this summer and am already itching to get out again!" BG: "You may like Ventana. The poison oak has such subtle colors then." Since the mere mention of ...

In Gear Lists » Ventana Big Sur Winter list
September 05, 5:42pm

Re: I'm a girl, and I don't make heat. It sucks." Sleeping bag opinions for super cold sleepers
thoughts from yet another one who could've posted the title: For me, double quilt or sleeping bags zipped together don't work well - because whenever my partner rolls over or gets up to ...

In GEAR » "I'm a girl, and I don't make heat. It sucks." Sleeping bag opinions for super cold sleepers.
September 05, 5:34pm

Re: donating older gear
Inner City Outings (Sierra Club) - make a difference in kids' lives (non-BSA): http://www.sierraclub.org/ico/ http://ico.sierraclub.org/sfbaychapter/

In GEAR » Selling / donating older gear?
August 30, 8:07pm

Re: Unfortunately, deet is the only thing that works for us.
Cristina - Just curious, have you tried lemon eucalyptus, BiteBlocker, or BioUD? I'd love to know your experience with those, since the first two have seemed to work well for me everywhere (in...

In GEAR » How do you survive the bugs?
August 19, 6:29pm

Re: How do you survive the bugs?
There are alternatives to DEET that work well (according to independent testing). Several years ago (at least) there was a study written up in, of all places, the Wall St. Journal that compared di...

In GEAR » How do you survive the bugs?
August 19, 12:22am

Re: Re Used Toilet Paper - Pack it out!
Dena - There is another option, which may or may not work for you; I use a small squeeze bottle to rinse off with water after peeing, then "shake off" as best I can. I feel like it ge...

In Philosophy & Technique » Used Toilet Paper - Pack it out!
August 17, 3:09pm

Re: Camera Found on Lake Plateau
You may have done this already, but if there's any sort of hiker's forum in that area (Montana) you might post there. Last year my next-door neighbor was looking on the PCT hiker's...

In Photography » Camera Found on Lake Plateau
August 15, 9:19am

Re: Re: Yellowstone
Thanks for all the suggestions!

In Pre-Trip Planning » Yellowstone/Grand Teton day hikes?
July 29, 11:45am

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm