BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 501 - 510 of 826 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ...83

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 20% off coupon works now
OK, now that the coupon's in effect, when are they going to stock the NeoAir Xtherm???

In Gear Deals » REI Dividend?
March 18, 12:46pm

Re: Re: Storage/spice/tea containers.
Have you tried baking in the Red Bull cans? They might survive OK (I wouldn't use lined cans, though).

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » a small steel can
March 16, 2:11pm

Re: custom sized aluminum stays FS for MYOG
Got mine in the mail yesterday, looks great and feels light yet sturdy - thanks, Brendan!

In Gear Deals » custom sized aluminum stays FS for MYOG
March 13, 2:00pm

Re: Re: Romney and Santorum on trees
OK, I'll bite. :) Prefer Ronald "a tree is a tree, how many more do you need to look at?" Reagan to Carter? No, count me out, thanks. And yes, he (RR) did lots...

In Chaff » Romney and Santorum on trees
March 09, 11:30am

Re: Re: Sunscreen - how do you get it off?
+1 to both the above; take a hot soapy shower, use a washcloth or scrubby thing like a loofah...why kill trees with the paper towel thing? On the trail, I use a bandana, Campsuds, and water, we...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sunscreen - how do you get it off?
March 04, 8:18am

link for sale notifications?
Didn't someone recently post a link to some website that will notify you if a particular item goes on sale anywhere on the web, or some such thing? Or am I just imagining this? I can't fi...

In Gear Deals » link for sale notifications?
February 29, 9:39am

Re: Rat Encounter
Several years ago I discovered that a rat was leaving droppings inside my oven (found them on my pizza stone, which had to be thrown out as it smelled like rat pee). Gross! (no slurs against B.G....

In Chaff » Rat Encounter
February 28, 10:30am

WTB: Tarptent Squall 2
nm

In Gear Swap » WTB: Tarptent Squall 2
February 25, 10:02am

Re: Re: Re: Poncho as ground sheet
I'd go with polycryo groundsheet. Years ago we used to use our ponchos as groundsheets all the time; one day when it actually rained hard I was amazed to find that my poncho leaked like a siev...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Poncho as ground sheet
February 24, 4:55pm

Re: Which Easton arrow shaft?
Aha...good to know. I'm considering (if my machinist friend agrees to do the SS tubing) either the Vforce V6 400's, which it sounds like you used something similar to, or the 300's. S...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tunnel Tent - Pole Connector questions
February 24, 4:04pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm