BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 501 - 510 of 749 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ...75

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: 4th Annual BPL GGG: Sign UP
Are there more detailed instructions on how to get to the site where you were? I'm just wanting to know details for the Feb trip, like exactly what trailhead/camping area we'll be at. Is ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » The 4th Annual BPL GGG Weekend Official Sign Up
November 14, 5:09pm

Re: great video of bird murmuration
Beautiful, thanks!!! And now I've added another word to my vocabulary.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » great video of bird murmuration
November 10, 10:05am

Re: "Home on the Highway - San Francisco to Ushuaia, Argentina in an 87 4Runner"
Sounds like a great trip you have planned. If you haven't read it already, you MUST MUST MUST pick up a copy of Tim Cahill's "Road Fever" and read it either before or as you driv...

In Other Activities » Home on the Highway - San Francisco to Ushuaia, Argentina in an 87 4Runner
November 07, 5:45pm

Re: "4th Annual BPL GGG"
I am getting hopeful about my plantar fasciitis - it seems to be showing teeny signs of recovery (finally, after 7 months!). Spent last week in Miami Beach and did short walks around town (1-2 mil...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 4th Annual BPL GGG
November 02, 9:23am

Re: Lightgear Solong 6
How did you change the velcro exactly?

In GEAR » Easy to pitch sub-2 lb tent?
October 23, 7:35pm

Re: "What do you do for a living?"
Retired clinical lab scientist/IT analyst for lab software, still working as musician (bassoonist in symphony/opera/ballet orchestras).

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you do for a living?
October 21, 10:03am

Re: Tony Wong Contact Info
Miriam - If you click on Tony's name to the left of his post, you will see his info page, with a link to "send a personal message" to him. He will see that much quicker than relyi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New BPL Home Page, Suggestion for Change
October 20, 2:24pm

re: gps
Yes, that would be me... I should probably consult with someone in my hiking group who seems to be knowledgeable about GPS. Then maybe I'll have some questions for you.

In GEAR » GPS recommendation
October 20, 1:16pm

Re: Re: RE: National Parks
Bob - do you still teach GPS classes? If so, where? I've been thinking perhaps we should learn something about them, and a class taught by you sounds ideal.

In GEAR » GPS recommendation
October 20, 12:58pm

Re: Fels Naphtha
No, the rash and associated suffering last so long because your body keeps reacting long after the urushiol is gone. Being one who looks like Rusty's pics or worse when I get poison oak, I...

In GEAR » Dealing with poison ivy
October 20, 9:51am

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm