BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 501 - 510 of 849 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ...85

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: POE Peak Elite AC
I have one, and have slept on it twice. No leaks so far, and for me it's been the best-supporting mattress I've ever used...but it just feels cold to me, so I spent my REI dividend on an x...

In Gear Deals » POE Peak Elite AC
April 20, 12:31pm

Re: Has your GoLite Chrome Dome shipped yet?
I ordered mine earlier than you (3/30), and received it already.

In Gear Deals » GoLite Chrome Dome Umbrella $19 and Free Shipping
April 16, 10:23am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tent Stakes
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given my experience with heat-shrink tubing (on something very unlike titanium tent stakes). It does tend to loosen up a bit after a while. Thanks for sharin...

In GEAR » Tent Stakes
April 15, 1:08am

Re: Re: FYI - Therm-a-rest Neoair X-Lite Women's is now available @ REI
Well, mine came in the mail yesterday. It's 12.65 oz on my scale, not the 11 oz advertised (stuff sack and repair kit is another 1.15 oz). Haven't done any more than lay down on it; it se...

In GEAR » FYI - Therm-a-rest Neoair X-Lite Women's is now available @ REI
April 14, 8:52pm

Re: why I use bug netting...
I was working the night shift many years ago when a similar little guy came into the ER; as I recall they just took him into a dark treatment room and shined a bright light into his ear...the cockr...

In GEAR » why I use bug netting...
April 14, 9:17am

Re: Re: Tent Stakes
Hmmm...how about glow-in-the-dark heat shrink tubing? I just googled it and it is available - this is the first site I hit on: http://automotiveorganizer.com/heatshrink/products/uv-reactive.html

In GEAR » Tent Stakes
April 13, 8:36pm

Re: Old external frame packs. What do you do with them?
If there's a chapter near you...Sierra Club Inner City Outings? http://www.sierraclub.org/ico/

In GEAR » Old external frame packs. What do you do with them?
April 12, 6:54pm

Re: Re: Awfully familiar to some of us.
Wow - nice to know the story behind who lives there! Awfully beautiful stuff on his website...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Awfully familiar to some of us.
April 10, 9:18am

Re: no L or XL
If you search that site for "nano puff" you'll find other combinations in other sizes available. Unfortunately they don't have a women's M for me!

In Gear Deals » Nanopuff Hoodie $92
April 09, 10:22am

Re: Neo-Air X-lite womens
OK, after reading this I decided to go with this pad rather than holding out for the Xtherm (and after hearing back from Cascade Designs that my old TR had an r-value of 2.2). It should be warm (I...

In GEAR » FYI - Therm-a-rest Neoair X-Lite Women's is now available @ REI
April 07, 12:20pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm