Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 501 - 510 of 974 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ...98

Forum » Thread

Re: History of Polar Exploration
I got started many years ago, oddly enough by reading a novel (Elizabeth Arthur's "Antarctic Navigation") then going on to reading everything I could by or about about Scott, Shacklet...

In Chaff » History of Polar Exploration
April 02, 10:17am

Re: Glacier Divide Loop ~ Piute Pass, Alpine Col, Lamarck Col
How lovely to see that route with all the snow - have done much of it (North Lake to South Lake) in summer, with only patches of snow, but this looks quite different! Great report, thanks.

In Post-Trip Reports » Glacier Divide Loop ~ Piute Pass, Alpine Col, Lamarck Col
April 02, 10:04am

Re: I agree on the pillow
I like the Exped (larger size).

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping Comfort
March 29, 8:05pm

Re: ditch the hat
Somebody skipped the "skin cancer" thread...or are you talking about replacing the balaclava?

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Checklist (Gear List): 3-Season, 3-Day
March 29, 12:19am

Re: Cloth beats goo
In terms of being safe if you don't burn through your non-expensive non-UPF clothing, I do worry that what blocks the UV that causes sunburn may not necessarily block all the UV that contribute...

In GEAR » Skin Cancer Scare
March 26, 3:15pm

Re: "Skin Cancer Scare"
Been there, done that, luckily mine was only basal cell. Just a hat was obviously not enough protection. So yes, do wear both protective clothing AND sunscreen. If you are worried about chemicals...

In GEAR » Skin Cancer Scare
March 26, 11:46am

Re: tamale pie?
It's in Linda Yaffe's High Trail Cookery - a great book if you do your own dehydrating. I'm also rather fond of her Chile Rellenos casserole.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Your FAVORITE trail meal ever
March 25, 1:16pm

Re: Re: Vargo Titanium
Salient argument 4: ever hear of hiking above treeline?

In GEAR » Starting to doubt using my alcohol stove for cannister
March 25, 8:54am

Re: Your FAVORITE trail meal ever
Home-dehydrated tamale pie, closely followed by a home-dehydrated vegetable couscous served with a Moroccan ginger/cilantro sauce (also dehydrated).

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Your FAVORITE trail meal ever
March 25, 8:50am

Re: Thorofare pants & shirt?
Pretty much any woven nylon fabric will be mosquito resistant (it's my first line of defense). They tend to be less breathable than knit hi-tech fabrics, but I think the Thorofare were more ti...

In GEAR » Thorofare pants & shirt?
March 22, 12:26pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm