Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 501 - 510 of 954 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ...96

Forum » Thread

Re: Very real
I heard a bit of Science Friday on NPR today discussing this topic. One very salient point they made was that so much of modern medicine - advanced surgery, chemotherapy, intensive care medicine -...

In Chaff » Is There a Doctor or Nurse on this Forum?
March 08, 2:59pm

Re: Is There a Doctor or Nurse on this Forum?
The name is hype, but the phenomenon is real, and it is worrisome. The fact that this is happening with species of bacteria that are able to transfer their antibiotic resistance to other, related ...

In Chaff » Is There a Doctor or Nurse on this Forum?
March 07, 5:18pm

Re: Re: Re: epic?
Paul, it's buried in some boxes currently, but as I recall it's a grayish green, 2 or 3 yards, and on the light side (maybe the sub 2.0 oz?). I won't make the decision on whether to se...

In Make Your Own Gear » Uses for Epic?
March 07, 9:00am

Re: epic?
Thanks, all. If no other ideas come up, I'm thinking that I will probably be better served by something akin to Roger's silnylon mountain parka, which I have in my project list, rather tha...

March 06, 12:04pm

Re: Re: Aluminum Waste Usage
He (the sculpture) looks like he came from your home planet! ;-) I love it!

In Make Your Own Gear » Aluminum Waste Usage
March 06, 10:37am

Re: Shrooms AND the herb!!
Based on our experience with the Lightheart gear duo, I'm a little worried that your dad might end up knocking the inner poles down. That happened with my BF, who was not on shrooms nor herb, ...

In GEAR » SMD lunar duo for my hippy dad??
March 06, 10:25am

Re: Re: Uses for Epic?
(re: windshirt) I could do that, but I already have a lighter GoLite windshirt (and a Marmot Driclime windshirt). Don't really need wind pants... Any other suggestions?

March 05, 5:25pm

Uses for Epic?
I have some Epic fabric I acquired a few years ago on another forum, and am wondering what the best use would be for it. I'd originally thought of a bivy, or rain pants, but from what I've...

March 05, 4:36pm

Re: Re: Synthetic
For being on the move, I really love the Marmot Driclime. It's the one piece of gear I always bring along. It is great for layering, breathes well, but is good in wind. It might be just righ...

In GEAR » Montbell Thermawrap jacket or???
March 03, 9:17am

Re: Do women 'need' a women's pad?
I don't know how tall your gf is; I'm 5'8", and find sleeping (mostly on my side) very comfy on the women's Xlite (my feet dangle off the end if I do stretch out full length, b...

In GEAR » Do women 'need' a women's pad?
February 28, 3:07pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm